Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Bottom half? Gate you've officially outdone yourself... Can no longer take you seriously.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Bottom half? Gate you've officially outdone yourself... Can no longer take you seriously.


Well when you've finished near the middle with him, how do you think you'll actually do if he were to leave? Liverpool aren't exactly genius' when it comes to replacing key losses(I'm surprised they got as much as they did for Carroll's transfer to West Ham), don't say Arsenal's no better cause they've at least maintained finishing Top 4 despite losing key players in each of the last 5 summers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Bottom half? Gate you've officially outdone yourself... Can no longer take you seriously.


Well when you've finished near the middle with him, how do you think you'll actually do if he were to leave? Liverpool aren't exactly genius' when it comes to replacing key losses(I'm surprised they got as much as they did for Carroll's transfer to West Ham), don't say Arsenal's no better cause they've at least maintained finishing Top 4 despite losing key players in each of the last 5 summers.


Still cant


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... l-transfer

Intriguing interview the Guardian had with Suarez.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Well Suarez has gone and done it now....

2 words for you Luis: Carlos Tevez


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Intriguing interview the Guardian had with Suarez.


That's intriguing? You need to get out more

He just dug himself a deeper hole and raised his price to Arsenal


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Intriguing interview the Guardian had with Suarez.


That's intriguing? You need to get out more

He just dug himself a deeper hole and raised his price to Arsenal


Text doesn't necessarily help people realize when sarcasm is being used. And if Liverpool raise his price after this, then who's really being classless now?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Suarez has only repeated what we all new. So no its not intriguing. 55 million. That's the price Gate. Its business. And to assume Liverpool should somehow grant him or Arsenal some discount after staying loyal to the player despite the embarrassment he's caused the club over two years is really naive.

I'm sorry you've not figured it out yet. Arsenal hasn't. Suarez hasn't. Really surprised how desperate Arsenal is. Do you really want a player like Suarez? I mean honestly?

Shocking. Desperate. Funny


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:39 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
I ain't bovvered. Liverpool are holding all the cards here. Transfer requests mean very little when you've 3 years remaining on your contract. Liverpool can hold out for the right price - as I've said all along. 55 mil seems to be it, so we'll see who flinches first here. Seems like Arsenal are putting all of their transfer eggs in one basket here.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
peachesenregalia wrote:
I ain't bovvered. Liverpool are holding all the cards here. Transfer requests mean very little when you've 3 years remaining on your contract. Liverpool can hold out for the right price - as I've said all along. 55 mil seems to be it, so we'll see who flinches first here. Seems like Arsenal are putting all of their transfer eggs in one basket here.


Not bothered. Just don't want him at Arsenal. Chelsea's in now apparently. Happy to business with them again.

Where is PSG or Monaco when you need them


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
Where is PSG or Monaco when you need them


I think the last thing PSG need is another striker.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm
Posts: 173
Barcelona bid accepted for Agger. 18 million


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:22 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
Barcelona bid accepted for Agger. 18 million


Link? I'm not seeing this anywhere, and would be very surprised since they just today tabled a fresh bid to Chelsea for Luiz.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
peachesenregalia wrote:
Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
Barcelona bid accepted for Agger. 18 million


Link? I'm not seeing this anywhere, and would be very surprised since they just today tabled a fresh bid to Chelsea for Luiz.


Not accepted. Tabled. Ayre already declined. BR said he's not selling.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Am I the only one that thinks Liverpool should just sell Suarez? Keeping him is doing nobody any good now, especially with Rodgers now claiming that Suarez is being disrespectful. I don't even care who he goes to, JUST LET HIM LEAVE SO WE GET THIS CRAP OVER WITH!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.


You're kidding right? You seriously think I don't know what club pride is?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.


You're kidding right? You seriously think I don't know what club pride is?


If you truly did you wouldn't have asked the question you did


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:36 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 45
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
You wouldn't have an idea of club pride.


You're kidding right? You seriously think I don't know what club pride is?


If you truly did you wouldn't have asked the question you did


"There were no promises made, categorically none and no promises broken," Rodgers told reporters in Norway after Liverpool's friendly game on Wednesday night. "Obviously, the remarks I've read, it is bitterly disappointing, but my job is bigger than that. My job is to fight and protect the club.

"We have a standard at Liverpool and I will fight for my life to retain it. The Liverpool way is all about being committed to the cause and fighting for the shirt. It's also about dignity and being dignified in how you speak about the club. And it’s about unity. If anyone steps outside of those values then I have to deal with it.

"I will take strong, decisive action, absolutely, as there has been total disrespect of the club. This is a lack of respect of a club that has given him everything. Absolutely everything."


With that being said, I don't think you should bow to the whims of a player such as Suarez. Next thing you know, every player who wants to jump ship from Liverpool will act as if they're free to do so and will point to this situation.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Thank you Dren....

I applauded Mancini when he put Tevez in his place and I stand by Rodgers for standing for the ideals of the club before the whims of a player.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
So it's too much to ask for just one day where Rodgers doesn't make a comment ripping Suarez or Arsenal?

Or just no comment other than about the upcoming season that doesn't involve Suarez.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
So it's too much to ask for just one day where Rodgers doesn't make a comment ripping Suarez or Arsenal?


I think he wanted to talk about all the transfer improvements Arsenal have made.... But you know... They havent made any

Again. You've no clue what pride in a club is. And if you took Rodgers comments (from yesterday in direct response to Suarez "intriguing" interview) as ripping the player or the team tapping him up than I've no hope for you


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
There's still nothing that suggests Rodgers and Liverpool's claims of tapping up are accurate. I heard something yesterday that makes the most sense, if Liverpool are so adamant that the clause is what they say it is, then they should have no problem showing it.

You're being a real ass questioning me about if I know what pride in a club is. What exactly gives you the right to make a judgement like that about someone you don't even know outside of this forum?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:44 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Gatehawk wrote:
There's still nothing that suggests Rodgers and Liverpool's claims of tapping up are accurate. I heard something yesterday that makes the most sense, if Liverpool are so adamant that the clause is what they say it is, then they should have no problem showing it.

You're being a real ass questioning me about if I know what pride in a club is. What exactly gives you the right to make a judgement like that about someone you don't even know outside of this forum?


LOL

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Gatehawk wrote:
There's still nothing that suggests Rodgers and Liverpool's claims of tapping up are accurate. I heard something yesterday that makes the most sense, if Liverpool are so adamant that the clause is what they say it is, then they should have no problem showing it.

You're being a real ass questioning me about if I know what pride in a club is. What exactly gives you the right to make a judgement like that about someone you don't even know outside of this forum?


if your moms going to let you use the internet i suggest you take more caution in what you're talking about and don't be so defensive...

You're comment about "just letting Suarez" go was baseless and showed you really don't understand the principle the club is standing for. Having had your best players unsettled and snatched from you 4 straight years I assumed you would empathize. I assumed you were brighter than youve come off lately. Maybe you're on a wind up. Maybe you're too blinded by Arsenal love to see your own hypocrisy.

But hey... None of this is new


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Downing to west ham (rumour) and agger officially the vc (so no move to barca)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
In this is stupidly funny news:
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... ll-falcao/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
Wow, that is crazy. I highly doubt it true though.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Just skimmed through the last few pages of this. Think it's best for the entire football world if Luis Suarez just buggered off somewhere and did something else. Like working in a post office.

A man so vile that he wishes to turn his back on the club who stuck by him -- wrongly for the most part IMO -- putting their own reputation at stake to try and maintain his (a battle they would always lose). And he repays them by basically sticking two fingers up.

And after a whole summer of whoring himself around to the big clubs, nobody's come in for him.

I'd love to see him sat on his arse in the stands for the whole year.

What a complete nob.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Just skimmed through the last few pages of this. Think it's best for the entire football world if Luis Suarez just buggered off somewhere and did something else. Like working in a post office.

A man so vile that he wishes to turn his back on the club who stuck by him -- wrongly for the most part IMO -- putting their own reputation at stake to try and maintain his (a battle they would always lose). And he repays them by basically sticking two fingers up.

And after a whole summer of whoring himself around to the big clubs, nobody's come in for him.

I'd love to see him sat on his arse in the stands for the whole year.

What a complete nob.



pretty much over it at this point English... like in any sport it makes little sense to get emotional about your team's players. its more rare they become a Steve Largent, Edgar martinez or Steven Gerrard than they become a Terrel Owens, Lebron James or Luis Suarez


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
so... Willian to Chelsea?

too funny


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 1677
Location: SW Florida
Uncle Si wrote:
so... Willian to Chelsea?

too funny


So in the last week he's gone from "Expected to join Liverpool" to "On the verge of joining Spurs" to now "Chelsea are favorites to sign him"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Scumbag Willian:

"I hope to Join Liverpool!"..................................
................................................signs for Chelsea.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
You can never have too many #10s, I guess.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4196
Hawkspur wrote:
You can never have too many #10s, I guess.


(first, let me be honest, I still think Willian is going to Spurs)

but if.... Mata to go? Mourinho doesnt rate him. could see him off to La Liga where he belongs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
peachesenregalia wrote:
Scumbag Willian:

"I hope to Join Liverpool!"..................................
................................................signs for Chelsea.


This is what happens when you deal with our mate Kia. I doubt that Willian himself has a whole lot of say in where he ends up.

Agree with the sentiment though!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CurryStopstheRuns, InSuarezWeTrust and 3 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.