I know it's spring training BUT.......

getnasty

Reaction score
The M's are looking pretty good. I hate to get my hopes up but it's to late, any chance they're not horrible this year?

Spokane

Reaction score
M's 9-1 is the 2nd best in the MLB. This is the year! Deep run, like a .525 season. I think they have a shot for winning it all every year, but this start looks good.

Spokane

Reaction score
Largent80":dxtl610w said:
They will fail like a starfish on a pier piling.
This is the first time L80 has been wrong, we all know starfishes do not fail. Ours does not

Spokane

Reaction score
I have not seen this much effort out of the team since lou piniella
Undefeated on the road - 2nd highest runs scored so far!
Yes it Is just cactus league, but its rare that the M's are the winners at anything so I am taking it.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Spokane":1rvj351w said:
M's 9-1 is the 2nd best in the MLB. This is the year! Deep run, like a .525 season. I think they have a shot for winning it all every year, but this start looks good.

oh.... you're one of those fans

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
They're hitting the long ball this spring, fences at the Safe have been moved in too. Yup, you can't talk me out of it. I'm excited!

chris98251

Reaction score
I think the chances of the Mariners winning something still is as remote as Ichiro going into profanity laced tirade during an interview without a translator.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
chris98251":1s8rahar said:
I think the chances of the Mariners winning something still is as remote as Ichiro going into profanity laced tirade during an interview without a translator.

Ichiro's been there, done that

[youtube]GtImIqR5neU[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I was saying Tirade as in all pissed off, but that was good I have to say.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
The importance and relevance of baseball spring training games makes the preseason in other sports seem like playoff games. None of any of this matters at all.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Spokane":3f2swqwx said:

.525 season = 85 wins. If things break well enough I could maybe see 85 wins happening, but 85 wins being enough to win the West or a wildcard would be stunning.

I expect more like 78-80 wins.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeaTown81":26nuyydv said:
The importance and relevance of baseball spring training games makes the preseason in other sports seem like playoff games. None of any of this matters at all.

Not exactly true. The record doesnt mean much, but the individual performances can be encouraging (or misleading).

Ackley. Montero and Smoak are hitting well against MLB pitchers(not just the AAA ones). Thats good. Our young pitching prospects are hitting high velocity with great command. Thats encouraging.

Morales and Bay are acting like professional hitters. Thats good.

Being 9-1 (the only loss was a charity game) is fun, but as you said matters little. But there is alot of encouragement in the performances of key guys. Weve hit 22 HRs in 10 games, tops in the MLB. For a team that couldnt golf a ball past the pitchers mound in the air last year and has just moved the fences in this is a good sign.

Im not saying 85 wins. But competitive baseball may be a real possibility.

hawker84

Reaction score
eh, they're not tricking me again.. they do this every year.. come out of the gate and play competative ball, then after a couple 2,3 weeks the bats go away as does the offense... and felix is forced to win games 1 - 2 0r 1 -0... but i hope i'm right.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
They will be much improved this year. I'd say at least 85 wins this year.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
The Mariners have been spring training champions in the past only to stink it up come regular season.

At any rate, hope burns eternal.

Latest posts