we need everyone to sign (EVEN YOU SAC FANS) SONICS RELATED

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • So there is a petition out to try and get 96k people to sign, So Seattle can try and use it to push for a expansion team. So please tell everyone you know. Sorry if this has been posted.

http://www.change.org/petitions/nationa ... nsion-team
    Last edited by RealDeal on Sat May 04, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad

• ??? Who says if they get 96k signees then it guarantees an expansion team? You know that anyone can go on to change.org and create a petition, right? This isn't anything even remotely official.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I like the enthusiasm of the OP, but Peaches is right....... I support the efforts the get the Sonics back but the minute you lie (the 96,000 signature thing = guaranteed expansion team) you lose all credibility and hurt your cause! Anybody that knows anything about the little rat that is Stern knows this wouldn't phase him.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• No offense, but the NBA barely cares about billionaires with money and ties to the league trying to get the Sonics back here, and the "barely" only comes in because the NBA doesn't want to get dragged into court. This petition is so far beneath the NBA's radar that it may actually wrap around and have a positive effect on the issue, but I doubt it.

More than likely, Seattle will get the Sonics back in the next year or two, but petitions won't matter. Sorry.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Don't get me wrong, sign anything you like, my problem is the lie that you reach 96k sigs we are guaranteed expansion.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:Don't get me wrong, sign anything you like, my problem is the lie that you reach 96k sigs we are guaranteed expansion.

Who said that?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• I'm not seeing anything about a guarantee either.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• It was posted in the main Sonics thread. And like others have said, I think you're mistaken about the weight it carries
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information