NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed May 15, 2013 6:17 pm
  • So apparently the amount in escrow from Sacramento is a little over $200m, based on the 65% of $525m valuation minus the NBA loans and the Sac loans.....

Hansen is offering the Maloofs $125m to take less than a third of their stake.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:20 pm
  • NoChops wrote:just remember who owns the I-5 series blazer fans....

Sacramento? (they're on I-5 too.)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm
  • How is that not highly illegal?
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    dunceface wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:As much as I want to have some hope for something to happen.......I just don't see anything good coming from this. Worst part is if H/B/N go away we will never have a chance at the NBA again. Seattle will never have as good a deal as they do now.

Maybe the best thing for you is to just walk away for a while and once some encouraging news comes out jump back in...GO GRIZZLIES!!!

Yuck. More like "GO EARTHQUAKE!!!"

That works too :mrgreen:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:24 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    NoChops wrote:just remember who owns the I-5 series blazer fans....

its in the record books sir, you lost. :thirishdrinkers:
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm
  • NoChops wrote:just remember who owns the I-5 series blazer fans....

wtf is that?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm
  • NoChops wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    NoChops wrote:just remember who owns the I-5 series blazer fans....

its in the record books sir, you lost. :thirishdrinkers:

If you can only find it in the history books, it doesn't count.

But I dont have the heart to talk trash to Sonic fans tonight so I'll get back to you when Lillard is torching your expansion team.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 15, 2013 6:28 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I would NEVER root for the Blazers. There is no way.

But I love Portland. It just will not happen. NO NO NO.

Anyway, I did not pay attention to the NBA AT ALL for the past five years. I am headed back to doing that. This is from someone whose earliest sports memory is Chambers and McDaniel leading the Sonics to a win over the Hawks in some random NBA game.

Yep, this echoes my sentiments exactly. Except that I started slightly later; my first memory of Tom Chambers was him dropping 50 on us.

I stayed away from the NBA entirely for a few seasons. As it wore off I started to let myself pay a little bit of attention to the playoffs. Now that the NBA has freshened up the wound, I'm back to having no desire to watch again at all.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    If you can only find it in the history books, it doesn't count.

But I dont have the heart to talk trash to Sonic fans tonight so I'll get back to you when Lillard is torching your expansion team.

so the Germans won the war??....talk trash if you like, I gotta go get in the bathtub...tornado sires going nuts now
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote: I will NEVER root for the jail blazers

now that is just lame :roll:

Why??
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 6:53 pm
  • salamander wrote:You guys really are pathetic. You'll be in these forums doing a circle jerk thinking about how the whole world is against you while I'll be taking my daughter to basketball games. Have fun.

Choke on a fat one Salamander. The Kings will be the NBA doormats for a long time.
    Last edited by dopeboy206 on Wed May 15, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

Wed May 15, 2013 6:59 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote: I will NEVER root for the jail blazers

now that is just lame :roll:

Why??

That's sooooo 15 years ago maybe?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 7:02 pm
  • Someone get this salamander clown outta here with that stupid ass avatar.

Friggin clown.

And no we don't wanna root for those shitty little blazers, let us piss and moan in peace.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 15, 2013 7:03 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:That's sooooo 15 years ago maybe?

Meh, who cares? It's still a great nickname.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 7:04 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:And no we don't wanna root for those shitty little blazers, let us piss and moan in peace.

THIS! If you're not a Sonics fan, get the hell out! We don't want your "condolences" and we will NOT root for your crappy team. You don't get it so don't say anything!
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 pm
  • Being back the ABA, with Seattle building the first team. Go directly after douche bag stern, and when they start to fall apart don't allow Sactown in. It would take a ton of money and patience but starting with a guy like Balmer would be a good start.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 7:48 pm
  • Not gonna lie, I felt a little something in my eye reading Hansen's comments.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 15, 2013 7:51 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Not gonna lie, I felt a little something in my eye reading Hansen's comments.

I got choked up as well as I knew that our best chance to ever get the NBA back just got pissed away.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm
  • It ain't over til they say its over, we gotta wait a little bit. But the fact they are opening tv talks now, along with how many times they mentioned expansion without being ask about it.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think as long as Hansen keeps a dialogue with Silver we'll get the Sonics back
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm
  • Throwdown, you on SonicsRising?
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 8:00 pm
  • Yeah, but I barely post I'm M E 2288
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:It ain't over til they say its over, we gotta wait a little bit. But the fact they are opening tv talks now, along with how many times they mentioned expansion without being ask about it.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think as long as Hansen keeps a dialogue with Silver we'll get the Sonics back

Man....I wish I could see the good in this like you, but really I see no hope in the end. Seattle will be played again and already have been.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Max Unger ‏@MaxUnger60 7m
    “@heydtrain: @MaxUnger60 I'm a huge Sacramento fan, I can't believe you want us to lose our team Mr Unger. Hurtful” pic.twitter.com/6usI19sMCt

For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 8:07 pm
  • If they don't nuke the NBA and Stern with anti-trust lawsuits I'm pretty much done! I'm way tired of the NBA's circus......The NBA's "promises" don't mean jack period! Seattle will be forever used as a pawn by the NBA if it (HBN) doesn't fight back and punch the NBA and Stern right in the mouth with litigation. Playing nice twice hasn't gotten us a team, time to try a different plan by fighting back and start dictating to the NBA whats going to happen, and if it doesn't do so in a timely matter, they will pay the anti-trust lawsuit consequences!!!!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 15, 2013 8:18 pm
  • Taking it to the courts isn't going to get us a team, but rather ensure that we don't. From what I've heard, deputy commish Silver really likes Hansen. Stern needs to GTFO NOW. Slimeball POS.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm
  • SE174 wrote:Taking it to the courts isn't going to get us a team, but rather ensure that we don't. From what I've heard, deputy commish Silver really likes Hansen. Stern needs to GTFO NOW. Slimeball POS.

Actually that's HOW Seattle got the Mariners, via lawsuit or threat of one. Odds are Silver is Stern 2.0, he's Stern's handpicked toady. IMHO if you want Seattle to get used as a PAWN for the NBA for the rest of eternity, do as you suggested. Hardball is the only language these assclowns in the NBA understand!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 15, 2013 8:56 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    SE174 wrote:Taking it to the courts isn't going to get us a team, but rather ensure that we don't. From what I've heard, deputy commish Silver really likes Hansen. Stern needs to GTFO NOW. Slimeball POS.

Actually that's HOW Seattle got the Mariners, via lawsuit or threat of one. Odds are Silver is Stern 2.0, he's Stern's handpicked toady. IMHO if you want Seattle to get used as a PAWN for the NBA for the rest of eternity, do as you suggested. Hardball is the only language these assclowns in the NBA understand!

Yup, unless they're keeping expansion underwraps for now but have a signed agreement, I'm all for the courts. We might not get anything out of it, but I sure as hell don't mind mucking up any future dealings that the NBA has going on. If I'm a billionaire and I see this, there is no way in hell I am buying into the league. There is no way I am going to allow the NBA to use us as pawns ever again, so burn all the bridges between here and ever.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm
  • I personally think the NBA will expand to 30 teams by 2016 and that's when Seattle will get a team back.

Why 2016? That's when the NBA has a new TV deal to work out.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed May 15, 2013 9:22 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I personally think the NBA will expand to 30 teams by 2016 and that's when Seattle will get a team back.

Why 2016? That's when the NBA has a new TV deal to work out.

We'll see. At this point if/when they expand I expect to see a team in KC and Little Rock.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 pm
  • salamander wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:Revisionist history on salamander's part. You didn't say that our lack of fan support was one of the reasons the Sonics left?

All you have ever had to say is that you know that Seattle is a far better market, with a more expansive fan base, with deeper pockets and better basketball history than Sacramento and that the fact that you still have a team is a gift from the league. Literally none of that whatsoever is disputable. You have disputed this. You have disputed that we have a better arena plan, that our city is in a far better economic situation, that we as fans were powerless in 2008. Its inarguable. Love your city, enjoy the Kings, but don't come here and try to rationalize it, like you deserved it.

And put yourself in our shoes, twice now, in situations where we, as fans, have no power, twice, the nba has picked a smaller, weaker market with a smaller potential for growth than us. How would you feel?

I never said any of that. My view is that your city and plan was obviously better, but the Kings still deserved the team because it was already theirs and they did everything they needed to keep it

I agree with this point of view.

I don't see the Montreal screwjob here. Kevin Johnson asked Stern what he had to do to get the Kings to stay, Stern said xyz, Johnson went out and did xyz.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm
  • Hello there Seattle.

How are you today? I'm sure you know by now and oh boy do your tears taste delicious. A little too salty though. I can see why, not only did you get chosen over by a superior market, but you have that constantly depressing weather up there to go along with the aura of mediocrity known as the city of Seattle. A town full of nothing but failure. So sad. Clearly the NBA sees the far superior value in California over Washington. California is superior in every possible category, and it isn't even remotely close. There's also the fact that we constantly dominate you in sports year after year. I'd be angry too.

Support your other teams so the same doesn't happen again. The saying is so true, silence is golden isn't it?

Suck it sore losers!

Shots fired.
    TheIllusiveMan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm
  • Wow took almost 7 hours for you to figure out how to get here for your one and done post, your really special, I agree that California is higher in many factors, debt, Cities going bankrupt, more illegal aliens, higher crime rate, more pollution, much higher commute times. Yes California is special, now dominationg is sports, I guess that may be true, since you have ten teams to every one of ours in any given sport, your record is a bit better. But then again it would take ten of everything to equal one of Washington.

You did not win anything by the way, there is nothing completed except a no vote on relocation, Your Arena is offer the Kings is already getting Lawsuits lined up, the sale has not been approved as of yet, the Maloofs have not decided if they want to sell as of yet to the Sacramento group. Yes the writing on the wall looks to be favoring the Kings, but not because of anything Superior, it is because the NBA all but filled out your paper work and held hands all the way thru the process. Given left on their own this would have fell apart and never got off the ground. Stern had a allie in Kevin Johnson as Mayor, maybe if we would have had Lenny Wilkens as the City of Seattles Mayor it may have turned out differently. Nothing in the Sacamentos offer on any scale was even close to what Seattle offered. The fact that Stern thru a shot our way out of the gate saying he had to get to the OKC game in many minds points to his anomosity towards Seattle.

Only solice we have is that he watched the GRIZZLIES eliminate the OKC team tonight.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 pm
  • Mods, you know what to do.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed May 15, 2013 10:23 pm
  • Please. Seattle is supposedly a world class city but loses franchise to Sacramento and Oklahoma City, that says a lot about your mediocre market. Your pro teams,college teams, fans, and politicians consistently fold and bend over to any type of tension and pressure. Seattle is a city of choke artists. Nothing more, nothing less. CA is the state of champions. Sacramento is a bottom feeder in the state, below LA, SF, SD, and San Jose and yet you still couldn't beat them out for a team. Come on now Seattle. Step it up. When are you going to pop this bubble of losing?
    TheIllusiveMan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 15, 2013 10:26 pm
  • damn, such a great user name wasted on such a lame user...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed May 15, 2013 10:26 pm
  • One of two things should happen: this idiot troll should be banned or this topic should be shacked so we could let this idiot troll know how we feel about her.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 pm
  • Sacramento is a garbage dump with the lowest attendance in the league.

The Maloofs are not going to sell to Ranadive and your arena deal is going to fall apart.

Your city is a joke and a failure much like yourself.

It's too bad that some REAL fans like us didn't get your basketball team, but David Stern is a terrible businessman
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm
  • TheIllusiveMan wrote:Please. Seattle is supposedly a world class city but loses franchise to Sacramento and Oklahoma City, that says a lot about your mediocre market.

And LA lost the Seahawks to Seattle so that must mean it's an even worse market than Seattle, or did you conveniently forget that?
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 pm
  • Truth hurts suckers. I'll leave you girls to drown in your misery up in the suicide capitol. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this lovely California weather with my teams bringing home titles. Something you won't have to worry about anytime soon. Sucks to be you! Peace!

I don't think LA ever wanted the Seahawks. Why would LA want a mediocre franchise with Seattle's aura wrapped around it? No thanks.
    TheIllusiveMan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm
  • TheIllusiveMan wrote:Truth hurts suckers. I'll leave you girls to drown in your misery up in the suicide capitol. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this lovely California weather with my teams bringing home titles. Something you won't have to worry about anytime soon. Sucks to be you! Peace!

I don't think LA ever wanted the Seahawks. Why would LA want a mediocre franchise with Seattle's aura wrapped around it? No thanks.

Wait, so your just a "California sports fan"? Huh... :th2thumbs: :?:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 10:34 pm
  • You wouldn't know truth even if it beat you in the head with a rusty pipe, which is exactly what I'm sure happened to you as a child.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed May 15, 2013 10:39 pm
  • Aww man. Seeing you little cup cakes get your hopes up only to get squashed was comedy gold. Seeing you throw your little fits like 5 year olds for not getting the toy you wanted and trashing it afterwards is freaking classic. Keep me entertained with your misery!
    TheIllusiveMan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 15, 2013 10:44 pm
  • TheIllusiveMan wrote:Aww man. Seeing you little cup cakes get your hopes up only to get squashed was comedy gold. Seeing you throw your little fits like 5 year olds for not getting the toy you wanted and trashing it afterwards is freaking classic. Keep me entertained with your misery!

You think this is misery? Just wait until the Kings finally leave when the city can't afford to pay for the arena and the state can't afford to bail them out. Then you will know misery.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 pm
  • Can't believe you let this fuck boy get to y'all.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm
  • Aww what a cute little troll. Dont feed him and he will leave eventually just like salamander
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Can't believe you let this fuck boy get to y'all.

Oh believe me, he hasn't gotten to me. I always like to talk smack but his shit is weak.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 am
  • Lol I found it funny that he himself had to put shots fired like the what he was said was some hot scalding shit talk
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 am
  • TheIllusiveMan wrote:Hello there Seattle.

How are you today? I'm sure you know by now and oh boy do your tears taste delicious. A little too salty though. I can see why, not only did you get chosen over by a superior market, but you have that constantly depressing weather up there to go along with the aura of mediocrity known as the city of Seattle. A town full of nothing but failure. So sad. Clearly the NBA sees the far superior value in California over Washington. California is superior in every possible category, and it isn't even remotely close. There's also the fact that we constantly dominate you in sports year after year. I'd be angry too.

Support your other teams so the same doesn't happen again. The saying is so true, silence is golden isn't it?

Suck it sore losers!

Shots fired.

Cool story, bro.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Thu May 16, 2013 4:08 am
  • TheIllusiveMan wrote:Hello there Seattle.

Suck it sore losers!

Shots fired.

Dumb.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 am
  • Still can't get over this cornball having to validate himself

"Shots fired"

Lawd that's hilarious
    3elieve