Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
There is good ole Saunders getting shelled today. He has not even obtained one out in the second inning and has given up two runs and at least five hits by my count.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:31 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Saunders is getting worked over by the ump pretty good. When you are a location pitcher and the ump isn't giving you anything it makes it extremely difficult. With that said, Saunders has not exactly earned the calls either.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Saunders is getting worked over by the ump pretty good. When you are a location pitcher and the ump isn't giving you anything it makes it extremely difficult. With that said, Saunders has not exactly earned the calls either.


Id rather have beaven...

Maybe 5-8 more starts for saunders before walker or hultzen is up?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:08 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Uncle Si wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Saunders is getting worked over by the ump pretty good. When you are a location pitcher and the ump isn't giving you anything it makes it extremely difficult. With that said, Saunders has not exactly earned the calls either.


Id rather have beaven...

Maybe 5-8 more starts for saunders before walker or hultzen is up?


I would give him five max. His stat line is horrible. I know that they will likely wait until June or July for the call-up to save the free agency years though. A change has to be made though. Our 3, 4, 5 pitchers leave a lot to be desired. Mauer is not horrible, so they could ride with him. At least he does not fall into the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" category.

I would like to see either Hultzen or Paxton. We have to get a left in the starting rotation somewhere.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Saunders is getting worked over by the ump pretty good. When you are a location pitcher and the ump isn't giving you anything it makes it extremely difficult. With that said, Saunders has not exactly earned the calls either.


Id rather have beaven...

Maybe 5-8 more starts for saunders before walker or hultzen is up?


I would give him five max. His stat line is horrible. I know that they will likely wait until June or July for the call-up to save the free agency years though. A change has to be made though. Our 3, 4, 5 pitchers leave a lot to be desired. Mauer is not horrible, so they could ride with him. At least he does not fall into the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" category.

I would like to see either Hultzen or Paxton. We have to get a left in the starting rotation somewhere.


I would rather Hultzen gets the call. I've never been one to buy into the lefty vs. righty crap. Felix is a righty and he can retire any batter in MLB through his mastery of a half dozen pitches, and ability to throw a few others as well. The need for lefties in the lineup is overstated, at least for starting pitchers. What I like about Hultzen is his ability to throw decent heat, along with an array of strikeout pitches such as his changeup, 2 seamer, and slider. I would like to see he and Walker called up this season as after Felix and Iwakuma, our starting pitching rotation makes me pine for the likes of Jason Vargas.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
SmokinHawk wrote:
I would rather Hultzen gets the call. I've never been one to buy into the lefty vs. righty crap. Felix is a righty and he can retire any batter in MLB through his mastery of a half dozen pitches, and ability to throw a few others as well. The need for lefties in the lineup is overstated, at least for starting pitchers. What I like about Hultzen is his ability to throw decent heat, along with an array of strikeout pitches such as his changeup, 2 seamer, and slider. I would like to see he and Walker called up this season as after Felix and Iwakuma, our starting pitching rotation makes me pine for the likes of Jason Vargas.



What?! You say the lefty thing is overrated and then use one of the best pitchers in the game to demonstrate why it is not necessary like somehow Hernandez, Verlander, and the like grow on trees.

Pining for Vargus? I will not miss that guy. He would eat up innings, but was largely helped by Safeco if I remember correctly. He has had two good starts in a row for LAA, but was getting hammered before running into the buzz saw offense of Seattle, and the struggling Orioles.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5583
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
SmokinHawk wrote:
I would rather Hultzen gets the call. I've never been one to buy into the lefty vs. righty crap. Felix is a righty and he can retire any batter in MLB through his mastery of a half dozen pitches, and ability to throw a few others as well. The need for lefties in the lineup is overstated, at least for starting pitchers. What I like about Hultzen is his ability to throw decent heat, along with an array of strikeout pitches such as his changeup, 2 seamer, and slider. I would like to see he and Walker called up this season as after Felix and Iwakuma, our starting pitching rotation makes me pine for the likes of Jason Vargas.



What?! You say the lefty thing is overrated and then use one of the best pitchers in the game to demonstrate why it is not necessary like somehow Hernandez, Verlander, and the like grow on trees.

Pining for Vargus? I will not miss that guy. He would eat up innings, but was largely helped by Safeco if I remember correctly. He has had two good starts in a row for LAA, but was getting hammered before running into the buzz saw offense of Seattle, and the struggling Orioles.


Felix isn't the only dominant RHP in the game. Success as a starter seems to have more to do with how many pitches you can throw well, knowing when to throw them, rather than which hand those pitches are coming from. Lefty vs. righty may become an issue when your relievers start hitting the mound, and they only have one or two pitches at their disposal. Take Carter Capps for example. He's probably our best middle reliever, but he only throws two pitches, so they have to take him out versus left handed bats.

For starting pitchers, it really shouldn't matter whether they are left or right handed. Eventually every starter works through the rotation, and most starters will sit in a game until at least the 5th inning, meaning the quality of their pitches matters more than which hand is hurling those pitches.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
SmokinHawk wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
SmokinHawk wrote:
I would rather Hultzen gets the call. I've never been one to buy into the lefty vs. righty crap. Felix is a righty and he can retire any batter in MLB through his mastery of a half dozen pitches, and ability to throw a few others as well. The need for lefties in the lineup is overstated, at least for starting pitchers. What I like about Hultzen is his ability to throw decent heat, along with an array of strikeout pitches such as his changeup, 2 seamer, and slider. I would like to see he and Walker called up this season as after Felix and Iwakuma, our starting pitching rotation makes me pine for the likes of Jason Vargas.



What?! You say the lefty thing is overrated and then use one of the best pitchers in the game to demonstrate why it is not necessary like somehow Hernandez, Verlander, and the like grow on trees.

Pining for Vargus? I will not miss that guy. He would eat up innings, but was largely helped by Safeco if I remember correctly. He has had two good starts in a row for LAA, but was getting hammered before running into the buzz saw offense of Seattle, and the struggling Orioles.


Felix isn't the only dominant RHP in the game. Success as a starter seems to have more to do with how many pitches you can throw well, knowing when to throw them, rather than which hand those pitches are coming from. Lefty vs. righty may become an issue when your relievers start hitting the mound, and they only have one or two pitches at their disposal. Take Carter Capps for example. He's probably our best middle reliever, but he only throws two pitches, so they have to take him out versus left handed bats.

For starting pitchers, it really shouldn't matter whether they are left or right handed. Eventually every starter works through the rotation, and most starters will sit in a game until at least the 5th inning, meaning the quality of their pitches matters more than which hand is hurling those pitches.


I think the issue with your argument is that most starting pitchers are not anywhere near the talent level of Felix, Verlander, and any other supremely talented player. For those SPs who are in the middle, handedness vs batters does become a factor. I won't get into quoting numbers, but handedness isn't a myth, and it does apply to starters as well. If a pitcher is good enough, he can certainly transcend that (as in your example of Felix), but most pitchers are still going to have handedness splits in their stats.

That's not to say that you should run out an inferior pitcher based solely on his handedness, but if you have two equally appealing options, and one of them fills a need in your rotation (so that you can work your order around to get him in there vs lineups which feature a ton of lefties, for instance), why not lean towards that one?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:23 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 105
Angels are so bad it's beginning to depress me, another loss today, I really think we are going under .500 this year


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
3 hits on Sunday
5 hits on Tuesday

Will the M's turn it around today or are we headed toward another offensive slump?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
The Outfield wrote:
3 hits on Sunday
5 hits on Tuesday

Will the M's turn it around today or are we headed toward another offensive slump?


I think you meant "is there a chance we'll get on a hotstreak?" 5 and 3 hit games are basically our team's average, not a slump.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
therealjohncarlson wrote:

I think you meant "is there a chance we'll get on a hotstreak?" 5 and 3 hit games are basically our team's average, not a slump.


Yes I find my expectations so diminished that when I look at the stat sheet and see 5 hits I think "Hmm, not bad!". :thirishdrinkers:

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
therealjohncarlson wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
3 hits on Sunday
5 hits on Tuesday

Will the M's turn it around today or are we headed toward another offensive slump?


I think you meant "is there a chance we'll get on a hotstreak?" 5 and 3 hit games are basically our team's average, not a slump.


We were on a hot streak prior to the last two games. Hitting about 9-10 hits per game on average for more than a week.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
The Outfield wrote:
3 hits on Sunday
5 hits on Tuesday

Will the M's turn it around today or are we headed toward another offensive slump?


3 is all we need when the King is pitching...

(no but seriously, we need to hit better)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10162
Location: Vancouver, WA
Seems to slowly but surely getting a bit better though it sure would be nice if they'd give Felix some runs on the days he starts. Is a .500 season possible?

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
I am about as positive a fan as there is and I am just about done with Saunders. Bring back Jamie Moyer !

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:14 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
m0ng0 wrote:
I am about as positive a fan as there is and I am just about done with Saunders. Bring back Jamie Moyer !



:13: :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
Seems to slowly but surely getting a bit better though it sure would be nice if they'd give Felix some runs on the days he starts. Is a .500 season possible?


if we move on from Saunders and Harang... yes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
creeping up to .500 :179422:

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
Uncle Si wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
Seems to slowly but surely getting a bit better though it sure would be nice if they'd give Felix some runs on the days he starts. Is a .500 season possible?


if we move on from Saunders and Harang... yes.


Yeah, I don't get what the insistence is on running Saunders out there anymore. Beavan was better, as long as you understood that all Beavan was ever going to be was an OK 5th pitcher. I know we don't have the arms to replace Saunders and Harang right away, but at least drop one of them.

How long did we sign Iwakuma for? Two years? Wish it had been longer. It blows my mind that Wedge refused to let this guy start OR relieve early last year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
Apparently Saunders is a stud when he pitches at safeco. .090 era or something crazy like that? Maybe rotate Bevan for road games?

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11162
Location: Antioch, CA
Here's some fun Mariners stats I just looked at.

Justin Smoak has the 3rd highest batting average on the team. At .237.

Saunders leads the team in runs and SB. After coming off the DL.

Morse leads the team in HRs. Even after spending time on the DL. 2nd place on the list? Jason Bay.

Looking good! At least they are better than the Angels.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
HawkFan72 wrote:
Here's some fun Mariners stats I just looked at.

Justin Smoak has the 3rd highest batting average on the team. At .237.

Saunders leads the team in runs and SB. After coming off the DL.

Morse leads the team in HRs. Even after spending time on the DL. 2nd place on the list? Jason Bay.

Looking good! At least they are better than the Angels.


Where do you get 3rd?
Chavez: .288
Saunders: .286
Seager: .283
Shoppach: .264
Morales: .262
Gutierrez: .259
Bay: .253
Smoak: .237

8th.

If you're talking about players with a comparable # of at-bats, then yes. But I wouldn't discount the other guys based on just that.

And yes, Morse is tied for 8th in home runs after missing time on the DL and slumping because of the injury. Pretty impressive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
The Outfield wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:
Here's some fun Mariners stats I just looked at.

Justin Smoak has the 3rd highest batting average on the team. At .237.

Saunders leads the team in runs and SB. After coming off the DL.

Morse leads the team in HRs. Even after spending time on the DL. 2nd place on the list? Jason Bay.

Looking good! At least they are better than the Angels.


Where do you get 3rd?
Chavez: .288
Saunders: .286
Seager: .283
Shoppach: .264
Morales: .262
Gutierrez: .259
Bay: .253
Smoak: .237

8th.

If you're talking about players with a comparable # of at-bats, then yes. But I wouldn't discount the other guys based on just that.

And yes, Morse is tied for 8th in home runs after missing time on the DL and slumping because of the injury. Pretty impressive.


as is 18-19, taking 2 of 3 from a division opponent, splitting with a very good Pirates team. the averages are starting to rise a bit, and the subtle increase in batting has led to more wins.

Still a fine balance with strong pitching, and if one falters then the team may slump again. But lets enjoy this little surge in wins.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:25 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
It will be an excellent pitching matchup tomorrow.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
It's nice to see Justin Smoak drawing a lot of walks. His average has crept up a bit, but his OBP is miles better (I think, TBH I haven't looked it up) than it was last year. Bodes well for him.

Michael Saunders' evolution from complete bust to exactly as good as touted has been a blessing. Thankfully we didn't give up on him. I'm hoping we offer our other top prospects the same patience.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
It will be an excellent pitching matchup tomorrow.


Yep. CC Sabathia v. the King. Definitely going to record this game so the wife and I can watch all of it tomorrow.

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
jkitsune wrote:
It's nice to see Justin Smoak drawing a lot of walks. His average has crept up a bit, but his OBP is miles better (I think, TBH I haven't looked it up) than it was last year. Bodes well for him.

Michael Saunders' evolution from complete bust to exactly as good as touted has been a blessing. Thankfully we didn't give up on him. I'm hoping we offer our other top prospects the same patience.


I am beginning to lean towards Smoak sticking to one side of the plate an go from there. He has been atrocious as a RHB this season.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11162
Location: Antioch, CA
The Outfield wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:
Here's some fun Mariners stats I just looked at.

Justin Smoak has the 3rd highest batting average on the team. At .237.

Saunders leads the team in runs and SB. After coming off the DL.

Morse leads the team in HRs. Even after spending time on the DL. 2nd place on the list? Jason Bay.

Looking good! At least they are better than the Angels.


Where do you get 3rd?
Chavez: .288
Saunders: .286
Seager: .283
Shoppach: .264
Morales: .262
Gutierrez: .259
Bay: .253
Smoak: .237

8th.

If you're talking about players with a comparable # of at-bats, then yes. But I wouldn't discount the other guys based on just that.

And yes, Morse is tied for 8th in home runs after missing time on the DL and slumping because of the injury. Pretty impressive.


I got the ranking from Mariners.com. Guess they only ranked the regular starters. Or just like the Mariners, their web guy sucks.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Furbush just got screwed by a missed third strike in the middle of the plate and then gave up a two-run-double to the batter right after.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
Felix tweaked his back it would seem. :-(

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:39 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8673
Location: Is Everything
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Furbush just got screwed by a missed third strike in the middle of the plate and then gave up a two-run-double to the batter right after.



He got screwed two batters in a row.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
m0ng0 wrote:
Felix tweaked his back it would seem. :-(


It sounds like he'll be back to face the Indians on Sunday. I hope it's nothing serious/reoccurring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10162
Location: Vancouver, WA
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Furbush just got screwed by a missed third strike in the middle of the plate and then gave up a two-run-double to the batter right after.



He got screwed two batters in a row.

No surprise, they were playing the Yankees. Kinda like the Seahawks playing the Stealers.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:42 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10162
Location: Vancouver, WA
Saw a really sad stat in my paper this morning.......18 times in his career Felix has left a game with a lead only to have the Mariners blow that lead. Wow, just WOW!!

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:32 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm
Posts: 2112
Hawksfanatik wrote:
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.



And just as you post this, they jump out to a 7-0 start.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
What are you apologizing for? I think most knowledgeable fans think .500 is probably a reasonable approximation of the roster as it stands (at the optimistic end - obviously there are more pessimistic estimates).

If Smoak, Ackley, and Montero play to potential there's a few extra wins in there, if Franklin and Zunino and Hultzen and Walker and Paxton all turn out it's a stellar roster, but, y'know, lots of ifs and all that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
a little bit of offense tonight was refreshing !

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
Nice to see Ackley draw 3 walks. I think he drew one the night before, too. That's a part of his game that's been missing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2985
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Smelly McUgly wrote:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.


Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
Hawksfanatik wrote:
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.



great story... compelling and rich


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Looks like Noesi is facing his former team today after Harang was scratched due to a stiff back.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Uncle Si wrote:
Hawksfanatik wrote:
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.



great story... compelling and rich



While mysteriously lacking anything particularly appealing. Kind of like a store bought frozen lasagna.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Looks like Noesi is facing his former team today after Harang was scratched due to a stiff back.


I really am not sure who is better or worse at this point lol.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2985
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
The Outfield wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.


Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.


Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1935
Smelly McUgly wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.


Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.


Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.



You were. In fact, if you thought that, then you are not really a fan of the Mariners in the first place and just came in here to spout off some nonsense. Even a casual follower of the team would know that Andino was spelling Ryan.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Smelly McUgly wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
Smelly McUgly wrote:
Why are we starting Andino over Ackley? Benching him is not going to help him figure out how to hit major league pitching.

Also Ackley is better than Andino in every way. EVERY. WAY.


Everyday players like Ackley have schedule days of rest. Andino was just filling the slot.


Hmm, I thought Andino had been replacing Ackley regularly over the last two weeks. Guess I was wrong.


He was in for Ackley on Sunday and Tuesday. I don't recall seeing him in for Ackley for any other games. But I agree that starting Andino over Ackley would not be a wise move.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk Mariners
 Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:36 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
Uncle Si wrote:
Hawksfanatik wrote:
The Mariners are a .500 team AT BEST. (and I have a hard time seeing it considering the hitting is still pretty dang bad!)
Sorry Mariners fans, its the truth.



great story... compelling and rich


Heh, my wife and I, when watching TV with bad acting, will both say "powerful" as smartarse commentary after the poorly acted scene is over.

I like what you did here...

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Glasgow Seahawk and 5 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.