Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk
Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:28 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Liverppol are doing good business so far. I love how relatively quiet they are on the Suarez thing. Liverpool are in the position of power there, him having just signed a new contract. they are not pressured to sell for less than a silly amount of money.

Good business all with a small overall net spending when you consider what wages and contracts are and will be coming off the books as well.

Good point on the overall spending and wages. Its becoming clearer the direction BR wants the team to gonext year... and hopefully the addition of mkhitaryian, ericksen and a cb... but the summer comes and goes with suarez
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Liverppol are doing good business so far. I love how relatively quiet they are on the Suarez thing. Liverpool are in the position of power there, him having just signed a new contract. they are not pressured to sell for less than a silly amount of money.

Good business all with a small overall net spending when you consider what wages and contracts are and will be coming off the books as well.

Good point on the overall spending and wages. Its becoming clearer the direction BR wants the team to gonext year... and hopefully the addition of mkhitaryian, ericksen and a cb... but the summer comes and goes with suarez

Aye, it's true. Any scenario that sees Suarez leave is bad for the club overall. Still, some good signings being made, shrewd pickups, if you ask me.
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:50 pm
  • So peaches and Si, where do we think Joe Allen fits into the squad going forward? Assuming we will announce Aspas and Alberto both sometime soon.

He was probably our best player for about the first month of the season and then looked like he wore a lead kit the rest of the way when he was playing. Im sure his true form is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

What say you?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:38 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:So peaches and Si, where do we think Joe Allen fits into the squad going forward? Assuming we will announce Aspas and Alberto both sometime soon.

He was probably our best player for about the first month of the season and then looked like he wore a lead kit the rest of the way when he was playing. Im sure his true form is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

What say you?

I think he gets another season to prove that he was hampered by injuries last year. The thing is, I think Coutinho's passing AND attacking ability make Joe Allen obsolete. He can pass it about, but doesn't have that decisive, defense-splitting pass that Coutinho seems to have. We'll see.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:14 am
  • This isn't so much transfer related, but Arsenal have announced that Peter Hill-Wood has stepped down from his position as Arsenal chairman due to health reasons and will be replaced by Sir Chips Keswick.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 am
  • Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:01 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....

I honestly don't know anything about the guy myself. So I can't really make a real comment about it other than it might be a breath of fresh air, I repeat "MIGHT" not "will".
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....

pretty sure Sir Chips Keswick, Chest Rockwell and Brock Landers did some movies together in the late 70s
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....

pretty sure Sir Chips Keswick, Chest Rockwell and Brock Landers did some movies together in the late 70s

Sounds like they did a certain "kind" of movies.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 pm
  • Mignolet Reina

38 Games started 31
    3420 Minutes played 2790
    11 Clean sheets 14
    54 Goals conceded 34
    149 Total saves 73
    73% Ground 50-50s Won 91%
    75% Aerial 50-50s Won 86%
    42% Pass completion 71%
    2 (2 goals) Individual Errors 6 (4 goals)
    96% Claim Success 89%
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:23 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:Mignolet Reina

38 Games started 31
    3420 Minutes played 2790
    11 Clean sheets 14
    54 Goals conceded 34
    149 Total saves 73
    73% Ground 50-50s Won 91%
    75% Aerial 50-50s Won 86%
    42% Pass completion 71%
    2 (2 goals) Individual Errors 6 (4 goals)
    96% Claim Success 89%

Reina definitely more consistent, but his errors last year were unforgivable in a lot of cases. Mignolet will do, especially if we can get 12-14 mil for Reina. Look at the total saves for Mignolet, more than double what Reina had to deal with. An improved defense at Liverpool should see Mignolet's goals conceded come down and clean sheets go up.

I'm excited to see if we can nab both Llori and Papadopoulos, as well as Mkhitaryan or whatever is name is.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 pm
  • http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/he ... es-nearer/

Looks like this is happening. Is it possible that Suarez is just trying to force Henry into buying some top-shelf talent to build around him so that he'll stay?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/henrikh-mkhitaryan-flying-in-for-liverpool-medical-as-20m-move-edges-nearer/

Looks like this is happening. Is it possible that Suarez is just trying to force Henry into buying some top-shelf talent to build around him so that he'll stay?

*I* think it's a case of we know we can always sell Suarez if we have/want to, and Mkhitaryan is just adding talent around Suarez to make Merseyside more attractive. A lot of midfield options if we are lucky enough to get him. Exciting times.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:09 pm
  • So, at this point I'm thinking sell Reina, get Mignolet, Sell or loan out Shelvey, sell Downing, sell Skrtel and bring in Llori and Papadopolopodopolopodous, and try to do whatever it takes to keep Suarez. You figure if we stay with the 4-3-3, you put Suarez at the very top, with Sturridge and probably Mkhitaryan on either side playing high up, then Aspas, Coutinho and probably Gerard in the middle, *maybe* pulling in Lucas when needed in place of Gerard. Back 4 would ideally be Kelly at RB (he's better than Johnson when healthy), Agger, Papadopolopodopolopodopolopodous, and either Enrique or someone new. Oh, and the Carrol deal to be done in there also. THAT would represent an amazing summer window and a very good chance at a return to the champion's league. I expect United to fall away drastically under Moyes. He's too conservative for the top 4. Chelsea to win it all, City second, United, Liverpool and Arsenal to battle it our for 3rd and 4th, Spurs the unlucky outsiders after Bale almost certainly leaves. If Suarez leaves, I'll wait to see who Liverpool bring in to try to replace his goals before predicting the season.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:37 pm
  • One thing I worry about is with all these new and hopefully improved parts is that we will have time to learn how to play together as a team. I know great players don't need long, but it still concerns me.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 pm
  • Not sure what to make of this but Jozy Altidore has been linked with a move to the EPL. Kinda hope this happens, he deserves to get more exposure, espescially with how he's played lately, and playing for AZ in the Eredevisie isn't really gonna help him with that.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:22 pm
  • I just hope he goes to a club that plays him. Its more important to be on the pitch frequently than it is to be in a better league. He's going to need to be sharp for the world cup.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:55 pm
  • Liverpool have already been quite busy with some tidy deals. Aspas and Alberto both signed, and both VERY highly rated coming out of Spain, with Mignolet seemingly on the way for 11 mil. Seems a bit steep, and the reports are that Reina plans to stay. Not sure what to make of all that.

Mhkitaryan deal is being delayed because of third-party ownership of the player, and the talk of Papadopolopodopolopodous and Llori seems to have died down for now. We REALLY need help at the back. Hopefully once the Mhkitaryan deal is tied up, they focus on that back 4. Have to say though, loving the business done so far.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:44 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Liverpool have already been quite busy with some tidy deals. Aspas and Alberto both signed, and both VERY highly rated coming out of Spain, with Mignolet seemingly on the way for 11 mil. Seems a bit steep, and the reports are that Reina plans to stay. Not sure what to make of all that.

Mhkitaryan deal is being delayed because of third-party ownership of the player, and the talk of Papadopolopodopolopodous and Llori seems to have died down for now. We REALLY need help at the back. Hopefully once the Mhkitaryan deal is tied up, they focus on that back 4. Have to say though, loving the business done so far.

Definately a change in policy since last summer. I'm pleased with the additions and like the thought of Aspas replacing Assaidi, alberto replacing Shelvey and potentially Hk replacing the massive gap at CAM on this team. We need a proper CB in, I like Llori. I'm also fine selling Reina with Mignolet in.

Still, the biggest question is Suarez..... and if he goes who replaces him? Khiguian, jovetic?) Our summer is really wrapped around that bit of business
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 am
  • Smurf wrote:I just hope he goes to a club that plays him. Its more important to be on the pitch frequently than it is to be in a better league. He's going to need to be sharp for the world cup.

Jozys ready for the PL. He fits the mold of a Benteke or Michu type signing, played up top on a mid table team that's willing to play the game despite a lack of results. For me he could go to villa and replace Benteke (if he goes), join Fulham who desperately need a striker or even settle in at Southampton. All would be good fits.
    I will say that the dutch league is/was perfect for him. Those teams all train in the same attacking model as the dutch national team with a focus and purpose on free flowing, attacking, creative football. Its the same model Reyna and the USMNT have adopted for our system throughout. For Jozy the results are quite evident. He's deserved a move up, but that is a credit to the Dutch league
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am
  • Wanyama to Arsenal is the rumours. Think he would be a great fit there.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:54 am
  • Sky Sports has picked up on the Higuain to Arsenal rumors by claiming that representatives for the Gunners have traveled to Madrid to complete the deal. Liverpool also have officially confirmed their signing of Iago Aspas. And Arouna Kone has apparently expressed his desire to leave Wigan and join a new EPL club.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:55 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Wanyama to Arsenal is the rumours. Think he would be a great fit there.

I thought Southampton beat Arsenal and others to him, but now I'm hearing negotiations for personal terms broke down.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Wanyama to Arsenal is the rumours. Think he would be a great fit there.

I thought Southampton beat Arsenal and others to him, but now I'm hearing negotiations for personal terms broke down.

He's too good for Southampton, as much as people get starstruck about the EPL, who would want to play in a relegation dogfight and Championship next year. Cardiff are having difficulty signing players for the same reason. I'm thinking Arsenal or Liverpool. The guy has frightening potential.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Higuian to Arsenal makes some sense I just don't see it until RM haved moved on Bale/Suarez or other. Its not like they need to sell to buy. So right now just paper talk and connecting dots. I think its safe to say Higuian leaves and Arsenal make sense. United will too if Rooney goes As would Liverpool if Suarez leaves, although I don't think he would prefer that move

Waynama is leaving Celtic, which is a great step for him and as Glascow said a very promising talent. I read Liverpool have interest and could see a transfer plus sending a starlet from the academy back to celtic on loan (say shelvey, suso or even Ibe). The two clubs have a long standing relationship so who knows. Would love him
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm
  • Could Wanyama potentially be cover for Lucas or is he more attacking minded?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Higuian to Arsenal makes some sense I just don't see it until RM haved moved on Bale/Suarez or other. Its not like they need to sell to buy. So right now just paper talk and connecting dots. I think its safe to say Higuian leaves and Arsenal make sense. United will too if Rooney goes As would Liverpool if Suarez leaves, although I don't think he would prefer that move

The thing with Higuain is, that there are so many rumors right now about him, that something is gonna become confirmed at some point within the next few days, if not then it will happen within a week of the transfer window officially opening. I think the one thing that is actually delaying anything is the fact that Madrid is still looking for a manager. Higuain isn't a solidified starter at Madrid and I really doubt him leaving would be a death blow to Real, they're still gonna go after Bale or Suarez regardless.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:16 am
  • Gate, have to understand the transfer rumours. Most (up to 90%) are rubbish stories made up by journalists to bring traffic to their twitter or site or paper. Sure, there is some thought put forth (well RM wants a new striker and Higuian was behind Benzema so surely he's off.. which PL team needs an attacker?) But none of these people are truly in the circle that makes the request

Again, Higuian to Arsenal makes sense, (as it does for him to go to Dortmund Juve or even City/Chelsea) but RM isn't pushing him out the door without his replacement already in. Liverpool and Spurs are in position to sell (both Bale and Suarez are on long term contracts) so it would be madness to drop a top striker with the assumption one or both of those two are on their way. The rest is pure speculation and I warn you not to get your hopes up. The deal may indeed come off, but id be shocked if its before mid-late July. Remember both Bale and Suarez were all the rage two weeks ago but their speculation stopped driving traffic, so now we are onto Higuian, Cavani, etal

Thus is summer
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am
  • Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:18 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.

All this midfield and attacking talent is sure nice, but what defenders are we looking at? Anything besides Ilori, Papa, and Auderweild?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.

All this midfield and attacking talent is sure nice, but what defenders are we looking at? Anything besides Ilori, Papa, and Auderweild?

Do we need to look at others? I'm sure they have more on the radar, but don't forget we've a good crop of young lads coming up, with Jack robinson, Andre Wisdom and Flanno coming up, as well as the return of Martin Kelly. We have Agger and for the time being Skrtel. Coates is probably out, but if we got Llori and papa, I'd be chuffed.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:33 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Wanyama to Liverpool rumors appear to be gathering steam, from what I'm reading. Also supposedly a 20 million pound deal for Mhkitaryan is now almost done. We'll see.

Couple things here.. first Wanyama would add agreat deal of depth and grit to our central midfield defending he would also give us a chance to shift into a 4231 with a lead late on, keeping either Lucas or Hendo in reserve

The second is that BRs a pupil of the Cruyff 433. This has to be understood. To see his plan he (as Barca still do) is to use possession of the ball as a means of defending. The more we have the ball the less opportunities the other team will have its why Johnson and Enrique are still on the team, and why Llori and Anderweld make more sense as CBs than Pap
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 am
  • American midfielder Danny Williams has joined Reading FC.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 am
  • Juventus has supposed agreed to signing Man City striker Carlos Tevez. This will probably mean Juventus will halt their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain and Steven Jovetic. I'm not saying they will stop pursuing, but they might ease up on it though.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:29 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:Juventus has supposed agreed to signing Man City striker Carlos Tevez. This will probably mean Juventus will halt their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain and Steven Jovetic. I'm not saying they will stop pursuing, but they might ease up on it though.

Tevez for 12 million is good business... and I don't think that it hinders a team from going for Higuian or Jovetic
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Juventus has supposed agreed to signing Man City striker Carlos Tevez. This will probably mean Juventus will halt their pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain and Steven Jovetic. I'm not saying they will stop pursuing, but they might ease up on it though.

Tevez for 12 million is good business... and I don't think that it hinders a team from going for Higuian or Jovetic

Never said it would, but they might make other positions a higher priority now while keeping an eye on those two.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:50 am
  • No Gate, you said "probably" but Tevez isn't the answer to any question for a top CL competitive team any longer. Great squad player and depth off the bench. At 12 million a team like Juve can still afford to grab the top drawer sriker they surely need.

I like Juventus set up (in the 352). Tevez will give them some scoring punch but they really need a top talent up top more than anywhere else I like Jovetic going their, if Cavani goes somewhere else. I think Cavani is the striker all are waiting to seal off first. Once he's done the others will follow

Lots of teams to be in the mix for these strikers once the roll starts. Bidding wars to ensue.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 pm
  • Sounders relevant rumors:

Montero to sporting Lisbon in Portugal.

Kolorav to Seattle (far fetched imo)
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:15 pm
  • Smurf wrote:

No.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Smurf wrote:

No.

lol, i know....it was just a rumor.

He will probably end up at Juventus.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:46 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:No Gate, you said "probably" but Tevez isn't the answer to any question for a top CL competitive team any longer. Great squad player and depth off the bench. At 12 million a team like Juve can still afford to grab the top drawer sriker they surely need.

I like Juventus set up (in the 352). Tevez will give them some scoring punch but they really need a top talent up top more than anywhere else I like Jovetic going their, if Cavani goes somewhere else. I think Cavani is the striker all are waiting to seal off first. Once he's done the others will follow

Lots of teams to be in the mix for these strikers once the roll starts. Bidding wars to ensue.

Yes they can go for more strikers. Problem is, after adding Tevez, they now have 6 Forwards, add to that the 5 forwards they have out on loan, you gotta think someone's being sold/sent out on loan if they want go for another one. Do you ever think about that stuff when you try to claim that I'm wrong?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Lol...

Rumors are starting to get crazy....just stupid.

Robert Lewandowski rumored to fancy MLS with his prime choice being Seattle...I laughed way to hard at that one.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Lol...

Rumors are starting to get crazy....just stupid.

Robert Lewandowski rumored to fancy MLS with his prime choice being Seattle...I laughed way to hard at that one.

Okay, where are you finding these?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm
  • Twittah
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:20 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Lol...

Why even waste the energy to type this? Better yet who is the mental midget who conjured up this verbal diarrhea?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:42 am

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:16 am
  • Looks like Palace will be announcing there first 2 summer signings tomorrow!

Jerome Thomas - WBA- Free
    Dwight Gayle - Peterborough Utd - £3.25m + £1.25m add-on

That'll put the fear of god in the rest of the Premier league! :th2thumbs:
    Tellin it like it is!
    Blueboy
    NET Rookie

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:51 am

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am
  • Yes they can go for more strikers. Problem is, after adding Tevez, they now have 6 Forwards, add to that the 5 forwards they have out on loan, you gotta think someone's being sold/sent out on loan if they want go for another one. Do you ever think about that stuff when you try to claim that I'm wrong?[/quote]

Gate, of the 11 strikers they have, how many are world class? Liverpool has 15 midfielders and yet have added two and are bidding on three others

Do you think about these things before you start whimpering?

Also, the window is open, and I am, well, available

Let the bidding war begin[color=#BF0000][/color]
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 am

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information