2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I figured this would be as good a place as any to do some transfer rumors and discussions here for the summer leading up to the 2013-14 season opener in August.

The interesting stories I've seen recently are:

- Begovic being opened to a move to Liverpool.
- Benteke saying he's opened to a move to Arsenal.
- Arsenal appearing to be on the verge of signing Ashley Williams and willing to pay £200k-a-week in order to lure Wayne Rooney away from Old Trafford (I'm thinking the first is way more likely).
- Cardiff will attempt to sign Swansea striker Danny Graham.
- West Ham on the verge of completing a permanent move for Andy Carroll.
- Romelu Lukaku is opened to a Loan move to Borussia Dortmund.
- According to the AS Monaco team website, they've completed a double transfer for Porto teammates Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez.

Anymore rumors you find, feel free to post them on here.

Dren

Reaction score
Rumor has it that Santos has accepted two offers for Neymar, but they won't say which teams offered.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Dren":23ony65y said:
Rumor has it that Santos has accepted two offers for Neymar, but they won't say which teams offered.

Id be surprised if it was anyone other than Barca and Madrid.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3ns3wl72 said:
Dren":3ns3wl72 said:

Id be surprised if it was anyone other than Barca and Madrid.

The consensus seems to be that Barcelona is one of the 2.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Remember that nothing is official until the clubs themselves confirm it. Until then everything is guesswork.

Brithawk

Reaction score
I'm sure you'll all be glad to know Wrexham are sniffing around a new striker, likely to be Ashley Barnes-Homer or Damien Reeves

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
In a deal that surprises nobody and fails to muster up any chatter, Danny Wilson now a permanent member of Hearts.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Kolo Toure signs for Liverpool on July 1st, decent player, past his best though maybe and not the kind of signing the Liverpool fans will be wanting.

Dren

Reaction score
Falcao is rumored to be signing with Monaco soon. It would be interesting to see if this club rises through the ranks so quickly.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Dren":2ep9wj7h said:
Falcao is rumored to be signing with Monaco soon. It would be interesting to see if this club rises through the ranks so quickly.

This sucks for Atletico Madrid cause they came so close to disrupting the stranglehold Real and Barca had on the Top 2 places this year.

Blueboy

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3g6fq8y8 said:
Blueboy":3g6fq8y8 said:
Kolo Toure signs for Liverpool on July 1st, decent player, past his best though maybe and not the kind of signing the Liverpool fans will be wanting.

Disagree. this is good business, Carragher direct replacement. Veteran leadership and experience at the back. Skrtel looks to be going, and probably Coates with him, so we need at least 2 younger, imposing CBS and probably a LB in this window, as well as another winger to replace Assaidi and Downing, both of whom should be gone.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a decent player, just thought they would've set there sights higher. I thought I saw them linked to another Greek CB, name escapes me now.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
For the record he is free, so whatever they get out of him is positive. Is Toure world class? No of course not, but he could start against the bottom half of the table without any issues I believe.

We are setting our sights higher with the rumor of Papadopoulus (sp) a young imposing CB with room to grow. Just a squad depth signing and nothing to get too worked up about.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
So what does everyone, especially the Liverpool supporters think of Begovic? Apparently a possible replacement for Reina if Barca becomes too tempting.

I think he's a younger, cheaper option that has room to improve as far as Reina who is older, more expensive and likely to decline.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Well I'd happily have Toure at Palace!

Kyriakos Papadopoulos, that's the guy I saw Liverpool linked with, never seen him play so know nothing about him.

Begovic is good and i'm surprised Arsenal aren't sniffing around him.

Also saw today that Liverpool are going to sign Matěj Vydra, looked good on loan at Watford this past season.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Blueboy":1yikjeud said:
Well I'd happily have Toure at Palace!

Kyriakos Papadopoulos, that's the guy I saw Liverpool linked with, never seen him play so know nothing about him.

Also saw today that Liverpool are going to sign Matěj Vydra, looked good on loan at Watford this past season.

Good to see the Palace contingent in this thread and hopefully future ones.

I hadn't seen any of Papadopoulos until we were linked with him and then scoured YouTube. In my extremely amateur assessment he seems like a natural aggressive defense first defender who seems a little awkward with link up play and long passes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Papa is (or will be) on the same level as a Hummels, Subotic or Vidic. Imposing, quick and strong. Pair him with Agger and youve got one of the best cb pairings in the PL.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it, if anything. If he comes, i'd imagine we would sell Skrtel and go in for another young CB as our 3rd/4th option. I like the Toure signing in that it gives the group stability, leadership and maturity, especially for cup ties or when Agger has is annual 2 week injury holiday. Still, even with Papa, the group needs one more strong cb. Whether they go and get one or see if Kelly/Wisdom/Coates are up for the job is anyones guess at the moment.

Atleast we're finally clear of the Ashley Williams talk. that had me worried.

edit: looks like Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo is in as well. Interesting. 26, international, pacey, strong wide player. Almost like a Spanish Bellamy. Could signal the clubs intent with regards to Downing (or perhaps Coutinho at CAM)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Blueboy":o68eav68 said:

From what I've heard Arsenal are more interested in Sunderland keeper Simon Mignolet.