Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
Posts: 650
Location: Seattle
They end up breaking our hearts every year.

_________________
GO HAWKS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am
Posts: 2794
425HawkSpark wrote:
They end up breaking our hearts every year.


You're the exception. Mariners fans as a whole are eternally pessimistic. Our hearts are never broken since the only thing we expect is a bad team.

_________________
I hate Tim Ruskell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1584
I don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9180
Location: Renton Wa.
Actually I think it's the other way around, Many Mariner fans are pretty senior, most probably remember the 69 Mets.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
seahawk2k wrote:
I don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?


Out of curiosity what blind naivete do you speak of? Not only are the general core of Ms fans quite realistic (and therefore pessimistic) about the squad but the fanbase has also produced one of the most bland, emotionless and nationally popular sports blog in alkl of the league that educates its fans and celebrates the absolute specific details with which why our team isn't good.

To that point Mariners fans might be the most educated, and therefore hopeless fans of any team in any league.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
I have not been following spring training but I hope to get up to Safeco to watch a few games this year, as always I remain optimistic of a winning season 82-80 maybe? :D

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
Uncle Si wrote:
seahawk2k wrote:
I don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?


Out of curiosity what blind naivete do you speak of? Not only are the general core of Ms fans quite realistic (and therefore pessimistic) about the squad but the fanbase has also produced one of the most bland, emotionless and nationally popular sports blog in alkl of the league that educates its fans and celebrates the absolute specific details with which why our team isn't good.

To that point Mariners fans might be the most educated, and therefore hopeless fans of any team in any league.


USS Mariner? Is that what your talking about?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
seahawk2k wrote:
I don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?


Out of curiosity what blind naivete do you speak of? Not only are the general core of Ms fans quite realistic (and therefore pessimistic) about the squad but the fanbase has also produced one of the most bland, emotionless and nationally popular sports blog in alkl of the league that educates its fans and celebrates the absolute specific details with which why our team isn't good.

To that point Mariners fans might be the most educated, and therefore hopeless fans of any team in any league.


USS Mariner? Is that what your talking about?

Probably Prospect Insider.

Yeah, I don't get calling Mariners fans naive. I mean, it's gotten to the point now where you can't even talk baseball with a lot of people in Seattle, especially here. Everybody is on the "everything the M's do sucks" bandwagon before they even really look at the merit of any move or decision. The hatred is oh so fashionable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:06 am
Posts: 550
To all the negative Nancys out there, how many people thought we would win 116 games after losing Arod, Griffey, Randy. You need only look at playoff teams last year and few of them were picked to make it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
seahawk2k wrote:
I don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?


Out of curiosity what blind naivete do you speak of? Not only are the general core of Ms fans quite realistic (and therefore pessimistic) about the squad but the fanbase has also produced one of the most bland, emotionless and nationally popular sports blog in alkl of the league that educates its fans and celebrates the absolute specific details with which why our team isn't good.

To that point Mariners fans might be the most educated, and therefore hopeless fans of any team in any league.


USS Mariner? Is that what your talking about?


Probably. But he should be talking about Lookout Landing--good stuff over there.

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21070
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
In the 80's I used to make the long trek from Lake Stevens to the Dome for a meaningless wed. game

I guess I fit into that weird category of pleasure/pain.

I just wish they could win the prize. 2001 should have been that year but they blew it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5389
Location: Hagerstown, MD
So I stopped following the Mariners last year because I can't stand the people running the club. I decided to take a look at a box score the other day because I saw they won a game 16-6. When did they re-sign Raul Ibanez?

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9843
pinksheets wrote:
therealjohncarlson wrote:
don't understand how a sports town that bred Sonics fans and Seahawks fans also bred Mariners fans.....

Where did this blind naivete come from? Is it the fact that most Mariners fans, comparatively, are pretty young fans?

Out of curiosity what blind naivete do you speak of? Not only are the general core of Ms fans quite realistic (and therefore pessimistic) about the squad but the fanbase has also produced one of the most bland, emotionless and nationally popular sports blog in alkl of the league that educates its fans and celebrates the absolute specific details with which why our team isn't good.

To that point Mariners fans might be the most educated, and therefore hopeless fans of any team in any league.

USS Mariner? Is that what your talking about?

Probably Prospect Insider.

Yeah, I don't get calling Mariners fans naive. I mean, it's gotten to the point now where you can't even talk baseball with a lot of people in Seattle, especially here. Everybody is on the "everything the M's do sucks" bandwagon before they even really look at the merit of any move or decision. The hatred is oh so fashionable.

I kind of disagree, the hatred of those that run the franchise see Howard and Chuck has been MORE than earned. Statements like the "the M's will suck until the end of time!" I do however agree with your point.

Who knows maybe the M's will shock the world this year despite the two clowns that run this club, I think they will be a .500 club this year, next year, and the year after is when I expect them to take off as long as Chuck and Howard don't throw any monkey wrenches into the good ship Mariner. One thing that isn't debateable is the M's are loaded with almost ready major league talent!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Oh no, I hate Lincoln and Armstrong with every fiber of my being. I cannot wait for the day this team is sold to new ownership.

I just bemoan how baseball talk around here has devolved into hating on any trade or move the Mariners make simply because it was the Mariners that made it. Every thread about anything Mariners seems to come out 90% posts that are just generalized Mariners complaints.

I don't know what to expect this year, but I think spring training is showing that the M's made some decent moves this offseason. They may not be world beaters or have found a franchise superstar bat, but they've got some hitters, some of the young guys are doin' a little better, and those fences are moving in. Should be some fun baseball this year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1307
SeatownJay wrote:
So I stopped following the Mariners last year because I can't stand the people running the club. I decided to take a look at a box score the other day because I saw they won a game 16-6. When did they re-sign Raul Ibanez?


Oh man, you've got some serious catching up to do:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/search_archive.jsp?c_id=sea&category=news_features&month=03&year=2013&pg=1

You might want to start in December. That's when we signed Ibanez. You know we have Jason Bay, Michael Morse, and Kendrys Morales now too, right?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
"Bland, emotionless..."~ USSMariner. I do like Lookout Landing, very funny and the posters are allowed more freedom to post. Point being is the writers at USSMariner, which I like to read, base everything on the myriad statistics of baseball to assess the team. And even a Mariners team undefeated in Spring Training over 11 games still looks terrible according to the basic baseball statistics.

Anyways, id like to think we win 75 to 85 games. At the very least, I'd like to see our younger players progress. Last year was disappointing in the steps backward so many of our players took (importantly: Ackley, Smoak and Montero). If those three can start hitting again, Seager remains consistent and improves and players like Walker, Huxton and Franklin make it up than i'd be happy with 70+ wins.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
Posts: 650
Location: Seattle
Trrrroy wrote:
425HawkSpark wrote:
They end up breaking our hearts every year.


You're the exception. Mariners fans as a whole are eternally pessimistic. Our hearts are never broken since the only thing we expect is a bad team.

Don't get me wrong every year I think yeah this is the year our young guys produce. And this is the year that we can contend with teams like the Yankees, angels, Texas, ect... And every all-star break we are 8-18 GB and it only gets worse from there, you can hear every heart of mariners fans slowly shatter. Then the season ends and offseason comes around again. And hope comes back.
GO HAWKS.

_________________
GO HAWKS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10162
Location: Vancouver, WA
chris98251 wrote:
Actually I think it's the other way around, Many Mariner fans are pretty senior, most probably remember the 69 Mets.

Amazing!!
.
.
.
.
Ron Swoboda, Cleon Jones, Jerry Koosman, Tom Seaver, Nancy Seaver in the stands......naw I don't remember them. :les: Just read about 'em.....yeah, that's it. :les:
.
.
.
Considering how good the division they're in is, 75 wins for the Ms would be a good year this season.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
we have the Astro's in our division now....thats worth at least 8 more wins !

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10162
Location: Vancouver, WA
m0ng0 wrote:
we have the Astro's in our division now....thats worth at least 8 more wins !

Fair point but I still don't see anything beyond 75 Ws. Hope I'm wrong.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
Posts: 650
Location: Seattle
Every one forgets the angels and rangers and even the A's will get 8-12 more wins against the Astros too.

_________________
GO HAWKS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9843
425HawkSpark wrote:
Every one forgets the angels and rangers and even the A's will get 8-12 more wins against the Astros too.

Beat me too it!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4197
425HawkSpark wrote:
Every one forgets the angels and rangers and even the A's will get 8-12 more wins against the Astros too.


How does that impact how many wins the Mariners get (which is what he was talking about? I don't think anyone is picking the Ms to top the division, just be better.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I know it's spring training BUT.......
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9180
Location: Renton Wa.
Brahn wrote:
To all the negative Nancys out there, how many people thought we would win 116 games after losing Arod, Griffey, Randy. You need only look at playoff teams last year and few of them were picked to make it.


We had a few things going that year, steroids, Lou, a veteran team not a wheel chair baseball team. Oh and what did they do with those 116 wins?????


The had a bigger crash then anything at Daytona.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Glasgow Seahawk and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.