So NBA player Jason Collins is gay.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Does anybody care? Good for him for having the balls to come public with it, but its too bad he had too. If youre straight, be straight. If you're gay, be gay. You don't have to announce either one to me.

I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... out-as-gay

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
JSeahawks":cl6qv3t9 said:
Does anybody care? Good for him for having the balls to come public with it, but its too bad he had too. If youre straight, be straight. If you're gay, be gay. You don't have to announce either one to me.

I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-o ... out-as-gay

Well hopefully one day we'll be there.

Where no one cares either way. But until that point, dude has some guts to step out. Good for him. :th2thumbs:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I don't think its big news because he's gay, it's big news because someone finally broke the ice.

knownone

Reaction score
It's a non issue to me. Hopefully the media doesn't make it bigger than it is.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Nice to see so many fellow players supporting him. Gay people aren't going anywhere, it's time to stop expecting them to hide so that the mentally small people of the world don't have to "feel uncomfortable" with it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":sypbevy0 said:
Nobody cares. The bigger news is David Stern coming out as a giant douche.

He might be playing for the other team too.

But anyway, good for Collins, probably took a lot of courage, I'm sure we'll get some more athletes coming out now.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Contrary to the media saying so, he's not the first athlete to come out and say he's gay. Former OS DL and Packer Esera Tuala was open about being gay in the 90s.

I beleive most people dont honestly care about this, it's just the media trying to stir the pot. If a hawk came out today, it wouldn't change my view of him at all.

sprhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1twqy7x5 said:
Nice to see so many fellow players supporting him. Gay people aren't going anywhere, it's time to stop expecting them to hide so that the mentally small people of the world don't have to "feel uncomfortable" with it.

Growing up I heard so many adults say "we are giving up too much" and I wondered what they were talking about. Now that I have kids and am older I understand and can see the trend and where it is leading. The future isn't going to be a pretty place for our children.

There are many things that people used to consider "wrong" that have become "alright". While some of those things may not have been as wrong as others it has changed our quality of life.

A bolt is made for a nut, you can't hold anything together using 2 bolts, or 2 nuts. If your selling one without the other, sorry, but no matter what you say, I ain't buying.

Gay people want acceptance so they can deal with thier guilty consience. We all make choices in life and we all have to live with the consequences. I see no reason why anyone should accept something they consider to be wrong. To me the issue couldn't be any clearer and I find it disturbing reality of the state of our society. Reality people, get there

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2o8pbpgx said:
Seahawk Sailor":2o8pbpgx said:
Nobody cares. The bigger news is David Stern coming out as a giant douche.

He might be playing for the other team too.

But anyway, good for Collins, probably took a lot of courage, I'm sure we'll get some more athletes coming out now.
Yeah, ha ha. Stern has kind of got that big fat bottom, J. Edgar Hoover, vibe goin.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
sprhawk":3b034n8b said:
Hawknballs":3b034n8b said:

Growing up I heard so many adults say "we are giving up too much" and I wondered what they were talking about. Now that I have kids and am older I understand and can see the trend and where it is leading. The future isn't going to be a pretty place for our children.

There are many things that people used to consider "wrong" that have become "alright". While some of those things may not have been as wrong as others it has changed our quality of life.

A bolt is made for a nut, you can't hold anything together using 2 bolts, or 2 nuts. If your selling one without the other, sorry, but no matter what you say, I ain't buying.

Gay people want acceptance so they can deal with thier guilty consience. We all make choices in life and we all have to live with the consequences. I see no reason why anyone should accept something they consider to be wrong.
What about two bolts and four nuts?

sprhawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2vwe00hv said:
What about two bolts and four nuts?

Now your talking a whole other ball game (pun intended)

I say upfront that it is extreme but pedofiles have to live in hiding too and guess what they don't think they are doing anything wrong either.

Spounge84

Reaction score
CPHawk":2b9w26d6 said:
Contrary to the media saying so, he's not the first athlete to come out and say he's gay. Former OS DL and Packer Esera Tuala was open about being gay in the 90s.

I beleive most people dont honestly care about this, it's just the media trying to stir the pot. If a hawk came out today, it wouldn't change my view of him at all.

The difference is that Tuaolo came out after he retired, Collins is the first athlete to come out while still active.

KK84

Reaction score
What the hell is the nba? First currently active openly gay athlete doesn't count if its in a league that doesn't exist

Shock2k

Reaction score
Does anyone really care? I think most reasonable folks have better things to do in their life then worry about if somebody's gay.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Threads like this are perfect for updating my ignore filter.

Good for him, and I'm glad he did. It may seem like not that big a deal to people who live on the West Coast, which I think speaks to the progressiveness of the region in general, but leave coastal Washington/Oregon/California and you'd be surprised.

Maybe someday it genuinely won't be an issue and won't need to be announced, but for now, it's a pretty big milestone for professional sports.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hmm, according to some post here, an active professional athlete coming out as gay is a big deal to some.

I think it's great, bigots are losing this battle and this 'should' not be a big deal but it is as long as people care about what sexual behavior others practice.

sprhawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":30my2u5z said:
Hmm, according to some post here, an active professional athlete coming out as gay is a big deal to some.

I think it's great, bigots are losing this battle and this 'should' not be a big deal but it is as long as people care about what sexual behavior others practice.

Just like with everything if it doesn't affect you why care right? Nice attitude maybe someday you might care about someone other than yourself. My brother was lured and almost molested by a gay man who tried to get him drunk. My brother introduced him to baseball and the famous Wilson line of bats.

Crazy people are only a little step below gay people imo. Dig a little into any gay person you know and you'll uncover the truth. Almost all of them had a childhood molestation occur. What makes it worse is they become convinced that if they can get others to accept them it will make it better. Sounds like a disease to me.

I hope no one ever has to deal with reality of effed up people but to support them isn't cool.

vedthree

Reaction score
sprhawk":1zpxnfm6 said:
I hope no one ever has to deal with reality of effed up people but to support them isn't cool.
Great, that's why I'm taking your advice and adding you to my ignore list. It's a sad fact that small-minded bigots like you will always exist, but hopefully in another 10 years or so society will have evolved and left you as the small fringe minority you deserve to be.

Latest posts