What was up with the Sounders recording/ripoff chant?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • If you were at the game Thursday you surely noticed a new chant. And if you also go to Sounders games you surely recognized it.

I'm talking of course about the "SEATTLE!" chant being blasted on the PA, which was obviously a recording of the ECS from a Sounders game. I instinctively shouted "SOUNDERS!" on the first prompt each time.

Anyway, I love them both, but I was not digging the blatant copying and use of the recording of Sounders fans for a seahawks chant. That felt pretty lame and forced
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Super lame. Hated it too. Contrived.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• Heard that over the tv, didn't realize it was coming from the speakers. To me football noise should be organic and natural, leave the chants and organized songs to soccer.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Exactly. We don't need a TV screen to tell us when and how to get loud. If anybody here got named to that fan advisory council, tell them to drop that, would you?

Oh, and a little less volume on the opening montage right before the introduction would be a welcome change, too.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• My whole section was not enthused to put it politely. Hopefully that was the only time I'll hear that outside of a Sounders game.
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Heard that over the tv, didn't realize it was coming from the speakers. To me football noise should be organic and natural, leave the chants and organized songs to soccer.

The wave is awesome
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• Lol....they tried to get the football folks to do a call and repeat chant? Really...

lol.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Well in the old days in the Kingdome we used to get the Seattle on one side of the stadium and then Seahawks on the other a lot when we had Bill the Beerman. So who ripped off from who?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Well in the old days in the Kingdome we used to get the Seattle on one side of the stadium and then Seahawks on the other a lot when we had Bill the Beerman. So who ripped off from who?

Yes sir. And we did just fine
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, I'll pass on the creepy authoritarian hive-mind organized chants and hand signals.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information