Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:19 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
Peaches is a bit harsh.... But you have to see the early similarities in United's decline to mid table as Liverpool's was.

As for the Pool... Still a bit nervy bringing the likes of Sterling Wisdom and Alberto on to close out a match like that. Surely Sahko and Moses improve that option.

Also special shout to the much maligned Skrtel. Massive effort today


I'm just calling it like I see it, Simon. United will be worthless without a midfield. RVP has no service coming to him, and he's useless without it.

Agree about Skrtel, he was fantastic today. Moses and Sakho will definitely improve our options coming off the bench, and also when we get Allen back fit. Moses was at the match today, so it seems we're definitely getting him, which is great news.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Cue Gate any moment now..

Deserves the day. Arsenal were good enough. Spurs yet to click.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:17 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
Cue Gate any moment now..

Deserves the day. Arsenal were good enough. Spurs yet to click.


Yeah, I agree. Arsenal played some good football, and defended very well. Spurs need goalscorers. Can't rely on penalties to win you games every time. Spurs' build-up play was decent, but there was no sting to their game moving forward. Arsenal had pace and width moving forward, but they allowed way too much space in the center of the park.

Still, good result for Liverpool fans, we can enjoy league supremacy for at least the next two weeks, then a tricky match away to Swansea.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Uncle Si wrote:
Cue Gate any moment now..

Deserves the day. Arsenal were good enough. Spurs yet to click.


Lloris was fantastic today, which was fortunate, otherwise it could have been worse. Lamela showed promise when he came on. I think that today's performance was similar to many last season and shows why they felt the need to bring Eriksen in. Not enough creativity in and around the Arsenal box.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Good luck removing this massive smile on my face right now.

Oh and Al Jazeera sport(who Wenger is a soccer pundit for) is reporting that Mesut Ozil could be on the verge of signing with Arsenal before tomorrows deadline.

Oh and how could this day get any worse for Spurs fans, lose the North London Derby and then almost instantly afterwards Bale to Madrid is confirmed. You better hope your team gels faster than lightning otherwise this could turn into a real long season for Spurs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:07 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Bale to Madrid has been known for quite a while now, Gate. There's no way Ozil goes to Arsenal, stop dreaming. Arsenal played a nice match, don't get carried away. Twat.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Man Utd were crap today. Really, really crap.

But Liverpool fans booing Evra? Yes, how dare Patrice Evra be the victim of racial abuse. Deary me.

Chelsea's (Mourinho's) title.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:27 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Man Utd were crap today. Really, really crap.

But Liverpool fans booing Evra? Yes, how dare Patrice Evra be the victim of racial abuse. Deary me.

Chelsea's (Mourinho's) title.

Yes, Chelsea's title. And stop being a berk, Evra himself said that he didn't thin Suarez was racist. 'Negrito' is common slang in South America for 'little friend'. Suarez was just an arsehole with his application. Evra was booed for not just that, but also being instrumental in at least two Liverpool defeats over the last couple of years and for generally being a twat.

United are crap because they have no midfield. I REALLY hope that Moyes truly believes he doesn't have to make any signings. Delusional.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:31 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 403
Massive effort. It's early days but top of the table at any time feels good.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:37 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Massive effort. It's early days but top of the table at any time feels good.

Image


Exactly, mate. Two more matches against teams we should beat, then Suarez comes back in time to knock the scum out of the league cup. Bringing in two very good Center-backs and a quality wide player like Moses tomorrow can only help matters. Very pleased with the window on the whole. Suarez coming back and signing moses will allow Coutinho to move into his preferred position right behind the strikers. Chelsea are likely to win it all, but the remaining three CL positions are anybodies. United look shite, City look shaky under Pellegrini and Spurs need to learn to score. Should be a fascinating season.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
peachesenregalia wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Man Utd were crap today. Really, really crap.

But Liverpool fans booing Evra? Yes, how dare Patrice Evra be the victim of racial abuse. Deary me.

Chelsea's (Mourinho's) title.

Yes, Chelsea's title. And stop being a berk, Evra himself said that he didn't thin Suarez was racist. 'Negrito' is common slang in South America for 'little friend'. Suarez was just an arsehole with his application. Evra was booed for not just that, but also being instrumental in at least two Liverpool defeats over the last couple of years and for generally being a twat.

United are crap because they have no midfield. I REALLY hope that Moyes truly believes he doesn't have to make any signings. Delusional.



Whether he's a practising racist means very little. In many areas of Spain it's not considered unacceptable to make chimp noises at black people. Is it OK for them to do that over here? Of course not. He made a huge mistake and was rightly punished, albeit not as severely as he should've been. Then compounded the matter by publicly refusing to shake Evra's hand in the next meeting between the sides. Evra, to his credit, appeared willing to shake on it and move on. Imagine having the tenacity to be the victim of racism, eh?

And please don't be so naive to think Evra was booed because he was instrumental in two wins. Other players were much more instrumental (and are also, arguably, much more of a twat) and yet received no reaction from the home fans.

Such is the strange influence of Luis Suarez on this brilliant club. A man who has basically been the very definition of 'scum' for the last few years. And through sheer misplaced loyalty to him, the Reds fans have adopted an agenda against one of the victims of his pathetic existence. I assumed they'd drop it when he basically stuck two fingers up at the Kop End and wiped his arse on a Liverpool scarf, but I guess not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Did you seriously call Evra a "victim"?

Brilliant. And you can't figure why he's being booed....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Don't be such an arsehole, Rob.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Uncle Si wrote:
Did you seriously call Evra a "victim"?

Brilliant. And you can't figure why he's being booed....



Wait a minute...

Are you telling me he's NOT?

Good grief.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
John Barnes was a victim.

Wonder how flexible United fans sentiments were with Keane and Cantona.

Either way let's be fair here.. I don't believe Liverpool fans hold any illusions about Suarez.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:45 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Anyway...

Smart business from Liverpool today. Sakho will be immense at the back for us, and Llori provides quality cover and is an investment for the future. Victor Moses on loan is fantastic. Quality wide player who will score goals. Would like to see another striker brought in before the window closes, but I don't think we need to panic-buy at this stage. Two more matches without Suarez is it. Away to Swansea and then at home to So'ton. Will be disappointed if we don't get at least 4 points from those games.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
According to Sky Sports News, Ozil is in Germany filming a commercial but Arsenal are set to announce the signing at 6pm UK time.

Well I think Stoke made a big signing with Marko Aurnautovic. I've seen him play a couple times when I could watch the Bundesliga on TV and he's looked pretty good.

Also, Crystal Palace fans apparently want Heskey.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am
Posts: 736
Location: Van Buren, AR from Kent-Covington, WA
Gatehawk wrote:
According to Sky Sports News, Ozil is in Germany filming a commercial but Arsenal are set to announce the signing at 6pm UK time.

Well I think Stoke made a big signing with Marko Aurnautovic. I've seen him play a couple times when I could watch the Bundesliga on TV and he's looked pretty good.

Also, Crystal Palace fans apparently want Heskey.


Emile Heskey. The man. The myth. The Legend. :lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
McG wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
According to Sky Sports News, Ozil is in Germany filming a commercial but Arsenal are set to announce the signing at 6pm UK time.

Well I think Stoke made a big signing with Marko Aurnautovic. I've seen him play a couple times when I could watch the Bundesliga on TV and he's looked pretty good.

Also, Crystal Palace fans apparently want Heskey.


Emile Heskey. The man. The myth. The Legend. :lol:



LOL. Is Heskey still alive?

Anyway, there's apparently a lot of tension surrounding this Ozil deal, Gate. The 6pm timeframe came and went and some sources are saying that talks have reached a standstill. Still, 42 million for a CAM who can't break into the RM first team is a bit much, also considering it's not an area of need for the Gooners. THey need a striker or two, plain and simple. There's talk of them bringing in Demba Ba, but I'm not sure he's the type they need.

United continue to look like clowns, chasing Fellaini. Granted, they could use a proper midfielder, but there's also a reason the likes of City and CHelsea don't want him. He's pretty much a one-trick pony in the middle. Still, berter than what they have, but it looks like they'll have to pay way over the odds for him. Also, 36 mil Euro for Herrera? LOL @ Moyes first window in charge. United lucky to finish 6th.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
I like the Oil signing. Shows intent. But a hefty price for a player who doest necessarily fill a desperate need (outside the clamoring of fans)

Would love to see Liverpool bring in one more attacker. Think we are done but....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:32 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
I like the Oil signing. Shows intent. But a hefty price for a player who doest necessarily fill a desperate need (outside the clamoring of fans)

Would love to see Liverpool bring in one more attacker. Think we are done but....


We've been linked with a move for Mata all day, but apparently PSG have swooped in with a bag of cash. SUPPOSEDLY, Demba Ba has turned down moves to both Spurs AND Arsenal, but is ready to sign with 'another Premier League team'. Could get interesting here this next few hours.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:41 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
According to Skysports, Arsenal have now ended their interest in Demba Ba.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
What I've heard is that there is no stand still. Ozil to Arsenal is still being completed and should be done and dusted before the deadline and it's reported that the offer is a 5 year deal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Fellaini hands in a transfer request. Supposedly United's proposed deal for Ander Herrera has hit 'beaurocratic problems' and might not go through. What the hell have United been doing all summer? Clowns.

Still no word on Ozil, gate. Has to be getting a bit nervy now, with just over an hour to go before the window shuts?

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
peachesenregalia wrote:
Fellaini hands in a transfer request. Supposedly United's proposed deal for Ander Herrera has hit 'beaurocratic problems' and might not go through. What the hell have United been doing all summer? Clowns.

Still no word on Ozil, gate. Has to be getting a bit nervy now, with just over an hour to go before the window shuts?


rumours on the interweb and the pundits at ESPN is that Ozil is hoping for United


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:57 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Fellaini hands in a transfer request. Supposedly United's proposed deal for Ander Herrera has hit 'beaurocratic problems' and might not go through. What the hell have United been doing all summer? Clowns.

Still no word on Ozil, gate. Has to be getting a bit nervy now, with just over an hour to go before the window shuts?


rumours on the interweb and the pundits at ESPN is that Ozil is hoping for United


Would make more sense than Arsenal, to be honest. United have absolutely zero creativity in their midfield. Not sure Herrera would make it in the PL, but Ozil would be a decent signing. Still, United have been absolutely atrocious in this window, wouldn't have happened under Ferguson.

I'm just not sure about Fellaini. Seems like United will have to pay over 20 mil for him, and I don't think he's worth close to that, but then again, Liverpool have been paying way over the odds for overrated players the past few seasons, so...

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
rumours on the interweb and the pundits at ESPN is that Ozil is hoping for United


Not sure where you're getting those rumors. I haven't seen anything involving United aside from Harrera and Fellaini.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:10 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Guillem Balague says Manchester United’s deal for Ander Herrera is “completely dead”. It has fallen through despite United officials turning up at Liga offices earlier trying to push it through. The Guardian are slamming United on their live feed: “This is ridiculous. What’s become of Manchester United’s professionalism? Sounds shambolic.”

LOL.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Sky Sports has just reported that Mesut Ozil has confirmed in a statement that he is heading to Arsenal.

Edit: Sky Sports has announced Arsenal have signed Ozil


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Ozil. WHAT a signing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
Sky Sports has just reported that Mesut Ozil has confirmed in a statement that he is heading to Arsenal.

Edit: Sky Sports has announced Arsenal have signed Ozil


Just saw that myself I think he'll be a good signing. If they really DID pay 42 mil for him, then that's about 15 mil too much, in my opinion. 40+ million pound players don't sit on the bench, even at Real. Still, he'll be creative going forward, but as far as I can tell, Arsenal don't lack for creativity going forward, it's an out-and-out striker they need, and some defensive steel. Should have enough to finish around 4th or 5th, though, you would think.

I can't see Man United breaking into the top 4 this season with that squad, I just can't. So thin at the back, lacking any semblence of a midfield and having a disgruntled Rooney to pair with RVP up front. RVP will get goals, but will that be enough? I highly doubt it, not with the major improvements Liverpool and Spurs have made to their squads, and with Chelsea and City boasting major depth at almost every position.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
I'll be surprised beyond belief if people still criticize Wenger and want him out if this signing pays off massively.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:35 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Ozil. WHAT a signing.


You said the same thing about Giroud last season, Rob, and while he's been decent, he hasn't blown anyone away by any means. I'll wait and see how Ozil fits into that squad and how he adapts to the pace and physicality of the English game before I say much on it. On the surface, it seems a like a good strong signing for Arsenal.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
I'll be surprised beyond belief if people still criticize Wenger and want him out if this signing pays off massively.


If the results don't come, then people will have every right to criticize him. This is still a 'panic-buy', given that it's not really an area of need for Arsenal. Seems to have been more about showing fans that they'll spend some money than anything else.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Man Utd should've been all over Ozil. What are they doing??

Peaches - Giroud looks exceptional so far this season - 4 goals in 5. Could've just been a case of settling in, plus he's not had a guy like Ozil playing alongside him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Man Utd should've been all over Ozil. What are they doing??

Peaches - Giroud looks exceptional so far this season - 4 goals in 5. Could've just been a case of settling in, plus he's not had a guy like Ozil playing alongside him.


That's a fair say. Just feel like Arsenal could have used a goal-poacher this window. Still, Wenger always finds a way to keep Arsenal there or thereabouts.

Yeah, United are an absolute joke at the minute. They've had at least 5 offers turned down this summer and have failed to sign anyone. Moyes will be out before christmas at this rate. Suppose that would set up the premise for 'The Damned United 2'.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Well, window officially shuts and United have signed no-one, despite having desperate need at right-back, central midfield, Center-back and Left wing. Incomprehensible.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Apparently the main reason for Ozil signing with Arsenal was because of who the Gunners manager is.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Well, that and 45.5 mil (figure being reported by SkySports). Interesting discussion in ESPN about whether or not Ozil fills a need for Arsenal. Have to say I agree, they already have plenty of creative midfielders, what they needed was a goalscorer. They went after Higuain and Suarez and didn't get them, and in my opinion have not addressed that need with the signing of Ozil.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Well, that and 45.5 mil (figure being reported by SkySports). Interesting discussion in ESPN about whether or not Ozil fills a need for Arsenal. Have to say I agree, they already have plenty of creative midfielders, what they needed was a goalscorer. They went after Higuain and Suarez and didn't get them, and in my opinion have not addressed that need with the signing of Ozil.


However Ozil will help take some burden off Cazorla and Giroud is playing very well so far this season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm
Posts: 173
Ozil is some signing for Arsenal, arguably best of the window. Still think they could have done with another striker though.

Liverpool made some impressive signings and should do well this year...however, it's Liverpool. As has been the case over the last 20 years, I expect them to fall apart at some point/go on a terrible run when no one expects it. Probably when Suarez comes back.

What has happened to Man Utd? They needed at least 4/5 players.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:28 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Well, that and 45.5 mil (figure being reported by SkySports). Interesting discussion in ESPN about whether or not Ozil fills a need for Arsenal. Have to say I agree, they already have plenty of creative midfielders, what they needed was a goalscorer. They went after Higuain and Suarez and didn't get them, and in my opinion have not addressed that need with the signing of Ozil.


However Ozil will help take some burden off Cazorla and Giroud is playing very well so far this season.


Yeah, I know I sound like I'm knocking this signing, I guess I'm just trying to see the sense in investing 45.5 million quid in a guy to 'help take the burden' off other players. That's the kind of money you spend on someone who will win you games on their own. He's a very good player, Gate, and he'll help Arsenal going forward for sure, I just want to wait and see.

Fellaini to United for 27.5 million pounds. What a joke. Fellaini wouldn't make the squad at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or City. How the mighty have fallen.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
peachesenregalia wrote:
Yeah, I know I sound like I'm knocking this signing, I guess I'm just trying to see the sense in investing 45.5 million quid in a guy to 'help take the burden' off other players. That's the kind of money you spend on someone who will win you games on their own. He's a very good player, Gate, and he'll help Arsenal going forward for sure, I just want to wait and see.

Fellaini to United for 27.5 million pounds. What a joke. Fellaini wouldn't make the squad at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or City. How the mighty have fallen.


Quick question. Didn't Fellaini have a release clause that was worth 24 million which expired at the beginning of August? If so, why did United decide to wait till the absolute last second to pay 3.5 million more for him? It's baffling. It's also funny how many midfielders United went through before they settled for him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am
Posts: 403
Good on Arsenal for spending some money, although I think they could have addressed other needs but whatever. I really like Liverpool to make top 4 this year if we can keep our current form.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
I'd say Arsenal and Liverpool had the most successful deadline day. The panic button was definitely smashed by Man United. I was definitely surprised by Lukaku going to Everton on loan and not to West Brom.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Yeah, I know I sound like I'm knocking this signing, I guess I'm just trying to see the sense in investing 45.5 million quid in a guy to 'help take the burden' off other players. That's the kind of money you spend on someone who will win you games on their own. He's a very good player, Gate, and he'll help Arsenal going forward for sure, I just want to wait and see.

Fellaini to United for 27.5 million pounds. What a joke. Fellaini wouldn't make the squad at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or City. How the mighty have fallen.


Quick question. Didn't Fellaini have a release clause that was worth 24 million which expired at the beginning of August? If so, why did United decide to wait till the absolute last second to pay 3.5 million more for him? It's baffling. It's also funny how many midfielders United went through before they settled for him.


You're 100% correct. Moyes doing terrible business and making shocking squad decisions. Why Kagawa isn't being played is baffling me.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
I'd say Arsenal and Liverpool had the most successful deadline day. The panic button was definitely smashed by Man United. I was definitely surprised by Lukaku going to Everton on loan and not to West Brom.


Ozil is a good player...but are you really satisfied with 44 mill on an attacking mid given their need for a striker and defenders. They seemed hell bent on spending cash which seemed a bit desperate. Interested to see how it works out. Obviously he adds a lot to the attack.

Thought Everton recovered well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Ozil? Didn't see that coming! Wenger should get the fans off his back with that move. Not, perhaps, their most prsssing need but you'd have to think he'll make them better.

It's going to be a good season. 6 teams that have legitimate hopes of making the top 4. I think Chelsea is the only one who's pretty much assured of making it. United fans must be more than a tad concerned about their future. Should have gone all in for Mourinho.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
No Coentrao deal for United either. And they had an offer for Khedira turned down on Deadline day. I think some serious questions need be asked there, what with the Herrera debacle and then paying 4.5 million more for Fellaini than they had to.

Anyway, Everton definitely improved with the signings of Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku. I'll be interested to see what Martinez is able to do with them.

Also, I hate international breaks.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
I'd say Arsenal and Liverpool had the most successful deadline day. The panic button was definitely smashed by Man United. I was definitely surprised by Lukaku going to Everton on loan and not to West Brom.


Ozil is a good player...but are you really satisfied with 44 mill on an attacking mid given their need for a striker and defenders. They seemed hell bent on spending cash which seemed a bit desperate. Interested to see how it works out. Obviously he adds a lot to the attack.

Thought Everton recovered well.


I forgot about Everton when I said that, and I was only referring to final day. Had Arsenal made some more moves it would've been better, but Arteta and Vermaelen do appear set to return after the break, so if they can stay healthy then Arsenal should make it January. Signing Ozil is much more of a good decision because of his versatility, he's able to be played either in the midfield or even on the attacking wings, meaning he can be played where on that left side that's short on options. They went big for 1 signing, but if people still complain about Arsenal not spending after this, then I don't know what those morons would want. Wenger basically killed 2 birds with one stone in the Ozil move, he splashed the cash and bought a clear cut world class player.

If you want to talk about desperate spending then United fits that bill to a T.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Msfann and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.