Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
He's baaaaaaaaack......

Great to see him running through the box again. He worked real well with Sturridge. Its easy to see what he brings back to the team.

Like to see Moses out wide instead of underneath... But such is the depth of the squad at the moment

This formation is working alright for now. I think when Johnson and Coutinho come back, it'll change. Coutinho will slot into the CAM role, Toure and Hendo to the bench with Enrique going back to Left-back and Moses coming to the left side of midfield, Gerrard sort of on the right with Lucas in the middle. Having guys like Henderson, Toure, Ibe, Sterling, Aspas, Alberto, etc. all able to come off the bench is a good thing. Squad is strengthening, and I'm sure we have our eye on some fresh talent for the January window.

Just thrilled about the Sturridge/Suarez partnership, they both look hungry and comfortable with eachother. Liked seeing Sakho settle in a bit more and look like the dominant center-back we needed. Onwards and upwards, YNWA.

We still need something more creative underneath. props to BR for going to a 3 back (and 2 wing back) system. I do like Henderson out there.

This is why I was so high on getting Ericksen. He would fill the role of the underneath CAM perfectly. It would be interesting to see Moses and Sturridge paired up top with Suarez underneath. I guess we will see. Crystal palace may give us the chance to be more free with our options.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:02 am 
* NET Starfish *

Yeah, the Palace match is one we should expect to win, however I don't want them taking any chances. Need the three points more than anything.

Hopefully the manchester clubs continue their recent run of form :D

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 am 
NET Veteran

6 games played, 2 points clear at the top, 8 consecutive EPL Away Wins, 9 straight wins overall, and all of this with Cazorla, Oxlade, Podolski, Walcott, and Rosicky on the injury list. Don't hate me but I'm starting to get my hopes up for this season.

And how about Serge Gnabry? 2 EPL starts and he gets his first Arsenal 1st team goal. He repaying Wenger's faith in him replacing the injured Walcott.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Yeah, the Palace match is one we should expect to win, however I don't want them taking any chances. Need the three points more than anything.

agreed... its a bit satisfying to see United fumble about early on. I mean Moyes has been nothing short of a thorn in Liverpool's side for a few years, and we all know the malcontent that comes with United. Sadly many of my United friends are discussing the possibility of SAF returning to save the side... Citys formula just isnt working. they will come around soon enough. Its a bit early to settle into whats-what in the table, but its hard to see where/how United make enough of a turn to be consistent enough to level up at the top.

We've go Palace, Newcastle (who are currently down 3 rip to Everton and the half time whistle hasnt even blown yet) then West Brom. Very nice run in before some top table opponents come up. hopefully Coutinho's fit and back by then.

Still thought we struggled with Sunderland, and again in the 2nd half. I dont mind Lucas sitting a match for the yellow, hopefully BRs new lineup will yield a more convincing defensive display (speaking of CMs, where da hell is Joe Allen at the moment?)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

agreed... its a bit satisfying to see United fumble about early on. I mean Moyes has been nothing short of a thorn in Liverpool's side for a few years, and we all know the malcontent that comes with United. Sadly many of my United friends are discussing the possibility of SAF returning to save the side... Citys formula just isnt working. they will come around soon enough. Its a bit early to settle into whats-what in the table, but its hard to see where/how United make enough of a turn to be consistent enough to level up at the top.

We've go Palace, Newcastle (who are currently down 3 rip to Everton and the half time whistle hasnt even blown yet) then West Brom. Very nice run in before some top table opponents come up. hopefully Coutinho's fit and back by then.

Still thought we struggled with Sunderland, and again in the 2nd half. I dont mind Lucas sitting a match for the yellow, hopefully BRs new lineup will yield a more convincing defensive display (speaking of CMs, where da hell is Joe Allen at the moment?)

Allen should be fit for Palace. I agree, wasn't too convincing against Sunderland, but a win's a win. The next three matches we should be winning, too. Good little run as you said to get the team up to snuff and survive with Coutinho out.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 am 
NET Starter

Just want to add Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea FC fan here so expect input !

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:57 am 
NET Veteran

Scottish_Hawk wrote:

thats unfortunate...

but welcome

give us a rundown of your thoughts on Chelsea at the moment. been a strange and tumultusous year already.

im assuming rangers are slowly moving their way back up the scottish league structure? are they two leagues now from a return to the SPL? (i think thats right... back in 2016.)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Rookie

Scottish_Hawk wrote:

How many more months do Sevco have left before they go bust again? Burning through a ton of cash right now just to win against part timers, board room issues and a terrible manager who is only still there due to his legendary status as a player.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:32 am 
* NET Starfish *

Agree on McCoist, he needs to go.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Not sure if anyone on here has heard this, I would be surprised if you haven't. But prior to the Arsenal-Napoli match, a contingent of Napoli supporters attacked a North London pie shop near the Emirates. The store is a popular prematch destination for Arsenal supporters and it's a shame to hear this happened. We've always heard about stupid incidents involving English club supporters and other European club supporters(for some reason it tends to be Italians) occurring, almost always happens when the English club is the visitors, I do remember hearing an incident involving Tottenham supporters and Lazio supporters a few years ago as well. I don't recall an completely unprovoked incident like this occurring in England.

Below is a video interview an Arsenal supporter did with the store owner about the incident.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 am 
NET Veteran

Anzhi-Spurs is a nice midweek tie, Hawkspur. Be interesting to see the lineup AVB throws out. (considering Anzhi may not even be able to throw out 11... what a mess. Take heed Monaco)

So now that the new pieces are starting to settle in at the "pride of North London".. who looks the part and who seems to be faltering?

I still wonder if Siggurdson and Holtby will ever find a consistent place on the squad. Soldado hasnt been anything terrific (atleast in PL play, outside of two pens). Is striker still an issue?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:09 am 
NET Starter

Uncle Si wrote:
Scottish_Hawk wrote:

thats unfortunate...

but welcome

give us a rundown of your thoughts on Chelsea at the moment. been a strange and tumultusous year already.

im assuming rangers are slowly moving their way back up the scottish league structure? are they two leagues now from a return to the SPL? (i think thats right... back in 2016.)

Regarding the Gers right now we are in league 1 if we win that we get into the scottish championship and then after that its the mainstage with the tic and all the others.

Regarding chelsea its been a bit of a sour affair I was a bit dissapointed they never managed to land a top striker in the transfer window ...I was really hoping on Rooney.

Its clear JM has been told by Roman to change the style of play but I think this is where it has backfired for us , we have too many lightweight silky midfield players there is no point in trying to emulate barca or another team for that matter. Jose should go back to 4-1-2-1-2 It was what worked best for him in his previous time at the bridge ...I do feel we need a bit of muscle in the middle of the park all we have really is Essien we need another solid midfield player and a top striker. Looking back I wish we took that 30M for David Luiz that we were offered.

...Oh and also PLAY JUAN FRICKIN MATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Anzhi-Spurs is a nice midweek tie, Hawkspur. Be interesting to see the lineup AVB throws out. (considering Anzhi may not even be able to throw out 11... what a mess. Take heed Monaco)

So now that the new pieces are starting to settle in at the "pride of North London".. who looks the part and who seems to be faltering?

I still wonder if Siggurdson and Holtby will ever find a consistent place on the squad. Soldado hasnt been anything terrific (atleast in PL play, outside of two pens). Is striker still an issue?

I have to take offense to using referring to Spurs as "The Pride of North London". They will never be that until they finish above Arsenal and become more successful than the Gunners.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 am 
* NET Starfish *

Spurs already up 2-0 in Russia. That's one hell of a squad they've put together there.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Spurs already up 2-0 in Russia. That's one hell of a squad they've put together there.

They've sold the one-man-team and bought a team. At the very least Spurs have upgraded 4 starters and strengthened the depth with the others.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:40 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

They've sold the one-man-team and bought a team. At the very least Spurs have upgraded 4 starters and strengthened the depth with the others.

No Soldado, Lamela starts and Ericksen now off the bench. Be interesting to watch AvB balance all these players with two domestic cup runs, league and Europa. Certainly has the talent

as a 'Pool fan it does sort of sting watching Spurs, as Soldado, Willian, Siggurdsen, Holtby, Ericksen and Lamela were all once highly sought after at Anfield.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

No Soldado, Lamela starts and Ericksen now off the bench. Be interesting to watch AvB balance all these players with two domestic cup runs, league and Europa. Certainly has the talent

as a 'Pool fan it does sort of sting watching Spurs, as Soldado, Willian, Siggurdsen, Holtby, Ericksen and Lamela were all once highly sought after at Anfield.

Willian went to Chelsea, remember?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:57 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

Willian went to Chelsea, remember?

Ha!

(i'd like to say I was being purposefully ironic... but i'm simply tired)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:15 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

Winning 2-0 against a team that's, kinda like them, a completely different squad to the one that was there last year. Anzhi's fire sale definitely changed things for them.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:33 am 
* NET Starfish *

Some intriguing matches this weekend. Spurs should beat West Ham, but I could see the hammers nicking a point. I'll be watching that United match, Sunderland look like they could beat a despondent United team that appears to be in a tailspin. I expect Liverpool to pummel Palace, but we know how that generally goes. I'll be happy with a win of any kind.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:39 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Some intriguing matches this weekend. Spurs should beat West Ham, but I could see the hammers nicking a point. I'll be watching that United match, Sunderland look like they could beat a despondent United team that appears to be in a tailspin. I expect Liverpool to pummel Palace, but we know how that generally goes. I'll be happy with a win of any kind.

Everton visiting the Emirates is a nice tilt as well....

more of a Champs league topic, but I found this article on Bayerns destruction of City pretty interesting...

http://deadspin.com/fc-bayern-fillet-city-how-the-worlds-best-team-is-get-1440647716

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:

more of a Champs league topic, but I found this article on Bayerns destruction of City pretty interesting...

http://deadspin.com/fc-bayern-fillet-city-how-the-worlds-best-team-is-get-1440647716

Bayern are formidable (still hold a huge grudge against them for choosing a game in which them losing would indirectly knock Spurs out of Europe to play about their only poor game if the past 3 years, though, so they'll always be useless twats to me).

City definitely have some weak spots. Here's hoping for a Manchester-free Champions League next season.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:26 am 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

Bayern are formidable (still hold a huge grudge against them for choosing a game in which them losing would indirectly knock Spurs out of Europe to play about their only poor game if the past 3 years, though, so they'll always be useless twats to me).

City definitely have some weak spots. Here's hoping for a Manchester-free Champions League next season.

Could happen. I think Moyes stays this season regardless, but I don't think he gets them in the top 4. As for City, they'll sack Pellegrini before christmas if this form continues, and bring in someone more competent, possibly enough to snatch the 4th CL spot.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:36 am 
NET Veteran

Things are looking pretty grim in the world of Glazer coach/managers.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

Could happen. I think Moyes stays this season regardless, but I don't think he gets them in the top 4. As for City, they'll sack Pellegrini before christmas if this form continues, and bring in someone more competent, possibly enough to snatch the 4th CL spot.

Bayern's strengths go far beyond simply exposing City's frailities. I can see a Manchester-free top 4, or atleast a United-free. City may have the resolve and talent to challenge. However, if City wane, then yes Pelligrini gets the sack.

Again with Bayern though.. only Dortmund have found a formula to play with them in a meaningful game (and that was without Goetze). The newly implemented philosophy Pep brings to them only makes them more dangerous. Really, it just adds to their flexibility. Mueller's goal was a perfect example of how the more technical "tika taka" passing can be fully utilized by their attackers. They simply overran City's midfield, which is supposed to be their strong point.

anyways, this is a PL thread. just amazed at the level of play of Bayern. They look far more dangerous than even Peps best Barca side, and to be honest are far stronger defending. the high press works better with the Germans more athletic and stronger players and the back line seems more comfortable even if isolated.

As desperate as I am for Liverpool to re-enter the CL (and feel they could play there), i have a hard time seeing them being anything more than "competitive" with the top 2 German sides

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:53 am 
NET Veteran

Great 1st half....time to get Aspas, Allen and Ibe off the mark

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 am 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
Great 1st half....time to get Aspas, Allen and Ibe off the mark

looking very good. these were the types of teams we struggled with in the past.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 am 
* NET Starfish *

What's happened to Spurs here?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:53 am 
* NET Starfish *

And Arse-nal squander two points at WBA! Joint top!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:44 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

I disagree, it wasn't 2 points squandered. Neither team were good today and a draw was probably the best result for both sides, you could say the international break came at the right time for Arsenal. That said, Lee Mason was as poor as Arsenal's first half was, he made some questionable decisions all around, to the point that I saw some jokes on twitter that he was gonna send off an Arsenal player for breathing on the opponent.

I suppose it was fitting that the Arsenal goal was scored by Wilshere after the week he's had, and the criticisms everyone was giving him at halftime.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:33 am 
NET Veteran

Southampton is 4th....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:06 am 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

I disagree, it wasn't 2 points squandered. Neither team were good today and a draw was probably the best result for both sides, you could say the international break came at the right time for Arsenal. That said, Lee Mason was as poor as Arsenal's first half was, he made some questionable decisions all around, to the point that I saw some jokes on twitter that he was gonna send off an Arsenal player for breathing on the opponent.

I suppose it was fitting that the Arsenal goal was scored by Wilshere after the week he's had, and the criticisms everyone was giving him at halftime.

breathed pretty hard on that final ball in the box and got away with it... Arsenal were fortunate to nic a point. WBA controlled massively long spells of that game and were unfortunate to not be up 3 goals by the time Wilshere got his goal (which by they way started with a break on the other end after a WBA player was fouled but no call given).

Its going to happen, and its going to happen away. but its a bit disingenuous to waive away WBA's efforts so brazenly and claim a draw was their best result.

Last edited by Uncle Si on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:01 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Look at who you're talking to, Simon.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

Ive done so good the last few weeks too... but WBA deserved the credit here (and the 3 points in my mind). Arsenal got a draw and should be happy, just as I was happy Liverpool pulled a point from Swansea despite being outplayed.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:42 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

Ive done so good the last few weeks too... but WBA deserved the credit here (and the 3 points in my mind). Arsenal got a draw and should be happy, just as I was happy Liverpool pulled a point from Swansea despite being outplayed.

Agreed. Also, that loss to So'ton doesn't look quite so bad given their present form, does it? Still lots of football to be played, but I can't help but be encouraged by the results and how we've played against teams that would have given us trouble last year.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
breathed pretty hard on that final ball in the box and got away with it... Arsenal were fortunate to nic a point. WBA controlled massively long spells of that game and were unfortunate to not be up 3 goals by the time Wilshere got his goal (which by they way started with a break on the other end after a WBA player was fouled but no call given).

Its going to happen, and its going to happen away. but its a bit disingenuous to waive away WBA's efforts so brazenly and claim a draw was their best result.

Don't get me wrong(you always seem to think so), I'm glad we got the draw after how poor we were in the first half. I just was pointing out that the referee screwed up on some key decisions, that one at the end involving Koscielny included, hell, I was shocked when no call was given. But you can not tell me that Mulumbu's challenge on Wilshere in I think it was the 75th minute, was clean, hell that challenge was eerily similar to the two by Koscielny earlier this season(vs Villa and Sunderland) that were called penalties.

And about that foul you claimed to have happened in the build up to Wilshere's goal. I went back and watched that highlight, that wasn't a foul, that looked like a jostling match between two players and Ozil came won out, hell it almost seems like the West Brom player actually tripped over the ball in the end, like he stepped on it and lost his balance.

I'm not taking anything away from West Brom, they played really well everywhere, except in attack, they had some good strikes, but what's gonna stand out is the two clear opportunities Anelka had, one he missed played and topped the ball badly, the other went just wide. Neither team had a lethal bite in attack and it hurt both teams, Arsenal mostly looked worn out and are probably among those that are overjoyed at the international break arriving.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:03 am 
NET Veteran

"Confirmed rupture in the rectum in training yesterday, about five weeks of feeling low."

Iago Aspas, Liverpool FC (tweeted today)

and.... GO!

(edit: its ok everyone, Aspas rectum is fine. apparently he mistyped "rectoris"; ie: thigh. i mean he's still out 5 weeks, but i think we all feel better for him)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 am 
* NET Starfish *

I hope Aspas comes back fighting. We need some good cover striking options, and aside from the first match of the season, he hasn't looked great.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:51 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
"Confirmed rupture in the rectum in training yesterday, about five weeks of feeling low."

Iago Aspas, Liverpool FC (tweeted today)

and.... GO!

(edit: its ok everyone, Aspas rectum is fine. apparently he mistyped "rectoris"; ie: thigh. i mean he's still out 5 weeks, but i think we all feel better for him)

Coutinho back for the Newcastle game... will be interesting if he starts and how we line up (stay with the 352 or back to a 433 so moses can stay on the field).

regardless of Aspas, this team STILL need a winger in the Jan window

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:36 am 
* NET Starfish *

Yeah, we really do. Arda Turan maybe?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:08 am 
NET Veteran

Scale of 1-10, how pathetic was the Norwich defense in that goal by Wilshere? 4 guys surrounded him and he waltzed through to get on the end of an amazing pass by Giroud.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 am 
NET Veteran

well Gate... we should know very soon what Arsenal really are. nothing to take away from Arsenal in dismantling Norwich (outside some poor defending again). But that looked like a training session. Norwich was very poor defensively, no pressure on the ball, massive gaps in their lanes and a complete lack of tackling and marking. Still, Arsenal had to score. Newcastle werent any better than the Canaries and Liverpool failed to take advantage of it.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal have benefitted from a "light" start to the season (both have played one of the top teams, although Southampton could/should count in that for Liverpool). Now Arsenal will hit a meaty (to say the least) portion of the schedule. How they come out on the other end could say alot of what they accomplish
Next 7 fixtures:

Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund Tue 22 Oct 19:45
Crystal Palace v Arsenal Sat 26 Oct 12:45
Arsenal v Chelsea Tue 29 Oct 19:45
Arsenal v Liverpool Sat 2 Nov 17:30
Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal Wed 6 Nov 19:45
Man Utd v Arsenal Sun 10 Nov 16:10
Arsenal v Southampton Sat 23 Nov 15:00

Liverpool meanwhile have an odd set of fixtures coming. Nothing like the run Arsenal must go on. But, Liverpool will play Arsenal, Everton, City, Chelsea and Spurs away before New Years (we have plenty of lesser fixtures mixed in). Those fixtures last year netted a total 4 points. will need more than that this time around to stay around 4th.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 am 
NET Veteran

Really strong bounce back from Arsenal today. Stormed out of the 2nd half gates and looked strong going forward for the most part in the half. Crystal Palace looked a lot better going forward from the 65th minute on, due to Arsenal going down to 10 men thanks to a somewhat questionable decision by Foy after a foul by Arteta. Szczesny made two amazing saves, one of which is easily a candidate for save of the week, due to it denying a potential goal of the week candidate, really showing his ability to be one of the best keepers in the Premier. And Palace came close a number of times before they got caught on the break with a very nice header by Ollie G.

About that red card on Arteta. We all know it was given because Arteta was the "last man", but when the contact occurs 40-50 yards from goal and the player in possession of the ball is clearly not the fastest guy on the pitch, should it really count as a last man rule? I know you guys will say it's a red card, but I find it kinda funny how Arteta was sent off for a last man foul 50 yards from the goal.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35 am 
NET Starter

Suarez. Name a better player in England, ill wait.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:21 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Suarez. Name a better player in England, ill wait.

great performance for the Reds today. Suarez was unplayable and the partnership with Sturridge and soon coutinho is beginning to really take form.

Gate... Its a red. Unfortunate maybe but think of all the teams who play high lines..

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:47 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Gate, shut up. It's a red every time, doesn't matter how far from goal you are or how fast the attacking player is.

Anyway, Suarez and Sturridge are unstoppable right now. Coutinho back next week for the Arse-nal match, he'll add another new dimension. HUGE match next week, could really make a statement with a result at the Emirates. Could go either way, really, they are the two best teams in England at the minute, the league standings are an accurate reflection of that.

Jammie bastards United again today, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Still, United are streets behind everyone else this year, will be lucky to finish in the top 6.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Gate, shut up. It's a red every time, doesn't matter how far from goal you are or how fast the attacking player is.

Anyway, Suarez and Sturridge are unstoppable right now. Coutinho back next week for the Arse-nal match, he'll add another new dimension. HUGE match next week, could really make a statement with a result at the Emirates. Could go either way, really, they are the two best teams in England at the minute, the league standings are an accurate reflection of that.

Jammie bastards United again today, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Still, United are streets behind everyone else this year, will be lucky to finish in the top 6.

I mean he did say a rather tepid performance to Crystal Palace was a "nice bounce back"...

Arsenal got three point. Outside of that not very convincing. Felt like they needed to answer questions but failed to do so.

I'm sure the wee will be different. Interested to see what their midweek lineup will be.

Gate, with Liverpool on the horizon what would you as a supporter prefer for the league cup tie? Full squad or reserves mixed in?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

I mean he did say a rather tepid performance to Crystal Palace was a "nice bounce back"...

Arsenal got three point. Outside of that not very convincing. Felt like they needed to answer questions but failed to do so.

I'm sure the wee will be different. Interested to see what their midweek lineup will be.

Gate, with Liverpool on the horizon what would you as a supporter prefer for the league cup tie? Full squad or reserves mixed in?

Let's be honest here, Palace is probably the most unlucky side in the EPL right now, they're really tough to play at Selhurst Park, mostly cause of those fans of theirs, and they come at you. Everyone thought this'd be a massacre, but they really hung with Arsenal for a long time. And you gotta give credit to the Gunners to, when Arteta was sent off(I'm still a bit baffled at that decision and so is Wenger), Arsenal could have sat back and defended for 25 minutes, but no they went at Crystal Palace and eventually got a 2nd thanks to a decent cross by Ramsey to Giroud. I like this new mindset Arsenal seem to have, like before if they were in that situation, everyone but Giroud would be back defending, now, they get the ball, they go forward and they try to get another goal.

As for Tuesday, I'd rather see a mix. Not like the match against West Brom where it was mostly young guns, I'm hoping some mostly experienced players get somewhat of a decent amount of playing time. I can't really see Mourinho putting out a really strong team, especially with the fact that they play Man City just two days prior, I think that plays into Arsenal's favor a bit, so probably a mixture of experience and youth will do just fine for me.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 am 
* NET Starfish *

Decent response, Gate. I watched the Aeteta foul again last night, and I just have to think that's gonna be a red card 9 times out of 10. Chamakh has position and a clear path to the goal, Arteta literally pulls him down in desperation. It's a red card per the rulebook. Might appear harsh, but the ref followed the rulebook in this situation. Arteta needs to shut up and get on with it.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Decent response, Gate. I watched the Aeteta foul again last night, and I just have to think that's gonna be a red card 9 times out of 10. Chamakh has position and a clear path to the goal, Arteta literally pulls him down in desperation. It's a red card per the rulebook. Might appear harsh, but the ref followed the rulebook in this situation. Arteta needs to shut up and get on with it.

Under what the rule says, yes it was a last man challenge, but it was in a position where some people are gonna question whether it's truly last man or not. Arteta's even under the same impression that I was(same with Wenger), even adding that he believes there was just as much contact from Chamakh on him as he had on Chamakh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]