Shouldn't the WBC be bigger?

pehawk

Reaction score
Shouldn't it? It could be such a cool thing, if MLB did it right. I'll watch it, for sure, but had to search my DVR to even understand the timing. And, had to be reminded via PTI that it even starts today.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Aint that the truth. I think Canada advanced further than the US last time - and they're spring training and regular season are both in August.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the large number of (illegal?) Mexicans at the USA vs Mexico game in Arizona last night? It almost felt like the game was in Mexico.

Also, the problem with the WBC is that it takes place right before the season starts, so many good MLB players don't want to play and risk getting injured.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Not when the national conscious revolves around college basketball.

And the MLB season is 9 months long. It's not like people have need to watch players do nothing for 2.5+ hours

Vetamur

Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with you Outfield??

Back on topic... The WBC is huge here and it's right before baseball season here as well and Japanese major leaguers don't play but the Japan league players do.

It's been great for my bar (I opened a sports bar as a side business), packed every day Japan has a game.