So NBA player Jason Collins is gay.

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: So NBA player Jason Collins is gay.
Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 am
  • pehawk wrote:If he's the top, does his partner have to start with a PG or something? I'd assume you have to work your way up to a 7'? There's got to be a gateway partner in these situations.

"Jason, sweetie, can we start with Nate Robinson coming over for a night, first?"

I think it's the opposite. He'd start with Hasheem Thabeet and work his way down. Start with what you know, then gradually work your way out of your comfort zone. Nate Robinson is the end result, not the gateway.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:He'll play next year. He's 7'. It may take an injury or two, but he'll play.

He may have just assured himself a spot on the roster with this move. Teams will be falling over themselves to be the first team with an openly gay player. Well played, Jason Collins....well played.

I was thinking this the other day as well. Coming out now may have extended his career, not ended it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:If he's the top, does his partner have to start with a PG or something? I'd assume you have to work your way up to a 7'? There's got to be a gateway partner in these situations.

"Jason, sweetie, can we start with Nate Robinson coming over for a night, first?"

I think it's the opposite. He'd start with Hasheem Thabeet and work his way down. Start with what you know, then gradually work your way out of your comfort zone. Nate Robinson is the end result, not the gateway.

Hmmm, it would appear we've reached a genuine disagreement here. We need an expert to put this to rest.

Can you contact that bear, Zeb?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am
  • It's based on shoe size I believe
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:If he's the top, does his partner have to start with a PG or something? I'd assume you have to work your way up to a 7'? There's got to be a gateway partner in these situations.

Hmmm, it would appear we've reached a genuine disagreement here. We need an expert to put this to rest.

Can you contact that bear, Zeb?

Yeah, I'll hit him up. If anyone can sort us out on this issue, it's him.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 am
  • Wingspan is important for the bears, too short of arms eliminates the reach around.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:01 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote: Seems like the only way it "creates a tough spot" is for people who are uncomfortable around homosexuality. That's on them, isn't it?

I can see what you are saying but not in real life. The owners have so much money, power and people loving up on them for all the good they do...the LAST thing anyone of them wants is their named dragged through the mud. That is why companies have so many different levels of managment however only one guy at the top is really in charge.

Church and Golf
    The owners have so much cash and so little time left in life that all they want to do is give and play!
    This topic will be laughed at the club house and questioned at church (even though nobody should judge)
    These two areas can be everything to these owners! They are unwilling to have one pawn create a joke at the owners expense in the locker room at the club house....aint going to happen!

Clemons said it was bad for the team, in real time it puts one guy above the rest (Think Tebow). He knows and lives through it. We can't question someone who is walking in his shoes without looking blind.

Sales will go down. Jokes will go up. Nobody wants to be the butt of a joke...the team who picks up a gay is DONE!
    Fans are no joke, they will bring the heat to the whole team. ALL DAY, would you want that? Nobody wants to deal with other people's crap. You think the locker room will be a sweet place for him after getting the team cussed out everytime they walk out?

Like Clemons said, its selfish to "come out" and I think the gays understand that - so they don't.
    Last edited by Spokane on Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 am
  • I strongly disagree with your perception, Spokane, but you've taken pains to present it in a reasonable light so I'll try my best to respond in a reasonable light.

Clearly there is going to be some difficulty for the first gay player and the first team with an openly gay player. In my opinion, this is absolutely no different than the first black player and the first team with a black player. Was that 'selfish' because race was brought into the sport? Or was that a wholly positive thing for the sport in the long run? I would argue the latter. Fear and hatred of homosexuality in the public at large should not be a reason for players to feel they need to hide the fact that they're gay, and while I don't think that a player's homosexuality should be newsworthy, it currently is. And it won't stop being newsworthy until we stop making the same heteronormative assumptions.

So while I agree that it will cause some difficulties in the short run, that doesn't mean that in the long run this isn't a battle worth having. I'm glad he's out. I hope he lands on a team, because this is a fight worth having.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 am
  • Having the first black player was a big issue, so is the first openly gay player. I hope Collins gets signed. That way the step has truly been taken and we are a lot closer to the goal, which is the point where this will be a non-issue. Collins will be remembered as an important man, and rightly so.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote: Seems like the only way it "creates a tough spot" is for people who are uncomfortable around homosexuality. That's on them, isn't it?

I can see what you are saying but not in real life...

So a gay athlete should pretend to be straight until he is out of the league? He isn't allowed to engage in an open romantic relationship while playing?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Spokane wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote: Seems like the only way it "creates a tough spot" is for people who are uncomfortable around homosexuality. That's on them, isn't it?

So a gay athlete should pretend to be straight until he is out of the league? He isn't allowed to engage in an open romantic relationship while playing?

Naw, man. two dudes kissing? GROSS!
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 am
  • jkitsune wrote:I strongly disagree with your perception, Spokane, but you've taken pains to present it in a reasonable light so I'll try my best to respond in a reasonable light.

Clearly there is going to be some difficulty for the first gay player and the first team with an openly gay player. In my opinion, this is absolutely no different than the first black player and the first team with a black player. Was that 'selfish' because race was brought into the sport? Or was that a wholly positive thing for the sport in the long run? I would argue the latter. Fear and hatred of homosexuality in the public at large should not be a reason for players to feel they need to hide the fact that they're gay, and while I don't think that a player's homosexuality should be newsworthy, it currently is. And it won't stop being newsworthy until we stop making the same heteronormative assumptions.

So while I agree that it will cause some difficulties in the short run, that doesn't mean that in the long run this isn't a battle worth having. I'm glad he's out. I hope he lands on a team, because this is a fight worth having.

Yes the first of anything is tough and controversial! The key to this whole topic is that the media wants this to happen not the sports world. Everybody and their dog are hush hush on this topic from the teams, but ESPN is pulling up statements from a free agent. The teams know that this would be a bad thing, or else why not talk about it?

The BIG idea out there is the moment that a team says yes to a gay, they are forcing the fans to pick between the Bible and supporting that players actions. If the concern is true the owners know It will be a ghost city in the stands. That idea may seem like a small issue to you but I believe the owners have done the research and put the muzzle on!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am
  • Spokane wrote:

I can see what you are saying but not in real life. The owners have so much money, power and people loving up on them for all the good they do...the LAST thing anyone of them wants is their named dragged through the mud. That is why companies have so many different levels of managment however only one guy at the top is really in charge.

Church and Golf
    The owners have so much cash and so little time left in life that all they want to do is give and play!
    This topic will be laughed at the club house and questioned at church (even though nobody should judge)
    These two areas can be everything to these owners! They are unwilling to have one pawn create a joke at the owners expense in the locker room at the club house....aint going to happen!

Clemons said it was bad for the team, in real time it puts one guy above the rest (Think Tebow). He knows and lives through it. We can't question someone who is walking in his shoes without looking blind.

Sales will go down. Jokes will go up. Nobody wants to be the butt of a joke...the team who picks up a gay is DONE!
    Fans are no joke, they will bring the heat to the whole team. ALL DAY, would you want that? Nobody wants to deal with other people's crap. You think the locker room will be a sweet place for him after getting the team cussed out everytime they walk out?

Like Clemons said, its selfish to "come out" and I think the gays understand that - so they don't.

You'd heckle a player for being gay?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    The BIG idea out there is the moment that a team says yes to a gay, they are forcing the fans to pick between the Bible and supporting that players actions. If the concern is true the owners know It will be a ghost city in the stands. That idea may seem like a small issue to you but I believe the owners have done the research and put the muzzle on!

This may be one of the stupidest things ever posted.

No, no one will force fans to pick between their dogma and supporting a team. Supporting a team doesn't mean supporting every single act committed or belief held by its players.

Do you support domestic violence and DUIs? Hope you weren't rooting for the Seahawks any time in the last few years, then. See how dumb that is?

The only people who will be truly affected by this are those folks who are small-minded. Everyone else should be able to handle it just fine.

By the way, Clemons' argument wasn't about the player being openly gay. It was about the media sensation around the coming out. That was the distraction he was talking about wanting to avoid. At least, that's how it read to me.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 am
  • It's not selfish for a gay player to come out. It's selfish of you to care that much about it.

This is how it should go:

NFL Player: "Hi, this is my boyfriend John"
    You: "Hi, John, so NFL Player, way to grab an interception for a TD last night!"

You want to try it with a straight player?

NFL Player: "Hi, this is my girlfriend Shananay"
    You: "Hi, Shanananananay? so NFL Player, way to grab an interception for a TD last night!"
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:It's not selfish for a gay player to come out. It's selfish of you to care that much about it.

You: "Hi, John, so NFL Player, way to grab an interception for a TD last night!"

You: "Hi, Shanananananay? so NFL Player, way to grab an interception for a TD last night!"

there is some merit to this (rather simple little hypothetical conversation)... while the ESPN generation (anyone over 30 to about 50 really) is consumed/concerned/falling over backwards to accept or reject the notion of a homosexual in sports, our children are growing up without the same reservations.
    While Collins step up might be lauded (or criticized) by an aging adult generation, it seems the kids of today just dont care.
    I may be off, but I just think that Collins stepped through a door that a decade from now wont even be something we look back on as "brave". That generation has already learned to accept it (popularly atleast).

Or am I off?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Spokane wrote:

Owners answer: Uh No.
    Who else really matters?
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:It's not selfish for a gay player to come out. It's selfish of you to care that much about it.

This
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:It's not selfish for a gay player to come out. It's selfish of you to care that much about it.

there is some merit to this (rather simple little hypothetical conversation)... while the ESPN generation (anyone over 30 to about 50 really) is consumed/concerned/falling over backwards to accept or reject the notion of a homosexual in sports, our children are growing up without the same reservations.
    While Collins step up might be lauded (or criticized) by an aging adult generation, it seems the kids of today just dont care.
    I may be off, but I just think that Collins stepped through a door that a decade from now wont even be something we look back on as "brave". That generation has already learned to accept it (popularly atleast).

Or am I off?

Each generation is generally more accepting, but only because the media takes steps to show all sexuality, genders and races as equal. The big story is when a major superstar comes out as gay. Not that there is necessarily one as there are only a few superstars it might not be for awhile.

If it's not a big story to you, that's a good thing. But it is a big story and will be for awhile. Sexuality is something most of us don't understand. You don't necessarily see the differences in sexuality unless it's openly presented to you. I never remember watching Jason Collins and thinking he's gay however it was obvious he was black.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Yes the first of anything is tough and controversial! The key to this whole topic is that the media wants this to happen not the sports world. Everybody and their dog are hush hush on this topic from the teams, but ESPN is pulling up statements from a free agent. The teams know that this would be a bad thing, or else why not talk about it?

I don't think it's at all true that the 'sports world' doesn't want this to happen. There's plenty of outspoken athletes and owners who have strong feelings on this. I don't think teams 'know' this would be a bad thing - that statement alone implies that, objectively, this is a 'bad' thing. I don't see how confronting bigotry is a 'bad' thing. It's a scary thing, sure, but those two words are not synonymous.

Someone else has already pointed out how bizarre the 'Bible or team' argument is, and if you honestly think a team will fail economically because a single player on it is gay, I think you're wildly over-estimating the percentage of people who are fervent enough in their anti-gay beliefs, particularly enough to REFUSE to support a team with a single player on it who does something they disagree with.

I also am not sure what 'research' you're talking about. I'm honestly not sure you know what you're talking about. There's no 'research' that the owners could have done. They haven't 'polled the audience.' People are afraid, and that makes sense.

I get the impression that you have very strong reservations about an openly gay athlete, and I respect that you're trying to present them in a well-reasoned way, but I honestly cannot comprehend the words you are saying. They don't make sense to me. They are laced with an assumption that, fundamentally, having an openly gay active athlete is bad or disruptive. I understand that you separate this from your belief of what a person should be allowed to do on their own time, and I respect that distinction. I think you're trying to communicate that you have misgivings about this issue but that you think gay people should be allowed to do whatever they want behind closed doors, which is different than being 'anti-gay,' and I respect that. But I'm not sure I really understand the logic in your argument.

Go Hawks.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Spokane doesn't want big name players coming out because he doesn't want to face the reality that one day he too will have to do the same.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm
  • TL;DR Why is this thread 5 pages long?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Wed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:TL;DR Why is this thread 5 pages long?

Thanks for contributing.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 3:02 am
  • The bible angle is interesting in that the only place in the bible that openly states anything against homosexuality is Leviticus, which also forbids tattooing. If people were going to heckle a homosexual due to the bible, why not someone who has tattoos? It just seems that people pick and choose whatever from the bible that they think fits their belief and comfort level.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 4:37 am
  • I find it disgusting when people use the bible to justify their own bigotry. They are so insecure about themselves that they have to hide behind a book in order to display their hate. What they in fact do is put the blame of being a small minded little person on an entire religion, which is just wrong towards the decent loving people of the same religion. But the fact of the matter is, those people use money too, and that can be an issue to an NBA owner, especially in certain parts of the country. Hopefully Collins gets signed and the glass ceiling will be broken.

Edit: And I don't mean any of the participants in this discussion by that. Everyone has seemed very analytical, not raging emotional at all, which in typical for the type I described.
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 5:33 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Spokane doesn't want big name players coming out because he doesn't want to face the reality that one day he too will have to do the same.

LOL - First the guy is not a player with a team, or he would be cut. (Its why they can't find a gay on any team in any major sport today)
    Money is bigger to this guy then being gay (or He would have popped out before he was a street walker)
    So he is not a an amazing person, he just sold out to the media while he could.

Nosachawk doesn't want transgender folks to make it out cause he is a little concerened about his womans deep voice!

Word on the street is you don't have to defend something that is good...yeah 5 pages is to much.

Really - some street walker makes a gay comment and we are 5 pages deep. Tools of the Media man, tools of the media!

You would be blind if you don't think the bible people(same as owners) will not play a role in this...where else does it say that being gay is wrong? So who else would block any gay rights stuff.

Give me a real player that comes out and I will give you a real post, until then these street clowns do nothing but show people to stay in the closet.
    The ones that come out are done! Any word on any teams picking this guy or that one football player up yet? Nadda!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 5:49 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:TL;DR Why is this thread 5 pages long?

Yes I think we can all agree that 5 pages for some random dude's comment who used to play B-ball is way to long...but its the offseason, pointless crap makes it this far.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 6:25 am
  • BASF wrote:The bible angle is interesting in that the only place in the bible that openly states anything against homosexuality is Leviticus, which also forbids tattooing. If people were going to heckle a homosexual due to the bible, why not someone who has tattoos? It just seems that people pick and choose whatever from the bible that they think fits their belief and comfort level.

Some very good points in there!

I think we can all be less judgemental on someone's issues if we don't know them and they are far away.

I would think the difference is this guy's issues are being jammed in everyones face right now, so folks are forced to make a right now choice and will not think highly of the person screaming "GAY GUY PLAYS B-BALL" in their face.

Everything connects and everything is a seed. ***There is a reason why no one has came out, its not a good move!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 6:48 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    BASF wrote:The bible angle is interesting in that the only place in the bible that openly states anything against homosexuality is Leviticus, which also forbids tattooing. If people were going to heckle a homosexual due to the bible, why not someone who has tattoos? It just seems that people pick and choose whatever from the bible that they think fits their belief and comfort level.

Some very good points in there!

I think we can all be less judgemental on someone's issues if we don't know them and they are far away.

I would think the difference is this guy's issues are being jammed in everyones face right now, so folks are forced to make a right now choice and will not think highly of the person screaming "GAY GUY PLAYS B-BALL" in their face.

Everything connects and everything is a seed. ***There is a reason why no one has came out, its not a good move!

jammed in everyones face? or, you could simply ignore it. simple. those that want to make a point are taking an issue. the most telling part of this is that two days later its already moved off the front page.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 7:14 am
  • Its off the front page because it should have never been there. Street walker = no news value. They found a dude that was a has been and said do you want some cash, press and to talk to the president?

I was watching NFL live and this story is all they were talking about. So they are Jamming it everyehere.

I am just saying when you pull something from under the rug and keep showing it to everyone in the room - Someone will say something and you may not like it.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 7:16 am
  • Spokane wrote:Its off the front page because it should have never been there. Street walker = no news value. They found a dude that was a has been and said do you want some cash, press and to talk to the president?

I was watching NFL live and this story is all they were talking about. So they are Jamming it everyehere.

I am just saying when you pull something from under the rug and keep showing it to everyone in the room - Someone will say something and you may not like it.

Until the ice is broken, and eventually it happens more and more and THEN it's no longer news. Have to get past this part of it to get there, though.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 am
  • I don't think it should be a big deal, personally. I understand that it is because it's sort of a first. I do, however, think that the only reason this guy is doing it is to try to get on a team next year and make some money. Can't blame him, really.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu May 02, 2013 7:40 am
  • I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

At this point any post are agenda pushers

Really all has been said, So now we get to see how posts can be made into agenda tools.

Have at it boys

-out
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 7:43 am
  • Spokane wrote:I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

Really all has been said, So now we get to see how posts can be made into agenda tools.

Have at it boys

-out

As if that's not what you've been doing the entire time, jackhole. :roll:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

Have at it boys

-out

As if that's not what you've been doing the entire time, jackhole. :roll:

seriously.... what an ass
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 7:56 am
  • The guy who posts most to this thread complains about too many posts in this thread :D
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 8:04 am
  • Spokane wrote:I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

Have at it boys

-out

Truth. I felt the same way when Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of the bus. How dare some black woman push their agenda on the rest of us and cause a distraction for bus riders everywhere. Totally selfish. I mean c'mon, she didn't HAVE to choose to be black.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:I think its fair to say all has been said in this thread that needed to be.

Have at it boys

-out

Truth. I felt the same way when Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of the bus. How dare some black woman push their agenda on the rest of us and cause a distraction for bus riders everywhere. Totally selfish. I mean c'mon, she didn't HAVE to choose to be black.

SacHawk.... do you see this as that groundbreaking of an event? Ive heard some say that sports was the final frontier of acceptance for homosexuality. But whats interesting, is atleast on the front pages, is that its the same old religious criticism coming out, nothing (that ive seen) from the actual sports world about its impact on athletics.

Just interested in your thoughts as I feel like you and a couple others really see this as a major deal.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 8:58 am
  • That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane being obstructions to fairness and equality.

That's what matters.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 02, 2013 10:53 am
  • For the past decade or so, I've felt like American society has been split 50/50 on the issue. With the events of recent years, I think we've finally reached the tipping point - now it's more like 55%-60% support and 40%-45% oppose.

As a general rule, the people that oppose will ALWAYS oppose - there's really no arguing or changing their minds. It's like most other changes in society ... you wait for them to die off and be replaced by younger generations with different beliefs. They'll keep screaming loudly as they go, but eventually the voice gets quieter & quieter ....

I do think the Collins story is a big deal - not because of who he is, but because of the reaction it's been getting. I remember when Tuaolo & Ameaechi came out. Obviously, it wasn't a facebook & twitter world, so the stories didn't receive near the exposure - but the tone of the coverage was much different. They were treated more as outliers & oddities. The debate wasn't "will sports ever accept homosexuals", it was "will homsexuals ever be able to make it in sports" - a cruicial difference, because it clearly left the burden on the descriminated party. Acceptance was still in the minority.

With Collins, the attitude has been different - it's more like "okay, we know there's more and that they'll be coming out eventually too" and the pundits & players who have made negative comments have been called out and shouted down. So IMO, that just reinforces my belief society is past the tipping point and acceptance is becoming the majority.
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Have at it boys

-out

It's not an agenda, you're a bigot and your belief is 100% wrong.

/endthread

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane being obstructions to fairness and equality.

That's what matters.

I just ordered up 2 packs of .net tissue, just in case I started crying too.

And its closer to...

"That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane WHO DISAGREES WITH ME.

That's what matters."

Just think about your loving post on Tebow...Did they all show 100% fairness and equality?

Not even close...Man up, crying is for soft men. Did that guy jason they pulled off the street to say he was gay even cry for joy like this?
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane being obstructions to fairness and equality.

That's what matters.

I just ordered up 2 packs of .net tissue, just in case I started crying too.

And its closer to...

"That's the thing, i don't think it's a major deal. What i think is a major deal is people like Spokane WHO DISAGREES WITH ME.

That's what matters."

Just think about your loving post on Tebow...Did they all show 100% fairness and equality?

Not even close...Man up, crying is for soft men. Did that guy jason they pulled off the street to say he was gay even cry for joy like this?

I'm not a person of faith but I'm going to take a crack at this anyway.

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Pretty simple right? Who are you to pass judgment.

Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars, and give to God what belongs to God"

I take this to mean that you should follow the laws of the state, whatever they may be. Give your soul to God through worship.

Take both of those together and you get "Be righteous, follow the laws of the State (Caesar) and mind your own fucking business"

Sound about right?
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 pm
  • ^^^chuuuuch!

God gave us free will didn't he? At least that's what I was taught and how I choose to live, if someone isn't directly hurting you what the hell is the damn issue?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 02, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:^^^chuuuuch!

God gave us free will didn't he? At least that's what I was taught and how I choose to live, if someone isn't directly hurting you what the hell is the damn issue?

HIGH FIVE
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"
    Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars, and give to God what belongs to God"

Who are you to pass judgment?
    I am not judging. I am looking at the impact that Clemons said would happen, and trusting him. Its just not fair to the other players.
    like Clemons said...Its selfish. Its just one of many reasons why it does not happen. Tip your hat to the gays for knowing when to pipe down.

Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars
    Sounds like the taxes go to Caesar to me. You would think he hands out the law and would not need the law Rendered back to him.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Could be taxes, i assumed it was obedience in general.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged"

Who are you to pass judgment?
    I am not judging. I am looking at the impact that Clemons said would happen, and trusting him. Its just not fair to the other players.
    like Clemons said...Its selfish. Its just one of many reasons why it does not happen. Tip your hat to the gays for knowing when to pipe down.

Mark 12:18 "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars
    Sounds like the taxes go to Caesar to me. You would think he hands out the law and would not need the law Rendered back to him.

Much ado about nothing.

SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Winner!

Thats my point, this thread has been done! lets work on bringing the sonics back so I can go to my one game a year! I miss them!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu May 02, 2013 2:07 pm
  • So stop posting if Its done.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]