Coolest athlete of all time

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
I think Shaq is far and away the coolest athlete to ever play a game. Can't judge for other cultures, but he should win USA title if there ever was.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ali, Payton, Walt Frazier, Joe Namath, Magic, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pete Maravich, Jim Palmer, Babe Ruth,

There are a lot, depending on cool definition.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned Strahan yet. Not many athletes are cool enough to cohost a popular mainstream TV show

Erebus

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I always thought Bo Jackson was the coolest athlete. Haven't really thought of athletes in those terms since then.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Also Michael Jordan...everyone wants to be him. His shoes are also very popular to this day. That's a whole different type of cool though

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Ali was a racist.

Pass on that dude.

Bo Jackson is a good candidate, Theismann was a stud too (did everything just like Bo).

The Radish

Reaction score
At this point has to be Michael Jorden. Still known world wide, has always been a complete gentlemen to the public and his face sells products.

Strahan??? what a joke. Dude's been a jerk to the public his entire career and now wants us to like him for TV?

:les:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Radish":fi3jr9gm said:
At this point has to be Michael Jorden. Still known world wide, has always been a complete gentlemen to the public and his face sells products.

Strahan??? what a joke. Dude's been a jerk to the public his entire career and now wants us to like him for TV?

I've always liked Strahan

pehawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2qcxlwa1 said:
Ali was a racist.

Pass on that dude.

Bo Jackson is a good candidate, Theismann was a stud too (did everything just like Bo).

All a matter of perspective. You can make that argument, but you can also say he was fighting for legit injustices occurring within his era.

And, isn't Tom Brady? 3 rings and 2 Supermodels pregnant at the same time. The only possible way to make him "cooler" would be if it came out he also topples governments and fulfills assassination requests for the CIA.

I'm hoping in April I have a boy. And, if I do, all I'll do is tell him "be like Bond or Brady you little ninny".

The Radish

Reaction score
pehawk":2y7ydcz6 said:
SouthSoundHawk":2y7ydcz6 said:
Ali was a racist.

Pass on that dude.

All a matter of perspective. You can make that argument, but you can also say he was fighting for legit injustices occurring within his era.

And, isn't Tom Brady? 3 rings and 2 Supermodels pregnant at the same time. The only possible way to make him "cooler" would be if it came out he also topples governments and fulfills assassination requests for the CIA.

I'm hoping in April I have a boy. And, if I do, all I'll do is tell him "be like Bond or Brady you little ninny".

I see one potential problem with your stance. If he turns out like Bond he may take offense to being called a "ninny".

:D

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, I was calling my future little Holden a ninny. I don't even really know what that means, but it sounds like a name Radish would use during his teenage years.

That was a great scene though.

OP
OP
ClumsyLurk

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
pehawk":2spo4x4t said:
SouthSoundHawk":2spo4x4t said:
Ali was a racist.

Pass on that dude.

You should name him Tomes (pronounced Toms)and hope for the best of both.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
The Radish":rehlnk1d said:

Funny, when I read this I thought of another worldwide star like that.

David Beckham, heck I'm not a huge soccer fan but I know that guy was and still is chased around the globe like a movie star. i mean when people are copying your tattoos, you model for any high end fashion wear company you want, and endorse products world wide. Can't get much cooler than that.

OP
OP
ClumsyLurk

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
I'll define cool for my basis of Shaq in the matter of pure off-the-field coolness. For instance Shaq's social skills are far beyond most. He was one of the first major athletes on twitter before it that service hit the tipping point. When I was following him early on he tweeted that he was at a local mall and giving out tickets to the first fan that touched him.
IMPvNYN

Also - Shaq tweeted that anybody who tattooed the picture of Barkley kissing Dick Bavetta at the 2007 all star game would get $1000 and a chance to meet Shaq.
Zdfp6VO

Then after Kobe lost the finals against the Celtics he went on stage last night and laid down probably his best raps of his career (hahaha whatever that is)
[youtube]6lQW-FWMcBo[/youtube]

There probably many other examples of his coolness but that gives kind of an idea on the vague OP.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Can't believe no one has mentioned the kid, Ken Griffey Jr. Everyone loves that guy. Don't matter what team you rooted for.