Any Turkey hunters here?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Any Turkey hunters here?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm
  • Looking for intel on a good scouting area in western wa.. I would appreciate it!
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Any Turkey hunters here?
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm
  • I have heard that there is good turkey hunting around Spokane, hard to find people that will tell you exactly where, people seem to be very tight lipped due to the fact good places are hard to find. You might want to try Colville also, heard there is some up there, I would scout and see if they are on private or public land. If private ask the owner, usually in places like that they tend to say yes. I do more pheasant hunting than turkey, hope this helps. Good luck.

Sorry just saw you are looking for W WA. not too many areas that I know of, sorry.
    Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:44 pm
  • The Olympic peninsula has some turkey hunting, though the bulk of it is East of the Cascades.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm
  • lvnginhwktwn wrote:I have heard that there is good turkey hunting around Spokane, hard to find people that will tell you exactly where, people seem to be very tight lipped due to the fact good places are hard to find. You might want to try Colville also, heard there is some up there, I would scout and see if they are on private or public land. If private ask the owner, usually in places like that they tend to say yes. I do more pheasant hunting than turkey, hope this helps. Good luck.

Sorry just saw you are looking for W WA. not too many areas that I know of, sorry.

I PMed Beasthawk about the turkey hunting around here. Yes there are many near Colville if you know where to look. (which of course is the big thing in turkey hunting)

Between Sandpoint, Id. and Trout Creek, Mt. there are herds of them. Wife had never seen a real turkey until we started visiting her family over there.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:I have heard that there is good turkey hunting around Spokane, hard to find people that will tell you exactly where, people seem to be very tight lipped due to the fact good places are hard to find. You might want to try Colville also, heard there is some up there, I would scout and see if they are on private or public land. If private ask the owner, usually in places like that they tend to say yes. I do more pheasant hunting than turkey, hope this helps. Good luck.

I PMed Beasthawk about the turkey hunting around here. Yes there are many near Colville if you know where to look. (which of course is the big thing in turkey hunting)

Between Sandpoint, Id. and Trout Creek, Mt. there are herds of them. Wife had never seen a real turkey until we started visited her family over there.

:les:

Cool, thanks for the info, might have to start hunting turkeys again.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:19 pm
  • You guys all rock! Yes tight lipped indeed. I am really trying to stay on my side of the mountain. I havr enjoyed the purchase of fire arms thus far!
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:21 pm
  • lvnginhwktwn wrote:I have heard that there is good turkey hunting around Spokane, hard to find people that will tell you exactly where, people seem to be very tight lipped due to the fact good places are hard to find. You might want to try Colville also, heard there is some up there, I would scout and see if they are on private or public land. If private ask the owner, usually in places like that they tend to say yes. I do more pheasant hunting than turkey, hope this helps. Good luck.

Im down to hunt pheseant too, you find pheaseant in W Wa? I heard they are a lot less rare
    SB 48 CHAMP HYPE BEAST
    beasthawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 am
  • My dogs chase them out of my yard about 5 times a week. Eastern Washington though.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 am
  • beasthawk wrote:
    lvnginhwktwn wrote:I have heard that there is good turkey hunting around Spokane, hard to find people that will tell you exactly where, people seem to be very tight lipped due to the fact good places are hard to find. You might want to try Colville also, heard there is some up there, I would scout and see if they are on private or public land. If private ask the owner, usually in places like that they tend to say yes. I do more pheasant hunting than turkey, hope this helps. Good luck.

Im down to hunt pheseant too, you find pheaseant in W Wa? I heard they are a lot less rare

Shoot me a PM, we can talk about the Pheasant hunting.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am
  • I dodge them all the time on Camano Island. No idea what the hunting Regulations on the Islands are though.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 am
  • I have never been more disappointed in the actual content of a thread as opposed to the promise of its title.

I feel this is a case of false advertising.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm
  • cdallan wrote:I have never been more disappointed in the actual content of a thread as opposed to the promise of its title.

I feel this is a case of false advertising.

Why, did you think it was about you?

:lol:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information