Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
85 million quid for Bale. WOW

Spurs need to take the money here. Stupid to turn that down.

From what I understand, they haven't even received any bids yet. The closest Madrid have come so far is the usual unsettling tactics, ie tapping up via Marca. The way the fans see this is that £85mil would get Levy and Lewis a lot closer to a new stadium and therefore a lot closer to selling the club for a huge profit. No one sees even half of any sale being reinvested in the squad.

Keeps Suarez at Liverpool as well. Its unfortunate such a huge sale of a mediocre left back wouldn't help the team and fans immediately.... If its any solace the Liverpool forums are scared to death of Daniel Levy with 85 million

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:

Sorry, not my forum, but I saw this on the "latest" thread on Tapatalk.

Gabrielle Marcotti was reporting on this story today, and it's not GBP85m or even close to it. It's only that if you value Di Maria and another dude whose name I can't spell at over GBP 40m, as it's players plus cash. They clearly aren't worth that, and when you add in their hefty wages (and the possible effect on the wage structure at Spurs) and the fact that Madrid have clearly tipped their hand that the players in question are not wanted and the effect this has on their value, I think Spurs are right to hold out for more cash.

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 am 
NET Veteran

cdallan wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

Sorry, not my forum, but I saw this on the "latest" thread on Tapatalk.

Gabrielle Marcotti was reporting on this story today, and it's not GBP85m or even close to it. It's only that if you value Di Maria and another dude whose name I can't spell at over GBP 40m, as it's players plus cash. They clearly aren't worth that, and when you add in their hefty wages (and the possible effect on the wage structure at Spurs) and the fact that Madrid have clearly tipped their hand that the players in question are not wanted and the effect this has on their value, I think Spurs are right to hold out for more cash.

I've heard that Spurs are close to terms with Valencia for Soldado, in which case di Maria would be worth even less to them. I'm pretty sure Levy will want cash. And the wage structure at Spurs is very real too. I wouldn't be surprised to see it increased, but only for Bale at this stage.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:09 am 
NET Veteran

Cdallan - did Marcotti mention whether any bid had actually been made?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:19 am 
NET Starter

Uncle Si wrote:
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Napoli is now Liverpool Southeast

One player

Reportedly (take it for what you will) Napoli is in for Skrtel as well.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
Cdallan - did Marcotti mention whether any bid had actually been made?

Article at es.pn/1aSUVy5

No word on whether an "official" bid has been made, but it's not really that relevant - the details are out there and the players involved will know.

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 pm 
* NET Starfish *

According to Sky Sports, it's 85 mil, all cash. So who knows?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:35 am 
NET Veteran

I just read an article in the Mirror, of all places, that I thought made a very good argument for keeping Bale, regardless of the transfer fee. The piece argued that Bale is the first real star the club has had in ages, and that with the arrival of Paulinho and possibly Soldado, as well as the younger players added so far this window and the talent already at the club like Lloris, vertonghen, Sandro & Kaboul, that the club is on the verge of not being a selling club. Especially given that Arsenal and United appear to be there for the taking it seems like an inopportune time to be selling the best player on a club that is very close to where it needs to be.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 am 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Napoli is now Liverpool Southeast

One player

Reportedly (take it for what you will) Napoli is in for Skrtel as well.

On loan no less.... And sterling last loaned to west ham and Suarez to arsenal and we've signed the Greek back and some kid from Armenia (not that one but a new one)

Its all happening

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 am 
* NET Starfish *

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... eal-madrid

Inevitable, really. Spurs can rebuild well from this, though. maybe. I don't know.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
I just read an article in the Mirror, of all places, that I thought made a very good argument for keeping Bale, regardless of the transfer fee. The piece argued that Bale is the first real star the club has had in ages, and that with the arrival of Paulinho and possibly Soldado, as well as the younger players added so far this window and the talent already at the club like Lloris, vertonghen, Sandro & Kaboul, that the club is on the verge of not being a selling club. Especially given that Arsenal and United appear to be there for the taking it seems like an inopportune time to be selling the best player on a club that is very close to where it needs to be.

With Fergie moving on and Chelsea ageing, Spurs should be seeing this as a huge opportunity to break the money-controlled domination of a select group and really have a go. They aren't a million miles behind Utd and Chelsea. Man City are on another level because of their spending power, but they're yet to prove they can be consistent.

Keep Bale. See what happens. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to me who if he doesn't get a move will sulk and let it impact his form.

I for one would be rooting for Spurs next year if they can take the next step. Although I still expect City to waltz to the title with ease next season.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 am 
* NET Starfish *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

With Fergie moving on and Chelsea ageing, Spurs should be seeing this as a huge opportunity to break the money-controlled domination of a select group and really have a go. They aren't a million miles behind Utd and Chelsea. Man City are on another level because of their spending power, but they're yet to prove they can be consistent.

Keep Bale. See what happens. He doesn't seem like the type of guy to me who if he doesn't get a move will sulk and let it impact his form.

I for one would be rooting for Spurs next year if they can take the next step. Although I still expect City to waltz to the title with ease next season.

I'm backing Chelsea. Mourinho is that good, in my opinion. City have the spending power, but I'm just not sold on Pellegrini in the prem. Mourino's been there before and knows what it takes.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:55 pm 
NET Veteran

I highly doubt Spurs will sell Bale this summer or in January. I bet he will remain a Spur for another two years.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:59 am 
NET Veteran

MANUNITED23 wrote:
I highly doubt Spurs will sell Bale this summer or in January. I bet he will remain a Spur for another two years.

He will never have more value than he does now.... I see that as the only reason

They've added Paulinho Chadli and now Soldado apparently.... Surely that's Bale money being spent?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:46 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:

He will never have more value than he does now.... I see that as the only reason

They've added Paulinho Chadli and now Soldado apparently.... Surely that's Bale money being spent?

You'd have to think so. Earlier in the summer fairly strong rumours came out that Joe Lewis had promised Levy/AVB £50m to try to get them over the hump. Part of this rumour was that AVB is getting to spend the money accrued over the last few years that Levy and Lewis didn't trust Harry with. It's certainly plausible as they did appear to earn a lot more than they spent and by all accounts Redknapp didn't manage to endear himself to Lewis.

However, I suspect that you are probably right. I hope that if he does go we can somehow manage to get Wilian from Anzhi or Lamela and a new fullback or two.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:57 am 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:

You'd have to think so. Earlier in the summer fairly strong rumours came out that Joe Lewis had promised Levy/AVB £50m to try to get them over the hump. Part of this rumour was that AVB is getting to spend the money accrued over the last few years that Levy and Lewis didn't trust Harry with. It's certainly plausible as they did appear to earn a lot more than they spent and by all accounts Redknapp didn't manage to endear himself to Lewis.

However, I suspect that you are probably right. I hope that if he does go we can somehow manage to get Wilian from Anzhi or Lamela and a new fullback or two.

Ancellotti is reporting that they're 'in talks' with Spurs now for Bale. Seems a foregone conclusion, mate.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 am 
NET Veteran

Yup

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:05 am 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
Yup

If you get a King's Ransom, then you can rebuild pretty quickly, I'd think. AVB did a good job last year, but Bale was the driving force behind most of their results, IMO. If Suarez goes for us, We'll have to wait and see. We'd need at least 50 mil to be in the market for another world class striker, and that's even if someone'll sell. Hard place to be in.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am 
NET Veteran

Quote:

I disagree, he is still fairly young player and has room for improvement. I don't think he has reached his peak just yet. Also, I honestly think if he stays he'll have a better overall season than he ever did. The money Spurs spent on players mentioned above isn't necessary form a potential Bale sale. Perhaps, it's a move to keep Bale on the team.

PS: I honestly think AVB is going to be under the most pressure this coming season in BPL to get into top 3. Let me know what you guys think?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am 
* NET Starfish *

MANUNITED23 wrote:
Quote:

I disagree, he is still fairly young player and has room for improvement. I don't think he has reached his peak just yet. Also, I honestly think if he stays he'll have a better overall season than he ever did. The money Spurs spent on players mentioned above isn't necessary form a potential Bale sale. Perhaps, it's a move to keep Bale on the team.

PS: I honestly think AVB is going to be under the most pressure this coming season in BPL to get into top 3. Let me know what you guys think?

He's the same as gone. Talks between Spurs and Real are ongoing. Spurs will have to scrap for 4th, if even that this season. And no, i don't think AVB will be under that kind of pressure.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 am 
NET Veteran

If Bale stays he will be under pressure but if he leaves then he won't be.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 am 
* NET Starfish *

Even if he stays, 3rd is unreasonable. He may be under pressure to finish top 4, but with City and probably Chelsea virtual locks for 1 and 2, Man United, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will all 4 be fighting for the two remaining spots. Spurs won't be expected to come out on top of that group of four.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:46 am 
NET Veteran

MANUNITED23 wrote:
Quote:

I think that there will be pressure on AVB, certainly to finish in the top 4 anyway. Surely the manager under the greatest pressure is Moyes. How will he be regarded if United finish 5th?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:01 am 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:
Quote:

I think that there will be pressure on AVB, certainly to finish in the top 4 anyway. Surely the manager under the greatest pressure is Moyes. How will he be regarded when United finish 5th?

FIFY

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 am 
* NET Starfish *

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/li ... ego-costa/

I mean...we were definitely in need of attacking options last year, when Borini was injured/shite and Suares was suspended. I think this is a good move either way. Insurance incase we lose Suarez, and gives us a wealth of options to deal with any Suarez injuries or suspensions, and gives us a really strong front three in Suarez, Costa and Sturridge, but just not sure all three could see the field all the time. Coutinho, Gerrard and probably Allen will all want to see the field, with guys like Lucas, Sterling, Aspas, Alberto, etc. all seeking playing time. Better to have too many than too few, though.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 am 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
MANUNITED23 wrote:
Quote:

I think that there will be pressure on AVB, certainly to finish in the top 4 anyway. Surely the manager under the greatest pressure is Moyes. How will he be regarded if United finish 5th?

Finishing 5th would be unacceptable but I honestly don't think he has to win the league. He is not under that kind of pressure just yet. However if Rooney leaves pressure will rise.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:59 am 
* NET Starfish *

You're mad if you don't think Moyes is already under pressure. United fans won't accept mediocrity, and i think that's exactly what he'll bring. Fergie left him a patchwork, aging squad with a weak midfield, an injury risk striker and an old, sometimes suspect defense. if United are languishing in the middle of the table come the end of september, watch the media pounce.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:18 pm 
NET Veteran

Is anyone else getting more and more confused by the day about the whole Suarez thing. I mean I'm just flat out confused about what that clause that Arsenal activated actually says, one side says it's a release clause, another says it's a clause that give Suarez permission to discuss terms with another club, and another says it's a clause that obligates Liverpool to tell Suarez that someone made a bid for him.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 pm 
NET Starter

Gatehawk wrote:
Is anyone else getting more and more confused by the day about the whole Suarez thing. I mean I'm just flat out confused about what that clause that Arsenal activated actually says, one side says it's a release clause, another says it's a clause that give Suarez permission to discuss terms with another club, and another says it's a clause that obligates Liverpool to tell Suarez that someone made a bid for him.

Nothing to be confused about, it's unlikely there is a release clause. Offer 55 million pounds or take a hike and sign some french middle schoolers.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm 
* NET Starfish *

The clause states that Liverpool FC have to make Suarez and his people aware of any bid over 40 mil. Not a release clause, not a clause that 'allows the player to discuss terms' with the other team, just that they have to make him aware. Nothing more.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:29 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

Nothing to be confused about, it's unlikely there is a release clause. Offer 55 million pounds or take a hike and sign some french middle schoolers.

Sure, give Liverpool the same amount that Napoli got for Cavani even though Cavani has no problems, while Suarez has all those past incidents. I don't think I said this on here but I compared Suarez to a sports car with a history of traffic violations and crashes.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

I should also point out that there's talk that Suarez is pissed at Liverpool as he was, apparently, told that he would be allowed to leave the Reds if a Champions League club came in with a 35 million pound bid.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:20 am 
NET Veteran

Some reports here that fee for Bale has been agreed at £105m + Coentrao with the money being paid in an upfront lump sum. If so....wow. Thanks Gareth! Deal aided by Ronaldo heading back to United for £80m. Sounds pretty far fetched but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:35 am 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
I should also point out that there's talk that Suarez is pissed at Liverpool as he was, apparently, told that he would be allowed to leave the Reds if a Champions League club came in with a 35 million pound bid.

Nope... Signed a fresh contract and the club has made it clear they aren't selling him.... At least to Arsenal.

If you get confused just listen to the people who actually make the decisions and not sky sports and the Mail

55 million... No one cares if Arsenal fans think its fair. We don't want to sell anyway

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/liverpool-in-22m-bid-for-brazilian-forward-diego-costa/

I mean...we were definitely in need of attacking options last year, when Borini was injured/shite and Suares was suspended. I think this is a good move either way. Insurance incase we lose Suarez, and gives us a wealth of options to deal with any Suarez injuries or suspensions, and gives us a really strong front three in Suarez, Costa and Sturridge, but just not sure all three could see the field all the time. Coutinho, Gerrard and probably Allen will all want to see the field, with guys like Lucas, Sterling, Aspas, Alberto, etc. all seeking playing time. Better to have too many than too few, though.

Costa/Muriel, Ericksen/Bernard, Papa and the left back...

4 weeks left

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 am 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/08/liverpool-in-22m-bid-for-brazilian-forward-diego-costa/

4 weeks left

i honestly don't want Ericksen at this point. He's a dedicated CAM, and that means they'll move Coutinho out wide, where I feel like his talent will be somewhat wasted. If we get papa and Cissokho, and keep Suarez, i'll be well chuffed with this summer's business.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:31 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

4 weeks left

i honestly don't want Ericksen at this point. He's a dedicated CAM, and that means they'll move Coutinho out wide, where I feel like his talent will be somewhat wasted. If we get papa and Cissokho, and keep Suarez, i'll be well chuffed with this summer's business.

Ericksen underneath Coutinho. Gerrards successor.... Then papa a lb and Costa. Keep Suarez and light a bag full of poop on fire and leave it on Gates doorstep

Best. Summer. Ever.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:57 am 
* NET Starfish *

Erickson underneath Coutinho would be a waste. Erickson doesn't control a midfield like Stevie does, he's always looking to get forward and link up, Closer to Jari Litmanen than Stevie. I just think it would be a waste. It looks like we're going with three strikers up top, Costa, Suarez and Sturridge, with Aspas and Borini for cover, then Coutino, Gerrard and either Sterling, Ibe or Alberto in the middle. Happy to have plenty of options, I guess.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Erickson underneath Coutinho would be a waste. Erickson doesn't control a midfield like Stevie does, he's always looking to get forward and link up, Closer to Jari Litmanen than Stevie. I just think it would be a waste. It looks like we're going with three strikers up top, Costa, Suarez and Sturridge, with Aspas and Borini for cover, then Coutino, Gerrard and either Sterling, Ibe or Alberto in the middle. Happy to have plenty of options, I guess.

He's just 22... We need to fill that midfield. If its not ericksen someone needs to step in. Alberto is for the future. Im not willing to pin the season on a 33 year old Gerrard, the inevitable Lucas injury and the inconsistency of Henderson and Allen

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 am 
* NET Starfish *

Uncle Si wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

He's just 22... We need to fill that midfield. If its not ericksen someone needs to step in. Alberto is for the future. Im not willing to pin the season on a 33 year old Gerrard, the inevitable Lucas injury and the inconsistency of Henderson and Allen

I expect Hendo to take a leap forward this year. He showed a lot more consistency towards the end of last season, for sure. Allen....yeah, not sure. He was carrying an injury last season, so we may not yet have seen even close to his best, but then again - we may have. Just seems an expensive luxury purchase at this point, and one I doubt we can afford after nabbing Costa and forking out for papadopolopodopodous.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

Nope... Signed a fresh contract and the club has made it clear they aren't selling him.... At least to Arsenal.

If you get confused just listen to the people who actually make the decisions and not sky sports and the Mail

55 million... No one cares if Arsenal fans think its fair. We don't want to sell anyway

Well what about BBC?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23550760

I'm now under the impression that there is a misunderstanding between Liverpool and everyone else(namely Suarez and Arsenal). I now think that that clause is what Liverpool claims it to be, but the way they explained it to Suarez when he signed the contract left him with the thought that the clause was an outright release clause.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

Well what about BBC?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23550760

I'm now under the impression that there is a misunderstanding between Liverpool and everyone else(namely Suarez and Arsenal). I now think that that clause is what Liverpool claims it to be, but the way they explained it to Suarez when he signed the contract left him with the thought that the clause was an outright release clause.

I'm under the impression you get easily confused by reality and sports media...

He's not going to Arsenal. Everyone at Liverpool has made it quite clear. What you have there is a story to wind up Arsenal fans

Let's review..

Someone assumes Suarez will file a transfer request ( which he won't because of the lost wages) and repeats and inside info without fact

This precedes a story about Wenger "assuring" his arsenal fans he's trying to get Suarez but Liverpool just won't budge... And oh don't worry about Spurs and Soldado. He wouldn't make it here at the Emirates.

Start seeing this for what it is Gate...your managers playing games with you again.

While Wenger is trying to be "amicable" Liverpool have already told him to get stuffed

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Money talks, although I'm not sure if it does for Arsenal.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:06 pm 
NET Veteran

All I know is that IF Suarez does leave Liverpool, it's gonna be for Arsenal. Madrid just seem to be more interested Gareth Bale to me.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:22 pm 
NET Starter

I think Arsenal just has more fun counting their gold, cause they don't have any silver. Suarez to Spain or nowhere, the end.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
I think Arsenal just has more fun counting their gold, cause they don't have any silver. Suarez to Spain or nowhere, the end.

I just don't see anyone other than Arsenal interested in Suarez right now. That's all I see. Like I said, Real Madrid seem more concerned with attempting to get Gareth Bale and unless that falls flat and they give up on their pursuit of him, they won't be going after Suarez.

Either Liverpool sells him now, waits till later and start getting lowball offers later in the window from other clubs that might spring up in interest, or just keep a guy who, at least from the games I've seen, has looked almost completely uninterested in playing for Liverpool during the preseason. It's Liverpool's choice.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:56 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Gatehawk wrote:
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:

I just don't see anyone other than Arsenal interested in Suarez right now. That's all I see. Like I said, Real Madrid seem more concerned with attempting to get Gareth Bale and unless that falls flat and they give up on their pursuit of him, they won't be going after Suarez.

Either Liverpool sells him now, waits till later and start getting lowball offers later in the window from other clubs that might spring up in interest, or just keep a guy who, at least from the games I've seen, has looked almost completely uninterested in playing for Liverpool during the preseason. It's Liverpool's choice.

LOL. Suarez will be just fine, thanks. We'll keep a hold of him and get the 25-30 goals he's good for this season.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
* NET Fan Boy *

With the signing of Dempsey I think the sounders have outspent arsenal to this point...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:27 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:

I do agree. I know what you're saying Gate and agree, but it doesn't recognize the power position Real is in.

They know Liverpool won't sell to Arsenal. They can afford to wait a bit to see if Liverpool gets anxious and come in with a smaller bid.

Suarez is a gamer Gate. He will do whatever to takes to win regardless of who he plays for. Dont get too wrapped up in twitter pics of an "unhappy" player

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

I didn't say it was twitter pictures that I saw. BeIn Sport aired the matches I was referring to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]