Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post subject: Mariners article
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:31 am 
NET Veteran

Older article, this would be awesome but would never happen.

http://thesunbreak.com/2012/12/19/the-l ... ans-today/

Post subject: Re: Mariners article
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 pm 
NET Rookie

I believe I read that back in December. Love the idea of franchise owners actually apologizing for the lack of product they have put forth, especially with the raised prices in a down economy.

As a former season ticket holder, and as a hopeful future-season ticket holder (when the kids are all 10+ and can see over the railing without throwing much of a public fit), I would surely love to see such an act from the owners.

Good news? With the severe drop in attendance, weekend games still have plenty of game-day tickets available, and often at decent pricing. Took the family out (2 adults, 2 kids) last summer to a Friday night game mid-August and at the ticket booth the nice gentleman working that day offered me 4 tickets behind 3rd base (100 level) for $20-25/each. Not too shabby!

I think the Mariners did make some moves this offseason that will make them middle-of-the-pack contenders in the now 5-team AL West this season. Spring Training was over the top, and I hope the success story continues well past the All-Star break but so rare that feat is. Had the Hawks not signed Harvin, I would be tempted to compare the offseason moves between the Seahawks and Mariners by saying both teams did not break the bank in free-agency but still managed to address areas of need (Seahawks: pass rush / run blockers, Mariners: power hitters).

Mariners, if they can retain their young studs like Zunino, and hope that could-be duds like Smoak start showing SOME return-on-investment, it is not unreal to foresee the Mariners playing the Angels or Rangers in September with the division title on the line.

/rediculous_optimism_diehardfan

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]