Jason Kidd named Brooklyn Nets head coach

OP
OP
Pstark3

Pstark3

Reaction score
He was a good leader as a player, maybe he'll be able to connect better with players because he played so recently? Idk..

Either way, D-will seems really excited about it

m0ng0

Reaction score
Hmm.....George Karl and Lionel Hollins don't have jobs but Jason Kidd and Maurice Cheeks do? And people wonder whats wrong with the NBA

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pstark3":1rwkaz2z said:
He was a good leader as a player, maybe he'll be able to connect better with players because he played so recently? Idk..

Either way, D-will seems really excited about it

Deron Williams isn't the smartest guy in the world either, if they did this out of listening to their star player the Nets royally ****** up.

I don't see how it works out, I know a lot of PG's become coaches, but a lot of 'em actually sit and learn as assitants, hell Sam Cassell is still paying his dues, Brian Shaw is a pretty hot name in the NBA.

I guess we'll see, I have my doubts though.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Y'all just jealous. Good for Jason Kidd. Nobody deserves anything okay. You want then you got to take it.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, I dont think the Nets would be a realistic option for Karl. It's just not his type of roster...and the roster is one they can’t get out of for another season or two. Hollins would've been a great choice with that roster. As would Mac10. But each of those guys would’ve hurt DWill’s feelngs.

But, hey, Kidd went after this job hard. He pursued it, hard, good for him. He must’ve said something right. The Nets owner, aka the bad guy from Layer Cake, is pretty damn savvy.

The Radish

Reaction score
Jason Kidd has been told his entire career that he would not be able to do what he went ahead and did every day.

What's the harm in having a coach that actually cares?

:les:

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Radish":tvurb76m said:
Jason Kidd has been told his entire career that he would not be able to do what he went ahead and did every day.

Being a coach is so much more than going out there running plays though, he's gotta deal with these personalities. In the NBA the personalities are so much bigger than they are in other major sports.

I have a feeling that it may be too soon, and some of these guys will see him as a peer instead of their leader. I could be wrong though, I often am.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":8g0umlxb said:

When was Jason Kidd ever told he couldn't do what he did? I remember SI doing a whole article about him while in HS. He was very highly thought of coming into college and the NBA.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get that at all. He had a mentor in Gary Payton, that believed in him and taught him a lot amongst others. He wasn't no unknown that made it big.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Good for Kidd. Lenny Wilkins was OK, and he started coaching when he was still playing.

Latest posts