Thank You KJ

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Until today I wasn't very happy about getting a team from another city and forcing that other city to lose theirs. I know how gut wrenching and heart breaking it was for me. I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody, most especially a city with just one sport. But after your comments today, you have alleviated those feelings in me. After having played against the Sonics in your career, played against us here in Seattle, you disrespect this fan base by saying we didn't compare to your pathetic excuse of support? Hit us below the belt eh? Now I want your team more than ever, just so I can see you squirm and whine some more.

pehawk

Reaction score
Find some of old clips of his playing days, you'll see TONS of whining. It's all that lil bastard did. His own teammates named him Desert Princess.

drdiags

Reaction score
What do you expect for him to say? He has to get re-elected in Sacramento not Seattle. To him and their fans, Seattle is just OKC re-packaged. We may not feel that way but do you really think this is going down without a lot of blood spilled (figuratively) and emotions running high?

Yeah, no need to bash the Seattle fans but he needs to fire a shot across the fans bow as well as the Mayor's who is trumpeting up the purchase contract. I would just tune out anything from Sactown, not visit their sites and skip anything on twitter coming from Sactown or our local media guys who are reporting the blow-by-blow.

Folks are laughing at the 20 $1M dollar donors. Until you see the NBA has approved the sale and relocation is happening, I would try chilling. Once you get the team, then send KJ a nice steaming pile of pooh if you want. I saw the quotes. At least their city hall supports keeping them and they just may fool folks and get it done.

EDIT: "sale" not "sell"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Didn't like him as a player, though I admire his passion as a mayor to try and save his team, if that lardass former mayor of Seattle had that passion we'd never have lost the Supes! KJ needs to work on his facts however, so many statements he said today were flat out inaccurate. Ring the bell this is a done deal for the Sonics coming back!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
drdiags":13f6qops said:
What do you expect for him to say? He has to get re-elected in Sacramento not Seattle. To him and their fans, Seattle is just OKC re-packaged. We may not feel that way but do you really think this is going down without a lot of blood spilled (figuratively) and emotions running high?

Yeah, no need to bash the Seattle fans but he needs to fire a shot across the fans bow as well as the Mayor's who is trumpeting up the purchase contract. I would just tune out anything from Sactown, not visit their sites and skip anything on twitter coming from Sactown or our local media guys who are reporting the blow-by-blow.

Folks are laughing at the 20 $1M dollar donors. Until you see the NBA has approved the sell and relocation is happening, I would try chilling. Once you get the team, then send KJ a nice steaming pile of pooh if you want. I saw the quotes. At least their city hall supports keeping them and they just may fool folks and get it done.
I think they'll end up with an expansion team a couple years down the road.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yify5dl said:
Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.
Meh....... you may want to sit this one out Sparky.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I never felt bad, I didn't feel anything except excitement. KJ can suck it when them moving trucks pull away.

chris98251

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":17avqqu8 said:
Not trying to troll, but I will say that I find all of these dynamics very interesting. It is my sincere hope that some perspective is gained by all involved in both moves through this.

Well he isn't feinting stupid and just pacifying people for votes like Nickels was in sucking off the whole OKC bunch and smiling with drool on his face when they got their 40 million supposedly for sending the Sonics to OKC.

Johnson may be taking a few shots but whether accurate or not it gives people food for thought.

Also he's not fighting a bunch of liars and half truths by the purchasers, Hansen is buying them to move them. Unlike that lieing carpetbegger Bennett making a bunch of half hearted news conferences saying how dedicated he is to keeping a team here and that he wants to help the team be successful in Seattle once again and is willing to work with the city to get a arena deal worked out. Schultz and the asswipes at Starbucks claiming they are losing money and he needs to focus there etc.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Half of Seattle used to live in Cali, might as well bring a team with them.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
That is odd. Yahoo must have cut out all of his negative against Seattle comments as he seemed pretty even keel in the article I read saying that we shouldn't get too excited just yet as he obviously tries to find local owners to keep them in Sacramento.

I say just keep calm and lets see how it all ends up working.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I agree with Dr. Diags post. If KJ was in Seattle, he would be viewed differently. Because he's the Sacramento mayor trying to save the team from moving, he's the "devil". I don't blame him. I wish we had a mayor and leaders like him and city of Sacramento when the Sonics were being moved. Maybe things could have been different.

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawkfan68":374yewaf said:
I agree with Dr. Diags post. If KJ was in Seattle, he would be viewed differently. Because he's the Sacramento mayor trying to save the team from moving, he's the "devil". I don't blame him. I wish we had a mayor and leaders like him and city of Sacramento when the Sonics were being moved. Maybe things could have been different.

I wish we had someone with half the guts he does. Dudes gonna go down fighting for Sacramento, its a shame our people didn't do that.

The Radish

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3pqmx69k said:
peachesenregalia":3pqmx69k said:
Meh....... you may want to sit this one out Sparky.

Better advice seldom given.

:les:

Latest posts