NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Maybe Hansen has been told expansion has been coming, but I'll tell you that ESPN has not been told by the NBA "hey, we're expanding, we just wanted to let you know so you could get your mobile app ready ASAP, just don't tell anybody."

That whole thing is meaningless.

Pretty much, but it was fun to dream for first 5 minutes then you realize it's probably just a screw up on ESPN
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:54 pm
  • *sigh*
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:25 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:http://live.wsj.com/video/stern-kings-suitors-never-got-their-30m-back/29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498.html#!29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498

Stern says the $30M deposit is "non-refundable"

It always was, more so the Maloofs couldn't back out. That doesn't change the fact that Stern is an absolute worthless human being. I really wish Hansen would have nuked it. I wanted Stern's final year to be as miserable as possible.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:44 pm
  • JOz56 wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:http://live.wsj.com/video/stern-kings-suitors-never-got-their-30m-back/29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498.html#!29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498

It always was, more so the Maloofs couldn't back out. That doesn't change the fact that Stern is an absolute worthless human being. I really wish Hansen would have nuked it. I wanted Stern's final year to be as miserable as possible.

Yeah, I wish Hansen got a little dirty and made Stern deal with a lawsuit in his last year.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:31 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    JOz56 wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:http://live.wsj.com/video/stern-kings-suitors-never-got-their-30m-back/29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498.html#!29840C18-F728-41D4-B332-E8CDF4814498

Yeah, I wish Hansen got a little dirty and made Stern deal with a lawsuit in his last year.

The fact that he hasn't is the main reason I think we have been promised an expansion team.....*sigh*
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm
  • I saw some tweets today from the sonics rising guys that they are talking expansion for Seattle. Obviously this is the reason we backed down and didn't fight harder for the kings. A team is coming our way in the next year to two. Book it.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm
  • Lots and lots of talk about the Coyotes coming to Seattle today. Obviously there are problems with our arena situation, as the Key is not ideal, but still, seems like the NHL is open to just going ahead with it.

And then this:

Sonics Arena ‏@sonicsarena 12m
    Back to work.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:59 pm
  • *squeal*
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm
  • Don't care how it gets done, just get it done :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Oh you're not gonna jump off a cliff again are you, Blitzer????
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Oh you're not gonna jump off a cliff again are you, Blitzer????

Depends on the outcome.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 am
  • NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL!
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL!

is boring, boring, boring, boring
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL! NHL!

INCORRECT

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

INCORRECT

+1 That game last night was AMAZING !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:41 am
  • Throwdown wrote:

Dude! :shock:
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am
  • Oh here we go!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am
  • Hockey sucks
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 am
  • I like hockey :oops:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Sacramento sucks

Fixed
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 am
  • Excited about the hockey, but the NBA can suck it.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:59 am
  • Hey lets all look at it this way, if we get an nhl team we will get an nba team and likewise if we get an nba team we will get an nhl team. At least thats how I see it.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am
  • I have a hard time watching hockey but if we got a team i wouldn't miss a game and would learn to love it fast.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Hey lets all look at it this way, if we get an nhl team we will get an nba team and likewise if we get an nba team we will get an nhl team. At least thats how I see it.

Incorrect, the NBA team must be acquired to even build the SoDo Arena, we don't get an NHL team without assurance that we will have a new arena for a team.

NBA team is the major goal.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:19 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Hey lets all look at it this way, if we get an nhl team we will get an nba team and likewise if we get an nba team we will get an nhl team. At least thats how I see it.

Incorrect, the NBA team must be acquired to even build the SoDo Arena, we don't get an NHL team without assurance that we will have a new arena for a team.

Possible that it's a gamble the NHL takes to kick the NBA's ass in gear. Of course, I think expansion is more realistic than it was a year ago, so all of this may be happening and we're just waiting on the official word. Regardless, when the NBA comes back and if the NHL follows, I would be taking a lot more trips to Seattle, and may even convince the fiance to move back.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 pm
  • NBA is definitely the main objective, but I am more excited about the prospect of a hockey team. Im hoping we get a press conference announcing both at once, someday...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:52 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

Dude! :shock:

This! I'm not into the NHL right now because Seattle doesn't have a team. But if they get one I'm "all in"!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Hey lets all look at it this way, if we get an nhl team we will get an nba team and likewise if we get an nba team we will get an nhl team. At least thats how I see it.

Way to shoot down his only optimistic moment in the last year, Throw...real nice ;)
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:

I know that, I am just saying that if it is announced the Seattle will get a hockey team, that an NBA team will shortly follow and thus allow us to get the building started.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

I know that, I am just saying that if it is announced the Seattle will get a hockey team, that an NBA team will shortly follow and thus allow us to get the building started.

Throwdown - I can't believe you squashed the one (NBA-related) optimistic thought Blitzer has had in months
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:14 pm
  • Hansen left the door open to an NHL ownership group coming in and paying out of their pockets as partners in the arena deal to get a shovel in the ground until Hansen gets his team secured. The MOU would have to be changed, but if a group wants to come in and put down some of the money for a building, they could, theoretically. Hansen has just said that it won't be his money getting invested before the NBA guarantees a return.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I saw some tweets today from the sonics rising guys that they are talking expansion for Seattle. Obviously this is the reason we backed down and didn't fight harder for the kings. A team is coming our way in the next year to two. Book it.

Tim Montemayor was on with Brock and Danny back on 5/15. For those who might have missed it, here is a real scooby snack from that interview last month ...

Montemayor: “I think that the best case scenario is a year from now you will be 99% through an expansion process. And I’ve said this for two months – that the Hansen/Ballmer group is in position to become an owner of a franchise through expansion. And that has been talked about and bandied about in NBA circles for several months. And I think the clearest indication that that information’s correct is the news that the NBA is going to re-negotiate their TV Contract early – and they have an out after every year in which they can re-negotiate that. But they need that negotiation to happen in order to leverage it for the most money and expansion. I think ‘clear path’ for Seattle means that they’re going to re-negotiate that TV Deal, which would include a new franchise.

You can both listen to and read the entire interview at the link below ...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68646&start=0

It appears abundantly clear to me that Montemayor's information is correct and that he is honestly plugged in to some credible and knowledgable NBA inside sources here. Montemayor contends that the relationship between the Maloofs and Hansen's group were really damaging Seattle's chances of landing a team. Hansen was told that after he reached to some sources within the NBA that he knew and trusted. Once he and his group began to back away from the Maloofs, the channels of communication began to open back up again and VOILA! ... here we are. If that really is true that the NBA will move to re-negotiate its TV Deal once the NBA Finals are over ... then I think you'll see the talk about an expansion team for Seattle start to really amp up. Yes, I know that the expansion process is open to every city ... and that Seattle will be among several cities competing for an expansion franchise if that actually comes to fruition. That said, Seattle would seem to me to be head and shoulders above any other city out there right now when it comes to expansion ... and Stern has already acknowledged that Seattle is #1 on the list. I agree -- you will see an NBA team in Seattle again in the next 1-3 years. This train has just far too much momentum behind it.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 pm
  • There was also that report out of SF from "NBA sources" that the NBA and Hanson Group are in serious talks to expand the Sonics back into Seattle. All the indices are indicating the Sonics coming back vis-a-vis the big old expand.
    P.S. What's with that stupid fighting crap in hockey? Are they gonna do that if we get a team? We don't roll like that here in the Jet City, people--we just pop a cap in yo ass. ;)
    IF NO BEAST MODE, WHAT'S PLAN B?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/07/30/ ... s-offense/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:23 pm
  • I saw a funny hockey movie called Thug. It was okay. Same people that did Pinapple Express, but it wasn't anywhere near as make-doodoo-in-your-pants funny.
    IF NO BEAST MODE, WHAT'S PLAN B?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/07/30/ ... s-offense/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Any word on you guys getting an actual MLB team?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:51 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Any word on you guys getting an actual MLB team?

There are rumors that after Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong retire we may get one! ;)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:43 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Any word on you guys getting an actual MLB team?

You want the team we have now?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:27 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Any word on you guys getting an actual MLB team?

You want the team we have now?

Definatly not that team. I wouldn't even want the Seahawks (or any NFL team for that matter). Although it would be cool if the Hawks played a preseason game down here every year, or maybe rotated between Anchorage, Vancouver and Portland or something on a yearly basis.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:02 am
  • Where would they play? Autzen?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 am
  • Jeld-Wen perhaps, though it's rather small.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:21 am
  • OK all you hockey pucks, in case you don't already know, Sonics Rising has a poll for naming the hockey team.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 am
  • grizbob wrote:OK all you hockey pucks, in case you don't already know, Sonics Rising has a poll for naming the hockey team.

How about the Hansons? Then you pay tribute to the man who made it possible and to a great hockey movie as well. :sarcasm_off:
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:09 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    grizbob wrote:OK all you hockey pucks, in case you don't already know, Sonics Rising has a poll for naming the hockey team.

How about the Hansons? Then you pay tribute to the man who made it possible and to a great hockey movie as well. :sarcasm_off:

How you gonna pay tribute to a guy and spell his name wrong?
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm
  • :common069:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm
  • dunceface wrote::common069:

Our time is coming...

Patience, grass hoppas