2013-14 NBA Season Thread

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: 2013-14 NBA Season Thread
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:02 pm
  • Try catching one of their games. Fun to watch team.
    They have beaten Indiana, OKC, Warriors, Houston, Lakers, Spurs, ...All these teams we playoff teams last year.
    If those teams are scrubs ... then the NBA is a scrubs league.
    They have lost a total of 4 games out of 25. 2 losses are against the Phoenix Suns and a third one by a buzzer beater against Dallas.

This is the NBA and all teams have excellent players and coaches.
    Blazers are 11:0 against the Eastern Conference.
    I watched their game tonight against Cleveland. Their offense is really good and fun to watch. Compared to what Coach MacMillian used to run in Portland, Terry Stots has been simply amazing.
    Their only downside is their bench is pretty thin. If one of the starter goes down, they will have a hard time sustaining it. As a unit, their starting 5 is probably the best in the League and they are all young guys in their prime.
    m0ng0 wrote:have we played so many scrubs this year or is portland for real?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm

• David Hollinger thinks the 2nd place by a coupla games Thunder are ranked ahead of the Blazers!

I am sensing a Russell Wilsonian type steel reserve to these Blazers. These games are coming down to the wire.

We are winning them. Which begs the question, "Has Allen developed a software to select future hall of fame players?"
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:18 am

• A little to much space on defense, should've been just a little bit tighter.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 pm
  • Seriously, now that TD is a mod, can we end the Portland Trailblazers thread on a Seattle sports team website?

I have a rather obese man-crush on Tony Wroten. He's a handful of MPG away from being a 15,5,5 guy as a 2nd year pro. Too bad the more he plays, the more games they lose.

The Nets are going to come aren't they? Johnson, Lopez and Williams should get you 50 wins on their own.

Who are we kidding? This is Lebron's year again.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:37 pm
  • SPORTS BAR...........5 feet beyond the arc is a high risk shot.

The Blazers are the regional basketball team like the Seahawks are the regional football team.

I reside in Seattle. When I lived in Portland I loved the Seahawks. (many do)

Best thing is we dont pay a penny of the ridiculous sales, sin and other taxes in Seattle to support the Blazers.

THAT pesky Rick Adelman!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:41 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Seriously, now that TD is a mod, can we end the Portland Trailblazers thread on a Seattle sports team website?

I have a rather obese man-crush on Tony Wroten. He's a handful of MPG away from being a 15,5,5 guy as a 2nd year pro. Too bad the more he plays, the more games they lose.

The Nets are going to come aren't they? Johnson, Lopez and Williams should get you 50 wins on their own.

I know Wroten's cousin, practically my brother from another mother, and Wroten is so much happier in Philly. Memphis had so many guards and Hollins wasn't much of a fan of throwing out a rookie like Wroten out there for significant time.

Dudes HOOPING in Philly though, I bet the new GM in Memphis is feeling real stupid with his advanced stats n crap. Is it okay to say the 76ers can be Seattle's pseudo team? They have Hawes too. I think I'll ask Pe if he's down to make them the Seattle Pseudo team as well.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:48 pm
  • BTW, Off night Portland fans? what da hell?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 am
  • Atradees wrote:SPORTS BAR...........5 feet beyond the arc is a high risk shot.

The Blazers are the regional basketball team like the Seahawks are the regional football team.

I reside in Seattle. When I lived in Portland I loved the Seahawks. (many do)

Best thing is we dont pay a penny of the ridiculous sales, sin and other taxes in Seattle to support the Blazers.

THAT pesky Rick Adelman!

The Blazers are not the regional basketball team, except to Blazers fans. They are the mortal enemy of the team from the same city that this board was made for.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:19 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:Seriously, now that TD is a mod, can we end the Portland Trailblazers thread on a Seattle sports team website?

I know Wroten's cousin, practically my brother from another mother, and Wroten is so much happier in Philly. Memphis had so many guards and Hollins wasn't much of a fan of throwing out a rookie like Wroten out there for significant time.

Dudes HOOPING in Philly though, I bet the new GM in Memphis is feeling real stupid with his advanced stats n crap. Is it okay to say the 76ers can be Seattle's pseudo team? They have Hawes too. I think I'll ask Pe if he's down to make them the Seattle Pseudo team as well.

They're probably the team I root for most often, and they're the team I usually roll with in NBA2k, but then again I was rolling Memphis all year last year taking 20 shots with Wroten. Might be why my record suffered.

But it is kind of weird. Both the one-and-dones that came here for pretty dismal seasons team-wise ended up on the same team. So they're Huskies, kind of? I wish they had never come. Saw Spencer at the Jamal Crawford thing this summer, that was a lot of fun, he was just unstoppable.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 am
  • Kind of with you, these one and dones really screwed over the program that Romar has.

Guys like Wilcox who develop and become really good players doesn't happen very often anymore. NBA needs to open the age limit back up to 18, they have the resources now in the NBDL to develop these kids if they're not ready that they didn't have before when the D-League first began and it was looked at like a death sentence to an NBA career.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Them Thunders is lookin' good here against the Clips...

Thunder are not bad for a 2nd place team in the Northwest division.

I'm sorry, i wasn't paying attention....you were saying?
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:32 pm
  • The Thunder are still a piece away from a championship. They are the third best team this year behind Miami/Indiana.

Blazers are for real, Lillard is sophomore MVP by far. Aldridge is consistently one of the better all around bigs.

Indiana and Miami are just going to coast until the ECF. That will be a hell of a series and unless Miami makes a move for a real big guy, I might give the edge to IND this year.

LAC are frauds. Without Paul being a super stud so far, they might be closer to .500. I'll take HOU, POR, OKL & SA over them anyday.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 pm
  • Blazers will flame out, same as always. Aldridge is just way too inconsistent. Always has been. Can't be relied upon to sustain production throughout the year. Lillard, however, is a fantastic young player.

Miami still have to be favorites. I like Indiana, just not sure they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:32 pm
  • Miami is just clutch, everyone on that team hits big shots.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:57 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Miami is just clutch, everyone on that team hits big shots.

I have no problem with Miami other than they purchased their team and developed zero talent.

To me that speaks of Mega Corporate Under-Lords. They might as well build condos in Ballard or set up a string of coffee shops on every corner. Sound familiar?

Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:55 am
  • Knock down that dumpster called KeyArena and maybe we could talk Seattle basketball again :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:52 am
  • Sir...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:31 am
  • Atradees wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Miami is just clutch, everyone on that team hits big shots.

I have no problem with Miami other than they purchased their team and developed zero talent.

To me that speaks of Mega Corporate Under-Lords. They might as well build condos in Ballard or set up a string of coffee shops on every corner. Sound familiar?

The NBA has a salary cap, you don't 'buy' championships.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:32 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Blazers will flame out, same as always. Aldridge is just way too inconsistent. Always has been. Can't be relied upon to sustain production throughout the year. Lillard, however, is a fantastic young player.

Miami still have to be favorites. I like Indiana, just not sure they can beat Miami in a 7 game series.

Aldridge looks pretty consistent so far. I expect them to take a mid/late season dump and ruin everything (did the MIN game tell you anything?). But for now hard to argue their ability.

Miami is still the favorites because they have the best player in the league but that team just isn't that good.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:04 am
  • y'all just wait til the Jazz catch fire!!!!!!!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 am

Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Blazers will flame out, same as always. Aldridge is just way too inconsistent. Always has been. Can't be relied upon to sustain production throughout the year. Lillard, however, is a fantastic young player.

Aldridge looks pretty consistent so far. I expect them to take a mid/late season dump and ruin everything (did the MIN game tell you anything?). But for now hard to argue their ability.

Miami is still the favorites because they have the best player in the league but that team just isn't that good.

Oh I dont think anybody here isi talking championship at all, most are stunned they have maintained this level of play for as long as they have, its like you pull the piece out of the jenga tower and it all comes crashing down, the important thing is the team believes, they believe in their coach, they believe in his system and most importantly they believe in each other. LaMarcus has become a leader and its showing, Its been a lot of fun to watch this year and who knows howfar they can take this.......more good news C. J. McCollum has been cleared to practice.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:41 am
  • Bobcats become the Hornets at the end of the season, heres the new logo

I don't know about the legal side of things, but I'd rather they have the old logo back.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:01 pm
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 am

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:16 pm
  • God we need pehawk back, Blazer talk is so boring.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:23 pm
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:23 pm
  • That is the worst goat tee I have ever seen. Its almost photoshop.

ummm who is Pehawk? hahahh
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:28 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:hahahaha, another great game !

:thmusik36:

Wow. McLemore does indeed suck.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 am
  • Um so my Cavs prediction? Can we pretend it didn't happen? Bynum looks done in Cleveland. My caveat though was they'd be a playoff team if he was healthy though...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 am
  • Throwdown wrote:God we need pehawk back, Blazer talk is so boring.

Winning can be boring I suppose :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:41 am
  • What did Bynum do? I havent been following. Is it an effort thing or is he on steroids or smoking stuff....

Mongo that was a great 3 pointer last night with .5 seconds left. Dang!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:50 am
  • yep a tough one to lose, we have had alot of those shots go our way, i suppose we were due :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:17 pm
  • Now the Lakers want to trade Gasol for Bynum...Yeah Bynum, the guy they traded to bring Dwight Howard last year. Lakers have turned into a perpetual joke.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:44 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Now the Lakers want to trade Gasol for Bynum...Yeah Bynum, the guy they traded to bring Dwight Howard last year. Lakers have turned into a perpetual joke.

They are going to cut him as soon as the trade is done, and save 20mill.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 am

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:20 pm
  • We own the Thunder and San Antonio. Come playoff time we will be OK!
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:46 pm
  • Atradees wrote:We own the Thunder and San Antonio. Come playoff time we will be OK!

LOL

Naw....
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:45 pm
  • CJ McCullom gets his start in the D league. Blazers dont want mess with the chemistry....

It would be great if he can contribute on the bench soon.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm
  • Man, the Lakers are so depressing right now.

Even though, if they were in the east, they'd be half a game out of the 8th seed right now.
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 pm
  • Cavs just got Louel Deng for Bynum n draft picks
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 am

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:52 am
  • One of those deals that were kind of beneficial to both teams.

Cavs get that solid/talented veteran guy not named Anderson Varejao to go with an extremely young team. Bulls will release Bynum and begin their rebuilding process with the cap space they just created by shedding Deng's contract and the eventual shedding of Bynum's, plus the 3 future picks may come in handy, 'specially if the Cavs never take off like they hope they will. Bull's are projected the 9th pick so far, could drop here soon if they decide to sell the house, which they could.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 pm
  • Blazer bench just got a little stronger. Despite Boston shooting like 75% in the first half we won. CJ McCullom a good get. He has some length and handles the ball well. 7 guys in double figures.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 pm
  • LaMarcus Aldridge is the best PF in the league.

Just imagine an healthy LA, Oden and Brandon Roy...

Scary thought.
    British Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 pm
  • British Hawk wrote:LaMarcus Aldridge is the best PF in the league.

Top 3 probably, but #1 is iffy. I would still take Love(when healthy) over him, Griffin and arguably Duncan.

Javaris Crittenton back in the news again, unfortunately.

a former first-round NBA draft pick perhaps best known for his gun-in-the-locker-room confrontation with former Washington Wizards teammate Gilbert Arenas, was indicted Wednesday on drug charges in Atlanta, where he's already awaiting trial for his alleged role in the shooting death of a mother of four.

Crittenton and 13 other people were named in the indictment that was initially the result of an investigation conducted by the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, according to a source close to the investigation. According to that source, Crittenton conspired to deal cocaine and marijuana in the months before he was indicted last year for his alleged role in an August 2011 Atlanta shooting death.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... rder-trial
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am
  • man I doubt I could name 8 power forwards in the league at this point, I am just not interested in the NBA anymore. I follow Portland and whomever they play on a given day but that is about it.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:08 pm
  • The best thing about Alderidge is his unselfishness. A rare commodity in this league.

Oh Popavich! T up and walk away while we beat you!

Can this Blazers team win 60 games?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information