The Daytona 500.. who ya got?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not really a Nascar guy. The Daytona 500 is probably the only race i'll pay attention to all yaer. I'm rooting for Danica, just for the story.

Big wreck at the track today, injured a bunch of fans:

[youtube]fnHRCeUcDL4[/youtube]

Lithium

Reaction score
yeah that was a nasty wreck, hope the injuries arent too serious.

I'm a Denny Hamlin fan so thats who i want to win, but I also pull for Danica as well, along with the older vets like M. Martin and J. Nemechek.

chris98251

Reaction score
Go Richard Petty!

hmmm really the last time I was really interested in Nascar before everything was equalized so much.

NoChops

Reaction score
Danica has little chance. only 20% of Daytona winners come from the pole. I'm pulling for the 42 like always, hope he doesnt hit the track dryer this year.

Chapman

Reaction score
Greg Biffle,
Because he's local and I've had the pleasure of meeting him and his family quite a few times when they used to own J & S Steel. He's always been a solid guy.
Danica starting on the pole doesn't really mean anything, as mentioned before.
I would be suprised if she leads 5 laps during the whole race.
Yesterdays crash was crazy.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
I would like to see Danica win but k have a feeling it's going to be Dale Jr

The Radish

Reaction score
Gotta go with Danica.

I have a bunch of friends from drag racing/stock car racing backgrounds and the all have an opinion. Most of the stock car guys hate merely cause she's a woman and has had success. Many think she's arrogant, (those are the fans of Dale Earnhardt Sr.) Who was the most self serving arrogant prick I ever had the chance to meet.

But we drag racers are mostly rooting for her. Guess we've had many women through the years do pretty well on the Strip. My favorite was the "Dragon Lady" of the late 60s Shirley Shahan. Long before a real arrogant bitch Shirley Muldowny came along.

This Shirley's hubby was the master mind behind all the really fast early funny cars. Sox & Martin, Butch Leal, Dick Landy, & that entire era of early altered wheel base cars. Shirley got bored being around the races all the time and not getting to participate so her hubby, I think Neal was his name built her a B/S 440 NHRA door car and she proceeded to embarrass a lot of guys for a long time.

Sadly that great time in drag racing history faded when funny cars became "FUNNY FUEL CARS" with custom frames and fiberglass bodys. Thanks to Don Nicholson's first Comet in 1966

Sorry for getting off line there.

:roll:

Largent80

Reaction score
I would love to see Danica win. I also like Brad Keselowski, seems like a classy guy for a young dude.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Greg Biffle because he is a Vancouver guy ! Not a big fan of roundy round racing.

IronSaint

Reaction score
When I used to watch Nascar consistently, I was a Kasey Kahne guy, pretty cool considering he's from WA (Eumclaw or something like that I believe right?). I actually used to go to Talladega twice a year. Those superspeedways are insane when the cars are going by.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Damn I was close JR came in 2nd but I'm tired of Johnson winning every time

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like Jimmy Johnson more than I care about racing.

I love domination and he has done it. My old boss loved Harvick so I always was rooting for Kyle Busch or Jimmy Johnson.