Who you got for the PGA Masters Tournament

rastahawk

Reaction score
Hard to bet against Tiger at this stage. His form seems to be back and he's putting better than ever. You need to putt well at Augusta to win. Rory is showing some promise after all his struggles this year. But something about this tournament always favors a dark horse every now and then. Anybody can take it. There's a lot of talented guys out there and if someone gets hot its on. Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, Hunter Mayhan, Matt Kuchar, Lee Westwood... List goes on. So I decided to stick with some local guys. I say Phil Michelson or Ricky Fowler. My outside pick is Matt Kuchar.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see if Tiger's back. He sure seems like it, he found his putter again and he plays with an intensity that few can match.

OP
OP
rastahawk

rastahawk

Reaction score
Rat":2egu1z2m said:
I see Justin Rose taking this for his first major.

Yeah he's quietly in the running. I would I could swing like that guy. Watching him on the range is just pure beauty. Such an effortless and aesthetic swing. Speaking of pretty swings, don't count Adam Scott out.

Rat

Reaction score
I like Martin Kaymer as a dark horse pick. He has a great game for this course, he's faced down elite competition before, and I don't think I've ever seen a better clutch putter in all my years of watching golf.

I really think Robert Garrigus takes a major in the next year or two. I was thinking it could be this one, but he is really struggling after his hot start (although not to the extent of Brandt Snedeker). It wouldn't surprise me if he does pull it back together this week though. Golf can be weird like that.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anybody but Sergio. Can't stand that guy.

Looking at the 1st day leader board wouldnt mind Fred Couples or Ricky Fowler getting it done. Still rooting for, and expecting Tiger, to win it though.

OP
OP
rastahawk

rastahawk

Reaction score
It would be an amazing tournament for Guan Tianlang if he made the cut. But man he looks like he has a future in the sport. Interesting to see what's in store for the weekend. The fun really doesn't begin until the back 9 on Sunday.

GCrow

Reaction score
I'm now hoping Tiger, Rory and DJ will all be in the final 2 pairings come sunday, so the Trio of their blonde girlfriends will get maximum coverage.

GCrow

Reaction score
rastahawk":8kcyqcgu said:
It would be an amazing tournament for Guan Tianlang if he made the cut. But man he looks like he has a future in the sport. Interesting to see what's in store for the weekend. The fun really doesn't begin until the back 9 on Sunday.

I'm usually all in come Saturday afternoon, especially if Tiger or Phil are in the hunt.

Sergio, starting his - likely - slip? 2 over through 10 today.

Rat

Reaction score
Conditions are bad out there this morning, a lot of bad scores, although Sergio would probably be tanking right now, regardless of the conditions. He's always been one of the most talented guys up there, but doesn't have it mentally to keep it together for four rounds of a major. Not that he's done or anything (I'd love to see him come back and be in contention on Sunday), but this is too predictable. Maybe it'll be good for him later on; his probably only chance of winning a tournament like this is if he's 4 stokes or so back on Sunday, playing 5-6 groups back, and puts up a good round while the leaders falter.

Dustin Johnson is looking beastly right now. It was just a matter of time for him.

The new cut rules may work against Tianlang (it's now top 50 and those within 10 strokes of the lead), he's at +3 for the tournament (currently T54 and 10 shots out of the lead) with two to go, but he has a very minimal margin of error. If he can play his last two holes at even, I would think he stands at a least a 65-70% chance of making the cut. It's hard to project how the late groups will do, especially since the conditions seem to be improving.

Latest posts