Who you got for the PGA Masters Tournament

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • Conditions are bad out there this morning, a lot of bad scores, although Sergio would probably be tanking right now, regardless of the conditions. He's always been one of the most talented guys up there, but doesn't have it mentally to keep it together for four rounds of a major. Not that he's done or anything (I'd love to see him come back and be in contention on Sunday), but this is too predictable. Maybe it'll be good for him later on; his probably only chance of winning a tournament like this is if he's 4 stokes or so back on Sunday, playing 5-6 groups back, and puts up a good round while the leaders falter.

Dustin Johnson is looking beastly right now. It was just a matter of time for him.

The new cut rules may work against Tianlang (it's now top 50 and those within 10 strokes of the lead), he's at +3 for the tournament (currently T54 and 10 shots out of the lead) with two to go, but he has a very minimal margin of error. If he can play his last two holes at even, I would think he stands at a least a 65-70% chance of making the cut. It's hard to project how the late groups will do, especially since the conditions seem to be improving.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Woah, Tianlang did par his last two holes, in regards to strokes taken, but he was assessed on a one-stroke penalty on the 17th for slow play. You don't see that happen much. It'll be a real shame if he misses the cut by one stroke.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• ooh, DJ with a rough, to put it mildly close to his round.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• tigger charge is on...tied for 1st thru 9 at 5 under...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• Heck of a round by Jason Day. Still rooting for Freddie, though. Hope that back holds up.
    "Mastering others makes you strong; mastering yourself makes you fearless." --Lao Tzu-
    White Knight
    NET Rookie

• my boy made the cut
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

• It'd be really cool if Freddie could put together four good rounds. He was the 36-hole co-leader last year, but faded on the weekend. He certainly knows this course.

Among the guys with a realistic shot of winning, I'm pulling for one of Couples, Day, Scott, Cabrera, or Immelman. Couples or Cabrera would be especially cool, IMO. I'm assuming Langer isn't realistic, even though he's just four shots out. Another potentially great story if he does keep it up though.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information