ATTN NHL Fans: Coyotes to Seattle is Plan B?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Very interesting. Long time Sharks fan, I would have to switch and root for the home town team. Hopefully this leads to the NBA following suit to Seattle as well.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1o42hc8u said:
Very interesting. Long time Sharks fan, I would have to switch and root for the home town team. Hopefully this leads to the NBA following suit to Seattle as well.

I think we'll get NBA expansion news very soon, theres no way in my mind, the NHL lets this team come to Seattle to play in the Key without some type of idea of when the SoDo arena gets going.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":ylz0s2g7 said:
What's with that stupid fighting crap? Are they gonna do THAT?

That'd be one way to get me to watch, 1 fight each game plz.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":1jxojtr5 said:
Blitzer88":1jxojtr5 said:

I think we'll get NBA expansion news very soon, theres no way in my mind, the NHL lets this team come to Seattle to play in the Key without some type of idea of when the SoDo arena gets going.

That's my thinking. Either they are using us as leverage (though the NHL is absolutely fed up with Glendale), they know something we don't and have heard through the grapevine that the NBA is expanding, or the other owners will look to modify the MOU while Hansen gets the NBA figured out. I'm trying not to get too excited, but I may just convince the better half that we have to move back to Seattle so I can see some NHL/NFL and NBA games more often.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like there will be any stringing along, either Glendale bends over and gives it up, or the team goes to the group that will move em to Seattle, it could happen all in a week.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":g60rc8s8 said:
Doesn't sound like there will be any stringing along, either Glendale bends over and gives it up, or the team goes to the group that will move em to Seattle, it could happen all in a week.

Which is why I'm not getting my hopes up until something is announced one way or another. Still, the possibilities are fun to think about. And maybe this kicks this NBA's ass into expansion. Or they know it's happening anyways and that is why this is going down.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
If we can get an NHL team, modify the MOU, and build the arena, it will be even easier to get an NBA team as we already would have the arena built or under construction. This is good, good, good, good, good.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Throwdown":j8t3c5o0 said:

Wow that is good news. Of course, we started out very optimistic on the NBA thing too.

Tech Worlds":j8t3c5o0 said:
If we can get an NHL team, modify the MOU, and build the arena, it will be even easier to get an NBA team as we already would have the arena built or under construction. This is good, good, good, good, good.

Yes, it is! And for the record, I'm much, much more excited about getting an NHL team here than an NBA team, even if there is a ton of NBA history here. Hockey is so much fun to watch live!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I hope it happens because then I will not care if the NBA ever comes here. The NBA can suck it as far as I'm concerned. I thought that they were the only reason for our chances at getting an NHL team, but if the NHL is coming first, great, I never have to care about the league again.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Someone wanna give me a crash court on modern Hockey? who are the IT guys? the storied franchises? The NHL's equivalent to the 12th man?

I'm intrigued to try just ONE game if they do come.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm preparing myself to get used as leverage again.

But the two important dates here, June 25th Glendale city council meets, July 2nd is deadline for their arena plan, or its move to Seattle time.

So the Coyotes are the old Winnipeg Jets team. Just daydreaming here, as I doubt this is going to happen. What would the new name be? Stick with Coyotes? Go back to Jets? Mets? Olympics? Cascades? Steal the Thunderbirds name(is that possible)?

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1jwx2x7c said:
I'm preparing myself to get used as leverage again.

But the two important dates here, June 25th Glendale city council meets, July 2nd is deadline for their arena plan, or its move to Seattle time.

So the Coyotes are the old Winnipeg Jets team. Just daydreaming here, as I doubt this is going to happen. What would the new name be? Stick with Coyotes? Go back to Jets? Mets? Olympics? Cascades? Steal the Thunderbirds name(is that possible)?

It sounds like we are being used as leverage, thats why this story leaked I'm guessing.

We gotta hope Glendale turns down the deal to subsidize this new ownership group that wants to keep the team in at Jobing.com Arena.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":15laxu7k said:
Someone wanna give me a crash court on modern Hockey? who are the IT guys? the storied franchises? The NHL's equivalent to the 12th man?

Alex Ovechkin is a beast. He's a monster of a man, swift on his skates, physical, and can shoot like none other. Though he plays for the Washington (DC) Capitols, he's a lot of fun to watch. Sidney Crosby, of the Pittsburgh Penguins, is likewise fun to watch when he is not injured. Pavel Datsyuk of the Red Wings is a bad ass.

The modern NHL is so full of talented players that only a few names become publicly recognized. I think this also has to do with strike seasons shrinking the fanbase somewhat.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2bpjtqh4 said:
Throwdown":2bpjtqh4 said:

Alex Ovechkin is a beast. He's a monster of a man, swift on his skates, physical, and can shoot like none other. Though he plays for the Washington (DC) Capitols, he's a lot of fun to watch. Sidney Crosby, of the Pittsburgh Penguins, is likewise fun to watch when he is not injured. Pavel Datsyuk of the Red Wings is a bad ass.

The modern NHL is so full of talented players that only a few names become publicly recognized. I think this also has to do with strike seasons shrinking the fanbase somewhat.

Datsyuk is a magician.

As for storied franchises, there are the "Original Six," who weren't necessarily all actually original, but they formed the entirety of the league for 25 years from the early 1940's to the late 1960's when the NHL expanded. Bruins, Wings, Blackhawks, Canadiens, Maple Leafs, Rangers.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Another hockey fun fact-Outside of watching the Seahawks, hockey is the most exciting sport to watch live.

Latest posts