Kevin Durant Still Reppin' Seattle

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Kevin Durant Still Reppin' Seattle
Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Kevin Durant Still Reppin' Seattle
Tue May 14, 2013 11:11 am
  • :th2thumbs:
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Tue May 14, 2013 11:23 am
  • I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.

The Players were under STRICT rules on not to talk to the media or say anything during the move. Collison was probably internally fined by Bennett for his words
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 am
  • Shaz wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.

The Players were under STRICT rules on not to talk to the media or say anything during the move. Collison was probably internally fined by Bennett for his words

Yep, this. And wasn't KD a rookie with minimal star power during the time this all went down?
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    Shaz wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I don't recall if he said anything originally at the time of the move, but that was the time to get behind Seattle. He could have demanded a trade if they moved,. went public with the fact that the Sonics needed to remain in Seattle, or a number of different things. If memory serves (and I probably don't remember all this nearly as much as all of you) Nick Collison was the only Sonic who even acted like he gave a damn.

Yep, this. And wasn't KD a rookie with minimal star power during the time this all went down?

I'm sure it was difficult for KD to really say anything given all the things that were going on, I don't blame him one bit
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue May 14, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Shaz wrote:

Yeah, and Durant had only been in the league for a year at the time and would have been... what... 20 y/o? He might have disliked the move, but at 20 I doubt he would have had the cojones to buck the system like that. Collison is a fair bit older and likely knew the score by that point. Durant was still getting his bearings...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue May 14, 2013 12:09 pm
  • I still have love.for KD and Collison. Collison has never been shy about his love for Seattle. Durant doesn't seem like he's too shy now about it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 am
  • I agree that Durant was too young and new to the league, to really push one way or the other. I think If it happened at this stage in his career, his response would have been a bit different. KD is mann and if the Sonics ever do come back, I want him on our team.
    "I just try to be the calm in the storm." - Wilsonism 101
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed May 15, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Wonder what Clay Bennett thinks about this...
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information