NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:01 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Image

Looks about right.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:52 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Image

Looks about right.

We mad bro.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:36 pm
  • Yeah, we mad bro and OKC is constructing an idol in his likeness. They won the lottery of life.

Still not sure I would expect the new commish to make a difference until that TV contract issue is resolved. We will see.

But Stern, enjoy your retirement, little man.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:05 pm
  • I've said this before, I hope Little Napoleon and Clay Clay are the first 2 people to ever die from a very severe scorching case of herpes! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:01 pm
  • F Stern, Clay, Schultz, and Oklahoma.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Maybe, just maybe the hawks flipped the script last night???

Just came to post this, big, positive news if you wanna believe Sam Amico.

(Should also have a large WARNING sign before clicking on that link because of the big large picture at the top)
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm
  • I predicted this! It was in another thread.

How can they say the fanbase doesn't support it's teams when we travel all the way to New York and sway the outcome with their noise.

They can also see that with what Paul, John and Pete have built this Market is going to be a gold mine media wise for the next 5 to 10 years with how the Seahawks are built.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/nba-beat-with-new-commish-seattle-back-on-nba-radar-020314?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll believe when I see it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:53 pm
  • So glad stern is gone. He is seriously an idiot who let his ego get the best of him. Imagine how much more money the league would be making right now if they were still in Seattle. Tv revenue, merchandise sales, corporate sponsors. The list goes on. What a moron.
    86Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 pm

I had the same feeling--like anything's possible now.
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:31 pm
  • How does Stern get a "B" when his entire job is to represent the owners, and he FAILED so hard at the labor negotiations? The entire salary structure of the NBA is a joke and the owners are getting bent over a barrel.

I guess NBA fans and owners expect so little that it doesn't matter if they have the worst salary system in professional sports, the lowest loyalty, the worst stadiums/arenas, and overall the poorest fan experience in sports.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm
  • He gets credit for the growth the NBA experienced during his tenure, which would've happened anyway, with Magic, Bird and Jordan and Shaq and Kobe coming in.
    WILL PHILIP RIVERS TEST RICHARD SHERMAN'S SIDE OF THE FIELD?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/10/ ... the-field/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm
  • Can't wait til he does now so I can visit his grave and piss on it.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:36 am
  • I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

I don't watch the sport, I don't miss the sport... in fact, I have learned to HATE the sport. I can barely stand watching college ball anymore.

It's like that time when I was 19 years old and drank this bottle of brandy and got violently ill... and puked and puked and puked and puked .... to this day, the smell of brandy ... UGH. I'll never touch the crap again.

I feel that way about the NBA, the whole sport just makes me lose my lunch.

The only interest I have in the NBA is that I hope I can outlive Stern, figure out where he is buried, and piss on his grave.

That's all.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:45 am
  • Whats the point? Do you really want to have to wait til August for excitement? You will never get that from the Mariners, Seattle needs an indoor winter sport, whether thats the NHL or NBA or both.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:
    The Outfield wrote:F Stern, Clay, Schultz, and Oklahoma.

Don't forget the mayor at the time he gets a big F.U. too.

Greg Nickels, Nick Licata, Frank Chopp, all had their hand in it.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:40 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:

Greg Nickels, Nick Licata, Frank Chopp, all had their hand in it.

Fuck these pushovers. Basketball means something to this city and region and they shit on that.

I will never drink Starbucks again, I will vote for George Bush to be mayor before I ever vote any of those idiots.

David Stern did what he was supposed to do, he backed his owners. He gave no respect to Seattle and he's a scumbag but I will never hate him as much as I hate Howard Schultz.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm
  • dopeboy206 wrote:

Don't forget to blame Queen Christine as well, she was one of the grining morons when the team left.

That's why I get queasy when ever a politician jumps on a sports teams bandwagon when they get hot. Inslee and Ed Murray on the ducks during the parade acting like they played in the game, and yes they all do it reguardless of political hue. Remember Nickels at the send off rally in 2006, then he brokered a deal for the Sonics to leave 2.5 years later.

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:44 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

I don't watch the sport, I don't miss the sport... in fact, I have learned to HATE the sport. I can barely stand watching college ball anymore.

It's like that time when I was 19 years old and drank this bottle of brandy and got violently ill... and puked and puked and puked and puked .... to this day, the smell of brandy ... UGH. I'll never touch the crap again.

The only interest I have in the NBA is that I hope I can outlive Stern, figure out where he is buried, and piss on his grave.

That's all.

That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:32 pm
  • Yep, true Sonics fans don't want to ever see the green and gold in Seattle again. Go choke.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 am
  • I can't stand the NBA product today, but who knows, maybe getting a team back will reignite my first love (basketball).
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Yep, true Sonics fans don't want to ever see the green and gold in Seattle again. Go choke.

That's not what was said, and stop with the "go choke or go die, or whatever", internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit. It's pathetic.

The feeling here, is that the NBA needs to woo Seattle and make up for the wrongs done, not the other way around.

When someone screws you over, you don't bend over for them again and give them what they want - if you go cow-towing to the NBA and whining for a team, they are going to make you pay through the nose, and they are going to give you a 15 loser years that sucks money from the city.

No, what you do is support your other teams and cockblock the NBA, and make them start to realize they are missing a top 10 market entirely - you think this Superbowl run by the Seahawks and the enthusiasm of the fans isn't a giant freaking black eye for the NBA? It makes them look like total FOOLS.

And that's what you gotta keep doing, until they are practically begging to put a team back here. Have some self-respect.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 pm
  • Go Kings
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:33 pm
  • Silver says there's no plans to expand right now, not surprising, they have a situation in Milwaukee that needs to be resolved. Maybe payback for the Pilots is on order and the universe is setting it up?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:33 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Go Kings

They suck though
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:05 pm
  • At this point, short of the NBA giving us back the Sonics that are exiled in Oklahoma, my trust level with the league is too low to be made up. I don't trust them. I miss the Sonics, but at this point, if having to deal with the NBA is the only thing that gets the Sonics back, I'm not prepared to do it. They had a chance to somewhat make things up, and you saw what happened last year.

I'm also not going to sit through a decade of bad expansion team basketball, assuming expansion occurred. I would do that with the NHL because we haven't been screwed out of a team by the NHL.

Basically, the NBA should a) give us back the real Sonics or b) give us an expansion team, but with no restrictions on the draft, and we should automatically get the first pick in the draft for three years straight and an exemption from the luxury tax for the first five years of the nu-Sonics to help us get back to competitiveness. Oh, and all future owners should have to sell to a group keeping the team in Seattle (with the penalty of loss of ownership for any Bennett-style liars that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk).

None of those things will happen, but that's the only way I'll give any of my money or time to the NBA at this point. I can still rock my vintage Xavier McDaniel Sonics jersey that I ordered from China so the NBA wouldn't get any of my money and have my happy memories of those past Sonics teams. Hell, I even have a couple happy memories of Vin Baker. The NBA can't take that away from me.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 pm
  • The NBA should do the right thing when we get a team back and give us Durant. And Collison too. That would do a lot in regaining my trust and money again
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:21 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:That's not what was said, and stop with the "go choke or go die, or whatever", internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit. It's pathetic.

The_Z_Man wrote:
    I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

That's all.

IndyHawk wrote:That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:

So this post saying "if you were a true Sonics fan....it's this...." quoting your post in which you say you have no interest in ever seeing a team back, hate the sport, and only want to to piss on Stern's grave is not saying that true Sonics fans never want to see the team come back? Ok. Thanks for the lecture on "internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit" shortly after you talked about urinating on a gravesite. I'm not going to put up with a loser mentality that tells me wanting to get the Sonics back and being active in a community that's trying to make that happen is not being a true fan.

The_Z_Man wrote:The feeling here, is that the NBA needs to woo Seattle and make up for the wrongs done, not the other way around.

When someone screws you over, you don't bend over for them again and give them what they want - if you go cow-towing to the NBA and whining for a team, they are going to make you pay through the nose, and they are going to give you a 15 loser years that sucks money from the city.

No, what you do is support your other teams and cockblock the NBA, and make them start to realize they are missing a top 10 market entirely - you think this Superbowl run by the Seahawks and the enthusiasm of the fans isn't a giant freaking black eye for the NBA? It makes them look like total FOOLS.

And that's what you gotta keep doing, until they are practically begging to put a team back here. Have some self-respect.

Is that how that works? We're going to get a team by ignoring the idea altogether and playing hard to get? I guess that means scrap the arena plan, created specifically to get the Sonics back and pushed by a grassroots movement of diehard Sonics fans? We wouldn't want to "woo" the NBA. Our chances are a lot better when the only place they have to play is the Key. I don't know what kind of dream scenario you envision in which the NBA comes crying to us while we're standing there with our arms crossed, scoffing as they plead with us to take them back. It's not going to happen that way. The NBA...and the NHL will come to Seattle only because of the work of some really rich dudes who want basketball back in this city and the grassroots efforts of Sonics fans.

This is not the strategy that works:
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:23 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:This is not the strategy that works:

I said nothing about "true fans" ... I mean, what is a "true fan"? Not my words.

As far as the rest, I really would urinate on Stern's grave... given the opportunity, that is EXACTLY would I would do. Have you ever been robbed? Has anyone broken into your home and stole your personal shit? If you have experienced that (the memory is distant for me but I can still pull it up from time to time), then you would understand the absolute anger and sense of violation that occurs. I view Stern in the same way I do a filthy thief, that is all, period. And I won't say anything further than that in order to not get in trouble.

THAT sentiment is a lot different than wishing ill of some random internet poster for their "opinion" on an issue. I just don't really appreciate vindictive comments directed at me or anyone else in the forums for having a different opinion. I disagree with you entirely on wanting to woo the NBA, but wishing something bad to happen to you because our paradigms don't align, well, it would be poor character on my part.

Big difference between someone disagreeing with you and someone STEALING from you. If you can't see that, really, there is nothing else to say.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:26 pm
  • Did you think I might have been referring to the guy who did mention "true fans," and perhaps, not you, who didn't? You know, that post directly above the post where I made that comment?

And good for you on overreacting. You're a strong moral example that I will be sure to have my future children follow. You're taking what I said way too seriously to make an unrelated point.

Stern is not the only guilty party. Our state legislature had a huge hand in it, so did our former owner. If it were all Stern and his cronies, it might be different, but our region played a role in the loss of the Sonics, not the fans, but it's those fans who are going to have to do the making up for it.
    Last edited by pinksheets on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:27 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:At this point, short of the NBA giving us back the Sonics that are exiled in Oklahoma, my trust level with the league is too low to be made up. I don't trust them. I miss the Sonics, but at this point, if having to deal with the NBA is the only thing that gets the Sonics back, I'm not prepared to do it. They had a chance to somewhat make things up, and you saw what happened last year.

I'm also not going to sit through a decade of bad expansion team basketball, assuming expansion occurred. I would do that with the NHL because we haven't been screwed out of a team by the NHL.

Basically, the NBA should a) give us back the real Sonics or b) give us an expansion team, but with no restrictions on the draft, and we should automatically get the first pick in the draft for three years straight and an exemption from the luxury tax for the first five years of the nu-Sonics to help us get back to competitiveness. Oh, and all future owners should have to sell to a group keeping the team in Seattle (with the penalty of loss of ownership for any Bennett-style liars that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk).

None of those things will happen, but that's the only way I'll give any of my money or time to the NBA at this point. I can still rock my vintage Xavier McDaniel Sonics jersey that I ordered from China so the NBA wouldn't get any of my money and have my happy memories of those past Sonics teams. Hell, I even have a couple happy memories of Vin Baker. The NBA can't take that away from me.

:13: :th2thumbs:
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:33 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:That's not what was said, and stop with the "go choke or go die, or whatever", internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit. It's pathetic.

The_Z_Man wrote:
    I actually don't care about the NBA anymore... they lost me as a fan, and I could really give a crap if Seattle never gets a team... I mean, what is the point? Durant is on OKC? That was a once in a lifetime pick... Getting some team from scratch and watching it toil in obscurity for a decade? No thanks.

That's all.

IndyHawk wrote:That pretty much sums all I have said and felt..If you were a true Sonics fan from way back and see how the game is today..It's this :13:

So this post saying "if you were a true Sonics fan....it's this...." quoting your post in which you say you have no interest in ever seeing a team back, hate the sport, and only want to to piss on Stern's grave is not saying that true Sonics fans never want to see the team come back? Ok. Thanks for the lecture on "internet wanna-be tough guy bullshit" shortly after you talked about urinating on a gravesite. I'm not going to put up with a loser mentality that tells me wanting to get the Sonics back and being active in a community that's trying to make that happen is not being a true fan.

The_Z_Man wrote:The feeling here, is that the NBA needs to woo Seattle and make up for the wrongs done, not the other way around.

Is that how that works? We're going to get a team by ignoring the idea altogether and playing hard to get? I guess that means scrap the arena plan, created specifically to get the Sonics back and pushed by a grassroots movement of diehard Sonics fans? We wouldn't want to "woo" the NBA. Our chances are a lot better when the only place they have to play is the Key. I don't know what kind of dream scenario you envision in which the NBA comes crying to us while we're standing there with our arms crossed, scoffing as they plead with us to take them back. It's not going to happen that way. The NBA...and the NHL will come to Seattle only because of the work of some really rich dudes who want basketball back in this city and the grassroots efforts of Sonics fans.

This is not the strategy that works:

When me and others post our opinions on how we feel, I understand that you may not like it but that doesn't mean we are wrong..We were die hard Sonics fans period..It hurt that it was all schemed away..A dirty lame move by the owner and commish..How is it we should reward that action by begging and paying about a billion dollars in fees for a crummy expansion or relocated team that won't win big for a long time?There is no way on the Seattle end that they should do anything for that watered down and broken business model called the NBA..(RIP) Sonics
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:37 pm
  • Good for you, but don't make statements about what kind of mindset makes someone a "true fan". I'll see you at the games when they come back.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:55 pm
  • <<< this guy isn't a true fan

Idc how we get a team, whether we take or get handed one, I just want basketball back.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:58 pm
  • Neither are Brian Robinson or Sonics Guy.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm
  • STOP FIGHTING YEW GUISE!
    We all want the same thing.......wait, do we? I didn't read those really long naggy posts...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Go Kings

Get out from under Kevin Johnson's desk will ya?

Go NHL, EF the NBA!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Neither are Brian Robinson or Sonics Guy.

Hell, Chris Hansen might not be either
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:21 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Good for you, but don't make statements about what kind of mindset makes someone a "true fan". I'll see you at the games when they come back.

I see that the "true fan" thing got to you..I almost want to do a Sherman ..Sorry for hurting your "feelings"...As for seeing me at a game(s).. :2: The Sonics are not coming back ever..They are the Thunder..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:50 am
  • Sherman actually says things with intelligence behind it.

I dunno what the hell was behind the "true sonics fan" thing though, I refuse to believe any type of intelligence was behind that, no one is that ignorant.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 pm
  • Since TWO of you can't debate with big boy pants on this thread is being locked, WE DON'T TOLERATE TRUE FAN CARDS HERE NO MATTER THE SPORT, CONSIDER IT A WARNING.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information