Let's Talk Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Let's Talk Mariners
Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am
  • Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 am
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 am
  • Hawksfanatik wrote:The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
    Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.

great story... compelling and rich
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm
  • Looks like Noesi is facing his former team today after Harang was scratched due to a stiff back.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Hawksfanatik wrote:The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)

While mysteriously lacking anything particularly appealing. Kind of like a store bought frozen lasagna.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Looks like Noesi is facing his former team today after Harang was scratched due to a stiff back.

I really am not sure who is better or worse at this point lol.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 1:29 pm
  • The Outfield wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.

Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.

You were. In fact, if you thought that, then you are not really a fan of the Mariners in the first place and just came in here to spout off some nonsense. Even a casual follower of the team would know that Andino was spelling Ryan.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:

He was in for Ackley on Sunday and Tuesday. I don't recall seeing him in for Ackley for any other games. But I agree that starting Andino over Ackley would not be a wise move.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Hawksfanatik wrote:The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)

Heh, my wife and I, when watching TV with bad acting, will both say "powerful" as smartarse commentary after the poorly acted scene is over.

I like what you did here...

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 pm
  • Why can't we use our designated batter for Ryan, and let the pitchers swing the bat? They're all better at the plate than Ryan, and that way we get his glove without the wet-noodle bat.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu May 16, 2013 5:45 pm
  • Does anyone know why both starters left before the 5th? Both seemed to be doing ok? Just got home :-/
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm
  • 3 of 4 from the Angels, 2 of 3 from the Orioles, 2 of 3 from the Blue Jays, a 1/1 split with the Pirates, 2 of 3 from the A's and 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

Not bad at all !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:Does anyone know why both starters left before the 5th? Both seemed to be doing ok? Just got home :-/

I suspect it was pitch count. Both were in the 80s and another inning and they are over 100 in a long season. Felix is the only one that seems to be allowed to go over 100.

The thing that is concerning is the only ones that are hitting are the old guys. Look at the OBS for the young guys it is low in the 300s. They have to get them hitting
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm
  • 20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri May 17, 2013 5:52 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.

Should have had the sweep...

have to hand it to the manager.... really moving the lineup around a bit to get more quality at bats. Nice not to see the same 9 in their struggling.

Great job by Noesi and the bullpen
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 6:36 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.

have to hand it to the manager.... really moving the lineup around a bit to get more quality at bats. Nice not to see the same 9 in their struggling.

They have to keep Morse in the five hole. He is something like 9-14 since moving into that role. Ridiculous.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:20-21 and 2nd place. Will we be able to get over that hump? Tough 4 game series against an improved Indians ball club coming up.

They have to keep Morse in the five hole. He is something like 9-14 since moving into that role. Ridiculous.

I hope the Sea Beast can keep it up! I really enjoy watching him bat when he's on fire.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 8:48 am
  • The M's are funny. Nobody on that team consistanly hits (except Seager), but they always have a couple of guys that with swing it well for a couple days in a row. If they could just get a couple more guys (Ack, Saunders, Morse, Morales, Gutierezz) to hit and bring up on more pitcher, i think they can compete. Oh and if we're not gonna bring up Franklin, then we need to trade for a SS. I'm tired of hearing the guys on the radio telling me that Brendon Ryan is saving the team several runs per game with his defense.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm
  • That was a shitty ending
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Fri May 17, 2013 6:51 pm
  • LEUTGE!!!! GOD DAMMIT!!!!
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 pm
  • I really miss Stephen Pryor in our bullpen.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sat May 18, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Why the hell do they seem to always struggle in Cleveland no matter how good or bad the Indians are? Now gotta win 2 to just get a split.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat May 18, 2013 5:18 pm
  • Well, they did get to face our two shittiest pitchers the first couple of games and had to get late game heroics/bullpen collapses to win.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sat May 18, 2013 5:53 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Well, they did get to face our two shittiest pitchers the first couple of games and had to get late game heroics/bullpen collapses to win.

Yeah. I'm still MASSIVELY impressed with those back-to-back home runs in the top of the 9th by Ibanez and Smoak. That was really cool. Too bad nobody got on before them.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 am
  • 4 game sweep by the Tribe........Defense and bullpen killed us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:4 game sweep by the Tribe........Defense and bullpen killed us.

just a sad sad 4 games. should have been no worse than 2-2
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 12:04 pm
  • They looked like they were finally going to turn a corner and become a .500 club. Hopefully they can move on from this bizarre series and not let it derail their season now.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm
  • So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 20, 2013 2:27 pm
  • When Felix loses it called a curse.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon May 20, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Bullpen strikes yet again...
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm
  • We could really, really use Stephen Pryor and Josh Kinney returning from the DL :\
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 pm
  • I just don't think we'll get much of anywhere until we can get our bottom 3 starting pitchers to not give up 4-5+ runs a game. Obviously our top 2 pitchers aren't going to be perfect every outing. We need the other pitchers to fill in the gap.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 am
  • Wow the bartender really chocked this game away.... had the game in his glove and dropped it
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 am
  • The umps in the last two games were really squeezing our pitchers. Tom threw several strikes that were practically in the middle of the plate and were called balls. I wonder if the Indians have some sort of umpire fund going on.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue May 21, 2013 7:20 pm
  • yeah, it feels like we went from possible contention to season over in a week lol

do we really have no better options than Aaron Harang? just call up one of our supposedly good prospects and give them a shot, cant be any worse.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

LOL..

I'm only laughing to help ease the pain and dispair that's associated with being a life long Seattle Mariner fan..

Yup. Saaaame here.
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 22, 2013 7:07 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:So close to .500 and now 4 games later this. Every time I get my hopes up...............SIGH!!

Man i wish i could say i hadn't seen this before. Get to within a game of .500 this early in the season and then *poof* 4-5-6 game losing streak.

Never fails :34853_doh:
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 am
  • Our bottom 3 starting pitching situation is looking really bad...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 am
  • The Outfield wrote:Our bottom 3 starting pitching situation is looking really bad...

You understated it just slightly.

THEY SUCK!! :cry:

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu May 23, 2013 10:22 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    400WattHPSHawk wrote:

Never fails :34853_doh:

2 more to the Angels and now 6 losses in a row. This season's collapse is in full swing. Same old Mariners......get close to .500 and go on a long losing streak to relieve the pressure of actually being decent.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am
  • Well another Mariners season come and gone, at least we have OTA's to talk about, but I seen this coming before April since we didn't see any stand out improvement from last year and insert another player in a lineup and let him get his feet wet was still the mantra of the organazation.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am

Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 am
  • It wouldn't be so damn depressing if Texas wasn't - yet again - leading the league in wins. 10 games back and nearly June is a big hole to climb out of.

Good news? The A's and Angels have had their fair share of lowlights this season, same as us. The battle for 2nd place ensues and I still have some faint hope...
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:we will keep you posted on how they do :D

We won't need to. They'll lose their usual 90-100 and he already knows that.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.

This usually occurs at the end of the season and tends to give us a glimmer of hope for the next season...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sat May 25, 2013 3:53 am
  • We're on a 6 game win stream, woooo
    Storts
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information