One wrong being corrected in the NBA

CANHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":r0e9gqsx said:
Pelicans should be the Louisiana Swamp Things

They could have called them the New Orleans Mardi Gras Gropers and it would have been better than Pelicans. What the shit were they thinking....?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Bobcats - God what a stupid fing name. "Look at me, I'm a Bobcat!" And the Baltimore Ravens too - they called them that because Poe was from Baltimore - they should've called them the Baltimore Conquerer Worm.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That's great. So when is the "Jazz" name going back to New Orleans? That wrong hasn't been righted yet and should be.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawkfan68":28dqe69b said:
That's great. So when is the "Jazz" name going back to New Orleans? That wrong hasn't been righted yet and should be.

People forget the Jazz even exist, so probably never.

pehawk

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about? When I think about Jazz, Soul, hip hop, I think Utah.

You guys are trippin.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Pelicans. LOL. That has to be the worst joke of a team name in all of pro sports. In the history of pro sports. How did that even happen??? Why not just name yourself the Fairies? Actually that wouldn't even be as bad. Pelicans is like one of those derogatory names nfl fans make up for their rivals.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Pelicans was on the short list because it's the state bird of Louisiana. Kind of like the Oriole is the state bird of Maryland so Baltimore named their team that. Personally, I wanted them to go with the Krewe which was also on the short list. Owner Tom Benson wanted to bring the name Jazz back but Utah refused to give it up.

Pstark3

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3agig8cf said:
Pelicans was on the short list because it's the state bird of Louisiana. Kind of like the Oriole is the state bird of Maryland so Baltimore named their team that. Personally, I wanted them to go with the Krewe which was also on the short list. Owner Tom Benson wanted to bring the name Jazz back but Utah refused to give it up.
Wtf? Seriously?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Pstark3":3jg5ma2f said:
SeatownJay":3jg5ma2f said:
Wtf? Seriously?

In other news Los Angeles has refused to give up the Lakers name. lol

chris98251

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1hwnp1s4 said:
Pstark3":1hwnp1s4 said:
SeatownJay":1hwnp1s4 said:
Wtf? Seriously?

Wait a minute, all those Lakes are still there in Los Angeles, they just covered them in concrete to preserve them for future generations. Minnesota had all theirs frozen over anyway when the Lakers moved.

Pstark3

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":38rk2qbd said:
Pstark3":38rk2qbd said:
SeatownJay":38rk2qbd said:
Wtf? Seriously?

Makes sense for them not to because of their history but the jazz have been pretty irrelevant for a while

pinksheets

Reaction score
Meh, weren't the Jazz only in NO for like 5 years, and they've been in Utah ever since? I doubt that brand or history means a whole lot to Nola b-ball fans (the few there appear to be), so the brand staying in Utah makes sense to me in that regard. It doesn't make sense to me in the sense that we know Mormons don't know shit about jazz.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't care about one thing the NBA did wrong, I care about THE thing the NBA did wrong...