NBA Playoffs

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
NBA Playoffs
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 am
  • I wish the Nuggets were healthy heading into the Playoffs...I think they would've won the West.

Now?

The West is interesting for only two reasons; when will the Spurs fail and how many games does it take OKC to reach the Finals?

Similar in the East...I believe the Pacers are dinged up...and thats the one team that COULD'VE pushed the Heat.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: NBA Playoffs
Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:29 am
  • Miami Heat will be back in the finals most likely against OKC and beat them again. That is my personal opinion.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 am
  • Agree Man. But, before injuries, the Nuggets and Pacers couldve made noise. Those injuries made the playoffs seem like a formality.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am
  • Nuggets definitely could have made a run in West but Pacers unlikely. Pacers have size on Miami but they can't keep up with their pace and flow on the court. I believe Knicks are the only team which can give Miami a headache. Even with that in mind they can only do so if they shoot consistently and keep low number of turnovers.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 am
  • Good point on the Knicks. I forgot how well the match-up with the Heat.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 am
  • I dont think anybody can compete with the Heat in a 7 game series. I think they roll relatively easily.

I'm saying Memphis makes it out of the west, in an upset.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:00 pm
  • I think it's a rematch of last year.

The Clippers vs Memphis series should be good.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Warriors vs Nuggets could be another sleeper series.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm
  • I'll all in on the Lakers. Why? Why not!
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Warriors vs Nuggets could be another sleeper series.

Thats going to be a crazy fun one to watch.

The East has some pretty boring match ups, the only one I'm interested in watching is Brooklyn vs Chicago, of course I'll watch the Heat games because for some reason I mowzied my ass onto their bandwagon when I realized I was rooting for them as hard as I would my own teams.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:I'll all in on the Lakers. Why? Why not!

If they had Mamba, aka the Ray Lewis of hoops, I would be with you. But Pau and Dwight are pansies.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:19 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:I'll all in on the Lakers. Why? Why not!

If they had Mamba, aka the Ray Lewis of hoops, I would be with you. But Pau and Dwight are pansies.

I think if they could give the Spurs a run for their money IF they're willing to bang it out down low with them, and give that extra mile physically in the paint, I think ultimately D'Antoni will screw 'em over though.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:48 pm
  • Lakers have no shot. Denver were a matchup nightmare for the Thunder before the injuries. Memphis don't really bother the Thunder so much anymore.

I like the Knicks to take it to 7 with Miami in the East, with Miami Lebroning it out in the end. Miami beat the Thunder in 6 in the finals.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:17 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Lakers have no shot. Denver were a matchup nightmare for the Thunder before the injuries. Memphis don't really bother the Thunder so much anymore.

I like the Knicks to take it to 7 with Miami in the East, with Miami Lebroning it out in the end. Miami beat the Thunder in 6 in the finals.

You better hope you win, cuz when the NBA gifts Seattle Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker next years draft its OVER for you guys.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm
  • I agree, pehawk. The Nuggs were gonna take the West prior to the injury bug. It's likely going to be OKC coming from the west BUT Memphis isn't going to be an easy out, even though I think they'll struggle with LAC, and could possibly lose.

Out east. It's the Heat's playoffs to lose BUT I think that the team with the "best" chance to beat them is NYK. If those teams end up getting matched up the Knicks are the only team that has a any real chance, and I think it's relatively small. They could get hot though, and shoot their way past them ala the '09 Magic. Not likely to happen, but it could.

My favorite team out East is the Pacers. What injury trouble are they in? Something beyond Granger? I follow the NBA but not night to night, and I could have missed something. I think they're a great team, but (excuse the cross-sport reference ahead) they remind me of the 01' Mariners - or any recent Spurs team. GREAT regular season team, but you need a TRUE go to player at times in the playoffs - especially when the same team sees you for a week+ straight, and I don't think Danny Granger is it, (irrelevant now) and Paul George could be, but isn't quite there yet.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Indiana's bench is pretty inconsistant this year, but I think they pose more of a threat to the Heat than the Knicks do personally.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 pm
  • I really like Memphis but I can see them losing to the Clippers; pulling for the Lakers as I irrationally hate the Spurs though they are a very good and well coached team.

Think Thunder vs. Heat repeat is most likely.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 pm
  • lebron is looking unstoppable right now. i think they win back to back titles

hopefully someone can knock them off though
    Forty9ers
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 pm
  • Hopefully not! Rings for Rashard Lewis and another for Ray Allen! Heat are practically the defenders of all that's right in the world IMO, got 2 former Sonics chasing rings, not to mention GP got his ring in Miami, and they beat the Thunder in the finals last year.

Go Heat!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 pm
  • Love watching Steph Curry.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 am
  • f*** the nba...that shit's boring..and this coming from a black guy...let's get the real shit started...nhl baby!!
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 am
  • jack_patera wrote:f*** the nba...that shit's boring..and this coming from a black guy...let's get the real shit started...nhl baby!!

Why even bother posting this in this thread? This is for discussion about the NBA playoffs. It should go without saying that you should have at least somewhat of an interest in them before you post here. there are other threads where you could just generically discuss your feelings towards the NBA, but this isn't one of them.

Back on topic, I was glad to see the Dubs pull one out in Denver last night. That's a tough place to steal a W, and Stephen Curry is quickly becoming one of my favorite non-Thunder players. He's a delight for basketball purists and casual fans alike. Just makes plays and has delightful skill at the point. If they can pick up a really solid Center and a good 2-guard (Not buying Klay Thompson), then I think they could be a legit contender.

Heat are gonna roll. Bulls/Nets shouldn't be an interesting series, but because PJ Carlesimo sucks, it will be. Celtics are done. Knicks look really good. I Hate JR Smith, I think he's funny-looking, but damn can he play. Lakers are done. Had Kobe been healthy, I think they might have made a bit of a run, but without him they're dead in the water. I'll be watching the thunder tonight, natch. Have a feeling they're gonna sweep the Rockets. Clippers might sweep the Griz, which is unexpected for me. Can't count the grizzlies out, but Paul and griffin look to be dialed in right now. Hawks/Pacers should be a sweep for the Pacers.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 pm
  • I bet peaches pissed himself in little squirts tonight as James Harden went ape shit at every turn OKC had coming back.

Leggoooooooo Rockets!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm
  • ROCKETS!!!!!!
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm
    I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    vedthree
    * NET Sage *

Fri May 03, 2013 8:29 pm
  • MEMPHISSSSS!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I'm saying Memphis makes it out of the west, in an upset.

One step closer.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 pm
  • The more I watch Durant, the less I like him.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 am
  • AbsolutNET wrote:The more I watch Durant, the less I like him.

For whyfor? I think he's a terrific basketball player, and many agree.

I think if the Griz make it past the Thunder, they'll go to the Finals. I'm not confident the Thunder can beat them without Westbrook.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm
  • He's a fantastic player, a superstar. But he knows it, and he knows that the refs know it.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sat May 04, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Derrick Rose is a bitch, just sayin'
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Derrick Rose is a bitch, just sayin'

yep...

great performance by the Bulls
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat May 04, 2013 6:55 pm
  • What's the deal with Rose? I must have missed it...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:What's the deal with Rose? I must have missed it...

Was medically cleared to return 2 months ago. And has been playing 5 on 5 in practice since February. But is still milking his injury for all its worth and not putting himself on the court.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat May 04, 2013 7:02 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:What's the deal with Rose? I must have missed it...

Was supposed to be back from his injury about 2 months ago. Milking it for all it's worth. At least i'm assuming thats what Throw is talkin about here.

Yessir
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:What's the deal with Rose? I must have missed it...

Basically people are morons
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 am
  • Serisouly, i've smacked my head and given myself many concussions lately over people getting on this, like STFU!

Why people are criticizing him is well beyond me, though maybe they can understand Rose's body better than he does? It was still less than a year ago that he actually had the surgery. Look at his track record, guy has worn Chicago on his sleeve his whole life, i'm sure it's killing him not to be out there but he dosen't think he ready mentally for whatever reason and it's not my business. They'll be playing against the Heat which is totally different than just some 5 on 5 practices.
    (Also what the hell's the point, Bulls are a good team but realistically they have no chance, and Rose would have little effect after a year off.)
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Sun May 05, 2013 8:43 am
  • GCrow wrote:Serisouly, i've smacked my head and given myself many concussions lately over people getting on this, like STFU!

Why people are criticizing him is well beyond me, though maybe they can understand Rose's body better than he does? It was still less than a year ago that he actually had the surgery. Look at his track record, guy has worn Chicago on his sleeve his whole life, i'm sure it's killing him not to be out there but he dosen't think he ready mentally for whatever reason and it's not my business. They'll be playing against the Heat which is totally different than just some 5 on 5 practices.
    (Also what the hell's the point, Bulls are a good team but realistically they have no chance, and Rose would have little effect after a year off.)

I dont think i've ever heard of any player being medically cleared to play, and not playing, in any sport.

Whether he knows his body or not, the doctors know that field better then he does. He's getting paid millions and millions of dollars, if the doctors say its safe for him to play (and he's been playing for months in practice) dude shoudl be playing.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun May 05, 2013 9:54 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I dont think i've ever heard of any player being medically cleared to play, and not playing, in any sport.

Whether he knows his body or not, the doctors know that field better then he does. He's getting paid millions and millions of dollars, if the doctors say its safe for him to play (and he's been playing for months in practice) dude shoudl be playing.

Every person is different, and participating in practice and going up against the Heat after a year off are quite different. The guy wants to come back healed and better than ever. Why risk any setbacks in coming back early, namely in a series where they'll - likely - win 1 game at most? And I believe he's proven he puts the team over himself.

I do however wish he would just come out and say he will not play until next year, and end all this hoopla.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 am
  • Memphis is just GRIMY. Plus, they got QPon...what's not to love?

On Rose, I was on his side, until I basically saw the Bulls running me out there due to a lack of bodies. The bodies that were out there had AIDS related pneumonia, or something very similar. He lost me....
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 am
  • Oh, and I hate that whiny, opportunistic, pillow-biter Fisher.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Indiana is dope to watch, their hustle just can't be matched by the Knicks.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun May 05, 2013 5:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Indiana is dope to watch, their hustle just can't be matched by the Knicks.

True, love how physical they are...also Paul George.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2013 5:20 pm
  • Man the Bulls are gutsy. I know that's cliche, but they just are. An entire line-up of 7-8 guys, running with the Heat.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 pm
  • Lord, Nates gonna get paid this offseason.

I can't stand Joakim Noah though, so I'm pissed to see that clown win.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 06, 2013 5:52 pm
  • Hell yes! Bulls! Thibodeaux is one hell of a coach. Any other team that depleted would have been swept in the 1st round.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon May 06, 2013 5:53 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Hell yes! Bulls! Thibodeaux is one hell of a coach. Any other team that depleted would have been swept in the 1st round.

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm
  • Nate's one of my GOAT athletes. Peaches put a restraining order on me, after OKC acquired him.

I used to hate Noah, but I just can't anymore. The Cleveland rant the 49ers clown posted sealed it for me. Love the dude.
    Last edited by pehawk on Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Ol' wannabe Bone Thugs lookin mutha...

I want his baby teeth knocked out :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon May 06, 2013 6:00 pm
  • Don't make me think of Bones Thug, man. Frick, now I hate him.

I know you Graham boys LOVE Bones Thug, but on the Eastside, we don't/didnt allow dat.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information