Mayweather v Alvarez

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped for this fight. I'm actually going to buy it over, umm, yeah.

At least Alvarez is a legit fighter; not a Bradley or Chavez Jr. Mayweather will most likely win, but I think Canelo's size may allow him to wear Floyd down enough to open him up for a shot or two. If he lands a power shot, maybe he can do something?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Alvarez as of yet. I think he'll get gassed out chasing Mayweather and look to land a haymaker and subsequently get schooled until the final bell. I want to put money on this, but its not even worth it unless you're throwing down a rack.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":r8r485yo said:
I'm not sold on Alvarez as of yet. I think he'll get gassed out chasing Mayweather and look to land a haymaker and subsequently get schooled until the final bell. I want to put money on this, but its not even worth it unless you're throwing down a rack.

Well, at least Alvarez came up through legit ranks. At least, IMO.

I agree with your assessment. Also, he has to knock him out, period. There's too much riding on Floyd seeing this deal through for any honest decision.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Some great stuff from the undercard press conference. Danny Garcia's father is quite the character. Including claiming that he will cut his own head off if his son loses.

**Warning... lots of nsfw language.

[youtube]04S2asgGKEk[/youtube]

[youtube]evWjhKomlfg[/youtube]

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm kinda more excited for Garcia/Matthyse...that's gonna be a more entertaining fight by a mile imo

Cartire

Reaction score
finally about to start. I have kids now. 9:30 is late.

Cartire

Reaction score
LOL. Justin Bieber is part of Mayweathers crew. Walking with him out the tunnel and everything.

Ive seen it all now.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Cartire":2wo5sd80 said:
LOL. Justin Bieber is part of Mayweathers crew. Walking with him out the tunnel and everything.

Ive seen it all now.

Did Alvarez immediately give up from intimidation?

m0ng0

Reaction score
boxing is just so dead to me these days, I used to love it back in the day, but I just don't give a damn any more.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Just like I said. Canelo is too slow too weak to beat Mayweather. Not even close

SonicHawk

Reaction score
WHY DID GARCIA HAVE TO WIN.

So tired of his dad.

Mayweather looked great. One of my clients had me sitting cageside for his MMA event which was pretty fun. Only local amateurs and a few pros, but fun none the less. Missed the first few rounds of the fight but saw the rest. Alvarez was just so outclassed. Even if he were to be faster or stronger than Mayweather he wouldn't have won.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Mayweather did his thing. I think some are "tired" of boxing because thos dude is soooooo much better than everyone else.

MexHawk

Reaction score
I was rooting for Canelo, of course. But Mayweather was amazing last night, Canelo didn't even knew how to box against him, he was really schooled last night. This defeat will teach the kid that in boxing, you have to box, punch alone won't make you win against real good boxers like Mayweather. Maybe next time. And what about hose judges? I saw a unanimous win by Mayweather.

Cartire

Reaction score
MexHawk":33mxwze5 said:
I was rooting for Canelo, of course. But Mayweather was amazing last night, Canelo didn't even knew how to box against him, he was really schooled last night. This defeat will teach the kid that in boxing, you have to box, punch alone won't make you win against real good boxers like Mayweather. Maybe next time. And what about hose judges? I saw a unanimous win by Mayweather.

Yea, that was the same judge that botched the score in the Paqiuo/Bradly fight.

Boxing is already dirty as hell in the backend. I doubt this guy judges another big fight in his career.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MexHawk":24mn3fw1 said:

Right? When I heard majority, I was floored. How the hell anybody not blind judge that 114-114 is ridiculous.