NBA Playoffs

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA Playoffs
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:33 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:The heat bench isn't bad. i just don't get why Spoelstra doesn't rotate them as much.

Agreed. Shard and Miller aren't too old to play 8 min a piece, stand at wing, and make their bigs play honestly.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:44 pm
  • It should never get to th point where they need to use 2 of the bottom 3 on their bench though, Bosh and Wade have been playing like bitches, Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson would ball them up right now.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:15 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:It should never get to th point where they need to use 2 of the bottom 3 on their bench though, Bosh and Wade have been playing like bitches, Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson would ball them up right now.

It shouldnt but when your 2 stars are playing like that, you have to.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:The heat bench isn't bad. i just don't get why Spoelstra doesn't rotate them as much.

Agreed. Shard and Miller aren't too old to play 8 min a piece, stand at wing, and make their bigs play honestly.

I think we'll see Miller in Game 7 tonight, but the reason you don't see the corpses of Miller and Lewis is because they can't guard ANYONE, and their 3pt percentage isn't SO much better than Battier, (who shot 46% from 3 for the season). Remember, Spoe watches practice EVERYDAY, I think he knows what he has. I've never been a huge fan of his, but his adjustments game to game in this series have been good. No surprise really, an NBA headcoach knows basketball.

On the other hand,

GO PACERS!!!
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm
  • So the Matt Hasselbeck of the NBA decided to show up and not screw up for no good reason at all, good job, Dwayne.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:58 am
  • The NBA is awful. This is the only professional sports league where every aspect of the game can be dictated by the refs, the pace, style, everything.

The dream team can barely beat Spain by 7 in the Olympics, yet Miami can blow out the Pacers in a series that was statistically dominated by the Pacers. In a game 7 where all 3 of the Pacers best players are in foul trouble from the start?

I'm glad we don't have a team... I can't stand this league.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:44 pm
  • Anywayyyyyyyy

I got the Heat in 6, what about the rest of you?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:12 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Anywayyyyyyyy

I got the Heat in 6, what about the rest of you?

I think the Heat in 6 is a pretty decent bet.

I really can't say who I think will win (yet). I feel like about 30 seconds into the game we'll know though. It's all about how the Spurs handle the Heat's pick and roll D, to me. Parker is small, so he could have trouble handling their hyper aggressive pick and roll defense but he's SO good, and so fast. More simply than that, can Mario Chalmers give Parker a hard time? And Norris Cole as well. I can't stand Chalmers offensive game but he's a really great defender. Cole is underrated as well, especially against an undersized Parker.

And of course - stopping Lebron. Leonard can't stop him alone, that's for sure. IF there was one team though that I thought COULD have a 9 man system to help slow down James it's the Spurs. We'll see.

I'm pulling for San Antonio. One last ring for Duncan.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Manu and Wade run into each other, and simultaneously injure themselves flopping around. Manu can be frustrating, but nobody is worse than Wade. The dude CAN'T shoot, and scores 80% of his points because he throws himself to the ground on every drive to the hoop.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:01 am
  • I hope Manu tears an ACL, and I'll take punishment from others for hoping it. Dude is a bitch, him and Parker, flopping around like fish outta water, can't stand the Spurs almost as much as I can't stand the Thunder.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:12 am
  • Heat in 5. Bosh returns for this series.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm
  • Spurs in 5.

Not Lebron's fault. I expect Wade to go down early in the series. Game 3 goes to the Heat, that's it.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:19 am
  • Bosh, you can drill that 3! Keep throwing it up, man!
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:25 am

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:57 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:The Spurs are pure class

Stop it, how?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:16 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:The Spurs are pure class

What?! Timmy Duncan is a neverending font of Thuggery.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:21 am
  • IMO they are the model team of this league, they prove over and over that small market teams can compete at the highest level, their front office always seems to make the right choices, the have the best coach in the game, they have a great system in place that the players all buy into, they retain their star players and let the headaches and players that don't buy in walk. They seem to have this aura that no player is bigger then the team, you never see them make big splashes in free agency, they just do what they do and thats win. Sure they don't win every year but they are always in contention.

Tim Duncan has been one of the best players for the last decade and a half, Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard, Ginobli could probably start for 15 teams in the league yet comes off the bench, POP is the best coach in the game yet somehow they all stay in little old San Antonio?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:29 am
  • I agree with that sentiment, but Ginobili needs to be slapped.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:34 am
  • Horrible move by Spo having LeBron on Parker at the end of the game. You have him chasing around the little French man and he's gonna be tired as hell on offense.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:36 am
  • I didn't have a problem with the way the heat played them at all yesterday, except for Bosh... What in the hell is he doing? It's Tim Duncan, one of the best players in the league, but he's not Roy Hibbert, get in there and mix it up with him!

That circus shot by Parker just cemented it, that game wasn't meant to be for the Heat. Amazing play though.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 am

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am
  • Throwdown wrote:I didn't have a problem with the way the heat played them at all yesterday, except for Bosh... What in the hell is he doing? It's Tim Duncan, one of the best players in the league, but he's not Roy Hibbert, get in there and mix it up with him!

That circus shot by Parker just cemented it, that game wasn't meant to be for the Heat. Amazing play though.

The interesting thing regarding how the Heat played was that in a lot of ways, the game went about as well as it could have. Turnovers will be huge. I think the Heat will find a way to force a couple more, but I think the Spurs can shoot better than 41% too.

This is shaping up to be a good series.

Throwdown, I understand why many people don't like Manu (and even as a Spurs fan he drives me insane with his shot selection) but I don't really see how you could have so much vitriol for Manu and none for lame ass DWade. At least Manu drives to the hoop LOOKING TO SCORE THE BASKETBALL all Wade does is pump fake and fall down. Easily my least favorite player in the league - although I would probably hate Manu if he wasn't a Spur (I kinda do anyway, but he's necessary). At the very least you gotta give me that those two floppers cancel each other out.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:12 am
  • Manu did it to my Sonics, too lol. Wade is a big flopper, big big big, but no ones a bigger flopper than Paul Pierce lol, I'm pretty critical of Wade, specially lately as he looks like an old man trying to fall...

It really just stems from the 2006 playoff series where Manu was falling for no reason.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:15 pm
  • I think my appreciation for the Spurs is a sign I'm maturing. Like, I mean that. I'm really bothered by this sudden rooting on of the Spurs.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:45 pm
  • Refs seem to be chipping in to help the cause.

Manu still a spaz.

Green gots some range.

69% from 3-pt range? Dude.

GSG.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I bet Tiago won't try LeBron like this ever again

3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm
  • That was an amazing block.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 am
  • unbelievably baller block. sheesh.
    hidn
    NET Starter

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:54 am
  • STUFFED.

By the way, I know you've had it for a while, but I love your avatar hidn. Great movie.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Are y'all witnessing this ass whooping? The Heat are getting whooped with a wet belt right now. Craaaaazzzyyyy!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:32 pm
  • Pretty nasty. Green and Neal were locked in. And Miller, but he's so accurate from three it gets annoying.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm
  • :(
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 pm
  • Jimmy Kimmel after the game is even more hilarious than the final score
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Love it when the Spurs get hot.

The Heat got their licks in game 2, the Spurs got it tonight, I expect the rest of the series to balance out and resemble game 1, which was a simply incredible basketball game.

I'm fine with the Spurs running away with this thing in 5, but the basketball fan in me wants some competitive basketball.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:06 am
  • Key thing of that game for me, a San Antonian.... Seeing the younger guys tearing up the Heat. Leonard, Green, Neal, Splitter not getting monumentally stuffed. Good stuff for future Spurs seasons.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 am
  • I was a huge David Robinson fan when I was a kid, and have stayed on the bandwagon due to Duncan and Pop. Loved watching them take the Heat down a few pegs last night and hope it keeps up.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 am
  • I wanna know how and when did Gary Neal decide he was Reggie Miller?

Anyone whos paid attention knows Leonard is a pretty solid to good player, could easily get better as his game matures, Green's had a career revival in San Antonio, Splitter is very solid.

Spurs player scouting and development has been friggin top notch for a long long time.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am
  • Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game and forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 am
  • knownone wrote:Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game, forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 am
  • knownone wrote:Does anyone think LeBron can figure out the Spurs defense? Popovich is taking LeBrons athleticism completely out of the game and forcing him to be a skill player and he doesn't have an answer. It's kind of striking that the best basketball player in the world, is passing on uncontested wide open 15 footers.

That same defensive scheme wont work in game 4 (I'm saying this as a Spurs fan) - but I don't think Pop expects it to either.

I love watching the Spurs, and for the last several years I have not been able to figure out why they're not more popular. The way the ball flies around, it's just a beautiful thing.

I have respect for James and (most of ) the Heat, but I can't stand watching their isolation game. So ugly.

Other observations:

I love Danny Green's jumper. freakin' beautiful.

Kawai Leonard has done an outstanding job defending Lebron. I have no idea how, and to less degree (because of less opportunities) Danny Green has guessed right when defending Lebron A BUNCH of times. So many times that it makes you wonder if he has some tendencies figured out.

And Leonard can rebound THE SHIT out of the ball. Dude is a small forward and is averaging 12 rebounds a game in the series. In game one, mostly guarding Lebron, Leonard had 10. Lebron had 18. Think about that for a second, two guys, matched up, grabbing 28 rebounds between them. Amazing. They must be absolutely battling down there.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 pm
  • HEYYYY WELCOME BACK BOSH AND WADE!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:18 pm
  • For some reason, I feel like these finals are rigged to draw this out to 7 games in order for the NBA to reap more profits.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:04 pm
  • Dont even care what y'all think about me, LETS GO REFS CHEAT THE SPURS!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:04 pm
  • Only way Heat can win. Go Zebras!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:06 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Only way Heat can win. Go Zebras!

Take it anyway I can get it, as long as I don't see Ginobili and his bald spot raising that Larry O'Brien.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:17 pm
  • lol I really hate Ginobili, how you guys can root for this clown is beyond me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:24 pm
  • My wife and I LIVE in San Antonio and we've been sitting here all series cringing and protesting loudly every time Ginobli touches the ball. 14 million should buy more than Manu has to offer.

That said, #¿§°* the Heat.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:27 pm
  • TravTex wrote:My wife and I LIVE in San Antonio and we've been sitting here all series cringing and protesting loudly every time Ginobli touches the ball. 14 million should buy more than Manu has to offer.

That said, #¿§°* the Heat.

I can understand your views on it, I'm just sitting here getting angry, he flopped like 3 times in 2 minutes lol
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:42 pm
  • D Wade might be point shaving, what in the hell was that
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:16 pm
  • im sorry but the refs in this game are sooooooooooooo slanted its not funny I know they want them to go to 7 but damn.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Won't be no game 7 in my eye, LeBron is practically playing with the Cavs again.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information