Mayweather v Alvarez

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Mayweather v Alvarez
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 am
  • I'm pretty pumped for this fight. I'm actually going to buy it over, umm, yeah.

At least Alvarez is a legit fighter; not a Bradley or Chavez Jr. Mayweather will most likely win, but I think Canelo's size may allow him to wear Floyd down enough to open him up for a shot or two. If he lands a power shot, maybe he can do something?
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Mayweather v Alvarez
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 am
  • I'm not sold on Alvarez as of yet. I think he'll get gassed out chasing Mayweather and look to land a haymaker and subsequently get schooled until the final bell. I want to put money on this, but its not even worth it unless you're throwing down a rack.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:40 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:I'm not sold on Alvarez as of yet. I think he'll get gassed out chasing Mayweather and look to land a haymaker and subsequently get schooled until the final bell. I want to put money on this, but its not even worth it unless you're throwing down a rack.

Well, at least Alvarez came up through legit ranks. At least, IMO.

I agree with your assessment. Also, he has to knock him out, period. There's too much riding on Floyd seeing this deal through for any honest decision.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm
  • Some great stuff from the undercard press conference. Danny Garcia's father is quite the character. Including claiming that he will cut his own head off if his son loses.

**Warning... lots of nsfw language.

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm
  • I'm kinda more excited for Garcia/Matthyse...that's gonna be a more entertaining fight by a mile imo
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 pm
  • finally about to start. I have kids now. 9:30 is late.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:29 pm
  • LOL. Justin Bieber is part of Mayweathers crew. Walking with him out the tunnel and everything.

Ive seen it all now.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Cartire wrote:LOL. Justin Bieber is part of Mayweathers crew. Walking with him out the tunnel and everything.

Ive seen it all now.

Did Alvarez immediately give up from intimidation?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:39 pm
  • boxing is just so dead to me these days, I used to love it back in the day, but I just don't give a damn any more.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 pm
  • Mayweather wins.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 pm
  • Just like I said. Canelo is too slow too weak to beat Mayweather. Not even close
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:46 am
  • WHY DID GARCIA HAVE TO WIN.

So tired of his dad.

Mayweather looked great. One of my clients had me sitting cageside for his MMA event which was pretty fun. Only local amateurs and a few pros, but fun none the less. Missed the first few rounds of the fight but saw the rest. Alvarez was just so outclassed. Even if he were to be faster or stronger than Mayweather he wouldn't have won.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 am
  • Mayweather did his thing. I think some are "tired" of boxing because thos dude is soooooo much better than everyone else.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:07 am
  • I was rooting for Canelo, of course. But Mayweather was amazing last night, Canelo didn't even knew how to box against him, he was really schooled last night. This defeat will teach the kid that in boxing, you have to box, punch alone won't make you win against real good boxers like Mayweather. Maybe next time. And what about hose judges? I saw a unanimous win by Mayweather.
    MexHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:09 am
  • MexHawk wrote:I was rooting for Canelo, of course. But Mayweather was amazing last night, Canelo didn't even knew how to box against him, he was really schooled last night. This defeat will teach the kid that in boxing, you have to box, punch alone won't make you win against real good boxers like Mayweather. Maybe next time. And what about hose judges? I saw a unanimous win by Mayweather.

Yea, that was the same judge that botched the score in the Paqiuo/Bradly fight.

Boxing is already dirty as hell in the backend. I doubt this guy judges another big fight in his career.
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 am
  • MexHawk wrote:I was rooting for Canelo, of course. But Mayweather was amazing last night, Canelo didn't even knew how to box against him, he was really schooled last night. This defeat will teach the kid that in boxing, you have to box, punch alone won't make you win against real good boxers like Mayweather. Maybe next time. And what about hose judges? I saw a unanimous win by Mayweather.

Right? When I heard majority, I was floored. How the hell anybody not blind judge that 114-114 is ridiculous.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information