Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5083
Location: South End
Pstark3 wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:
So fricken pumped for this but, I knew this was coming, reading comment sections from articles regarding this event, most other fans are comparing this to the OKC situation and saying we don't deserve another cities team.

Except we aren't lying to an entire city, telling them we have their best interest in mind, and have full intent not to move the team. Hansen told the Maloofs he wants the team and will move them to Seattle, the Maloofs agreed.


Exactly. They knew what this was.

Hansen went in the front door, was open and honest with his intentions.

Unlike he who won't be named. F'n lying snake.

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 2785
Location: Longview, WA
go blazers

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 665
Location: Canada
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
Within 10 months, Seattle might have Russell Wilson, the Sonics and legalized marijuana. I'm putting my house on the market.

Not a bad idea...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
Posts: 2230
Location: St George, UT
Blow glazers

_________________
Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:
So fricken pumped for this but, I knew this was coming, reading comment sections from articles regarding this event, most other fans are comparing this to the OKC situation and saying we don't deserve another cities team.

Except we aren't lying to an entire city, telling them we have their best interest in mind, and have full intent not to move the team. Hansen told the Maloofs he wants the team and will move them to Seattle, the Maloofs agreed.


Exactly. They knew what this was.

Hansen went in the front door, was open and honest with his intentions.

Unlike he who won't be named. F'n lying snake.


look at you guys justifying this. Bet the Sacramento fans don't feel any better about this than you did about losing the Sonics. Shit happens. move on.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
GCrow wrote:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons
Within 10 months, Seattle might have Russell Wilson, the Sonics and legalized marijuana. I'm putting my house on the market.

Not a bad idea...


Yup, except for the fact that weed isnt legal. Federal laws trump state laws


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
Just saw this

Quote:
stevelarge_cbs13 ‏@largesteven

Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
drdiags wrote:
Just saw this

Quote:
stevelarge_cbs13 ‏@largesteven

Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.


Not cool. The Maloofs are NOTORIOUS for this kind of BS.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 201
likely just tryin to get more $$$


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5083
Location: South End
peachesenregalia wrote:

look at you guys justifying this. Bet the Sacramento fans don't feel any better about this than you did about losing the Sonics. Shit happens. move on.


I feel for the fans of Sac, don't get me wrong. And I guarantee Seattle Sonic fans won't be the complete d-bags okie fans were and are in regards to losing the Sonics. Blaming the victims the entire time.

We've been there, felt the pain of our team being ripped away from us in a lie. We'll have sympathy for the King fans, but also be happy our SuperSonics will be 'alive' again.

In a way we've grown up, learned how the big boys of the NBA play. Hell we're playing the game Clay Bennett started. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation. Want an NBA team? Well someones getting screwed. Clay taught us that.

At least Hansen being honest about it.

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am
Posts: 143
Location: Lincoln, CA
peachesenregalia wrote:
drdiags wrote:
Just saw this

Quote:
stevelarge_cbs13 ‏@largesteven

Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.


Not cool. The Maloofs are NOTORIOUS for this kind of BS.


As a diehard Kings fan...yes, yes they are. The hatred of the Mal**fs in Sacramento is as strong as the love for the team. They are manipulative, deceitful, uncharismatic, and not very bright. In the last 10 years they've nickled and dimed the Kings from Pacific contenders to a farce.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
twisted_steel2 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:

look at you guys justifying this. Bet the Sacramento fans don't feel any better about this than you did about losing the Sonics. Shit happens. move on.


I feel for the fans of Sac, don't get me wrong. And I guarantee Seattle Sonic fans won't be the complete d-bags okie fans were and are in regards to losing the Sonics. Blaming the victims the entire time.

We've been there, felt the pain of our team being ripped away from us in a lie. We'll have sympathy for the King fans, but also be happy our SuperSonics will be 'alive' again.

In a way we've grown up, learned how the big boys of the NBA play. Hell we're playing the game Clay Bennett started. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation. Want an NBA team? Well someones getting screwed. Clay taught us that.

At least Hansen being honest about it.


look, I dig that, all of it. But anyone with eyes knew that when Bennet and co. bought the Sonics, it was with the intention of taking them to OKC. Should they have been deceptive? Probably not, but there could have bene other factors at work that we'renot aware of preventing them from just coming out and saying "We are buying this team to move it to OKC".

One other thing, as far as I can tell, the first stones were thrown by Sonics fans against Thunder fans. They asked for a fight and they got one, then had the cheek to pull the 'classless' card when Thunder fans talked back to them.

I'm personally REALLY looking forward to the inevitable rivalry here. i'm extremely happy for Seattle bball fans and hope that the new Sonics settle in fast and compete quickly.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
Guess we have dis-information going viral. Twitter stinks sometimes

Quote:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

This report is BS. RT @bcondotta: A Sacramento TV station reporting Maloofs rejected the Seattle deal

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
The internet is insane regarding this sort of thing. Everyone careful in falling for a "report" from some random yahoo on twitter. I just read someone say that a local group led by Larry Ellison (the guy who wanted a team in San Jose) is now offering $600 million. Sac mayor Kevin Johnson is said to be looking to put together a local group to match Hansen's offer. Talk is all over the place. Sit back and relax. You'll drive yourself insane otherwise. Wait for "reports" to come from legit sources and to be repeated from more than one. Things will sort themselves out in time. Definitely exciting times though.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Last edited by SeaTown81 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 1123
Location: Newberg, Oregon
drdiags wrote:
Guess we have dis-information going viral. Twitter stinks sometimes

Quote:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch

This report is BS. RT @bcondotta: A Sacramento TV station reporting Maloofs rejected the Seattle deal


I really hope it's just B.S. It is only a single guy reporting it so its not exactly credible, however knowing the Maloofs it wouldn't be all that shocking though


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 373
Location: Tacoma, WA
Lawdy I hope they didn't reject the deal

This would be extremely heartbreaking


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
If you guys want to stay up to date, I suggest Sonics Rising, the new reborn Sonics Central. It's a blog format site with active comment threads. The threads change often, so keep an eye on the main page. Here's the latest discussion thread:

http://blog.sonicsrising.com/report-fro ... mment-1734

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10495
Location: Pasco, WA
My God.........just get it done already! I hate false reports, and hopefully that one report is just that, false!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Regardless what rumors you hear and what reports come out. Remember one thing. The Maloofs are flaky as hell. I won’t celebrate until something is official. The deal could be 99.9% done and I won't budge. Given their history, those dudes could back out at the 11th hour. Remember they were celebrating with KJ at midcourt in Sac at the all-star break last year.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9845
peachesenregalia wrote:

Exactly. They knew what this was.

Hansen went in the front door, was open and honest with his intentions.

Unlike he who won't be named. F'n lying snake.

look at you guys justifying this. Bet the Sacramento fans don't feel any better about this than you did about losing the Sonics. Shit happens. move on.

You sound like Clayclay's "cabana boy"!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Last edited by Sports Hernia on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:10 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Blitzer88 wrote:
My God.........just get it done already! I hate false reports, and hopefully that one report is just that, false!


Sacramento reporter that doesn’t want to be affiliated with report of rejection.

Quote:
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
@Aykis16 Can you please take my name off the story about the reported rejected offer from Steve Large, Akis?


Mitch Levy straight up called the report BS. Given his connections, I believe it. And this just confirms that. Add to that all the other people who are hearing the same things about Seattle, I feel Mitch is in the right. FOR NOW.

I stand my ground on the Maloofs being shady and flaky as hell. Even if all the reports on a close agreement are true (they very well might be), they can't be trusted til it's all signed in blood. They had an agreement for a new arena with Sacramento and celebrated with the mayor at mid-court at a home game mid-season last year before the all-star break. You'd think that would be trustworthy, right? WRONG. They backed out shortly after, breaking the hearts of Kings fans everywhere.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10495
Location: Pasco, WA
SeaTown81 wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:
My God.........just get it done already! I hate false reports, and hopefully that one report is just that, false!


Sacramento reporter that doesn’t want to be affiliated with report of rejection.

Quote:
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
@Aykis16 Can you please take my name off the story about the reported rejected offer from Steve Large, Akis?


Mitch Levy straight up called the report BS. Given his connections, I believe it. And this just confirms that. Add to that all the other people who are hearing the same things about Seattle, I feel Mitch is in the right. FOR NOW.

I stand my ground on the Maloofs being shady and flaky as hell. Even if all the reports on a close agreement are true (they very well might be), they can't be trusted til it's all signed in blood. They had an agreement for a new arena with Sacramento and celebrated with the mayor at mid-court at a home game mid-season last year before the all-star break. You'd think that would be trustworthy, right? WRONG. They backed out shortly after, breaking the hearts of Kings fans everywhere.


I already hated the Maloofs.......but this is making my hate for them grow even more!

But glad to see that this report could potentially be false.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
peachesenregalia wrote:
One other thing, as far as I can tell, the first stones were thrown by Sonics fans against Thunder fans. They asked for a fight and they got one, then had the cheek to pull the 'classless' card when Thunder fans talked back to them.


Must be nice living in fantasy land.

You see. Just when I'm ready to move on, some dumb OKC fan has to go and say something as stupid as this. I promise this will be my last time bringing this back up. But dammit, Peaches. You asked for it. ;)

You couldn't be more wrong, buddy. You have no idea how many OKC fans constantly came on Sonics sites telling us that we didn't deserve our team. Telling us that we didn't support it. Justifying (as you are doing now) your lying scum bucket ownership. Sure, Seattle fans reacted back harshly. But OKC fans were just as complicit in any cross-country mud-sligning. And unlike Seattle, never had the excuse for being emotional.

You say "Yeah, Clay shouldn't have lied and should have been up front about it." That is freaking hilarious. Do you know why he lied? Because that was the ONLY way he was moving the team. He doesn't get the 41 year old Seattle franchise without lying. He had to lie, or Schultz wouldn't have sold. Him making a less than half-assed effort to keep the team in Seattle was part of the agreement. It was why he was taken to court by the city, and why he had to buy his way out before the trial could end. He had to pretend he intended to stay in Seattle. During his emails with his pal Aubrey McClendon about "how soon can we get out?" he was lying his ass off to Seattle politicians, offering them the worst stadium deal in Seattle sports history. He had a checklist of what he had to do to meet the terms of the sale. He did so dishonestly and was caught every step of the way. Your glorious newspaper in OKC that is owned by his wife chose to shield your fine citizens from all of it. It was complicit every step of the way. Your fans chose to bury their heads in the sand, and attacked Seattle fans for being outraged. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO SAY WE STARTED IT. You got your team, and reaped the benefits of Clay tanking for 2 years in our city. Enjoy it all you want. But you do not get the high ground. Not even a little bit.

I said this before. I dare you to watch SonicsGate. ALL OF IT. Without actually sitting down and watching it, I can't take a word out of your mouth seriously.



Can you tell just how fresh the wound is? ;) lol.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
http://sulia.com/ricbucher/

Quote:
What I know about the Kings-to-Seattle story at this point: sources say the Maloofs are getting back into the liquor business and the only way for them to do that is to sell the Kings, their last asset of any worth. The Maloofs, of course, had beverage distributorships in Colorado and New Mexico but sold them to try -- futilely -- to keep their Las Vegas hotel casino, The Palms, afloat. Separate sources say that putting a team back in Seattle is at the top of David Stern's bucket list as NBA commissioner and, as we know, David invariably gets what he wants. The Maloofs reversed field once before, on a deal that would've kept the team in Sacramento, but sources say the terms of that deal were negotiated by Stern and that the Maloofs backed out because the terms weren't the ones they specified they had to have.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
Here is something to consider about all this. From Ric Bucher on LA Sports

Quote:
What I know about the Kings-to-Seattle story at this point: sources say the Maloofs are getting back into the liquor business and the only way for them to do that is to sell the Kings, their last asset of any worth. The Maloofs, of course, had beverage distributorships in Colorado and New Mexico but sold them to try -- futilely -- to keep their Las Vegas hotel casino, The Palms, afloat. Separate sources say that putting a team back in Seattle is at the top of David Stern's bucket list as NBA commissioner and, as we know, David invariably gets what he wants. The Maloofs reversed field once before, on a deal that would've kept the team in Sacramento, but sources say the terms of that deal were negotiated by Stern and that the Maloofs backed out because the terms weren't the ones they specified they had to have.


EDIT: I see ST81 parallel posted but he has a link.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:50 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
One thing to keep in mind. The Kings have to play the rest of this season in Sacramento. Whoever owns the team, along with the NBA, wants to make money and sell tickets. Unlike with Clay Bennett lying his ass off, and tanking the team to turn away fans to make his exit easier, the second Hansen buys a team, it's gone. There's no lying to the fans to keep them coming to games. I'm guessing they didn't want this news out so soon. I read in a USA Today article that NBA owners have been warned by the league to not talk about the Sacramento situation.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
I suspect the deal is not done as not signed yet. It may take a few more days for the lawyers to finish


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.
[/quote][/quote]

Not cool. The Maloofs are NOTORIOUS for this kind of BS.[/quote]

As a diehard Kings fan...yes, yes they are. The hatred of the Mal**fs in Sacramento is as strong as the love for the team. They are manipulative, deceitful, uncharismatic, and not very bright. In the last 10 years they've nickled and dimed the Kings from Pacific contenders to a farce.[/quote]
He was talking about Howard Schultz, not Bennet. Everybody knew what was going down when Bennet bought the team. Starbucks Dick had to lie, or the previous, local, owners would not have sold him the team.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:55 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:35 am
Posts: 4588
Location: Seattle, WA
Lords of Scythia wrote:
He was talking about Howard Schultz, not Bennet. Everybody knew what was going down when Bennet bought the team. Starbucks Dick had to lie, or the previous, local, owners would not have sold him the team.


Yup. Had Schultz not pretended to fall for Clay Bennett's lies and not sold the sell of the team as an attempt to keep the Sonics in Seattle, he would not have gotten enough yes votes from ownership to sell. The vote was something like 5-4 in favor of selling. Had the vote been in the face of "This guy is taking the team to OKC", that vote NEVER passes. Clay never gets the Sonics. Clay was a HUGE villain. But Schultz was just as bad. If anyone has seen Django Unchained, Clay was DiCaprio, and Schultz was Samuel L. Jackson's character. DiCaprio was bastard. But it was Jackson who was truly evil.

_________________
http://twitter.com/EJZ206


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Renton Wa.
If Stern had shown 1/4 of the resistence he has shown Sacramento about moving and helping get a deal in place the Sonics would never have been allowed to leave, there was a second group locally ready to step in and it was not even listened to. This is all about the good ole boys club and the freindship that Bennett and Stern had before it was even a thought. I'm convinced Stern laid the ground work to allow Bennett to go through the process of ripping off the team.

The lies are one thing, Schultz wanted out and wanted a profit bottom line.

The fact that being the newest owner and being on a relocation commitee itself stinks of the buddy system. Having the power to extort and hold peoples feet to a fire to allow a relocation I guess is one of his strengths, I';m wondering when it gets to that phase how much Bennett is going to want Hansen to pay to get permission to move the Kings or Bucks for that matter if that becomes stage two.

If I'm Hansen I demand a return of a lot of the Sonics rights that Bennett believes he is intitiled too.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3093
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis
dunceface wrote:
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?


It would be better if people stopped engaging it even before then. Not that I don't understand the temptation to fire away at it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1405
call me when stern retires. till then I'm still not watching or putting one dime in Clay's boytoy buttbuddie


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9193
Location: Renton Wa.
Well once we get the Sonics back, bring Cage, Xman, Shelton, Brickowski, and Grey out of retirement. Put them on the court and let them bang with those stickman from Okie Land for about 5 minutes.

Anyone that gloats over how and what happened and can justify the way shit went down is dead in my book anyway. Homerism is fine, blind ignorance to justify a crook and liar isn't. There are several in this situation from Schultz to Bennett and then Stern along with the whole approvale commitee for the sale.

That doesn't even include Seattle city council and Mayor Greg Nichols.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
Quote:
Gary Horcher ‏@GaryHorcher
In Sacramento now. Believe it or not, lotsa Kings' fans here are feeling abused by the owners, and many sad fans say "good riddance" #sonics
Retweeted by KIRO 7


That's the difference here.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1067
Location: Indianapolis
NoChops wrote:
call me when stern retires. till then I'm still not watching or putting one dime in Clay's boytoy buttbuddie


His retirement is scheduled for less than 13 months from now. Hopefully you can pick up the revived Sonics in the middle of their first season back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
dunceface wrote:
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?


LOL

naw......

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
"Goddamnit, Peaches!" is the new "Goddamnit, Prelag!"

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
Look, how about this. Every time the Thunder lose to the Sonics, I'll start a thread in the shack to eat crow and let you all unload. In the meantime, you agree to allow me to freely discuss the NBA and/or the Thunder in a non-trolling manner at various points throughout the NBA season. Deal?

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3093
MidwestHawker wrote:
dunceface wrote:
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?


It would be better if people stopped engaging it even before then. Not that I don't understand the temptation to fire away at it.


Why didnt I think of that??! :lol:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:25 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10226
Location: Helm's Deep
dunceface wrote:
MidwestHawker wrote:
dunceface wrote:
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?


It would be better if people stopped engaging it even before then. Not that I don't understand the temptation to fire away at it.


Why didnt I think of that??! :lol:


It's probably got something to do with your username...

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm
Posts: 1901
Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
Whoa. RT @derekbelt: Isaiah Thomas told source the Kings were told after practice the selling of the team was true. Thomas: "Deal is done."

_________________
20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20

Want to save money? Get cash back from online purchases through Ebates! Referral link here!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
Welp! Who's down to pop bottles with me after the first game next season?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)


That's cute, young lady

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8615
Location: PNW
peachesenregalia wrote:
Look, how about this. Every time the Thunder lose to the Sonics, I'll start a thread in the shack to eat crow and let you all unload. In the meantime, you agree to allow me to freely discuss the NBA and/or the Thunder in a non-trolling manner at various points throughout the NBA season. Deal?


You've always been free to discuss the NBA and Thunder in a non-trolling manner.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:15 am
Posts: 304
With the Seahawks coming off a big win against the redskins and heading to Atlanta, who woulda thought this week could get more exciting? These rumors sure sound legit. I'm so pumped


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Throwdown wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)


That's cute, young lady


Damian Lillard > Tyreke Evans.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
So? Blazers are still the blazers ;)

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
Throwdown wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)


That's cute, young lady


It's just that Oregon inferiority complex coming out again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.