Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
British Hawk wrote:
Manchester City will win the Premier League this season. Chelsea, although thoroughly talented, are just too inconsistent. City on the other hand, are starting to find a real groove.

And what about Arsenal? City are winning games, but I hardly would say they've found their groove. 3 games in the past month included favorable decisions for City that shouldn't have gone their way and I still have questions about their away form.

Arsenal on the other hand have finally figured out the one thing they had so much difficulty doing over the past few years, grinding out wins. Against Villa, Arsenal should've blasted them to oblivion with how easy they made things look in the first half. But they let Villa back in the game. You throw that on top of the Newcastle win, and the win over West Ham, and you see a team winning games that a year or two ago, they would've dropped points instead.

Gate...Arsenal are doing spectacularly, but you kind of answered your own thinking. They are "grinding out wins" when they shouldve blasted teams into submission. How long can they expect to do it? Arsenal look far too thin for a title run. Many on here have said it, many pundits are saying the same thing. Its not impossible, but its just not as likely. They have a rough schedule coming up, and the battle between 1-7 will be that all points are at a premium. City and Chelsea are doing the same thing, but have the depth to continue it.

This seems City's to lose. Chelsea taking up second. Arsenal can surprise here but even you can admit they dont have nearly the depth that City/Chelsea do. Points will be dropped at the top by all three. As it stands right now, Arsenal look "the most likely" to concede more in the stretch as they just dont have the quality.

They may surprise, but it be just that... a surprise.

Should I mention the fact that City has lost to Cardiff and Villa who Arsenal beat? Or maybe I should point out that Arsenal haven't lost a match in 2 years in which Koscielny and Mertesacker play the full 90 together? From the "experts" it just sounds like a broken record, all I ever hear is that "Arsenal don't have the depth", "Arsenal don't have the quality", "Arsenal will fall apart", and "Arsenal won't keep it up". These are the same experts that said Arsenal wouldn't make it to New Years Day on top of the EPL, but they did.

You said Arsenal look most likely to concede compared to City and Chelsea. So the club with the joint best defense in the EPL(not to mention Szczesny is statistically one of the best keepers this season) is more likely to concede than City, who seem to concede almost as easily as they've scored at times this season, and Chelsea, who's strategy against top sides seems to be put all but 1 guy in defense. I said it at the end of the Villa match on Monday, the Villains never even came close to a threat until they were handed a goal.

I've absolutely had it with this "Arsenal don't have the quality and depth" crap also. Where does it say you have to have 5 strikers, and 5 center backs to have the depth? Giroud hasn't been scoring goals like Suarez this season(almost seems like not even Messi or Ronaldo could), but then again, why would he if he's getting just as much help from the midfield. I've gotten sick and tired of those who say Giroud isn't good enough, because quite frankly he's invaluable to the team's set up. And I was worried when Walcott was ruled out for the season, but Gnabry's performances in the last 2 games have squashed that, if he keeps that up, with Ox now back, then there's not problem on the wing.

Besides all that, we all know what Arsenal does best is finish the season strong. The last 2 seasons, in the final 15 matches, Arsenal picked up 33 points(11-12 season) and 36 points(12-13 season) out of a possible 45. The problem they had was starting strong and this year they did. If any club knows how to finish a season, it's Arsenal and to say they're more likely to concede and drop points, despite being the most consistent team in the league, is not giving a fair shake to the Gunners.

Hell, what if Arsenal crash out of the Champions League? I mean out of United, City, Chelsea, and Arsenal, the Gunners have the least likely chance of progressing cause they got Bayern Munich. They go out now(and City and Chelsea go through), they don't have to deal with a midweek European excursion. And that's good news if you don't have a deep squad.

Then you look at the run in. The last 5 games, Arsenal face West Ham, Hull(away), Newcastle, West Brom and Norwich(away). Chelsea face Swansea(away), Sunderland, Liverpool(away), Norwich, and Cardiff(away). And City face Liverpool(away), West Brom, Crystal Palace(away), Everton(away), and West Ham. If we reach the last 5 games and it's a 3 team race between City, Chelsea and Arsenal, who do you think has the more favorable finish? I don't think it's Chelsea cause they have to deal with Liverpool and Cardiff away, and City has to go to Merseyside twice, and both sides travel 3 times, and Arsenal have 3 at home and Newcastle would be their toughest test out of all 5.

I don't even expect you to agree with me at all Si, you never do, you probably think Liverpool has a better chance of winning the league than Arsenal.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:41 am 
* NET Starfish *

lol

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:37 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
lol

im done with him.. was actually complimentary of his club and he still throws a temper tantrum like a little girl

better to ignore at this point

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm 
NET Starter

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
lol

im done with him.. was actually complimentary of his club and he still throws a temper tantrum like a little girl

How how about our Reds?! Do we actually bring in any first team quality in this window? Id like to see someone with at least rotational quality (in defense and midfield) brought in due to the inevitability of injuries.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
lol

How how about our Reds?! Do we actually bring in any first team quality in this window? Id like to see someone with at least rotational quality (in defense and midfield) brought in due to the inevitability of injuries.

so many rumours out there right now, but nothing of any substance. Not even some smoke to get excited about. Ive heard Salah, Tello, Jorginho, Mvilla, Reges, and now Luke Shaw (which would be freaking brilliant)

The whole January market has been eerily quiet. I think Salah might be the only bit of business done. Shame, given that a strong LB and CDM/CAM to interject into the squad could strengthen their status in the top 4. I also understand Januarys not the best time...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
lol

The first two sentences were directed at you, the rest was about the so-called "experts" who like to drool over Chelsea and City, but constantly expect Arsenal to fall apart only to be proven wrong every time.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 am 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
lol

The first two sentences were directed at you, the rest was about the so-called "experts" who like to drool over Chelsea and City, but constantly expect Arsenal to fall apart only to be proven wrong every time.

seems as though the last paragraph was as well...

Villa beat Arsenal as well if you recall, and City beat Arsenal 6-2 (thats a massive score). Arsenal havent won anything in nearly a decade, so not sure how anyones been "proven wrong every time." its not hating on one team to see another as stronger. I think Arsenals a great squad this year. but you can cry in the corner because I didnt say your favorite team would win. I didnt say mine would either. Its just an opinion. I feel good about it. not putting money on it though.

thing is, you simply cant handle when someone doesnt praise your team. not criticizing them.. nope, just saying that another team looks stronger. its old. its not even a soccer debate, just you tossing a temper tantrum. its like talking a soccer mom off the edge because her son didnt play as much as some of the other boys.

hold your breath until you pass out if you want, take your ball and go home. i dont care. im just over it.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:56 am 
NET Veteran

Good job City, you've reached 100 goals, you still aren't top of the league though.

Frustrating 1st 45 against the leagues worst defense, who actually came to play today. Fulham gave Arsenal a good scare but Szczesny making his 100th Arsenal appearance did very well today. Cazorla was very good in taking both goals, though the first came not even a minute after the most irritating part of the game where we had 3 clear as day chances that were somehow blocked by Fulham. It was good to see Arsenal not make the same mistake they made on Monday and it's good to say the Gunners are still top of the league.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Well boys... A frustrating first half. Rodgers outsmarted himself to be honest and gave an industrious Villa side room to play. 2nd half return of Lucas and a 4123 made the difference. Tough not gain all three points but a bit of pride shown and a lesson learned for our young manager.

He needs to sort out how Coutinho Sturridge Suarez sterling Lucas Henderson and Gerrard can all play...or who gets the drop for the Merseyside derby next week

City to 100 goals already...simply astonishing. Will be interesting to see how they manage their squad with the CL coming up.

Fun ones tomorrow

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Well boys... A frustrating first half. Rodgers outsmarted himself to be honest and gave an industrious Villa side room to play. 2nd half return of Lucas and a 4123 made the difference. Tough not gain all three points but a bit of pride shown and a lesson learned for our young manager.

He needs to sort out how Coutinho Sturridge Suarez sterling Lucas Henderson and Gerrard can all play...or who gets the drop for the Merseyside derby next week

City to 100 goals already...simply astonishing. Will be interesting to see how they manage their squad with the CL coming up.

Fun ones tomorrow

Not so sure Liverpool should've tied it up, real time that looked like a legit penalty, but the more I see the replay, the more it looks like Suarez dived(again). Not saying they wouldn't have tied it up eventually, cause they were clearly on top when the penalty happened, but it felt like they tied it up a bit cheaply.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 am 
* NET Starfish *

Shut up, Gate.

Anyway, United in free-fall. Moyes is completely clueless and Rafael is lucky to escape a straight red right after Vidic there.

Liverpool still look good for 4th, in my opinion. SPurs have made a bit of a resurgence, and I expect Everton to start to fall away now. I reckon City to win it all, CHelsea second, then Arsenal 3rd and Liverpool 4th. Gives us something to build on for next season.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Shut up, Gate.

Anyway, United in free-fall. Moyes is completely clueless and Rafael is lucky to escape a straight red right after Vidic there.

Liverpool still look good for 4th, in my opinion. SPurs have made a bit of a resurgence, and I expect Everton to start to fall away now. I reckon City to win it all, CHelsea second, then Arsenal 3rd and Liverpool 4th. Gives us something to build on for next season.

Don't feed him...

We need two additions to push for top 4... Looks like Lucas may be out a long stretch and its clear we don't play well without a DM. A first team left or right back is well

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 am 
NET Starter

We need to spend a little bit here in January so we don't have to break the bank in the summer regardless of 4th place or not. Just because they might be a little over priced in Jan doesn't mean the player wouldn't be a good fit. Please get out the checkbook, John

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 am 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
We need to spend a little bit here in January so we don't have to break the bank in the summer regardless of 4th place or not. Just because they might be a little over priced in Jan doesn't mean the player wouldn't be a good fit. Please get out the checkbook, John

Salah seems to be moving forward... but I still dont see winger as a need. Maybe if the idea is to bring Salah in to rotate with Sterling and allow Coutinho to play CAM (in a 4-2-3-1) or play a 4-1-3-2 (i think this is our best formation) with Salah and Sterling out wide, Coutinho behind the strikers and Henderson/Allen/Lucas/Gerrard rotating in the holding role?

We still need that DM to cover Lucas, especially if he is out for awhile. Would also have loved them to go after some great WB options (why not Luke Shaw?). But i think we are too late in the window.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Mata to United (announced only minutes before they subsequently missed 4 penalties to lose to Sunderland)....

Interesting purchase..on both sides. Jose really trolled the league with this one: improving a team he doesn't have to play again this season but still has matches with all the top 4 rivals (outside Spurs). Gets 37 million for a player who couldn't get on the field.

For United... Mata will help. He offers the center mid pace they lack... But once Rooney and RvP return Mata will have to go wide and put Young, Kagawa and Welbeck to the bench. They still lack any defensive grit

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 am 
NET Veteran

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Chelsea?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:22 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:

did you see how they are in for Salah now...

i dont see winger as a "need" for Liverpool after the emergence of Sterling... but if they nab the Egyptian that will be two players in two windows.

and all we got in return was something called Moses.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

i dont see winger as a "need" for Liverpool after the emergence of Sterling... but if they nab the Egyptian that will be two players in two windows.

Supposedly Salah is a vocal and committed anti-Semite. If true, and assuming he does end up at Chelsea he'll become an instant fan favourite.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:56 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

Supposedly Salah is a vocal and committed anti-Semite. If true, and assuming he does end up at Chelsea he'll become an instant fan favourite.

oh well, we dont need wingers anyways... but Jose's trolling of the PL is something to watch. Seriously he is in a class by himself these days.

My favorite quote of the week: "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent." - Arsene Wenger

ummm....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:13 am 
NET Veteran

Wenger obviously considered United, City and Barcelona to be a class above Arsenal. Sounds about right.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:29 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
Wenger obviously considered United, City and Barcelona to be a class above Arsenal. Sounds about right.

Is there a bigger whiner in the PL?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 am 
NET Starter

Liverpool lose out on their only real target of January. Lose to Everton on Tuesday, don't see the top four rest of the season. Pessimistic? Maybe. Reality? Likely.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:48 am 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Liverpool lose out on their only real target of January. Lose to Everton on Tuesday, don't see the top four rest of the season. Pessimistic? Maybe. Reality? Likely.

Well this is alot of supposition. We have no idea if Salah was a target, or our ONLY target. Word is we never even bid. Doesnt sound all that serious to me.

Remember we have the easier run in of our top 4 competitors. Dropping points to Everton would be painful, but certainly not insurmountable.

It is worrying we havent brought in cover at DM or an outside back. Salah was a winger, and we have Coutinho and Sterling there, including Ibe, Assaidi, Aspas and Borini in the club. Hard to say he was a real need..

Lets see how the next week pans out. Sounds as though Lucas is 2-4 weeks instead of 6-8 as well

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
oh well, we dont need wingers anyways... but Jose's trolling of the PL is something to watch. Seriously he is in a class by himself these days.

My favorite quote of the week: "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent." - Arsene Wenger

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:12 am 
* NET Starfish *

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless.

Arsehole.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:27 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

ummm....

Arsehole.

37 million just doesnt make sense...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

ummm....

Arsehole.

37 million just doesnt make sense...

37 million seems like a bit much for a player that's spent so much of the season(Unfairly might I add) on the bench.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Arsenal through to the fifth round with a, for the most part, comfortable and easy 4-0 win over League 1 side Coventry City. Podolski with a first half brace, and Giroud and Cazorla finished the scoring in the final 6 minutes. Coventry did put up a valiant effort but just couldn't finish their chances and it just showed the gulf in the difference in how easily Arsenal scored their 4 goals. Arsenal definitely let off the gas in the 2nd half and almost let Coventry back into things, and they did have some great chances, with Fabianski making a great save and the post denying another. It'll be interesting to see who Arsenal draw now.

In the only other FA Cup game of the day, Preston North End and Nottingham Forest played a scoreless draw and will have to replay the tie at Preston North End.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless

37 million seems like a bit much for a player that's spent so much of the season(Unfairly might I add) on the bench.

so why would you question Chelsea's sense in taking the money? they just dumped a player they dont use for 37 million... dumped him to a rival that still has games with their direct competition for top 4.

Jose's won this. Wenger's hypocritical moaning made it priceless. Oh well... only two winners in that deal and none of them are Arsenal and Liverpool

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
[/quote]

so why would you question Chelsea's sense in taking the money? they just dumped a player they dont use for 37 million... dumped him to a rival that still has games with their direct competition for top 4.

Jose's won this. Wenger's hypocritical moaning made it priceless. Oh well... only two winners in that deal and none of them are Arsenal and Liverpool[/quote]

Should probably add Pellegrini to your list. And the 37 million I was talking about was referring to Man U, it's a transfer record for them but Mata isn't exactly worth that much, Mourinho trolled so many people in this, but it's really as much a gamble for Chelsea as anyone else.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 am 
NET Veteran

37 million may be a lot but as United desperately needed top quality, preferably Premier League proven, talent in January they didn't have a lot of choice. Good deal for all involved.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 am 
NET Veteran

Top 4 clashes have been drawn in the 5th round of the FA Cup with Manchester City vs Chelsea and Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Top 4 clashes have been drawn in the 5th round of the FA Cup with Manchester City vs Chelsea and Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Tough draw for all..

Gate. Take a quick look at Arsenals schedule from February through early March

Its unreal

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

Tough draw for all..

Gate. Take a quick look at Arsenals schedule from February through early March

Its unreal

It's a difficult schedule. I won't be too surprised if Arsenal stumble a bit during it. Honestly the only tough ones EPL-wise, are Liverpool(away), City(home) and Chelsea(away). Arsenal have made minimal mistakes at best this season, their worst game was at the Etihad(but then again, who's had a good game visiting there?). Having Bayern twice and Liverpool at home in the FA Cup isn't gonna make things easier, but if Arsenal make it to April in a decent position, they'll still have a chance to win the league. It's not gonna be easy, but if anyone can navigate something like that, it's gotta be Wenger.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:01 am 
NET Veteran

Here's Arsenal's February/March by the way... no envy on this side I have to say. Massive task.
Obviously, advancing in either cup adds games to the ones that exist.

Jan 28
Southampton v. Arsenal

Feb 2
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

Feb 8
Liverpool v Arsenal

Feb 12
Arsenal v Manchester United

Feb 15/16
Arsenal v Liverpool
FA Cup 5th Round

Feb 19
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)

Feb 22
Arsenal v Sunderland

Mar 1
Stoke City v Arsenal

Mar 8
Arsenal v Swansea City

Mar 11
Bayern Munich v Arsenal
UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)

Mar 15
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal

Mar 22
Chelsea v Arsenal

Mar 29
Arsenal v Manchester City

Apr 5
Everton v Arsenal

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Just to add on to Si's little Arsenal run down, should Arsenal or Swansea advance to the Quarterfinals of the FA Cup. Their match on March 8th will be postponed.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:50 pm 
NET Veteran

COYB

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:53 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Goals. Liverpool's got 'em.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Liverpool's counterattacks are absolutely deadly. This is hard to watch, lol.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

What a run out that was...

Studge may owe Suarez and Gerrard apologies.. but either way, what a performance

(and Arsenal muddled it!)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

Studge may owe Suarez and Gerrard apologies.. but either way, what a performance

Yeah, glad to see Coutinho have a big game today, he needs the confidence. When he, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez are all firing, we're unstoppable.

Flannagan is mannnn. Johnson is as good as gone, IMO. Nice to see Kelly back to fitness, too. I think we could use a CDM for cover, a pacey winger (Assaidi, anyone?) and some more fullback cover. None of which are immediately pressing. I expect us to be quiet this window. I think Salah was really it, and I'm fine with that. With Sturridge and Suarez in such fine form, we can just out-score our way to the CL next season.

Arse were probably lucky to nab the two points with a Desmond there. United fans will get false hope from beating one of the worst teams in the league again. To me, this league becomes a dogfight between City and Chelsea through the run-in.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm 
NET Veteran

To me, Arsenal gained 1 point, but everyone is reacting to the draw against a stingy Southampton side like it means Arsenal are gonna be relegated. It's pissing me off though that everyone is acting like this automatically means Arsenal are out of the title fight and seem to be acting like Chelsea and City will run the table. Everyone wants to act like they're invincible and are incapable of dropping points too. Who's to also say that this result won't pressure Wenger into pushing that Draxler deal into full throttle or even signing others? Don't act like Arsenal's out of the title race(when they're still technically 1st) with 4 months still to play, even with that upcoming schedule for the next 2 months.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
To me, Arsenal gained 1 point, but everyone is reacting to the draw against a stingy Southampton side like it means Arsenal are gonna be relegated. It's pissing me off though that everyone is acting like this automatically means Arsenal are out of the title fight and seem to be acting like Chelsea and City will run the table. Everyone wants to act like they're invincible and are incapable of dropping points too. Who's to also say that this result won't pressure Wenger into pushing that Draxler deal into full throttle or even signing others? Don't act like Arsenal's out of the title race(when they're still technically 1st) with 4 months still to play, even with that upcoming schedule for the next 2 months.

Uh...who's "everyone?"

Who are you talking to?

Lovely tackle by Flamini by the way

Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:27 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

Yeah, glad to see Coutinho have a big game today, he needs the confidence. When he, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez are all firing, we're unstoppable.

Flannagan is mannnn. Johnson is as good as gone, IMO. Nice to see Kelly back to fitness, too. I think we could use a CDM for cover, a pacey winger (Assaidi, anyone?) and some more fullback cover. None of which are immediately pressing. I expect us to be quiet this window. I think Salah was really it, and I'm fine with that. With Sturridge and Suarez in such fine form, we can just out-score our way to the CL next season.

Arse were probably lucky to nab the two points with a Desmond there. United fans will get false hope from beating one of the worst teams in the league again. To me, this league becomes a dogfight between City and Chelsea through the run-in.

So 6 points from United in one direction... 6 from Arsenal in the other

Who we closer to?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:54 pm 
* NET Starfish *

I'd have to say Arse, Simon. They will wilt like they always do, and it'll be another season sans trophies for them. United Will be lucky to finish 7th, I reckon. Sure, Mata will give them a wee bit of a boost, but ultimately, they'll get hammered by anyone in the top 6 because they just don't have the mids or defenders to compete with the bigger clubs. This will be a long road back for them.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 am 
* NET Starfish *

Konoplyanka?

I mean.....fair enough.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:37 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Konoplyanka?

I mean.....fair enough.

supposed to be a hell of a player... better than Salah by all accounts. This gives alternatives for Sterling (wow, what a player he's turning into!) and allows Coutinho to slot into the CAM role, which is the best for him and us.

After Sterling, we have Moses and Aspas, neither of which have helped us in the slightest.

Found this updated table this morning... We've had the biggest improvement on points this season. Based on relative fixtures (meaning if the fixtures upcoming for all teams play out like they did last year.. a stretch I know Gate) this is how it finishes...

Team Pl 12/13 13/14 P+/- Prj'ed
Man City 22 40 50 +10 88
Chelsea 22 41 49 +8 83
Arsenal 23 51 52 +1 74
Liverpool 23 34 46 +12 73
Man United 23 56 40 -16 73
Spurs 22 42 43 +1 73
Everton 23 39 42 +3 66

United would have to perfectly match their results from last year (which was near perfect in honesty) to equal Liverpool's fixtures (which include home games to City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and away to United)..

Such a massive improvement in one year. Well in BR

(Gate... this is all speculative... calm it)

Gate... direct comparison to last season (this does not reflect on who each team played last year verse this year, just a snapshot of points from 2013 to 2014... so there you go.. nice start to Arsenal's season. tough fixtures coming up, as we saw)

Team 2012/13 2013/14 +/- Prj'ed
Arsenal 37 52 +15 88
Chelsea 45 49 +7 81
Man City 51 48 +2 80
Spurs 41 43 +3 75
Liverpool 34 46 +12 73
Man United 56 40 -16 73

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:38 am 
NET Starter

#KONOPLYCATED

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:43 am 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
#KONOPLYCATED

christ... its taken its time isnt it...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 pm 
* NET Starfish *

If this one falls through, I want the board to sack Ian Ayre. He's pure shite, and has cost us a number of times when we were supposedly "In pole position" To sign several players. This guy can play well on the wing or in the middle, and would allow Coutinho to just romp in the middle of the park, also provide needed rest for guys like Henderson and Sterling. With Lucas out, I would have liked to have seen us bring in a holding mid on loan for cover, but I think we'll be alright.

Still, if this deal fizzles, Ayre is a Konoplywanka.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]