NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:28 am
  • :thcoffee:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 am
  • Seems like pretty bad news but I guess we'll wait and see if this deal is legit. Hard to imagine the team moving if they have that kind of offer on the table.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 am
  • I dont think it means anything, dudes only worth $360 million? compared to the money the Seattle group brings to the table? The NBA is going to look at that and think the best long term viability of the franchise is to go with the money team in Seattle, Sacramento's best shot is Burkle, not this guy.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 am
  • pinksheets wrote:A too good to be true deal comes out of left field right before KJ's set to announce his plan and that's BAD for Seattle?

    We're going to be fine.


    This. I think this only screws Sacramento more.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    User avatar
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 746
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am
  • It's all about the money. The NBA needs a team in Seattle. After they lost the Grizzlies they now have one area without teams that in the past had teams and supported them ( Sonics and Grizzlies) The Seahawks and Mariners also draws fans from the East states such as Idaho and Montana. A good Seattle team may well do so also.

    Sacramento is a smaller media market by quite a bit. It is served by teams already. The nearest is the Warriors. I see the NBA doing what is best for the league and Media deals, and its not staying in Sacramento.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 pm
  • Too little too late. Sacramento may not want to admit it, but they are playing for 2nd place (ie an expansion team or another cities team)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11443
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm
  • Every team in the NBA will be worth %30 more with the Sonics instead of the Kings. You think these guys (owners committee) ain't motivated to grease some skids?
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm
  • Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11033
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.

    For my buddy Blitzer:

    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.

    Then we pay even more!

    we just gotta man :cry:
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:57 pm
  • Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


    Beers and Nachos on me!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm
  • I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


    Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


    Beers and Nachos on me!


    Where and when?:smile:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2324
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


    Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.


    If the weren't a mess, they wouldnt be relocating.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:07 pm
  • The sonics weren't (until ownership created one).
    I thought the kings were in good position to rebuild, gut the vets(big contracts) let the young guns play and get a high draft pick. Now they're down a tp 5 pick, a second rounder next year and who knows if they'll keep tyreke (they could have moved him)
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm
  • Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7014
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm
  • Some Orlando sports show host said Hansen didn't pay the 30M, one if the Maloofs said that was untrue earlier today
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:57 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made


    Report was inaccurate. One of the Maloofs confirmed it earlier.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11033
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm
  • that's the same report. 350 from his end, 400 mill in verbal commitments, whatever that means in the real world.
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:"Minority owner has 750M to keep Kings in Sacremento"

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... acramento/

    If this is true....................

    Already been discussed in this thread.

    Remember this?

    http://www.emeraldcitycenter.com/

    These type of 'too good to be true' plans act more to muck up the focus of the serious stuff than anything else. You think KJ and his guys want talk of a supposedly public spending free plan going on right now? It's a huge distraction for their more realistic pitch and gives ammo to all of the NIMBY types.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 pm
  • And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).


    Buts its soooo hard, but I will try my best Pink.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11033
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.


    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 am
  • I really want to have what you're trying to say explained to me, but I also don't...and want to leave it as a piece of performance GIF art that we can all take our own meaning from.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 am
  • :salute:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am
  • The $30 mil was paid and is nonrefundable. This has been confirmed by the Maloofs. The Hanson deal would have to fall apart for it to even be possible for the Maloofs to take other offers.

    The ball is in Chris Hanson's court, people, and he is driving the lane.
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Kevin Johnson "state of the city" announcement coming up on the Kings part of the speech. Rumors would tell me that there's going to be some bad news for Seattle. Fingers crossed, but here goes.

    Link if anyone's interested: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/live-video-kmax/
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:55 pm
  • well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10534
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.


    Not over yet but quick summary:

    1. Mark Mastrov will be primary owner (this was unclear, Kevin stumbled a bit here)
    2. Burkle will lead the arena financing
    3. Mastrov will submit a competitive offer to the NBA tomorrow
    4. Johnson believes that the bid will be close enough to Seattle that the NBA will make the Maloofs sell to the local group
    5. THE MONARCHS WILL BE BACK IN THE NEW ARENA :roll:

    Edit: So basically nothing new, other than that they'll be submitting an offer tomorrow.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm
  • So close to Seattles bid, not equal or better, and Burkle will lead financeing for a new Arena that has not been approved, designed or voted on. Sounds like a lot of hopes and wishes. Additionally the NBA just approves a sale, Maloofs already accepted Hansens offer, it would require them renigging on it to not go thru since they have accepeted 30 million in earnest money already also.

    But thank you for the post.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10534
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm
  • Nothing unexpected really.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am
  • Call me old fashion, but I just got more confident.

    That's how they're going to war? Lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am
  • Kevin Johnson can say what he wants, he has no say if the Kings come to Seattle, it isn't up to him or his thrown together unapproved plan. I love how the Hansen-Balmer group is silent right now.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11443
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm
  • KJ is sort of a gladhanding politico, but he's got balls. He's really laying his stuff out there to say no way will we get his team. I know it's been said over and over, but Christ I wish we had a mayor like that when the Sonics left.
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    User avatar
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1333
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 pm
  • any updates on this?
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3451
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm
  • Mitch from KJR is saying he's hearing that the Sacramento offer is significantly less than the Seattle offer, and that KJ is banking on this idea that a Sac buyer wouldn't have to repay the loan the city gave to the Kings. Mitch said he knows the exact amount of the offer, won't say, but expects the news to start leaking anytime.

    Problem with that is, a significantly lower valuation is not going to appeal to owners. On top of that, there is no indication the city is prepared to just forgive that loan. In fact, in the recent city council vote, one of the principles of the arena negotiations authorized was that the existing city loan would be retired and any refinancing would require secure collateral, meaning that a new owner would still be on the hook for it.

    He also said the Hansen group has a few "bullets to fire" that they're "sitting on" if need be.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm
  • Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

    Thanks.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

    Thanks.


    This
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

    Thanks.


    Haha, same here.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm
  • Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11033
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.


    Stern told the media today in Sacremento that the offer needed more money to match what the Seattle offer had going for it. We will see, that may be enough hope to get Johnson and friends to see if they can up the ante.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9207
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Yeah, Stern said the two offers weren't even comparable. He also said he expects the gap to be reduced, but that the sides will meet on April 3rd to see what's what. Sounds like this thing could be wrapped up earlier than we thought; however, Stern is still giving Sac every chance in the world here.

    Question is, though, if Sac CAN match the offer from Hansen, why wouldn't they from the get go? Why offer so much less initially? It's kind of embarrassing for them.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm
  • When I heatd johnson say the offer was competitive I knew things were looking up.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9203
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm
  • I think all were banking on the $75M owed to the city and minus the cost of relocation as evening the playing field or that would be my guess.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9207
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 pm
  • This apparently is KJ's big plan...
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 pm
  • mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch
    Still haven't seen anyone report the actual dollar amount of Sac offer. Trust me - it was very very low.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Uncle Si and 3 guests