Let's Talk Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Let's Talk Mariners
Mon May 20, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Bullpen strikes yet again...
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm
  • We could really, really use Stephen Pryor and Josh Kinney returning from the DL :\
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 pm
  • I just don't think we'll get much of anywhere until we can get our bottom 3 starting pitchers to not give up 4-5+ runs a game. Obviously our top 2 pitchers aren't going to be perfect every outing. We need the other pitchers to fill in the gap.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 am
  • Wow the bartender really chocked this game away.... had the game in his glove and dropped it
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 am
  • The umps in the last two games were really squeezing our pitchers. Tom threw several strikes that were practically in the middle of the plate and were called balls. I wonder if the Indians have some sort of umpire fund going on.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 7:20 pm
  • yeah, it feels like we went from possible contention to season over in a week lol

do we really have no better options than Aaron Harang? just call up one of our supposedly good prospects and give them a shot, cant be any worse.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..

Yup. Saaaame here.
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.

Never fails :34853_doh:
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 am
  • Our bottom 3 starting pitching situation is looking really bad...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Our bottom 3 starting pitching situation is looking really bad...

You understated it just slightly.

THEY SUCK!! :cry:

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 23, 2013 10:22 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:

Never fails :34853_doh:

2 more to the Angels and now 6 losses in a row. This season's collapse is in full swing. Same old Mariners......get close to .500 and go on a long losing streak to relieve the pressure of actually being decent.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am
  • Well another Mariners season come and gone, at least we have OTA's to talk about, but I seen this coming before April since we didn't see any stand out improvement from last year and insert another player in a lineup and let him get his feet wet was still the mantra of the organazation.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am

Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 am
  • It wouldn't be so damn depressing if Texas wasn't - yet again - leading the league in wins. 10 games back and nearly June is a big hole to climb out of.

Good news? The A's and Angels have had their fair share of lowlights this season, same as us. The battle for 2nd place ensues and I still have some faint hope...
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:we will keep you posted on how they do :D

We won't need to. They'll lose their usual 90-100 and he already knows that.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.

This usually occurs at the end of the season and tends to give us a glimmer of hope for the next season...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 am
  • We're on a 6 game win stream, woooo
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 am
  • We need to trade for this guy. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat May 25, 2013 10:23 pm
  • First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.
    Second game I go to: Someone jacks my Felix bobblehead out from under my seat after plopping down in the seats behind me for a few minutes.

And that game sucked.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun May 26, 2013 8:36 am
  • pinksheets wrote:First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.
    Second game I go to: Someone jacks my Felix bobblehead out from under my seat after plopping down in the seats behind me for a few minutes.

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sun May 26, 2013 12:56 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.

And that game sucked.

Sounds like the Mariners don't want your business!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun May 26, 2013 3:23 pm
  • Man, I love Raul Ibanez. So clutch.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 am
  • Churchill is hearing Ackley down to AAA and Franklin coming up. He's doing a chat tomorrow on Prospect Insider at 7, where he's supposedly going to answer my question of where Ackley fits if Franklin sticks. I'd imagine Ackley could move to the OF if/when he comes back up from AAA. Supposedly more moves coming, he says something will be happening with starting pitching. Who knows what that will be. Paxton won't be up until later in the summer at the earliest IMO, Walker obviously won't be coming up to the majors, and Hultzen is still dealing with some sort of injury. Hirang and Saunders both warrant replacement, but I don't see an option right now that's going to dramatically improve things. I'm happy with them letting Maurer ride out some of the ups and downs.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 2:11 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.

I was thinking the whole game, too, "If I see some kid bawling his eyes out over not getting one, I'll just toss him mine," because I really didn't even care or expect to get one, I just happened to stroll through the left field gate which had basically no line. Just a funny juxtaposition with the events that actually transpired. I'm not going to get upset over a hunk of plastic, but man, I got into a bad mood after that just thinking how low people can go for basically any little tiny thing they want.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 9:41 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Churchill is hearing Ackley down to AAA and Franklin coming up. He's doing a chat tomorrow on Prospect Insider at 7, where he's supposedly going to answer my question of where Ackley fits if Franklin sticks. I'd imagine Ackley could move to the OF if/when he comes back up from AAA. Supposedly more moves coming, he says something will be happening with starting pitching. Who knows what that will be. Paxton won't be up until later in the summer at the earliest IMO, Walker obviously won't be coming up to the majors, and Hultzen is still dealing with some sort of injury. Hirang and Saunders both warrant replacement, but I don't see an option right now that's going to dramatically improve things. I'm happy with them letting Maurer ride out some of the ups and downs.

Oh man, I hope that is true. I'd love to see Franklin in the majors. I think (and hope) he has true potential.

I'm still wondering what the deal is with Erasmo. He went on the DL, but I haven't really heard any updates or concrete time frame for when he should return.

pinksheets wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.

I was thinking the whole game, too, "If I see some kid bawling his eyes out over not getting one, I'll just toss him mine," because I really didn't even care or expect to get one, I just happened to stroll through the left field gate which had basically no line. Just a funny juxtaposition with the events that actually transpired. I'm not going to get upset over a hunk of plastic, but man, I got into a bad mood after that just thinking how low people can go for basically any little tiny thing they want.

I hear ya... that's just so low. It's along the lines of those adults who fight with a kid for a foul ball.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 9:49 am

Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 am

Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am
  • Man I had such high hopes for Dustin this year, really hope he figures it out in Tacoma. I want to see a successful infield of Seager, Franklin, Ackley and Smoke.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon May 27, 2013 12:52 pm
  • I just want to know what the coaches are doing, all these kids have lights out and success written on them when they get here, then coaches start working with them and change some stuff once they get to the big leagues and they falter. Yeah I know pitchers figure out what they are not good at, but good hitters learn to hit that stuff. Our kids look lost after a season at the plate. In fact even veterans coming in here that have been good before arriving in Seattle have looked lost after they arrive and our staff gets ahold of them.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm
  • Being an M's fan is such an emotional roller coaster ride.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 5:21 pm
  • So....wasn't there supposed to be some hype about Triunfel a few years ago? He's looked shite so far.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 27, 2013 5:50 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:So....wasn't there supposed to be some hype about Triunfel a few years ago? He's looked shite so far.

I imagine he's another one of those players who will always be shite in a Mariners uniform, but once he's on another team, he'll be in the running for a batting title.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 6:07 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:So....wasn't there supposed to be some hype about Triunfel a few years ago? He's looked shite so far.

Many years ago when he was 17 or so people thought he'd be a star. That has faded over the years. He's still only 23 but I don't think many scouts think he'll be more than a potential backup barring a drastic turnaround
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 pm
  • Are other teams having issues with players like we are and sending them to AAA? Is that a common practice? I haven't heard about it in the news other than with the mariners
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Veteran

Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 pm
  • This is nothing unusual with young players. Ackley, Montero, Seager, and Smoak are all fairly young players with options left who can be sent to AAA if they're struggling. Veteran players cannot be 'optioned' to AAA - they can be 'designated for assignment,' which means they can either choose to accept assignment to a minor league club in their current team's affiliate or they can refuse assignment, leading to their eventual release from the team. When a player is DFA'd, there's ten (I think?) days for the club to try to work a trade for them before they're let go.

So no, a young player that's only been in MLB for a year or two is prone to being sent back down if they tank.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Tue May 28, 2013 12:35 am
  • We seem to have more then our share though, going back other then pitching I am trying to remember the last break out player that wasn't a pitcher and can't besides Griffey, A-Rod. We have had plaers come up to the majors and get sent back down get traded and become stars several times though.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue May 28, 2013 4:38 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Being an M's fan is such an emotional roller coaster ride.

I really don't see how, I thought everyone was either just down or apathetic.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 am

Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:Harang with a 4 hit shutout?

Who'd a thunk that? Padres are pretty crappy though. Still, you take it.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:Being an M's fan is such an emotional roller coaster ride.

I really don't see how, I thought everyone was either just down or apathetic.

maybe in the 90's, 2000's, but lately it's just pretty much, two weeks of intrigue, then golf/fishing season..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 am
  • chris98251 wrote:We seem to have more then our share though, going back other then pitching I am trying to remember the last break out player that wasn't a pitcher and can't besides Griffey, A-Rod. We have had plaers come up to the majors and get sent back down get traded and become stars several times though.

Adam Jones... last player we've had that we traded that has amounted to a "star"... terrible trade. I know Dickey and Morrow have both had strong seasons elsewhere, but nothing consistent (Dickey's Cy Young goes right next to Brady Anderson's 50 home run season on the "wtf" shelf)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We seem to have more then our share though, going back other then pitching I am trying to remember the last break out player that wasn't a pitcher and can't besides Griffey, A-Rod. We have had plaers come up to the majors and get sent back down get traded and become stars several times though.

Adam Jones... last player we've had that we traded that has amounted to a "star"... terrible trade. I know Dickey and Morrow have both had strong seasons elsewhere, but nothing consistent (Dickey's Cy Young goes right next to Brady Anderson's 50 home run season on the "wtf" shelf)

How's that? Brady was on roids that year.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 12:51 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:We seem to have more then our share though, going back other then pitching I am trying to remember the last break out player that wasn't a pitcher and can't besides Griffey, A-Rod. We have had plaers come up to the majors and get sent back down get traded and become stars several times though.

How's that? Brady was on roids that year.

no he wasnt
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm
  • Sooo, how about this?

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2013/5/28 ... -struggles

"It's the new generation. It's all this sabermetrics stuff, for lack of a better term, you know what I mean?" Wedge said. "People who haven't played since they were 9 years old think they have it figured out. It gets in these kids' heads."

By that logic you would have to think Sabermetrics are destroying every one of the M's players amirite?
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Wed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm
  • Rainiers winning 25-2 in Colorado Springs right now, bottom of the 6th. :lol:
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 pm
  • sutz wrote:We need to trade for this guy. :)

If he was in a shitty team like the Mariners, easy solution walk him.

But if it was a loaded team with prince and Caberera, then its not easy anymore.

I said we should had traded Felix, and not give him a big contract, and ill still stand by my comment. Iwakamura will not last long for the Mariners. He's already 30 years old+, and will look for a big contract after next season.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information