March Madness: Who ya got in the Final 4?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... nt/bracket

First of all, my Ducks got screwed. 12 seed after winning the Pac 12 tourney and being 2nd in the regular season. UCLA and Arizona, who the Ducks have 3 wins against combined are both 6 seeds. UNLV who the Ducks beat in Las Vegas are a 5. And the one that really gets my steamed, Colorado who the Ducks finished ahead of in both the regular season and tournament are a 10. Doesnt make much sense.

But now that I got my bitching out of the way, Heres my final 4:

Michigan State
Ohio State
Miami
Kansas.

With Miami winning the whole thing.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cdtqnut said:
Ducks losing in the first game.

Sorry. (I'm not)

Probably. As much confidence as I have in Ducks football, its about the opposite for Ducks basketball. They should still be higher then a 12 seed though, based off the other teams in their conference.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3ppr16m2 said:
JSeahawks":3ppr16m2 said:
peachesenregalia":3ppr16m2 said:

Sorry. (I'm not)

Probably. As much confidence as I have in Ducks football, its about the opposite for Ducks basketball. They should still be higher then a 12 seed though, based off the other teams in their conference.

Probably. I pretty much always have beef with how the seeding works. But yeah, Ducks should be at least an 8, if not a bit higher.
Agree with both of you. UO got a shitty deal from the commitee.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UO got a bad seed, but I see them having a nice road to the sweet 16. UO is 5-0 vs rpi top 25 while Ok st is 2-4. A 12 winning vs a 5 isn't much of an upset since generally every year 2 of the 12 win the first game.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Louisville
Indiana
Oklahoma
Kansas state

I have a feeling that Oklahoma wins it all don't ask me why just got a feeling.

But I agree that Oregon got robbed they should have been a 5 or 6 seed. And Gonzaga loses in the sweet 16

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
While I think a 12 seed was rather low for Oregon, I didn't see them getting much higher than a 9 seed because they didn't play a very good out of conference slate and the NCAA committee takes that rather seriously.

On topic, my initial thoughts are: Ohio State, Indiana, Louisville, Florida. I haven't gotten a chance to run the numbers yet, so I'm sure that'll change once I see who's looking good.

GCrow

Reaction score
Initial predictions:
Louisville
Gonzaga
Georgetown
Indiana
Then have Louisville over Indiana 70-66 in the final.
(Haven't looked over to many advanced stats metrics yet, which will probably change a few of my picks. However feeling confident about that final 4.)
If anyone fills out a perfect bracket this year, they should be knighted.

GCrow

Reaction score
Blazenhawks":90bm1yqc said:
Oklahoma
Kansas state

I have a feeling that Oklahoma wins it all don't ask me why just got a feeling.

Some VERY bold picks...though this year who knows. You could win alot of money bettin on those.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Louisville
Indiana
Ohio State
Georgetown

Oregon got screwed on the seeding and the matchup.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
MSU
Gonzaga
Florida
Indiana

Oregon and UCLA out in their first game but I have Colorado advancing to elite eight as I see Miami as very susceptible to an upset.

pehawk

Reaction score
The 15 that wins? I got Florida Gulf Coast. IIRC, they beat the Canes earlier this year.

Ducks seeding kind of pissed me off, and thats really hard to do considering I hate the Ducks. I think they win 2 games.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This is a big day for FGCU, only in their second year of eligibility and they're in the tournament(they lost in the A-Sun final last year). Cause I live near the campus I've seen some pretty excited people for this. They might shock people and upset Georgetown, but not sure about them advancing past that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2tlqsww9 said:
pehawk":2tlqsww9 said:
The 15 that wins? I got Florida Gulf Coast. IIRC, they beat the Canes earlier this year.

Ducks seeding kind of pissed me off, and thats really hard to do considering I hate the Ducks. I think they win 2 games.

No Chance. Ok State are legitimately good.

Even as a Ducks fan, I have to agree with the Okie here. 12 seeds that didn't go to the previous year's dance are only 17-58 in these games whereas teams with OK States stats are 47-16.

drdiags

Reaction score
Anyone create a group on ESPN? My old buds/company has gone defunct and looking for some experts to compare my results with.

Spounge84

Reaction score
drdiags":2us7gdyt said:
Anyone create a group on ESPN? My old buds/company has gone defunct and looking for some experts to compare my results with.

I've got one. I'll post the details in the fantasy forum.

Spokane

Reaction score
I can give you the final 1

Gonzaga

I do live a stone throw away, but thats no homer speak. They simply are the best team this year.

jkitsune

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ecpqg1i said:
JSeahawks":2ecpqg1i said:
peachesenregalia":2ecpqg1i said:

Sorry. (I'm not)

Probably. I pretty much always have beef with how the seeding works. But yeah, Ducks should be at least an 8, if not a bit higher.

Being an 8 is almost a kiss of death though. Beating a 1 in the second round is rare. 12 or 13 are much more favorable seedings.

CPHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1x09bkx4 said:

Sorry. (I'm not)

I think you mispelled UW and nit.