How good is the USMNT??

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: How good is the USMNT??
Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:30 am
  • USMNT = United States Mutant Ninja Turtles? :|

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah Shark, you appear to be out of your element here...

apparently its my fault...

I think the Costa Rica game simply exposes the USMNT's weaknesses as well Shark's flacid argument, which failed to address two simple points: 1. yes, the US is developing better soccer players, but so is the rest of the world (we've simply managed to organize our youth system to look more like Europe's, which has existed since the 60s). 2. while the current national team squads reflect a balance of youth and ageing experience, Shark doesnt seem to see the talent pool in Italy, Spain, England, Germany, etc. in the younger age groups. Italy finished 2nd in the u21 Euro Cup last year. This is what worries me about the USMNT. This very well may be the last chance in some time to make a run at something in the World Cup (our u21 team has yet to reveal any game changing talents, the 18s have two very good prospects, including a Liverpool academy player)

Shit game for the US the other night (well, shit start). But I'm willing to let it go. I think they had a loss in their hearts before they even travelled down. I expect a better performance with a desperate Mexico squad. A win there and all is better

I can't wait for the US to dominate soccer like basketball and football, but we just aren't there yet. I see the vector with an upward trajectory and I think we'll close the gap quite a bit. I'd say we will see the US win a world cup in my life time (I'm 32).
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 pm
  • USA had a great bounceback game against Mexico tonight.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 am

Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 am
  • falcongoggles wrote:US now ranked 13th in the last FIFA rankings. Spain, Argentina, Germany, Italy, and Colombia are ranked #1-5.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15512 ... rs?cc=5739

this is why these rankings are nonsense. Columbia at #5? bollocks.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am
  • or Uruguay at 7.. these are worse than ESPN's NFL power rankings.

Either way, the US has done what it needed to do. This gives Klinsmann the chance to work through his lineup (specifically the backline) without relying on major players with lengthy club schedules to win games down the stretch (thank you Mexico)...

I have a feeling the lineup for Brazil will look much different than the one we have seen these past few months. Thats on Klinsmann.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:02 am

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information