If given the option

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
If given the option
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm
  • Would you rather attend:

A). The Mayweather fight on Sat Sept 14th in Las Vegas and fly to Seattle the next morning to attend Sunday Night Football Seahawks vs Niners.

Or

B). The Sunday Night Football Seahawks vs Niners and then fly next morning to Cincinatti for their home opener Monday Night Football vs SteAlers.

......Just curious......
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Re: If given the option
Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm
  • Option A without a doubt.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Yeah, A definitely. Why do I care about the steelers? Mayweather vs Alvarez is much more interesting.
    heyu123
    NET Starter

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Definatly A. The adrenaline and electricity of a big fight is every bit as intense as a home Seahawks game.

If that's not enough simply Vegas vs Cincinatti as a location should answer the question by itself.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 pm
  • I go to Vegas all the time. In addition, the Seahawks game after a Friday Saturday in Vegas, a Mayweather fight and then a flight to Seattle is a HELL of a lot to endure. Even for me.

Have always wanted to attend back to back NFL games on consecutive days cross-country. Always thought wild card or divisional round would be perfect.

But to go to ANY NFL stadiums home opener is a rush. Add to it that cincy's situation is very very similar to ours. PrimeTime home opener on 2nd week vs hated hated rival that they are trying to wrest the division from?? Add in the fact that I would go in my lime green Seahawks jersey and get down very very close (tickets are NOT as pricy as they should be) and I would LOVE to be in a stadium full of people who HATE THE STEALERS as much as I do...

Dunno. Pretty close call to me.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 pm
  • Not to mention a likely large ML parlay on Seattle and Cincy to win.....

If I go to the fight I'm betting against Mayweather or not at all.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm
  • So why are you asking us if you're already mostly decided (it sounds like)? If it was me...option B. Any football is generally pretty good, but I also could give a rats ass about boxing - just never followed it.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:13 am
  • Option B. I could care less about Mayweather and boxing.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 am
  • MissoulaHawkFan wrote:So why are you asking us if you're already mostly decided (it sounds like)? If it was me...option B. Any football is generally pretty good, but I also could give a rats ass about boxing - just never followed it.

I haven't decided anything. I want other opinions and the first several I got were for option A, so I fleshed out my perspective on option B a little better.

Am really undecided and figure it would be very interesting to hear other fans' viewpoints which might sway me.

I have never even been to a boxing match. So there is that appeal.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:49 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    MissoulaHawkFan wrote:So why are you asking us if you're already mostly decided (it sounds like)? If it was me...option B. Any football is generally pretty good, but I also could give a rats ass about boxing - just never followed it.

I haven't decided anything. I want other opinions and the first several I got were for option A, so I fleshed out my perspective on option B a little better.

Am really undecided and figure it would be very interesting to hear other fans' viewpoints which might sway me.

I have never even been to a boxing match. So there is that appeal.

I would think that Bengals/Steelers no matter how good it is would be a let down after Seattle/49ers. Especially when your emotional attachment is in the first game.

And if you've never been to a boxing match that pretty much solidifies A as the best choice, imo. It's really a one of a kind energy.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:57 am
  • I would take option B. Bengals are a fast rising team with an expectation to contend for the division title. Should be a pretty amped up crowd. If I was still a big fight fan, I might consider option A but if it doesn't stand up to the hype, the undercard better be worth it.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:07 am
  • B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 am
  • Gotcha bfs - good luck choosing!
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:49 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:

Last year my preseason Super Bowl pic was Seattle vs Houston (kearly can verify )
    This year I am saying Seattle v Houston OR Seattle v Cincy, although Denver is the odds on favorite.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 am
  • Option A without a doubt although I do understand your reason to lean towards option B.

Have you ever seen Mayweather fight live? That would tilt my decision.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:08 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Option A without a doubt although I do understand your reason to lean towards option B.

No. Growing up my favorite era of boxers was leonard hagler hearns duran with the hitman being my favorite of the four...I haven't even watched boxing since ?Tyson? And have never attended the spectacle of a live fight.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Option A without a doubt although I do understand your reason to lean towards option B.

No. Growing up my favorite era of boxers was leonard hagler hearns duran with the hitman being my favorite of the four...I haven't even watched boxing since ?Tyson? And have never attended the spectacle of a live fight.

Option A then for sure. Television does no justice to the hand speed of a live fight. I saw Chad Dawson fight live and it was incredible. That plus the fact the Mayweather has a handful of fights left and IMO the greatest boxer of this era.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:00 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:

Last year my preseason Super Bowl pic was Seattle vs Houston (kearly can verify )
    This year I am saying Seattle v Houston OR Seattle v Cincy, although Denver is the odds on favorite.

Manning will throw a very ill-timed pick v. Cincy in the AFC championship game giving the Bungals the SB berth. Afterwards everyone will ask Mr. Ed why he signed a dome QB for a cold weather stadium and he'll blather on about how Peyton's a HOFer, etc. while inside he'll be wanting to say "It was the only scenario available to get rid of Teblow and not get crucified by the Donkey fans".

:D
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:B cuz you can scout the Bengals since they are good enough that they may be our Hawks' SB opponent in Feb. :mrgreen:

Manning will throw a very ill-timed pick v. Cincy in the AFC championship game giving the Bungals the SB berth. Afterwards everyone will ask Mr. Ed why he signed a dome QB for a cold weather stadium and he'll blather on about how Peyton's a HOFer, etc. while inside he'll be wanting to say "It was the only scenario available to get rid of Teblow and not get crucified by the Donkey fans".

:D

Manning threw those in domes. Other than that spot on. .
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm
  • Boxing is boring. Make option A a big MMA fight and I'm in, otherwise, give me option B.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:45 pm
  • Definitely option A. If you've never been to Vegas during fight weekend, the leadup alone is a spectacle. All the people (Mexicans will be out in droves), playful banter, the excitement of the weighin, etc. It's like nothing else IMO. Been down there twice but have always done the closed circuit at Mandalay Bay for $50. Still exciting as hell. When Pacquiao got KO'ed in December, the Mandalay Bay events center erupted. My jaw dropped and I was speechless for awhile.

Plus this is the biggest fight in years (not most competitive as I think Mayweather whoops Canelos ass but it could possibly get close or even break May-DLH's numbers)
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:40 am
  • LargentFan wrote:Boxing is boring. Make option A a big MMA fight and I'm in, otherwise, give me option B.

What exactly is a big MMA fight? I've been to ay least a dozen "Huge" MMA fights and none are even close to a prize fight weekend.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information