Luis Suarez

Smurf

Reaction score
Alright footyfans...I'm sure by now you've all heard of Suarez and his on the field antics. He's a diver. He's an ass. He's a cheat. And I absolutely love him for it.

He will do whatever it takes to get his team the W.

[youtube]GlNnN-Eds3Q[/youtube]

He is absolutely magnificent for the sport of football. Every sport needs a bad guy, and he plays the part brilliantly.

[youtube]RHGquoKqlN4[/youtube]

Not to mention he is a fantastic footballer too.

[youtube]OJMmuSmjrVE[/youtube]

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Player of the year in the EPL. Gareth Bale and Robin Van Persie can feast on 1000 dicks.

NYCoug

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that he's a racist, too.

I absolutely hate this guy. I'm glad to say that Athletic Bilbao would never let a guy like this anywhere near the shirt. He's a grown man rolling around like a little b**** out there. Definitely a talented player, but he's got the class of Andy Kaufman mixed with Diego Maradona. Funny to watch, for sure, and you could argue that everyone loves the bad guy... but F him. Seriously.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NYCoug":r4ysbwgl said:

I absolutely hate this guy. I'm glad to say that Athletic Bilbao would never let a guy like this anywhere near the shirt. He's a grown man rolling around like a little b**** out there. Definitely a talented player, but he's got the class of Andy Kaufman mixed with Diego Maradona. Funny to watch, for sure, and you could argue that everyone loves the bad guy... but F him. Seriously.

Ignorant

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
NYCoug":2xuuidwf said:

Someone sounds a little jealous. As if Athletic Bilbao has the financial capabilities to hold on to a Suarez in his prime.

All this jealous and anger should be focused on trying to help improve Bilbao's 14th place in the league and stunning -19 goal differential.

Storts

Reaction score
He's not the suit of person we need in football at all, he's a great footballer, but he brings the game in disrepute time and time again and someone has to come down on him heavily again until he learns.

That punch the other day was cowardly and ridiculous, what is wrong with him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Storts":366c0u9r said:
He's not the suit of person we need in football at all, he's a great footballer, but he brings the game in disrepute time and time again and someone has to come down on him heavily again until he learns.

Cowardly? Grow up Storts... jesus christ. Players have been at each other like Suarez "punch" for decades. I mean is that somehow worse than ripping apart someones ligaments or breaking a leg with a two footed tackle? What about an elbow to the jaw or nose on a set piece? Or the myriad other things these guys do to each other for 90 minutes a game. If you think Suarez puts the game in disrepute than you're either blind, ignorant to what goes on or hypocritical?

Suarez is mental on the pitch. like Roy Keane was. Like zidane was. Like cantona was.

Suarez is brilliant. Dastardly, genious, comical. F---ing brilliant. People love him. People hate him. but they want to watch him

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank smurf for removing the animated gif from his avatar, I can/will now read the Sounders thread again....(for some reason animated .gifs kill PowerPCs).
Saurez is good too.

-SH

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":x9j4pmb1 said:
Storts":x9j4pmb1 said:

Gcowardly? row up Storts... jesus christ. Players have been at each other like Suarez "punch" for decades. I mwan is that somehow worse than ripping apart someones ligaments or breaking a leg with a two footed tackle? What about an elbow to the jaw or nose on a set piece? Or the myriad other things these guys do to each other for 90 minutes a game. If you think Suarez puts the game in disrepute than you're either blind, ignorant to what goes on or hypocritical?

Suarez is mental on the pitch. Klike Roy Keane was. Like zidane was. Like cantona was.

Suarez is brilliant. Dastardly, genious, comical. F---ing brilliant. Peopke love him. People hate him. but they want to watch him

Exactly! Thank you Si.

SmokeyHawk":x9j4pmb1 said:
Just wanted to thank smurf for removing the animated gif from his avatar, I can/will now read the Sounders thread again....(for some reason animated .gifs kill PowerPCs).
Saurez is good too.

-SH

And you're welcome dude, thank Pithy for that. He requested I remove it...Though, the ones of things that happen I will probably still embed in the thread at some points.

NYCoug

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":18sdabxw said:
NYCoug":18sdabxw said:

Someone sounds a little jealous. As if Athletic Bilbao has the financial capabilities to hold on to a Suarez in his prime.

All this jealous and anger should be focused on trying to help improve Bilbao's 14th place in the league and stunning -19 goal differential.

Such is life when you're a club that operates with a smaller budget. Once minute, you're the toast of Europe like last season for Athletic and the next season you're fending off the vulture clubs and fighting off relegation. It's just the way the game is structured financially.

Believe me, you will not find many Athletic supporters that are "jealous" of any of the big clubs and throwing tons of money around. I'm all about homegrown players so to me Athletic is the ideal club. I don't have anything against "big money futbol" but I'm not exactly "jealous" either. I'll take a Joseba Etxeberria to battle for my team any day of the week over Luis Suarez, despite the fact that Suarez is the more talented player.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Smurf":3uxaaz80 said:
And you're welcome dude, thank Pithy for that. He requested I remove it...Though, the ones of things that happen I will probably still embed in the thread at some points.

embed is ok, I guess....hehe. It's one thing to load up some in a post(I can deal waiting for a post to load; but every time I scrolled down and you had a new post it did it's thing....urgh(pretty sure only things on the screen get loaded..). TBH some forums are unreadable because of the Agifs in avatars. All this time and I'm still not sure why PowerPC macs handle them so poorly, must be because they're not vectors...(eheh, thats a velocity engine joke(and I know, I don't think the G5 has V engine). Sorry for the thread jack.

-SH

Gatehawk

Reaction score
It's funny how no matter how many good things he does on the field, he always finds a way to remind non-Liverpool fans how much we actually hate him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2vwannxg said:
It's funny how no matter how many good things he does on the field, he always finds a way to remind non-Liverpool fans how much we actually hate him.
This just in... he doesn't give a sh-- what anyone thinks. He wants to win. Will do anything he can to help that.

Shaz

Reaction score
One of the main reasons why Soccer will never be as big as any other sport here in America

1. Ties
2. Flopping
3. Low scoring

If this guy does flopping and bitching, then he's everything that's wrong with the sport

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Shaz":3jl8ntlp said:
One of the main reasons why Soccer will never be as big as any other sport here in America

1. Ties
2. Flopping
3. Low scoring

If this guy does flopping and bitching, then he's everything that's wrong with the sport

Please leave this thread and don't come back.

Subzero717

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3qvx0om7 said:
Shaz":3qvx0om7 said:

1. Ties
2. Flopping
3. Low scoring

Yes. The truth shall not be spoken in this thread.

Subzero717

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2gc372eu said:
CALIHAWK1":2gc372eu said:
InSuarezWeTrust":2gc372eu said:
Shaz said:

1. Ties
2. Flopping
3. Low scoring

Yes. The truth shall not be spoken in this thread.

Yeah, because guys never flop in basketball. Because a cumulative points league is just so bad for sports. Because hockey and baseball aren't low scoring.

Soccer won't be big in America because Americans are shite at it. You guys only like sports that are pretty much exclusively played in America at the professional level. That way all of the best players in that sport come here to play. You can't do that with soccer, so you don't like it. It's only the most popular sport in the entire world by a silly margin. I guess the rest of the world is wrong then?

When Italy and England went 0-0 after 90 minute I blanked out.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
So after 90 minutes you "blank out" Thats what, like three and a half innings of baseball?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"as big as any other sport"... like which sport? Basketball? hockey? Baseball? its second in total viewership (as a sport, not the MLS) behind football and third in attendance (the MLS) behind football and baseball. means more people sit down and watch soccer (whether it be on TV or internet) than any sport outside football. They just dont watch it on ESPN. they buy foreign tv packages or stream it. their are 50 million expats in this country that care only about soccer. So Shaz thats just a completely dumb comment. great job. I think people confuse whether or not their friends watch soccer or not as some indication as to how many watch it.

It seems more people are trying harder to defend their dislike of the sport these days than defending enjoying it. Look, if you dont like the game, then jog on. Noone cares. If you dont like 0-0, then dont watch. Game has as much drama as a 0-0 baseball or hockey game. But its your opinion.

But the thread isnt about whether people who clearly dont understand how many people in the US actually watch the game its about Suarez.

I clearly understand why people hate him. Id hate him if he wasnt with Liverpool. He dives, bitches, bites, kicks, punches... he wants to win. Kills to do it. Hes also one of the most talented footballers alive. Glorious and ridiculous at the same time, a true talisman like Zidane and others from the 80s and 90s were. But to say hes whats wrong with the sport is ignorant of the sport. diving is a part of the game. its not any more harmful than jersey grabbing (or any of the "tricks" used by "veterans" in other sports...its funny whats called heady and whats deemed cheating). if youve played the game at a fairly high level or watch it closely you will see what doesnt get called. While diving can look like cheating, what players succomb to that doesnt get called is more stunning. Its a physical game that many just dont see. The theatrics can be a bit much, comical, but are being dealt with culturally. its going away.

If you cant appreciate what Suarez does for the PL you either dont like soccer at all, or youre an idiot Arsenal fan.

Latest posts