NBA Playoffs

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA Playoffs
Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:29 pm
  • TravTex wrote:Y'all be happy. I'll be over here all wailing with despair.

Also... Danny Green. Dude. Why you gotta be hanging out at the fricking Heat after party?

Anyway, onward to the hoop off-season. Spurs need a combo guard who can score, and a big dude. What fate Ginobli? What's the market for Splitter? What's a realistic scenario? Jarrett Jack + Speights, Tyreke Evans + Dwight Howard? (Heh.)

Bellinari? Hell, he kinda looks like Manu...

I was already thinking myself that the Spurs should be looking at another Center and/or Power Forward with size. Another shooting guard for sure. Neal and Green have been good but I think they need more consistency and adding another body could at least push them. Cory Joseph is looking like he could definitely be a solid player but I don't think it would hurt to kick the tires on another back up point guard the Spurs front office feel could fit what the the team needs. I don't know who all will be available in free agency, and hopefully they will have a couple of good players fall to them in the draft.
    niveky
    NET Starter

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 pm
  • Yeah, it probably won't be a dramatic free agent splash move, because boring old Spurs. They'll get some relative unknown and turn him into a superstar in a few years. Fun to speculate, even though being a Spurs fan doesn't reward impatience or a taste for spectacle.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm
  • TravTex wrote:Yeah, it probably won't be a dramatic free agent splash move, because boring old Spurs. They'll get some relative unknown and turn him into a superstar in a few years. Fun to speculate, even though being a Spurs fan doesn't reward impatience or a taste for spectacle.

Yeah, but with the Spurs, they have proven that even if no one else thinks they are splash moves, everyone that matters notices when their team is on the court. Talking about the offseason....Splitter has really grown on me, and in the earlier rounds he did play some great basketball and has been a good player for them as he has grown into a role on the team....but the finals...ugh....I was yelling to get him off the court every time I saw him the last two games. I kept wishing they would put Blair instead of him if they had to spell Duncan.
    niveky
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information