nick franklin

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
nick franklin
Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm
  • To the other 4 people who watch mariners games, I think Nick Franklin is my Russell Wilson of baseball. As in he came in as a new guy, short in stature, and has shattered expectations. The future is bright for him.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: nick franklin
Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 pm
  • Easy there dude. Ackley came rarin' in with his balls on fire as well before he went to shit the last half of last year and this year. Granted, I'm hoping for franklin to keep getting better like seager, but I'm not really expecting it.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 am
  • MissoulaHawkFan wrote:Easy there dude. Ackley came rarin' in with his balls on fire as well before he went to shit the last half of last year and this year. Granted, I'm hoping for franklin to keep getting better like seager, but I'm not really expecting it.

Yep. Until a Mariner young pup has a great ENTIRE season I will not get my hopes up.

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:39 am
  • KitsapHawk wrote:To the other 4 people who watch mariners games, I think Nick Franklin is my Russell Wilson of baseball. As in he came in as a new guy, short in stature, and has shattered expectations. The future is bright for him.

He's had a nice start to his big league career. ... but as for your comparison id say that's more Kyle Seager than Franklin

Nice to Smoak getting hits and taking walks. Little resurgence. And gutis back
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 am
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    MissoulaHawkFan wrote:Easy there dude. Ackley came rarin' in with his balls on fire as well before he went to shit the last half of last year and this year. Granted, I'm hoping for franklin to keep getting better like seager, but I'm not really expecting it.

Yep. Until a Mariner young pup has a great ENTIRE season I will not get my hopes up.

+2
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:00 am
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    MissoulaHawkFan wrote:Easy there dude. Ackley came rarin' in with his balls on fire as well before he went to shit the last half of last year and this year. Granted, I'm hoping for franklin to keep getting better like seager, but I'm not really expecting it.

Not even then because that just means he is closer to signing with another team for a whole lot of money.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:41 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:

Not even then because that just means he is closer to signing with another team for a whole lot of money.

Yep, if Franklin keeps this up, he'll be a Yankee within a couple years.

And Seager will be a Ranger.

But hey, at least the Mariners will get a couple of really highly rated prospects that will eventually turn out to be borderline poor/mediocre MLB players while Franklin and Seager go on to become All Stars.

That's just how the M's roll.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 am
  • Chapow wrote:

Yep, if Franklin keeps this up, he'll be a Yankee within a couple years.

And Seager will be a Ranger.

But hey, at least the Mariners will get a couple of really highly rated prospects that will eventually turn out to be borderline poor/mediocre MLB players while Franklin and Seager go on to become All Stars.

That's just how the M's roll.

Sadly, this usually covers it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information