Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11100
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Pstark3 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 42m
Two Sacramento Attorneys have just filed suit alleging fraud and illegal use of public funds in #Sacramento Arena project


And this: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/14/4 ... sacramento

I've seen this movie before.....

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
@BMayNews10: I asked George, if BoG votes down 65%, wouldn't they also vote down 20%. "I can sell to whoever I want to."

Tensions getting pretty high


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
I want this to get muddy, it's beyond just getting the Sonics back, it's personal. Anyway that smears Stern and makes him looks like more of a disgrace to professional sports the better for me. This episode along with the Sonics original relocation in addition to the ref gambling scandal a few years ago(Yeah, only one guy involved I'm sure - end sarcasm) should rightfully be an albatross around Stern's neck.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1597
tdlabrie wrote:
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?


Nope. But the NBA would sure love for you (and the Hansen and Maloof groups) to believe that.

The Seattle group isn't going to back down. They believe the sale will be approved and there is a rumor that they have heard from enough owners to support this theory. Hansen's group is hoping the owners will approve the sale or offer expansion so they don't have to go to court.

Don't listen to the media. They're the least knowledgeable of anyone when it comes to what's happening and what will happen in the future. In fact, much of what you're hearing is just propaganda coming straight from the NBA offices. Or it's just pure conjecture.

I've heard ridiculous reports that the Maloofs can't sue and could be forced to sell. Both points are blatantly false and such a statement shows a complete ignorance of the law. The NBA could move for dismissal of an antitrust suit based on any number of reasons, but whether that case is dismissed or not is up to the judge hearing the motion - and nobody knows how that would turn out because it's up to the judge, not the NBA. It's just as likely (if not more likely) that a judge would allow the case to continue. And even if the suit was dismissed, it could be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court, just like what happened in the American Needle case.

I've also heard in the media that the owners are annoyed with Ballmer. How would anyone know that? And why would any owner be annoyed with Ballmer? The NBA might be annoyed with Ballmer and that would make sense, but the other owners?

The owners don't care about NBA politics. They are businessmen and their own business interests come first. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Ultimately, the owners will vote for whatever they feel will be best for their own interests. And it's hard to argue against the immediate boost in value that all NBA teams will experience if they approve a sale of the Kings for $625 million. If the Kings are worth that, what does that do for the top 16 markets? You're talking about hundreds of millions here.

So don't get too up or down based on what you're hearing here, in the media, or anywhere else. If you really want to feel better, just take peace knowing that the Seattle group is going to put up one hell of a fight and has no plans to back down. And that the Hansen group believes they have enough owner support to win a vote on the sale (based on what they have heard directly from the other owners).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 3009
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
So based on your sources, what are you expecting to hear tomorrow, Alan Rickman?

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Yakima
I want desperately for Hans Gruber to have a happy ending at the end of this movie.

_________________
Russell Wilson and Chris Hansen. My man crushes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
Yakima Hawkster wrote:
I want desperately for Hans Gruber to have a happy ending at the end of this movie.



Yippee'Kai-Yay Mother ***************!

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1242
HansGruber wrote:
tdlabrie wrote:
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?


Nope. But the NBA would sure love for you (and the Hansen and Maloof groups) to believe that.

The Seattle group isn't going to back down. They believe the sale will be approved and there is a rumor that they have heard from enough owners to support this theory. Hansen's group is hoping the owners will approve the sale or offer expansion so they don't have to go to court.

Don't listen to the media. They're the least knowledgeable of anyone when it comes to what's happening and what will happen in the future. In fact, much of what you're hearing is just propaganda coming straight from the NBA offices. Or it's just pure conjecture.

I've heard ridiculous reports that the Maloofs can't sue and could be forced to sell. Both points are blatantly false and such a statement shows a complete ignorance of the law. The NBA could move for dismissal of an antitrust suit based on any number of reasons, but whether that case is dismissed or not is up to the judge hearing the motion - and nobody knows how that would turn out because it's up to the judge, not the NBA. It's just as likely (if not more likely) that a judge would allow the case to continue. And even if the suit was dismissed, it could be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court, just like what happened in the American Needle case.

I've also heard in the media that the owners are annoyed with Ballmer. How would anyone know that? And why would any owner be annoyed with Ballmer? The NBA might be annoyed with Ballmer and that would make sense, but the other owners?

The owners don't care about NBA politics. They are businessmen and their own business interests come first. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Ultimately, the owners will vote for whatever they feel will be best for their own interests. And it's hard to argue against the immediate boost in value that all NBA teams will experience if they approve a sale of the Kings for $625 million. If the Kings are worth that, what does that do for the top 16 markets? You're talking about hundreds of millions here.

So don't get too up or down based on what you're hearing here, in the media, or anywhere else. If you really want to feel better, just take peace knowing that the Seattle group is going to put up one hell of a fight and has no plans to back down. And that the Hansen group believes they have enough owner support to win a vote on the sale (based on what they have heard directly from the other owners).


I'm not saying I believe it, but the most convincing reason I've heard for the owners to keep the Kings away from HBN is that the Seattle arena deal will involve mostly the owners' $$ instead of public subidies, such as in Sac - the other owners supposedly don't want to establish this precedent.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1242
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am
Posts: 410
@HansGruber from the tweets by the Miami owner don't you think he seems a bit annoyed?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10520
Location: Pasco, WA
If the Maloofs start to waffle than we are in trouble.......them maintaining that they won't sell to the sac group was one of our biggest selling points.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html



None of those links provided any information not already known. In fact, one was linked directly to the sacramento bloggers speculative article.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9865
Like Hans Gruber said, there is going to be a lot of misinformation strewn about.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

What does this even mean?

Are you honestly believing all the Sac BS that says Hansen is a bully?

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
Pstark3 wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
TheRealDTM wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html

Because the Maloofs can NOT come out say anything about the Sac deal. The source close to them already made their intentions very clear.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10520
Location: Pasco, WA
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.



If we ever find out the blazers vote for Sacramento it would seriously affect my seahawks fandom.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

Puckett quoted McLoughlin as saying he "doesn't know" how it will turn out. Then said the same thing when he was on with Softy, I'm almost positive that's a misquote/misprint by Daniels.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means

That we didn't bend over for stern maybe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8616
Location: PNW
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means


They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.



This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
AbsolutNET wrote:
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means


They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated

According to Mitch this morning, everything HBN has done they've received the OK from the league and other owners. But the fact that Stern disclosed everything with Sac is where the lawsuit can come in play, which is an entirely different point...

But this is why Ballmer was so upset after the relo committee vote because they have done everything WITH the league. He felt betrayed

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.



This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.


I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

I asked George why they agreed to 20% backup offer. "It's a way for them (H/B) to get into the league."

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:


This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.


I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group


Can you link to the interview please?

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:




I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group


Can you link to the interview please?



https://twitter.com/BMayNews10


Yes I understand this is twitter.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
TheRealDTM wrote:

I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

Right now is the exact time when you should NOT take quotes as honesty. I'm not reading anything into that quote because it's a PC answer to a question. The Maloofs made their intentions very clear when their source "leaked" that they would not sell to Sac.

Maloofs also reiterated that they are behind Chris Hansen 100%, why are you ignoring that quote?

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:

I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

Right now is the exact time when you should NOT take quotes as honesty. I'm not reading anything into that quote because it's a PC answer to a question. The Maloofs made their intentions very clear when their source "leaked" that they would not sell to Sac.

Maloofs also reiterated that they are behind Chris Hansen 100%, why are you ignoring that quote?



I'm not, they are 100% committed to seeing the Hansen sale through. They are saying if both sales are denied they will review the Sacramento offer. Maloofs only care about Maloofs, people are thinking they are going to support us/sue, it's just not going to happen. (the last sentence is my opinion)

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:




I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group


Can you link to the interview please?



https://twitter.com/BMayNews10


Yes I understand this is twitter.[/quote]

I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:50 pm
Posts: 1601
Location: Phoenix, AZ
LOL

KJ as the background picture; Spewing pro-Sac BS. TOTALLY LEGIT!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17511
Location: Graham, WA
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.


How's it bad??

To me that's good, but then again Im already prepared for them to be turned down and HBN to take these foo's to court.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
TheRealDTM wrote:
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:

I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

Right now is the exact time when you should NOT take quotes as honesty. I'm not reading anything into that quote because it's a PC answer to a question. The Maloofs made their intentions very clear when their source "leaked" that they would not sell to Sac.

Maloofs also reiterated that they are behind Chris Hansen 100%, why are you ignoring that quote?



I'm not, they are 100% committed to seeing the Hansen sale through. They are saying if both sales are denied they will review the Sacramento offer. Maloofs only care about Maloofs, people are thinking they are going to support us/sue, it's just not going to happen. (the last sentence is my opinion)

It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.


Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9865
Throwdown wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.


How's it bad??

To me that's good, but then again Im already prepared for them to be turned down and HBN to take these foo's to court.

Me too! <cue the people's court theme music>

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.


Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
The NBA, or Stern's part of it, are trying to float out the narrative that Hansen, Ballmer, and the Maloofs are trying to extort and bully the NBA into going their way. By saying that a Sacramento offer hasn't been completely disregarded nor would it be in the future could very well be an indication of them caving in the long run, but it's just as likely a tone setting message that HBN and the Maloofs are focused on how strong their deal is, and now being "bullies".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

I requested a link to the interview, not a twitter account that has KJ as their background picture.


Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.


You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.


Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:34 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:



Sorry Gramps, welcome to the digital age. He's a local reporter who did an interview, if you want to wait for the sacramento news at 11 or the newspaper to come out for a more "official" source go ahead.

The fact you are here on a forum thread discussing this but then call out the legitimacy of twitter reporting is hilarious.



Gramps? What an idiotic post. You have no idea what my age is. This post to me is as speculative as your twitter link. The guy has an obvious bias in this situation. Just because you are told to swallow it does not mean that you cannot spit.


You are arguing that the interview never took place, because he has a sacramento bias. You are arguing this reporter misreported quotes because he's from Sacramento, and obviously reporters in sacramento can't be trusted to copy a quote to their phone.


Everyone is going to have a different interpretation of the quote, and you're free to feel encouraged by it, but to say it's a false quote because you don't want to hear it is silly.


You are arguing hearsay, squirt.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10520
Location: Pasco, WA
pinksheets wrote:
Some of you are the sorriest pussies I've ever seen. FYI.


I know.....I'm weak....... :(

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 797
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

You are arguing hearsay, squirt.


Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.


I'm taking information gathered by a sacramento reporter (who had direct experience, as result of his interview) and posting it here. So not really hearsay.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
Hawkfan77 wrote:
It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.



The NBA can force them to take a lower offer. It happened with the Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and GoldenState potential deal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 42570.html

I don't think the Malloofs can sue the league due to agreements. I think that was the point of the Hansen and 20% deal, to work it as some sort of leverage. Maybe as a minority owner he could then buy up other minority owners and get control of the team and do pretty much as he wishes


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1937
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

You are arguing hearsay, squirt.


Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another person concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.


I'm taking information gathered by a sacramento reporter (who had direct experience, as result of his interview) and posting it here. So not really hearsay.


Think about your original post and then think about the definition that you just gave.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1421
Happypuppy wrote:
Hawkfan77 wrote:
It has nothing to do with their support for us. It has everything to do with not wanting to be forced to accept a low ball offer more than 65+ million less than what's currently on the table. You think the Maloofs will say, "well we tried Chris but that offer for 65+ million less sure looks appealing" because I don't. I think 65+ million is worth fighting the NBA over. They would never sue the NBA out of obligation to Hansen, they will sue the NBA to get that 65+ million that they NBA is preventing them from receiving.



The NBA can force them to take a lower offer. It happened with the Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and GoldenState potential deal. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 42570.html

I don't think the Malloofs can sue the league due to agreements. I think that was the point of the Hansen and 20% deal, to work it as some sort of leverage. Maybe as a minority owner he could then buy up other minority owners and get control of the team and do pretty much as he wishes

Nope, that was ownership who didn't take the Ellison bid, not the BOG rejecting Ellison. And yes the Maloofs can sue the NBA even though there is a clause that "prevents" basically every legal analyst who's weighed in has said there are work arounds and the clause is pretty much meaningless.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.