NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You shut your dirty whore mouth

    hheh! HEH! The troll's getting irate from informed logic. Now I know the Sonics are coming back! (knock wood, which I just did).
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 pm
  • Pinksheets - Even if the minority and/or local investors can muster the action to match the offer, Hanson can INCREASE his offer. Dude's a fricken billionaire. The Maloofs are pissing their inheritence away. They ain't turning down millions of dollars. If this mess turns into a bidding war, our boy wins. But it hasn't even got that far.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1354
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:22 pm
  • What some people don't understand is that Chris Hansen would not go out and try to buy 7% especially for as much money as he is if he wasn't confident the team would be coming here. (Hmmm lets see I think I am going to over pay for 7% of a team I dont think will move to seattle) yea dont think so.
    Sac has missed dead lines and showed un consistency in there own time lines. This is a done deal all that is going on right now from punk ass KJ is a puppet show its all politics.

    Got me some new sonics gear and ready.
    RealDeal
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 94
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:22 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Was at the mall today waiting for my glasses. Man! There was a lot of Sonics gear out! Felt good just looking at em.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Pinksheets - Even if the minority and/or local investors can muster the action to match the offer, Hanson can INCREASE his offer. Dude's a fricken billionaire. The Maloofs are pissing their inheritence away. They ain't turning down millions of dollars. If this mess turns into a bidding war, our boy wins. But it hasn't even got that far.


    I don't think Hansen can up his bid on it. But the 7% isn't really important in the grand scheme of things. In fact, it's almost certain that Hansen will win this with his initial bid BUT it still needs to be approved by the NBA.

    RealDeal wrote:What some people don't understand is that Chris Hansen would not go out and try to buy 7% especially for as much money as he is if he wasn't confident the team would be coming here. (Hmmm lets see I think I am going to over pay for 7% of a team I dont think will move to seattle) yea dont think so.
    Sac has missed dead lines and showed un consistency in there own time lines. This is a done deal all that is going on right now from punk ass KJ is a puppet show its all politics.

    Got me some new sonics gear and ready.


    Whether Chris wins the auction or not doesn't really matter. This is $15.1 million (nothing to the ownership group) that shows that he is completely committed to the cause. The NBA will wait to approve/deny the sale until they vote on the majority as well. That way if the Kings stay in Sacramento Hansen doesn't own a minority share in something he has no interest in. The 7% is kind of a no-lose situation for Hansen.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 367
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:38 pm
  • I'm still wondering why Mastrov/Ranadive/Jacobs haven't put forth a new number amount to the NBA yet.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:09 pm
  • I think maybe they're having second thoughts lol
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:52 pm
  • Wow this is low for Sonics fans to do.....A sonic fan bought the domain name/webpage for http://herewestay.org/ which is the slogan being used by Sac-Town in its move to keep the Kings and well......check it out for yourself. Pretty low for someone to do I believe.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 pm
  • Yeah, that's pretty lame.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 am
  • Pretty low I agree, but KJ opened Pandora's box the other day when he said Seattle didn't support the Sonics!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11942
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 pm
  • http://www.sonicsrising.com is now a part of the SBNation community. Good as time as ever to get involved in the discussion with those folks.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:05 pm
  • we gotta re-register don't we? and of course some other jerk took my name!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Sooo if anyones wondering, I'm "M E 2288" over there lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 pm
  • Make sure to have a Josh Portis avatar so I can recognize you.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Make sure to have a Josh Portis avatar so I can recognize you.


    lol I got my hampster guy i used to have over here.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Man........I really hope we and them over there aren't counting their chickens too early. Still time for a lot to happen in this whole process.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:03 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Man........I really hope we and them over there aren't counting their chickens too early. Still time for a lot to happen in this whole process.


    Now you're just attention whoring, no news came out today lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Man........I really hope we and them over there aren't counting their chickens too early. Still time for a lot to happen in this whole process.


    Now you're just attention whoring, no news came out today lol


    No, I'm talking about Sonics Rising officially being on SBNation now. What if the Sonics don't end up coming back, what do they do with the site? Does it stay on SBNation or does it go back to being a privately owned site? I'm just hoping people don't think now that since there is a official Sonics talking site that they think this is a done deal, still lots of work to do for Hansen and Co.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm
  • It would probably go back to a privately owned site or maybe it would stick around on SBNation until we finally get a team.

    I don't see it as an affirmation that the Sonics deal is done, more of just a news source for the Sonics deal and eventually (hopefully) a news source for the team in general.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 pm
  • Brian Robinson said on Q13 that the move to SBNation doesn't mean the Kings are definitely coming to Seattle, but that Sonics fans are definitely here to stay. If somehow the Kings deal falls through, are you giving up? I'm not, and I don't think Chris is either.

    That being said, we're probably getting the Kings.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Count them chickens, boys.

    Image
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:56 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Brian Robinson said on Q13 that the move to SBNation doesn't mean the Kings are definitely coming to Seattle, but that Sonics fans are definitely here to stay. If somehow the Kings deal falls through, are you giving up? I'm not, and I don't think Chris is either.

    That being said, we're probably getting the Kings.


    Heck no I'm not giving up if it goes the other way. Thats why I am so intertwined and invested with all the happenings with this event. I love my Sonics and want them to return so badly.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:14 am
  • I can't believe the amount of awesome that he is.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am
  • The Outfield wrote:I can't believe the amount of awesome that he is.


    Well.. It was in the MOU, and it would only happen if a team were to come.

    The $20 Million might be just contingent on how the BOG vote though.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 am
  • Throwdown wrote:This can't be nothing but AWESOME news for us

    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/nbainseat ... rovements/

    Hansen is expected to announce $20 Million in upgrades to Key Arena.


    And more of Hansen's own/group's money being used to make things happen. Man I hope we pull this off because I do not want to lose Chris and this potential ownership group if things go south.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 am
  • Looks like the new stadium is going to be in the same neighborhood as Safeco and Century Link unless I'm mistaken about where the Sodo District is.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2336
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 am
  • grizbob wrote:Looks like the new stadium is going to be in the same neighborhood as Safeco and Century Link unless I'm mistaken about where the Sodo District is.

    You're not, but talk about old news. :lol:
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am
  • pinksheets wrote:
    grizbob wrote:Looks like the new stadium is going to be in the same neighborhood as Safeco and Century Link unless I'm mistaken about where the Sodo District is.

    You're not, but talk about old news. :lol:


    Hey, I'm old and slow :roll: it was news to me, had to look up Sodo Dist. :D
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2336
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 pm
  • grizbob wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    grizbob wrote:Looks like the new stadium is going to be in the same neighborhood as Safeco and Century Link unless I'm mistaken about where the Sodo District is.

    You're not, but talk about old news. :lol:


    Hey, I'm old and slow :roll: it was news to me, had to look up Sodo Dist. :D


    You do know what SODO stands for. Or originally stood for which is where the new stadiums now sit???
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am
  • Any updates? The priority ticket wishlist numbers were supposed to come out by now right?
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 am
  • The Kings are staying put. Move along, nothing to see here...
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:The Kings are staying put. Move along, nothing to see here...


    C'mon over to reality. We have room for one more.:lol:
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:04 am
  • No!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Any updates? The priority ticket wishlist numbers were supposed to come out by now right?


    Tomorrow, young grasshoppa. That HereWeBuy stuff is about to be blown out the water!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 am
  • I will lick the sweet tears from your face when the Kings stay in Sac.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I will lick the sweet tears from your face when the Kings stay in Sac.


    And when they don't, I'm gonna fly down there, and moon walk in my Rashard Lewis jersey in front of city hall chanting "KJ! KJ! KJ!"
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I will lick the sweet tears from your face when the Kings stay in Sac.


    And when they don't, I'm gonna fly down there, and moon walk in my Rashard Lewis jersey in front of city hall chanting "KJ! KJ! KJ!"
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19217
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am
  • lol touche'
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:This can't be nothing but AWESOME news for us

    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/nbainseat ... rovements/

    Hansen is expected to announce $20 Million in upgrades to Key Arena.


    And more of Hansen's own/group's money being used to make things happen. Man I hope we pull this off because I do not want to lose Chris and this potential ownership group if things go south.


    Yeah, if for some reason this ownership group bails you can kiss Seattle's chances of ever getting another NBA team goodbye.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 am

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:Do you have any basis for that? It's my understanding that whoever loses between Seattle and Sac will be on the list for the next new NBA franchise.


    The NBA should be thinking retraction rather than expansion. At least here in the states.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9294
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am
  • Yeah it seems to me like it wouldn't be a very good idea for the NBA to create another team in the U.S.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm
  • Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 7m
    Hansen releases numbers: 44K season ticket requests, 268 suite requests and 983 businesses interested in sponsorships #NBASeattle


    Wow!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18816
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm
  • Lies!!!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 pm
  • 44k season ticket requests? Holy. Cow.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Hansen is playing with the numbers a bit by taking all of the individual game requests, adding them up, and counting them as 'Season Ticket Equivalents'. That makes up 4,000 of the requests. :lol: Insane.

    HereWeBuy hit their goal of 10,000 though.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Go Kings!
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10402
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests