A-Rod to be banned from baseball for life?

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm not complaining but for those that feel Goodell is heavy handed, baseball may be late to the party but, when they show up, you know it.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
As long as the Yankees don't somehow get out from under paying his contract I am fine with it.

The Radish

Reaction score
After all the people they've let by with a slap or minimum suspension they're going after a lifetime ban from one of the games biggest stars?

That would be typical stupidity from MLB

:les:

nategreat

Reaction score
bigtrain21":flsdtdvw said:
As long as the Yankees don't somehow get out from under paying his contract I am fine with it.

Oh, they will. It's the Yankees. They get special treatment.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The Radish":kkdqwd49 said:
After all the people they've let by with a slap or minimum suspension they're going after a lifetime ban from one of the games biggest stars?

agreed, this is so inconsistent and stupid its just mind boggling. Ryan Braun gets the rest of the season and arod gets a lifetime ban?

m0ng0

Reaction score
arod has never been suspended in his entire career for PED's and this is ok? you people scare me

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Was not the catcher we received from the NYY also implicated with a whole bunch of other players?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Baseball has glamorized cheating forever, stealling signs, spitballs all that crap. It's funny how high and mighty they get when it comes to steroids. I don't see MLB giving back all the money they made off of the steroid era. Now they are making an example of A-Rod, at the end of his career, after he's tucked away what? 500 million in salary? I'm sure thats really going to hurt him.

What an inept league.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
m0ng0":2brk522p said:
arod has never been suspended in his entire career for PED's and this is ok? you people scare me

He admitted to using steroids while he was a member of the Texas Rangers so he is not completely innocent. I think this has more to do with him hiding evidence and such although I haven't looked into it much.

jkitsune

Reaction score
m0ng0":18l8gssp said:
The Radish":18l8gssp said:

agreed, this is so inconsistent and stupid its just mind boggling. Ryan Braun gets the rest of the season and arod gets a lifetime ban?
Agreed. I have no sympathy for ARod but it doesn't make much sense to me when Barry bonds, roger Clemens, etc have had relatively lenient responses. Makes me wonder what other info exists behind the scenes

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think mlb us pressing him to retire... The players association will never allow that suspension. Its inconsistent with the parameters of punishment they've already agreed.

I'd imagine the Yankees are figuring a buyout as well. They seem reluctant to let him back in the field

Laloosh

Reaction score
My understanding is that the ban stems from his attempts to interfere with the investigation. Which apparently they have plenty of evidence that he's done...