2013-14 EPL Season

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
Thu May 01, 2014 4:01 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:Bwahaha haha ha hahahaha...lololololol...Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha haha

David Moyes statue unveiled outside Anfield in publicity stunt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z306vPDbU5

He who laughs last laughs longest!!!!

I dont get it...is Moyes laughing because he was fired? Or United laughing because they will finish 7th?

Whose laughing?

OK Let me explain it to you. It was funny because before the match the Liverpool fans thought the "Quest for 19" was a mere formality and that they would easily beat the Rent Boys. Then Stevie Me imploded and allowed the otherwise benign Demba Ba in to score the decisive goal. So....all the Liverpool fans were having a good laugh at Uniteds expense before the game, but after the game the laugh was on them - Thus "He who laughs last laughs longest"

Myself - I have had a smile on my face all week. :D
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 01, 2014 4:32 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

I dont get it...is Moyes laughing because he was fired? Or United laughing because they will finish 7th?

Whose laughing?

OK Let me explain it to you. It was funny because before the match the Liverpool fans thought the "Quest for 19" was a mere formality and that they would easily beat the Rent Boys. Then Stevie Me imploded and allowed the otherwise benign Demba Ba in to score the decisive goal. So....all the Liverpool fans were having a good laugh at Uniteds expense before the game, but after the game the laugh was on them - Thus "He who laughs last laughs longest"

Yeah, I suppose when you support a small mid-table club you have to find joy wherever you can get it.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu May 01, 2014 4:42 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Whose laughing?

Yeah, I suppose when you support a small mid-table club you have to find joy wherever you can get it.

At least we got some Silverware this year
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Thu May 01, 2014 6:53 pm
  • Season's not over yet, sweetheart.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu May 01, 2014 8:55 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Whose laughing?

Boy you are a sad one aren't you?

Always enjoyable to see that.

By the way...we are all still having a good laugh at United.

Clown
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 8:44 am
  • Nice to see Sunderland continue their great escape. Now c'mon City!
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat May 03, 2014 9:21 am
  • Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 03, 2014 9:51 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

I'm afraid we will need Villa or West ham to do the business at the Etihad. Tough task
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 10:31 am
  • First time in my life hoping for a City Win....
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am
  • Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

Great game with Sunderland...

You must be proud
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 2:16 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

Clutching at straws youth. Kompany got the ball.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 2:20 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

Talking out of your arse.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 03, 2014 2:47 pm
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

I agree with both of you
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 3:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

You must be proud

Our Season ended long ago....and no one on Uniteds squad wants to see John O'Shea and Wes Brown in the Championship next year.

Speaking of John O'Shea....one of my favorite goals ever was when John O'Shea Scored At Anfield Road in last minute and we were down to 10 men after Scholes was sent off by a foul against Alonso. We won the Premiership that year, largely because of that goal and win at the dustbin. Chelsea came in 2nd and Liverpool came in 3rd 21 points behind us. That year was 2007 and that was our 16th title.
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 03, 2014 4:32 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

You must be proud

Our Season ended long ago....and no one on Uniteds squad wants to see John O'Shea and Wes Brown in the Championship next year.

Speaking of John O'Shea....one of my favorite goals ever was when John O'Shea Scored At Anfield Road in last minute and we were down to 10 men after Scholes was sent off by a foul against Alonso. We won the Premiership that year, largely because of that goal and win at the dustbin. Chelsea came in 2nd and Liverpool came in 3rd 21 points behind us. That year was 2007 and that was our 16th title.

Glory days....you my friend may be a Liverpool fan after all...
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 10:57 pm
  • At least Barkley got the 5th top play on Sports Center. That was a fantastic goal.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 4:28 am
    UK_Seahawk wrote:

You need to stop looking through your red tinted glasses as it's making you look like a twat.

You sound like a Whiner chiming on about what might have been.

Liverpool are the 49ers of the EPL.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 4:45 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:

You need to stop looking through your red tinted glasses as it's making you look like a twat.

You sound like a Whiner chiming on about what might have been.

Liverpool are the 49ers of the EPL.

And you're the douche of the thread.

Yeah for you.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 5:14 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

I'd be bitter and upset if my team had choked too. Go to the webzone and learn how to deal with it like they do.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

I'd be bitter and upset if my team had choked too. Go to the webzone and learn how to deal with it like they do.

Neither really..hell of a season thus far. just think you're on a wind up and an arrogant douche for doing..much like those 9er fans you enjoy talking about.

Might be you whos on the wrong board their sporto
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

Neither really..hell of a season thus far. just think you're on a wind up and an arrogant douche for doing..much like those 9er fans you enjoy talking about.

Might be you whos on the wrong board their sporto

You and that other Scouse wannabe give all types of shit to that Arsenal fan but when you get a bit back you accuse people of being arrogant, on a wind up or that they are talking out of their arse.

The hypocrisy, hard luck stories and undeserved entitlement based on achievements from years ago is very much the MO of a whiner fan. It's typical Scouser behaviour also. Never your fault is it?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 10:16 am
  • Thanks for the sit down dad. Your bitterness is pretty funny. Classy throwing in the Hillsborough reference at the end. Its like you emerged from webzones ooze. Lost on you though isn't?

Go find us the hardluck stories, entitlement or hypocrisy in the thread from Liverpool fans UK. Go on...

Nope UK.you win the thread by losing. Wannabes eh? That make you a wannabes Hawks fan? Sounders too?

Laughable if it wasn't sad
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 am
  • Can someone explain to me why the schedule makers don't have the top teams playing each other on the final day? It's not like they don't have a pretty good idea who the top 6-8 teams are going to be every year.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Can someone explain to me why the schedule makers don't have the top teams playing each other on the final day? It's not like they don't have a pretty good idea who the top 6-8 teams are going to be every year.

I really dont know how they do it but its a good point. Some teams have had some legitimate scheduling complaints this season. Arsenal ran a gauntlet through March, and now Norwich is basically playing the entire top 6 straight through while trying to avoid relegation. I mean in the end its all the same but there does seem to lack balance in some teams portions of their schedules
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 5:06 am
  • Gate... 4th is locked up and 3rd is a real possibility.

Given all of Arsenal's injuries, a 3rd place finish and FA cup trophy would be Arsenal's best season in a quite long time.

Thoughts?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 6:11 am
  • This is the amazing thing about Arsenal every year it seems like. No matter how bleak things look throughout the season, they always manage to turn it around in the end and finish comfortably in the CL spots. If they win the FA cup and finish ahead of Chelsea, it'll be a big boost for them.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 05, 2014 6:43 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:This is the amazing thing about Arsenal every year it seems like. No matter how bleak things look throughout the season, they always manage to turn it around in the end and finish comfortably in the CL spots. If they win the FA cup and finish ahead of Chelsea, it'll be a big boost for them.

Success in the Prem is not how you do at the top half of the table but what you get from the bottom. Wenger (and Ferguson as well) were experts at that. Arsenal could get as high as 3rd while getting only 17 of 42 points from Chelsea, City, Spurs (all 6), Liverpool, Everton, United and Southampton. Thats working the table well to be fair to Wenger.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm
  • Holy Hell, what a match this turned out to be.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon May 05, 2014 12:49 pm
  • Go on Palace...get in there!
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 1:01 pm
  • Jesus Christ on a bike that was hard to watch...

Whatever though...palace is some squad
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Sherman knows.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 1:49 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Jesus Christ on a bike that was hard to watch...

Whatever though...palace is some squad

As an unbiased spectator I thought the last 20 minutes were highly entertaining.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon May 05, 2014 1:50 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Image

Sherman knows.

Where were you during our 11 game win streak? Pretty easy to come out of your hole and jump on the hate train.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon May 05, 2014 1:59 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Image

Sherman knows.

Where were you during our 11 game win streak? Pretty easy to come out of your hole and jump on the hate train.

I was watching you counting your chickens.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 2:01 pm
  • Not much to say ISWT...going to have to hear it for awhile.

Come on Villa I guess
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Not much to say ISWT...going to have to hear it for awhile.

Come on Villa I guess

United are 20 something points behind us. Spurs we beat 9-0; and we are top of the league from 7th. Yet, people are trying to laugh at us.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon May 05, 2014 2:39 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Not much to say ISWT...going to have to hear it for awhile.

Come on Villa I guess

United are 20 something points behind us. Spurs we beat 9-0; and we are top of the league from 7th. Yet, people are trying to laugh at us.

Just some bitter 9er-esque fans. Chickens or some nonsense. Today sucked though

Been an outstanding season. Let's hope for a grand final day.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Mon May 05, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 2:40 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 2:43 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 pm
  • Hmmm pictures from the 80s...do you really want to get into a contest of awful fan behavior? Or revisit your own Hillsborough comments? Such a troll
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Hmmm pictures from the 80s...do you really want to get into a contest of awful fan behavior? Or revisit your own Hillsborough comments? Such a troll

Bin Dipper
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Hmmm pictures from the 80s...do you really want to get into a contest of awful fan behavior? Or revisit your own Hillsborough comments? Such a troll

Bin Dipper

Classy to the end
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 3:25 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:26 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:28 pm
  • Keep working troll. 9er fan. I'll go to Google later.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 3:30 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 pm
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:40 pm
  • Scum Liverpool fans like to have a good laugh at the deaths of young footballers .....
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 3:51 pm
  • [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0kk11PnWo[/youtube]

Lots to be proud of...
    Seabhac
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 05, 2014 5:39 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0kk11PnWo[/youtube]

Lots to be proud of...

You're like a child. I'm sure your manc friends are as bitter as you. Your 9er friends too.

I will spare the board the barrage of imagery and songs from your friends regarding Hillsborough, the racist chants emanating from old Trafford in the past or the multitude of examples that live in today.

You're just not worth it. I'll just assume you're one of them.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information