Jesus Montero and 20 MLB players facing possible suspension

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • Major League Baseball is preparing to suspend New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun and others connected to the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, reports ESPN.com.

    Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Seattle Mariners minor league catcher Jesus Montero, and Detroit Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta are also being looked at for possible suspensions.


    http://tracking.si.com/2013/06/04/mlb-p ... &eref=sihp
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18497
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • Montero needs to sue...whatever they did to him in that clinic, it didn't help for shiite!
    _________________
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1742
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


  • Trenchbroom wrote:Montero needs to sue...whatever they did to him in that clinic, it didn't help for shiite!


    That, or maybe he quit doing whatever he was doing when he moved across the country to Seattle which causes his performance to drop.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18497
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Montero needs to sue...whatever they did to him in that clinic, it didn't help for shiite!


    That, or maybe he quit doing whatever he was doing when he moved across the country to Seattle which causes his performance to drop.


    Wouldn't you think if you gave up a all star pitcher for a "super" prospect, you at least pee test him before making the trade?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2162
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • CPHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Montero needs to sue...whatever they did to him in that clinic, it didn't help for shiite!


    That, or maybe he quit doing whatever he was doing when he moved across the country to Seattle which causes his performance to drop.


    Wouldn't you think if you gave up a all star pitcher for a "super" prospect, you at least pee test him before making the trade?

    Michael Pineda is just as much a prospect as Montero fwiw. And he hasn't panned out yet either.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2091
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • CPHawk wrote:Wouldn't you think if you gave up a all star pitcher for a "super" prospect, you at least pee test him before making the trade?

    Armstrong: "We won't drug test Montero if you don't do a full physical on Pineda."
    Steinbrenner: "Deal."
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5733
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Get rid of him

    Don't care about 2nd chances
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Shaz wrote:Get rid of him

    Don't care about 2nd chances

    Agreed. We can't have any players on Seattle sports teams who have used PEDs in recent years.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • I think it's funny he used em and he still sucks... Typical Mariner $&@!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18760
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Man they sure helped him.............. :34853_doh:
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10819
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • pinksheets wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Get rid of him

    Don't care about 2nd chances

    Agreed. We can't have any players on Seattle sports teams who have used PEDs in recent years.


    I don't care about that. He's terrible

    If you're going to use PED's at least be productive.

    Good riddance and get the hell out of Seattle
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


  • Throwdown wrote:I think it's funny he used em and he still sucks... Typical Mariner $&@!



    it seems more likely he was introduced to them as a Yankee. And since MLB are basically promising suspensions of players like A-Rod and Braun, but looking into players like Montero, whatever introduction he may have had was probably short lived (and did not follow him to Seattle)

    But yeah, hes struggled. and this wont help
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4630
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • His "career" is over already anyway so this ain't no biggie.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10745
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:His "career" is over already anyway so this ain't no biggie.


    :roll:
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2582
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


  • Shaz wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Get rid of him

    Don't care about 2nd chances

    Agreed. We can't have any players on Seattle sports teams who have used PEDs in recent years.


    I don't care about that. He's terrible

    If you're going to use PED's at least be productive.

    Good riddance and get the hell out of Seattle

    Not all prospects spark immediately, and there's clearly problems with this organization's ability to get their talent truly major league ready. We invested a lot in Jesus, to just say "good riddance" is shortsighted for baseball. That's exactly the type of philosophy that gets you an even shittier baseball team with absolutely nothing in the farm system.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2832
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • He's only 23, for chissakes. The team sucks anyway. And he hasn't been proved guilty of anything. And he's missing games with a knee proceedure. You get my drift? We need Zunino, now we got this dearth of catchers--Don't bring him up early!
    WAS CARROL DISSED IN NFL.COM POWER RANKINGS?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/07/16/ ... -rankings/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1293
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


  • LOL@adderall being anything close to HGH/steriods. Montero sucks along with the whole Mariners organization, it's sad really. They should be on PEDs.
    User avatar
    McG
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 765
    Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am
    Location: Van Buren, AR from Kent-Covington, WA


  • m0ng0 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:His "career" is over already anyway so this ain't no biggie.


    :roll:

    Hope your eye roll is spot on, but I just don't see it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10745
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA




It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests