2013-14 EPL Season

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Gate... 4th is locked up and 3rd is a real possibility.

Given all of Arsenal's injuries, a 3rd place finish and FA cup trophy would be Arsenal's best season in a quite long time.

Thoughts?

Actually 3rd is out of the question as Arsenal not only needs to win and Chelsea to lose but also to make up an 18 goal difference(those 4 away results obviously being the prime culprit for it). But honestly it still will be Arsenal's best season in a while. While 4th is not anything to be overjoyed with, 76 points is already their best points haul since 07-08, so there is an improvement. Winning the FA Cup will be massive, as it can give the players the motivation to go forward to more trophies. Also, I do agree with Wenger that they don't need too many changes(the most important thing at the moment is to get Sagna to sign a new deal) over the summer to turn this team into a true title contender.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 1:40 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0kk11PnWo[/youtube]

Lots to be proud of...

You're like a child. I'm sure your manc friends are as bitter as you. Your 9er friends too.

I will spare the board the barrage of imagery and songs from your friends regarding Hillsborough, the racist chants emanating from old Trafford in the past or the multitude of examples that live in today.

You're just not worth it. I'll just assume you're one of them.

I notice you don't condemn the behaviour just try and justify it. Never your fault is it?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 3:23 am
  • I notice UK you're not much of a reader. Been condemned earlier in the thread. See this isn't his first attempt. To be honest its pretty low to paint a fan base with the actions of a handful. I think Liverpool fans to be the best in the world. Very much akin to Seahawk fans. Like all their are a handful of idiots. This thread has shown me there are some poor Seahawks fans as well. But its quite apparent you and he can't control your bitterness. 9er fan behavior indeed.

You're smart enough to know the awful histories of some fans in every club in the world. I think you are. He's naive enough to paste pictures of one clubs disgraceful fans as if the Internet's not full of similar for his own club. A couple of really nice videos of united fans singing about Hillsborough just back in march. Should I post them? Is this the spirit of the thread? Should we run down a history of the violence of the hooligan era and the difficulty in trying to eradicate it from the stands or work done by both Liverpool and United. Maybe post a Danny Dwyer video?

Fairly disgraceful on your part to keep referencing some of the disgusting Hillsborough chants in this thread.

I guess that's who you are. Well done. Chickens and all that. I'm over you. You're so bitter about Liverpool you've done it all on a handful of people on seahawks board. You lost it UK. As did your boy. Took the fun right out of it. You winner you.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 4:29 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Gate... 4th is locked up and 3rd is a real possibility.

Given all of Arsenal's injuries, a 3rd place finish and FA cup trophy would be Arsenal's best season in a quite long time.

Thoughts?

Actually 3rd is out of the question as Arsenal not only needs to win and Chelsea to lose but also to make up an 18 goal difference(those 4 away results obviously being the prime culprit for it). But honestly it still will be Arsenal's best season in a while. While 4th is not anything to be overjoyed with, 76 points is already their best points haul since 07-08, so there is an improvement. Winning the FA Cup will be massive, as it can give the players the motivation to go forward to more trophies. Also, I do agree with Wenger that they don't need too many changes(the most important thing at the moment is to get Sagna to sign a new deal) over the summer to turn this team into a true title contender.

I didn't know they were locked into 4th...as much as hell as I've given you this year your squad was hit incredibly hard by injuries, and right in the middle of that gauntlet of tough fixtures in the early Spring. I wonder what better luck would have brought you.

A striker has to be a priority doesn't it? Not to replace but support Giroud?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 4:55 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:I notice UK you're not much of a reader. Been condemned earlier in the thread. See this isn't his first attempt. To be honest its pretty low to paint a fan base with the actions of a handful. I think Liverpool fans to be the best in the world. Very much akin to Seahawk fans. Like all their are a handful of idiots. This thread has shown me there are some poor Seahawks fans as well. But its quite apparent you and he can't control your bitterness. 9er fan behavior indeed.

You're smart enough to know the awful histories of some fans in every club in the world. I think you are. He's naive enough to paste pictures of one clubs disgraceful fans as if the Internet's not full of similar for his own club. A couple of really nice videos of united fans singing about Hillsborough just back in march. Should I post them? Is this the spirit of the thread? Should we run down a history of the violence of the hooligan era and the difficulty in trying to eradicate it from the stands or work done by both Liverpool and United. Maybe post a Danny Dwyer video?

Fairly disgraceful on your part to keep referencing some of the disgusting Hillsborough chants in this thread.

I guess that's who you are. Well done. Chickens and all that. I'm over you. You're so bitter about Liverpool you've done it all on a handful of people on seahawks board. You lost it UK. As did your boy. Took the fun right out of it. You winner you.

You and ISWT have been relentless in your vileness to a fellow Seahawk poster on this board just because he's an Arsenal fan. That's what started this off for me, YOUR behaviour. I personally couldn't care less about the EPL save for being a general fan of English football. I don't like Liverpool (the city is a dreadful place and the people are generally annoying) and their fans are largely idiots with entitlement syndrome based on a history from years ago (now where have I heard that before?).

Anfield is a shit tip, I've been and witnessed the behavior of "lovable scallies" around the ground intimidating away fans. It's very different from the portrayal of the club on FSN or whatever. There are only a handful of grounds I haven't been to across all the professional leagues and I have to say rarely have I felt so threatened or been as shocked at the poverty and menace that seems to soak through the pores of Liverpool.

Hillsborough is just a convenient excuse for Liverpool fans to avoid culpability for their own actions. It's like a minority person playing the race / religion card when they have been caught doing something wrong. I never even mentioned Hillsborough and yet you automatically went to that subject as if somehow it negates every debate about Liverpool FC and their own fans behaviour.

I'm not sure what the references to "my boy" and "lost it" are but keep trying.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 5:42 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:

For all of you who aren't getting what Uncle Si is so outraged about its UK Seahawks reference to a chant that goes like this:
    "Its never your Fault, Its never your fault - Always the victim , its never your fault"

This is hardly the "vile" chant that Uncle Si wants to think it is. It simply points out that Liverpool have plenty of bad stuff that they've done to be guilty of themselves. Problem with Liverpool Fans in the 80s was that they behaved like animals and then all of a sudden they started getting treated like animals. They terrorized every city they visited and caused unbelievable damage across both England and Europe. At the Heysel Liverpool tried to blame other English fans that had "infiltrated" their ranks on the deaths of the 39 Juve fans. Also they tried to say the Stadium was in "decrepit condition"This of course wasn't true as 14 Liverpool fans were convicted. Their violent behavior directly led to the introduction of fences around the Stadiums of England. The Fences played a large part in the Hillsborough deaths.

Liverpool FC rolls out the Hillborough thing every year as a huge PR campaign. By now its a huge part of the clubs marketing and makes massive profits for them. Its almost like Anfields annual Poppy day. It's become part of the clubs identity while Heysel and all they other bad shit their fans have done has been conveniently forgotten.

And that's why opposing fans sing that supposedly "vile" chant. Because nowadays modern Liverpool fans look back to the 80s and see that they were only victims - and those of us who were around then know that this is far from the truth.
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 5:42 am
  • vileness towards Gate? get a grip ffs. he gives as good as he gets, and we are all quick to play nice if it gets too heated. for my part i've apologized when its too much. i did to you as well.

you continue to toss in the "its never your fault" phrase. Either your ignorant, or playing on it. there was nothing automatic in me "going to it". grow up, or atleast remember what you're on about it. I dont take it personally, but denying it is just childish. For what its worth I'm quite aware of the clubs history in terms of violence and i'm not here to excuse it. but i dont really feel it necessary to apologize for some a-holes i've never met making crude comments about a plance crash 60 years ago. I typically just ignore ignorance. i'm not their father, neighbor, friend. they support the same football team I do. what happens between the small pockets of fans that each club have who use the game to support their violent, hateful behavior is nothing any of us can control outside of being honest and respectful supporters. but seabhac fancies googling pictures to illustrate some sort of point. Should I do the same? What if someone posts images of some white guys making racist chants? Am I a racist now too? is there a line for you two? atleast he seems to be actually caught up in it. you're just chasing the sirens and then lecturing the drivers in the accident. but, since you need "culpability" to somehow feel like you've won, for the record, i dont support disasters or those that do support disasters. its a football game. better?

Dont like Liverpool all you want mate. I'm not here to sell you a ticket. comparing me, ISWT, peaches to 9er fans, which you've done, or any idiot liverpool fan you ran across, because you've had some poor experiences in Liverpool is ridiculous. You know it. I've come across many Seahawk fans I wish I hadnt. Does that make you one of "them'? or me? Some of my friends got beat up at a Sounders game back in the 80s. Should I hate the Sounders fans now? were you there? Did you have a go at them? they were 13. Do you beat up kids? see the point.. should I be bitter at you until you apologize for them?

go find that entitlement in any of my posts. just because you know some scouse who play that card doesnt mean the other million+ Liverpool fans are leaning on their shoulders. and while the world is full of idiots, and some of them use sports, or a football team, as an outlet for their disgracefulness, doesnt mean those that enjoy the sport as it is are the same. I'd think you'd know this. Apparently you dont, or only when its convenient.

thats what's lost on you. Like i said, i'm done with it. the thread needs to move on. you and seabhac or whatever he is can go on all you want. I had nothing against you, and was interested in your support of Chesterfield and some of the lower level clubs and their players. Supporting this nonsense however has given me pause.

Been a great year to be a Liverpool supporter, a football supporter really, and a tough week as well. I dont deny that all fans of other top teams enjoyed it. But thats what sports are. One day we will all be on here moaning about the Seahawks blowing a game while 9er fans swim in the shack. you've tried to wind us up over it. atleast just admit it and move on.

but "never your fault" thought, right?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 5:50 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:I . Maybe post a Danny Dwyer video?

I am sure you mean Danny Dyer (D-Y-E-R)*
    Now I know where you get your information - Danny Dyers Football Factories LOL - You truly are hilarious. Have you ever actually been to Football game?

*Just like earlier you had to be corrected that its not Hillsboro its Hillsborough (H-I-L-L-S-B-O-R-O-U-G-H)
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 5:56 am
  • Seabhac wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:

Now I know where you get your information - Danny Dyers Football Factories LOL - You truly are hilarious. Have you ever actually been to Football game?

*Just like earlier you had to be corrected that its not Hillsboro its Hillsborough (H-I-L-L-S-B-O-R-O-U-G-H)

you dont do well with sarcasm do you kiddo. i'll fix my auto correct right away, teacher

you are what you are and no longer worth the trouble. been to more games than I can remember, worked many as well. you though, you're just a troll.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 6:09 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:

you dont do well with sarcasm do you kiddo. i'll fix my auto correct right away, teacher

you are what you are and no longer worth the trouble. been to more games than I can remember, worked many as well. you though, you're just a troll.

But have you ever actually been to Anfield? Just Asking?
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 6:28 am
  • nope, havent seen a match there. does that matter in some way? or are you "just asking"? I ask against my better judgement.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 am
  • Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.
    Tellin it like it is!
    Blueboy
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 am
  • Blueboy wrote:Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.

I forgot about you!

Really was a tremendous fight back. May have given Pulis the manager of the year award too. Palace has been a revelation these past months.

So whats the story with them heading into the summer? Can they spend and solidify (like a Swansea?)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Blueboy wrote:Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.

I forgot about you!

Really was a tremendous fight back. May have given Pulis the manager of the year award too. Palace has been a revelation these past months.

So whats the story with them heading into the summer? Can they spend and solidify (like a Swansea?)

One of the owners Steve Parish has said they are looking to bring in 4/5 quality signings and Pulis has apparently asked for 25M to spend.
    Not sure who they will target but I think they will look to bring Zaha back from Man Utd, also I could see them signing Steven N'zonzi from Stoke. Apart from that I think a left back and a striker in the mould of Cameron Jerome but someone who scores more regular, Troy Deeney maybe at Watford?
    I was really impressed with Gayle when he came on last night, hes a natural finisher and has bundles of pace, maybe he could play a bigger role next season.

It will be all about survival again next season for me though so not getting to carried away at the moment!
    Tellin it like it is!
    Blueboy
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 8:06 am
  • Blueboy wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Blueboy wrote:Great display by Palace yesterday, kept fighting till the end, well happy with the result.

I forgot about you!

One of the owners Steve Parish has said they are looking to bring in 4/5 quality signings and Pulis has apparently asked for 25M to spend.
    Not sure who they will target but I think they will look to bring Zaha back from Man Utd, also I could see them signing Steven N'zonzi from Stoke. Apart from that I think a left back and a striker in the mould of Cameron Jerome but someone who scores more regular, Troy Deeney maybe at Watford?
    I was really impressed with Gayle when he came on last night, hes a natural finisher and has bundles of pace, maybe he could play a bigger role next season.

It will be all about survival again next season for me though so not getting to carried away at the moment!

Some deep cup runs this year should point to a chance for atleast a Wembley trip?

either way, outside the improvement Liverpool has made and the drop in United I think Palace the story of the season. Exciting stuff.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 am
  • Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 8:41 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.

is that like Stockholm syndrome? or chlamdyia?

who is coming up btw? Leicester? Derby? who else?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.

Yup, all about survival again.
    Tellin it like it is!
    Blueboy
    NET Practice Squad

Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Palace will have to deal with second season syndrome before they get too excited.

is that like Stockholm syndrome? or chlamdyia?

who is coming up btw? Leicester? Derby? who else?

Teams that get promoted and do quite well in their first season at a level higher often struggle the season after that. Complacency, getting found out and the temptation to move on from the players that got you there can make a team really struggle.

Leicester, Burnley and one from Derby, QPR, Wigan and Brighton.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 08, 2014 9:07 pm
  • Derby won it's 1st leg against Brighton 2-1 today
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 6:54 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Derby won it's 1st leg against Brighton 2-1 today

Will Hughes of Derby is an apparent Liverpool target. Did you watch?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 8:04 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Derby won it's 1st leg against Brighton 2-1 today

Will Hughes of Derby is an apparent Liverpool target. Did you watch?

Nah, had to work. But I do know that he was subbed in towards the end.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 09, 2014 8:05 pm
  • QPR and Wigan played to a scoreless draw in their 1st leg match up.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 8:15 am
  • C'mon Rangers!
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat May 10, 2014 6:10 pm
  • Thank God this is almost over....
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Sat May 10, 2014 6:17 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Stunning Goal today - Goal of the season?

https://vine.co/v/Mg5wiZMbXav/embed/simple

Jesus
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 8:03 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Thank God this is almost over....

Is it ever over?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 am

Sun May 11, 2014 7:58 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:Stunning Goal today - Goal of the season?

https://vine.co/v/Mg5wiZMbXav/embed/simple

Can't think of a better piece if skill this season.

Individually, yeah can't argue. Rooney's or Shelvey's goals might come close to it.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 11, 2014 8:00 pm
  • How's this for a goal from Derby County's Will Hughes?

BTW, Derby won 4-1(6-2 on aggregate) to advance to the Championship final at Wembley.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:How's this for a goal from Derby County's Will Hughes?

BTW, Derby won 4-1(6-2 on aggregate) to advance to the Championship final at Wembley.

wow.... not bad.

Windows open.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 12, 2014 11:25 am
  • Is it next season yet?

oh wait...

WORLD CUP TIME!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm
  • Yet another season of mediocrity for Newcastle United...
    "Lord have mercy, it's Percy" Richard Sherman, Superbowl XLVIII
    MB12
    NET Rookie

Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 am
  • MB12 wrote:Yet another season of mediocrity for Newcastle United...

the manager head butted a player...

nothing mediocre about that.

I'd like to see Newcastle or Villa return threatening for 4-6th. It makes the league more enjoyable when those clubs are doing well.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Fri May 16, 2014 11:59 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    MB12 wrote:Yet another season of mediocrity for Newcastle United...

I'd like to see Newcastle or Villa return threatening for 4-6th. It makes the league more enjoyable when those clubs are doing well.

Ah the circus at Newcastle is normal, believe me ;) Not meaning to sound arrogant, but having 52,000 fans a week deserves a top 6 finish!
    MB12
    NET Rookie

Fri May 16, 2014 12:26 pm
  • MB12 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    MB12 wrote:Yet another season of mediocrity for Newcastle United...

Ah the circus at Newcastle is normal, believe me ;) Not meaning to sound arrogant, but having 52,000 fans a week deserves a top 6 finish!

I'd agree that fan base deserves something, alteast some deeper cup runs. selling your best player mid season without bringing in a replacement seemed defeatist.

is this punishment for allowing the movie Goal to feature Newcastle?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Fri May 16, 2014 9:43 pm
  • FA Cup final today, my confidence is sky high, but so is my nerves. We should beat Hull with ease, but we should've done it against Birmingham a few years back. I do feel Arsenal will win, but if the game stays scoreless into the 2nd half, I will become a nervous wreck and sweating buckets.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 17, 2014 4:31 am
  • Uncle Si:

Billionaire owner Mike Ashley is happy for survival each time as long as the club makes profits. He has no ambition, and hired Joe Kinnear as a scapegoat for the lack of signings and the failure to replace Cabaye. Alan Pardew is his puppet who is rumoured to be on very, very low wages--word is he owes Ashley gambling debts.

I loved Goal! What a film that was ;)
    MB12
    NET Rookie

Sat May 17, 2014 4:33 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:FA Cup final today, my confidence is sky high, but so is my nerves. We should beat Hull with ease, but we should've done it against Birmingham a few years back. I do feel Arsenal will win, but if the game stays scoreless into the 2nd half, I will become a nervous wreck and sweating buckets.

If you don't win prepare for the Wenger Out brigade to start making very loud noises!
    MB12
    NET Rookie

Sat May 17, 2014 8:49 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:FA Cup final today, my confidence is sky high, but so is my nerves. We should beat Hull with ease, but we should've done it against Birmingham a few years back. I do feel Arsenal will win, but if the game stays scoreless into the 2nd half, I will become a nervous wreck and sweating buckets.

Never easy is it Gate?

Still think its your game though. Carzolas goal steadied it.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 17, 2014 11:01 am
  • CAZORLA! KOSCIELNY! RAMBO! ARSENAL! I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVER! 9 LONG AGONIZING YEARS AND IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!

2014 FA CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 17, 2014 12:34 pm
  • Congrats to the Arsenal
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 19, 2014 9:17 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:CAZORLA! KOSCIELNY! RAMBO! ARSENAL! I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVER! 9 LONG AGONIZING YEARS AND IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!

2014 FA CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

9 years is nothing
    MB12
    NET Rookie

Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 pm
  • Okay End of Season Awards guys

Player of the Year - Luis Suarez

Had Ramsey not missed 3 months, I would've gone with him in less than a heartbeat, the guy scored so many massive goals(including the one that ended the drought, he'll never score a more monumental goal in his life). I went with Suarez since, honestly, he almost single handedly fired Liverpool to the EPL, Gerrard and Sturridge deserve credit as well. Suarez drove home 31 goals(tied the EPL record) and actually showed maturity for once in his life. I still don't have that much respect for him cause he still has those times where he goes to ground like he got shot.

Keeper of the Year - Wojciech Szczesny/Julian Speroni

Szczesny is the co-Golden Glove winner, made some massive saves over the season and can't really take much blame for those 4 away results. He doesn't get as much credit as he deserves, partly due to his chaotic decision making being a bit of a problem he can't seem to shake.

As for Speroni, he's as much the reason Crystal Palace stayed up and pulled off the shocks they caused as anyone on the Eagles. In my mind, some of the best saves this season were his doing and I doubt Palace would have even come close to staying up if it were anyone else in goal.

Breakout Player of the Year - Aaron Ramsey

As I said, if not for the fact that he missed 3 months due to injury, I would have picked Ramsey as my POTY. This time last year, a good majority of Arsenal fans wanted him gone, saw him as a liability and a waste of time. Now, he's gotta be the consensus best player Arsenal has after the year he has. Let me put this into perspective, he missed 3 months and still had 16 goals and 9 assists. When he was missing, Arsenal's form and performances started to wane, he was so important to Arsenal's season and one can only imagine where Arsenal would've finished if he had stayed fit the entire season.

Manager of the Year - Gus Poyet

Could of chose Tony Pulis, could've went with Brenden Rodgers. In the end I went with the guy who brought Sunderland out of the depths of relegation hell. Very few teams have survived being bottom of the EPL at Christmas, and the fact that Poyet took over a struggling Black Cats that was dead last for nearly half the season by the end really was remarkable. And while their form didn't improve until late in the season he still managed them to the Capital One Cup final and becoming the first team to win an EPL match at Stamford Bridge against a Mourinho-led Chelsea.

Game(s) Of The Season - Liverpool 3-2 Manchester City

Okay this game went batshit crazy if you ask me. At no point while watching this game did I feel that one side actually had complete control. Even after Kompany inadvertantly kicked the ball to Coutinho for the winning goal, I still thought there was more to this game. Every goal was remarkable and every moment was intense as can be. Unfortunately, a line mentioned by Gerrard in the celebrations ended up coming back to haunt the Reds in the end.

Goal of the Season - Jack Wilshere vs Norwich

Suarez scored some good goals, so did Shelvey, Rooney, Yaya Toure and Sturridge. But if you want the ultimate example of precision passing, communication and teamwork. Then that was done by Cazorla, Giroud and Wilshere. It was so perfectly executed that every Norwich player was effectively frozen to their spots, and after the ball hit the back of the net some players threw their arms up praying he was offsides because this goal seemed almost impossible to have happened, whether in real life or even a video game.

Quote of the Season - Almost anything that came out of Jose Mourinho's mouth

Who here thinks Mourinho should come with a mute button? Thoughout this season, it's almost felt like Jose didn't come back to Chelsea to win trophies but rather to piss off and annoy anyone who hears him talk. The idiotic remarks I've heard him say have been all over the place. Mocking Arsenal for not scoring at home vs Chelsea, who had parked the bus in that game, then a few weeks later criticized West Ham for using 19th century tactics, even though they were the exact same tactics he used against Arsenal(and Man U earlier). Calling his team a little horse in the title race and criticizing his own players. Blatantly criticizing referees every time something didn't go his way. And then my personal favorite now, calling Arsene Wenger a "Specialist In Failure" then watch Chelsea end the season with no trophies(and his home unbeaten run end) and Arsenal end their 9 year trophy drought. He's become the King of Fools.

So, what is everyone else's choices for these catagories?

Player of the Year (I have an idea who everyone will say for this one)
    Keeper of the Year
    Breakout Player of the Year
    Manager of the Year
    Game(s) Of The Season
    Goal of the Season
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 19, 2014 10:48 pm
  • I didn't see enough games to be able to make any properly informed judgments but will just add that surely-soon-to-be-ex Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris deserves to be mentioned in the goalkeeper of the year conversation. He had a thoroughly impressive season, asides from possibly a couple of games after he slammed his head into Lukaku's knee. He was very busy in a lot of games as our back 4 worked on their keystone cops routine on a weekly basis. No idea how Sczezny or Speroni looked, but Lloris would have to have been at least as good.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue May 20, 2014 12:05 am
  • Player of the Year - Yaya Toure
    Keeper of the Year - David Marshall
    Breakout Player of the Year - Ross Barkley
    Manager of the Year - Brendan Rogers
    Game Of The Season - Palace v Liverpool
    Goal of the Season -

UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 am
  • Player of the Year: Luis Suarez
    Keeper of the Year: Hugo Lloris
    Young Breakout Player: Ross Barkley/Raheem Sterling/Luke Shaw
    Manager: Rodgers/Poyet
    Match of the Year: Liverpool-City
    Goal of the Year: Suarez volley v. Norwich, Barkley v. City, Toure v. West Ham
    Newcomer of the year: Andre Schurre (Chelsea)
    Team of the Year:

GK: Lloris (Spurs)
    RB: Ivanovich (Chelsea)
    CB: Kocielny (Arsenal)
    CB: Cahill (Chelsea)
    LB: Shaw (Southampton)
    RM: Lallana (Southampton)
    CM: Toure (City)
    CM: Ramsey (Arsenal)
    LM: Hazard (Chelsea)
    STK: Suarez (Liverpool)
    STK: Sturridge (Liverpool)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue May 20, 2014 9:17 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Player of the Year: Luis Suarez
    Keeper of the Year: Hugo Lloris
    Young Breakout Player: Ross Barkley/Raheem Sterling/Luke Shaw
    Manager: Rodgers/Poyet
    Match of the Year: Liverpool-City
    Goal of the Year: Suarez volley v. Norwich, Barkley v. City, Toure v. West Ham
    Newcomer of the year: Andre Schurre (Chelsea)
    Team of the Year:

GK: Lloris (Spurs)
    RB: Ivanovich (Chelsea)
    CB: Kocielny (Arsenal)
    CB: Cahill (Chelsea)
    LB: Shaw (Southampton)
    RM: Lallana (Southampton)
    CM: Toure (City)
    CM: Ramsey (Arsenal)
    LM: Hazard (Chelsea)
    STK: Suarez (Liverpool)
    STK: Sturridge (Liverpool)

Looking at that team got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if there was a 4 team interleague all-star series featuring the best players from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information